supersaver

Author Topic: New Feature: ALT RATING!  (Read 2617 times)

Offline Narnia

New Feature: ALT RATING!
«: January 17, 2010, 10:22:28 AM»
You asked for it, you got it.

FAM now has an opt-in alt rating system. All alts currently in the database are excluded from being rated by default. However, you can edit your alt to add it to the rating fun!

Added into the navigation is the ability to view the 'top rated' alts (which gives you a list of all alts opted-in to rating sorted by highest rating). There is also a rate and random alt feature which will pull a random alt for rating from the database.

Let me know what you think! Hope you enjoy!
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Narnia

Re: New Feature: ALT RATING!
«Reply #1: January 20, 2010, 01:39:47 PM»
Three days after releasing this new feature, there are now over 1,000 alts available to rate on the site!

I hope you are enjoying this new feature and I hope there are many more alts to rate in the near future.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Narnia

«Reply #2: January 21, 2010, 07:18:34 PM»
I'd love to hear some feedback from users on this? You like, you hate it?

Offline Jearu

«Reply #3: January 21, 2010, 07:22:35 PM»
I like it! Yesterday I edited all my alts so that they are rateable. :3 I like that you have the random alt-rate thing, it's a fun thing to use when you're bored.. I've been using it all day.
Wanting life owl, woolie, rabben, and classics.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #4: January 21, 2010, 07:34:53 PM»
I'm not much of alt trader, but I find myself going through the random rate-an-alt page a lot too. I think its fun to see the alt names.

Offline Margaery

«Reply #5: January 21, 2010, 07:56:13 PM»
I think it's a little bit messy. I like rating alts and I like when people rate mine, but the boxes are kind of huge and when you go to rate someone it's like BAM. I think stars would b cool instead of blocks.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #6: January 21, 2010, 08:05:47 PM»
The blocks technically are stars. SMF changed the graphic when they released SMF2.0RC2. I'll try and pull the old star out of an old version and replace the image for you.

Better?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 08:10:14 PM by Narnia »

Offline Zim

«Reply #7: January 21, 2010, 09:32:00 PM»
Mm, classier.

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #8: January 22, 2010, 09:10:49 AM»
I like it! The only problems I can think of are.. the boxes and.. Do alts lose their rating if you take them off your list? Say I trade Poop for Crap and we both take PoopCrap off our lists, do Poop and Crap lose their 5 star rating and start all oveR?

Edit: O BOX R FIXD TY
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 09:12:42 AM by Zodiac »

Offline Narnia

«Reply #9: January 22, 2010, 09:40:11 AM»
Yes. They will lose their rating because alts are assigned a new ID when they are added to a new list.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #10: January 25, 2010, 03:01:52 PM»
9 days after launching the feature and we have over 2,000 alts up to be rated. That may seem like a lot, but it's only about 5% of the total number of alts listed on the site!

Vince

«Reply #11: January 25, 2010, 07:53:41 PM»
any way of resetting the ratings without having to re-add the alt for lazy people like myself?

Offline Narnia

«Reply #12: January 25, 2010, 08:45:25 PM»
No. Sorry.

Vince

«Reply #13: January 25, 2010, 08:48:03 PM»
D:

supersaver