supersaver

Author Topic: Updating FAM and FAZ themes.  (Read 2540 times)

Offline Narnia

Updating FAM and FAZ themes.
«: February 02, 2010, 08:04:41 AM»
FAM and FAZ since switching to SMF have always had pretty basic blue themes. I'd really like to spruce up the sites by finding a unique theme for each site. What I'd like to know from you the community is what you'd like to see for the site? Do you want a color change? Do you want me to redo the site header? How would you like the site to look?

So, I'm asking you to give me some ideas as to how I can change things up. Once a new theme is found, I'd really like to find an artist or two who can work with me to get new logos and icons throughout the site.

I realize no one out there probably has experiencing skinning a whole SMF site (but if you do and are willing to work on this, let's talk) so I'm here are a few links for you to look at themes and link me to what you like:

http://www.dzinerstudio.com
http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?action=search;version[]=51

Or just Google for SMF2.0RC2 themes.

I hope to hear from all of you!
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Vince

Re: Updating FAM and FAZ themes.
«Reply #1: February 02, 2010, 02:59:06 PM»
i totally approve of darkbreak and keeping the colors because i like those as compared to blue...

this one is pretty nice.
this would be nice if you took out all the unnecessary shit at the top or whatever that is.
and this one just for me.

Joel

«Reply #2: February 03, 2010, 09:08:45 PM»
this would be nice if you took out all the unnecessary shit at the top or whatever that is.

Offline Maddy

«Reply #3: February 07, 2010, 12:05:58 PM»

I like that one as well. :)

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #4: February 19, 2010, 05:03:25 AM»
Purrrrrppppllllleeeeeee.

Offline Casper

«Reply #5: March 05, 2010, 05:50:24 PM»
Personally I prefer the simplicity of the current base theme of blue/silver/white. Maybe a simple variation, such as [colour]/silver/white, where the current blue ([colour]) can be varied to the user's preferences.

As for the darker theme I'm not too sure. I only used that one briefly and then switched back. But I'm sure the same idea could be applied to either.
Casper: I chopped off all my hair again.
Casper: It actually looks just like Casper's hair I realized.
Casper: Does this mean I'm a furry now.
Harley: lmfao
Harley: No it doesn't.