supersaver

Author Topic: Warning: Mittens on FAM / also possibly Coon on FAM / Lonnie (?) on furc  (Read 4222 times)

Offline Jax

EDIT: Coon's current owner has spoken to Both, and Both claims to have traded their alt "Lonnie" for Coon. as far as we all know, the person in question IS still using the alt Lonnie. i will be whispering Lonnie if i can catch her online.

uh, i'm gonna make this as short as i can.
bolded the most important parts.

so, i owned the alt Coon
i put Coon up for sale
i made a port for Coon
my thread stated that the remap version of this port will be given to Coon's buyer UNUPLOADED

Mittens on Furc whispered me. she is the person in question, however Mittens is no longer her Furc contact and i don't know what alts she uses now.
she wanted to buy Coon, and offered me her alt Mittens (and other irrelevant stuff) for Coon
(Mittens is now mine. Coon was, to my knowledge, the only alt she used after this time)
as stated, i do not have any current Furc contacts for this chick. i WILL post any i find because that is the most important piece of info i need here in order to throw a warning up about her.

so while discussing this trade, a small problem arises.
i had an untransferable space on Coon that i was going to give to Meeka because i owed her a space.
our person in question really didn't want to wait for the transfer date to obtain Coon, and i understood so i went ahead and agreed to trade, HOWEVER...
BEFORE i agreed, i made sure she knew this space was to be given back to me or gifted straight to Meeka. she promised she would give it back.

we traded, and shortly after we did so, she whispered me saying how much she loooved the port i did and how she wanted to upload it so f'n bad etc etc etc.
she even went on to ask me if i could give her a space or 5 GD. i said no.
Coon disappeared, and i still haven't gotten my space.

ok.

so, Coon finally comes online today. i whisper her to ask about the space.
Coon has a new owner. ok, wtf?
Coon's new owner and i talk about how this might have happened, and i believe it comes down to this:
i think Coon was traded to Both on FAM by Person in Question.
Coon's current owner sent them an offline message and we are still waiting on some information. so, hopefully Both can tell us who Person in Question actually IS now
our Person in Question either used the space she owed me to upload Coon's port, OR
gave the remap version to Both on FAM, who uploaded it and then sold/gave it (idk) to their friend, who is Coon's current owner and also the person i spoke to today.

so, either way, this girl was untruthful and still owes me a space and i plan on getting in touch with her. lucky for me, i have her e-mail. she gave it me so i could send her Coon's stuff after i sold it to her. i don't know if i can post that information here, or if it would even help. i searched it on FAM. no results. so, i doubt it'll be of any use. if it is, lemme know. i will post it if i'm allowed.

yes, it's my own fault for trusting her with it. yes, it's just a port space. but for somebody else, next time it could be something worth a lot more.

she is "Mittens" here on FAM and also "Coon" on FAM as well. the user Mittens has been inactive for quite some time, so i don't know if the alts she has listed are still in her posession.
edit: also, as Gin said below, those accounts are currently frozen (since you can't have multiple accounts on here mk) but if she decides to rejoin FAM and i'm able to find an active account of hers, i will be posting it up here.
according to Both, Lonnie should be her current Furc contact.

i did e-mail [email protected]
once i hear from Both or Coon, i'll be posting updates.
if anyone else has been involved with this person or knows how they can be contacted, throw it on in here.

and yea. :I that's it i think.

edit: i've emailed her. will post updates asap.
edit: edited some info. Coon and Mittens on FAM are both her. both accounts are frozen, etcetcetc see above or gin's post below for more info.
edit: added her POSSIBLE furc contact.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 03:11:16 PM by Jax »

Gin

Coon and Mittens are both accounts on FAM that are used by the same person. The accounts are currently frozen though since it's against FAM's policy to have multiple accounts.

Offline Jax

Coon and Mittens are both accounts on FAM that are used by the same person. The accounts are currently frozen though since it's against FAM's policy to have multiple accounts.

yep, i thought so, since it was created shortly after i sold Coon to her. thank you for the info.
i'm throwing those updates up here now, but one question -- will she be noted about the multiple accounts and be able to redeem one of them and / or create another?
just so she doesn't try and pull this ish again, i hope to have an active account of hers listed here if she decides to come back. >__o

Offline Michelle

i'm not sure if it's just me, but after reading that, i kind of jumped to the conclusion that this new owner (Both) is the same owner as before (Mittens #1). i don't see why the new owner of Coon would upload this "amazing" portrait and then quickly give away the character. looks a bit fishy to me.
how do you /know/ these are two different people? sounds to me like she may be pulling the wool over your eyes.

also, how much time elapsed between the new owner receiving coon and the sudden "new owner" of coon? either i missed it (twice) or it's not stated.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 08:43:44 AM by Michelle »
>>> alts for sale HERE.

Offline Jax

i'm not sure if it's just me, but after reading that, i kind of jumped to the conclusion that this new owner (Both) is the same owner as before (Mittens #1). i don't see why the new owner of Coon would upload this "amazing" portrait and then quickly give away the character. looks a bit fishy to me.
how do you /know/ these are two different people? sounds to me like she may be pulling the wool over your eyes.

also, how much time elapsed between the new owner receiving coon and the sudden "new owner" of coon? either i missed it (twice) or it's not stated.

you know, i didn't even think about Both being the same person. i suppose an IP check could tell us that though?

i've looked through Both's FAM posts and although this can be misleading, their grammar is actually fairly better than the person I sold Coon to. but like i said, that could easily be misleading -- it's the only difference i myself can see between Both and Mittens, especially since i haven't actually spoken to Both personally.

i have no idea how much time elapsed between the new owner receiving Coon but i can take a guess: when i spoke to Coon's new owner, she said she's owned Coon since October. i sold Coon in mid - end September (i don't have exact dates apparently)
so i'm guessing, either way, if Both is Mittens #1 or not, she was sold off quickly regardless.

but yea, now that you mention it, Both could be Mittens #1 / person in question. i PMed them and still haven't received a response, but they haven't read the message yet either.

