supersaver

Author Topic: Amy's Book of Trades that did/not happen.  (Read 1907 times)

Offline Amy Gotcha

Amy's Book of Trades that did/not happen.
«: January 24, 2010, 04:11:51 PM»
As how you act before the trade is as important as going through with the trade, I'm going to cover trades that happened to go through as well as those that stopped before going though.

Just because a trade did not happen does not automatically make it negative; the experience I had when working with you dictates how I rate. As haggling is an important part of sales, sales that did not go through and stopped at haggling are also rated here.

Format
Trader: Name(s) in question
Review
#/10 (grade. 10= high) - date

Symbol Key- to avoid repeating the same phrases over and over. :)
  • NRP- Never replied after initial conversation, not even to say "no thanks".
  • !!- Seemed shady or tried to squeeze for extra money. Go at own risk.
  • (name) - Link to the seller's FAM name, mostly used if different than selling name.
  • Digos - I bought digo market items from them.

--------------------------------------
Further explanations for Symbols:
  • NRP- If you don't like a trade, counter offer or say "no thanks". Leaving a customer hanging by never replying is very rude.
  • !!- Sometimes a trade doesn't feel right. I'm not in it for the money so when I find someone who seems to be trying to dig money out of others I feel I should say something.
  • (name) - Sometimes people sell things under a different name than their "main" name, which in itself is not a problem. However, please be careful if you find people selling things under many different names. They may be doing this to run from a bad reputation.
  • digos - I do buy digos as well as alts, so I'm putting it all in this thread for your convenience. :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 07:09:48 PM by Amy Gotcha »
Getting rid of alts. Bug me!

Offline Amy Gotcha

Trades that Happened
«Reply #1: January 24, 2010, 04:12:29 PM»
Trades that Happened
Trades that went through. :) Least to most recent.

Zim: Hellspawn
Though at times abrupt and not easy to get ahold of, this seller was true to their word and traded very quickly and cleanly once you got ahold of them!
7/10 - Sept '09

Sihu/Obsidian Diabala (Harpo): digos !!
Things started normally enough for a digo sale. We decided on a price for some black roses and I transferred the money only to be mailed less than 3 minutes later that she wanted more for the roses than asked as they "go for more than that in Digo Market". Well, as everything had already been decided and we'd pretty much already shaken hands I refused to pay more than the agreed price. Either she gave me my roses or I would get my money back. After 20 minutes of banter, she eventually gave me my roses.
3/10 - Nov '09

Later on as Sihu they were trying to sell some lifers and tried to do the same thing, but this time suddenly bumping up the price to more than the lifer in question was selling for claiming they just "discovered it's worth more than that." I said no thanks and walked away.
3/10 - Nov '09

Later saw Harpo buying alts from Metallics and reselling for huge markups despite claiming to be "quitting". This time I was smart and did not ask at all. Go at own risk with this seller!
N/A - Jan '10

One more Harpo alert in which this time she stood someone up, then got really nasty when they posted a "looking for Harpo (link) " message. Also, note the ever-changing name... is she trying to dodge a reputation? It seems suspicious.
N/A - Feb '10

Metallics: Bloodshed
Very easy to work with and patient. Originally I was going for Artery + Bloodshed, but Artery's owner decided against the sale. To make up for this Metallics lowered the price. They also answered every mail politely and were patient when I had to go out of town for a few days, holding my alt for me. Excellent seller.
10/10 - Jan '10

Nature: Scottish Fold
This has to be the fastest trade yet! I got the alt within 1 hour of sending the mail. No hitches, easy to haggle with, no problem! I did find a few unhappy offline messages from Sapphirus when I logged on, but that has nothing to do with Nature. ^.^;;
8/10 - Jan '10

Chilla: Belle De Morte
Clean trade, all files arrived as promised. :) A little waiting happened on both sides, but otherwise a good trade.
7/10 - Feb '10

Filly: Digos
Bought a life kitter and 2 port spaces. Things went pretty smoothly and were traded within the day I messaged. 
6/10 - March '10

Tombstone: Cervantes, Acer, Arcturus, Torment
A quick trade of Gaia letters for alts. They were friendly to talk with and I enjoyed working with them. When one of the passwords didn't work, they fixed it within moments. An overall pleasant trading experience.
8/10 - March '10

Ruelette (Rouxfie): Digos
Though they were a bit indecisive at first, it was a good, quick and clean trade once they made up their mind.
6/10 - March '10

Skull  (Michelle): Digos
Bought a life Kitterwing. It took some haggling, but we ended up with a price we both were happy with. From there the trade was nice and clean.
6/10 - March '10

Bison (huggles): Digos
Bought a life kitter from them. Despite Furc glitching badly, they worked with me to get around the errors so I could get my kitter. Enjoy your Kitten!
7/10 - April '10

Burrow (Fathom): Pitbulls  !!
I found them pretty easy to haggle with: within 3 mails we had come to an agreement for the alt pitbulls. However, when I got the alt, I found that everything not nailed down to the alt was removed and they lied about having an extra port space on the character. Be very careful to make sure you get everything advertised.
2/10 - May '10

Asi: traded Hellspawn for Kacey
I enjoyed the very friendly tone of their messages. It was refreshing to see something so relaxed and conversational yet still professional out here. Although Asi was interested in several of my alts, we ended up on a straight trade: alt for alt. They even were willing to swap unuploaded art from one alt to another upon request. A very nice, clean trade.
9/10 - May '10

Ignus: Lace Panties, His Infernal Majesty, Glaive
This seller was extremely easy to haggle with with very reasonable prices! All mails were short and sweet with the trade being completed very quickly.
7/10 -May '10

Rouveim: sold 3 black roses and 1 candy cane
A whole bunch of ideas and alts were flung around when we both were tired. After sleeping on it, it was settled that the trade would be 3 roses and 1 candycane in exchange for an alt. The trade itself was executed cleanly and worked well.
7/10 - June '10
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 05:12:09 PM by Amy Gotcha »

Offline Amy Gotcha

Trades that Didn't Happen
«Reply #2: January 24, 2010, 04:13:09 PM»
Trades that Fell Through
Started haggling but I didn't buy the alt for some reason.
Least to most recent.

Cop: Jonah hex NRP
Started promising with a fair naked alt for a fair naked alt. Suddenly stopped talking to me even after I sent a quick, "Hey, did you forget to reply? Are you still interested?" mail.
5/10 - Jan '10

Amber: BlackPaw, WhitePaw
At first they tell me they want these to go "for cheap" as they "are quitting" and I'm just interested in names and not character designs. I offer $5- fair for what would be two naked alts with plain names. It's not enough, so I ask them to suggest a better price.

I thought they were never going to reply when I randomly got a long mail after almost a week about how sentimental Whitepaw is and how she would take $5 for her. When I mailed back in reply, I got "whoops, that wasn't meant for you" and the notification that she "wasn't selling". I wish she had just come out and told me instead of me finding out by accident- it would have saved us all trouble.
3/10 - Jan '10

After 5 months I got a mail complaining about the negative review. Apparently it didn't sink in that I rate based on behavior and she behaved unprofessionally. She even claimed that I only rated low because she didn't sell. Yeah, she didn't read the rest of the haggle reviews or this review at all.

So far we're up to Amber....
  • Not telling me what she wanted
  • asking for more and more money for 2 plain, naked alts
  • stopped replying as soon as I asked how much she wanted for the alts
  • Mailed back over a week later to say she'd sell Whitepaw for the price I wanted even though the characters were "sentimental".
  • Replied back to her mail that the mail was "not for me" and sent "on accident"
  • Mailing me after 5 months to lie claiming that she didn't sell because I didn't offer enough. (After the "accidental" mail and never telling me how much she wanted in the first place)
  • Accusing me of rating badly just because she didn't sell (Uh, no.)
  • Not reading this review page at all, apparently.
If I ever deal with her again and her behavior improves, I'll change my rating. but for now I have to say she's almost on the same level as Sihu/Obsidian Diabala/Harpo/ect.
0/10 - May '10

I foolishly tried Amber again. This time she offered a $20 ferian for a $50 alt. I suggested a more fair deal of perhaps a kiwi and in return she'd get the alt and $30 worth of digos. The very day we were supposed to meet up for the trade she "got a better offer/alt".  Of course there were no new trades and the kiwi was still for sale in her sales thread, so it's obvious she is lying. I wish she'd stop lying to me.
2/10 - May '10

Edicius: Ashfall  NRP, !!
You'd think a simple naked alt would be easy to trade for, but not here. I offered some scales, paypal, or a reasonable name for this simple naked alt. I asked what they wanted but they kept beating around the bush as to what they wanted in a way that felt like they were trying to draw me into paying more and more. I eventually got a reply back after a long silence that an unfinished port was "not detailed" (wha? It's unfinished! Of course it's not detailed yet.) that hinted they wanted an expensive alt for their cheap naked one. Never did say what they really wanted...
3/10 - Jan '10

Chloroform digos
 Saw they were selling a life unicorn and offered a trade. After awhile of haggling and showing art they simply said "no thanks". Nothing unusual, just a pretty simple/professional trade.
6/10 - March '10

Random haggle for a werewolf! In the end I didn't have any lifers they were interested in, but there were no hard feelings. No bad attitude, very friendly and easy to work with. Very refreshing.
8/10 - May '10
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 03:25:28 PM by Amy Gotcha »

Offline Zim

Re: Amy's Book of Trades that did/not happen.
«Reply #3: January 24, 2010, 06:17:35 PM»
2) Your review list is NOT to be sorted by means of "Good/Bad". Please keep your list sorted in either alphabetical order, or in the order of which your trading experience happens.

ps: I am the one who sold you Hellspawn. :3 <3

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Offline Amy Gotcha

«Reply #4: January 24, 2010, 07:03:36 PM»
2) Your review list is NOT to be sorted by means of "Good/Bad". Please keep your list sorted in either alphabetical order, or in the order of which your trading experience happens.

ps: I am the one who sold you Hellspawn. :3 <3

They are in order by date; I just keep track of everyone who worked with me to any extent for my records. :) 

I feel that people should actually put thought into how they behave when haggling even if they decide against trading as Haggling is a large part of sales. As a consequence I decided to rate haggling stage as well as finished sales to reflect how others worked with me. As sales that stopped at haggling aren't really sales, I am rating them separately.

The key section is just so I don't have to put in the same phrases over and over again.

And I'll go update that! :) Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 07:11:46 PM by Amy Gotcha »

Offline Sheikah

«Reply #5: January 28, 2010, 03:43:11 AM»
BTW "Amber" is most definitely NOT "Harpo". This I know for a 100% fact. B)

Offline Amy Gotcha

«Reply #6: January 29, 2010, 06:57:35 PM»
BTW "Amber" is most definitely NOT "Harpo". This I know for a 100% fact. B)
That's good to know. ^.^ Either way, updates have been posted!

Offline Amy Gotcha

«Reply #7: March 08, 2010, 04:50:43 PM»
Added a few updates. May get back into trading soon! :)

Offline Amy Gotcha

«Reply #8: May 13, 2010, 03:27:17 PM»
Added a few new haggles and updates! :) Enjoy.

Offline Zim

«Reply #9: July 07, 2010, 10:25:46 PM»
I've already warned you about marking by good/bad. This includes colors, symbols and number ratings.

Locked.

I'm only mean out of necessity.

supersaver