Offline Michelle

and just as support to my idea, my grammar/intelligence kind of varies from day to day, and sometimes depends on what kind of discussion i'm having. if its srs, i talk srs. but as you can see here, i'm pretty lax with what i'm writing. idk, only an ip will tell :B

i'd say keep your mind open for it, because honestly.... i don't see why they'd sell coon within a month of receiving it unless they're retarded or have severe a.d.d when it comes to alts. coon sounds like a qt#SO name. n___n
well, i'm not really sure if cironir or other important-furc-peoples will trace the ip addresses under these circumstances, but i wish you best of luck in the return of your portspace. i'm quite cheap, and i'd be infuriated over losing a space, lol. sorry if this post seemed somewhat meaningless, i'm just trying to help.
>>> alts for sale HERE.

Offline Jax

i dunno if ciro or anyone else will myself, so i'm kind of not leaning towards prodding him about it. o__< but, either way, seeing this may be my best bet here, i've checked with Gin and she said Both and Mittens/Coon here on FAM have different IPs.

and no, your post wasn't meaningless, we're on the right track i think. P: and i absolutely appreciate your help. <3

Offline Jax

Coon's current owner contacted me today saying she has spoken to Both, and Both claims to have traded their alt Lonnie for Coon. as far as she knows, the person in question is still using the alt Lonnie, so that may be her current furc contact.

added that info to my first post.

Offline Dioxide

Technically, when you sell a character, regardless of what is on it would be sole property of the person who purchased it. You should have added in an additional 10 dollars/GDs to the alt price of Coon. That is just my suggestion on something like this. Because even in furc it states that when you trade a digo item, you loose all rights to it. The alt though, could be redeemed. The space, possibly not because it was in fact a digo item. I would have told her/him that they either wait until you could have traded/gifted the port space. Or tacked on x amount of dollars/gds to make up for the price of the port.

Offline Jax

Technically, when you sell a character, regardless of what is on it would be sole property of the person who purchased it. You should have added in an additional 10 dollars/GDs to the alt price of Coon. That is just my suggestion on something like this. Because even in furc it states that when you trade a digo item, you loose all rights to it. The alt though, could be redeemed. The space, possibly not because it was in fact a digo item. I would have told her/him that they either wait until you could have traded/gifted the port space. Or tacked on x amount of dollars/gds to make up for the price of the port.

understandable, yes, however (i know "agreements" cannot be enforced by the guardians) BUT we did speak about the port as i said, and she promised promised promised PROMISED to gift it to myself or straight to Meeka, since i owed it to her. she seemed like a sweet girl so i wtfever'd the situation so the problem was my own stupidity, but still, an agreement is an agreement and although the guardians cannot do anything about it, she still is an unreliable trader and a liar as well.
i dont want the alt, i wanted the space she said she'd give back to me. she had no money, which is the reason why we traded alts instead. i asked her to wait until the space was trans, and i could give it back to meeka BEFORE giving Coon to her, and she was so excited about getting her and said she really didn't want to wait. so, i gave in and she ran off with the space.

i only posted this thread to serve as a warning; there probably isnt anything i or anyone else can do about it but still it should be known that she isn't one i would recommend to make any sort of deal with. i also posted this to get her current contact information so i myself can contact her and so nobody else will get themselves into a similar mess with this girl.

Offline Jax

i came online today to see Lonnie was online, and she logged out literally a minute after i got on furc. so, i'm assuming she's avoiding me. if anybody else could contact her and confront her about this i would appreciate it. :/ i'm still trying, but i'll probably have no luck if she IS avoiding me.

Offline Meagan

They are trying to sell Lonnie here:

http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=28454.0

If thats any help ><..

Offline Jax

They are trying to sell Lonnie here:

http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=28454.0

If thats any help ><..

thank you -- actually it is a huge help, seeing i really had no other way to contact her besides Lonnie.

Offline LSD

you should have added the extra five to the price, or waited the one week it takes for spaces to become transferrable and transfer it before trading. if you bought it then they might return it, but it just seems like a poor judgement call on your part.
alts in thread, quitting

Offline Meagan

I am glad to have been able to help you out on this case. ^^

Offline Jax

you should have added the extra five to the price, or waited the one week it takes for spaces to become transferrable and transfer it before trading. if you bought it then they might return it, but it just seems like a poor judgement call on your part.

iknowiknowiknow, and i said this above. it was my own stupidity. but the fact that she wasn't reliable enough to return the space as she promised is the reason i posted this (besides finding contact info). it's merely a warning that she is untrustworthy with these kind of things.

i did ask that she wait, i did ask if she had an extra five and she claimed she was completely broke and absolutely couldn't wait. i felt bad, and i went ahead and trusted her. it's just a space, but as i've said, if she decides to pull this again it could be something worth a lot more.

also, i replied to the thread that Keos posted above, saying that she should come and post here seeing her alt Lonnie is involved. i find it a little suspicious that she's bumped her thread every single day and now she's been inactive since i've posted. :I

could i request that one of the mods do an IP check? i know Mittens/Coon on FAM are both her, but is Caz?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 12:20:02 PM by Jax »

Offline LSD

iknowiknowiknow, and i said this above. it was my own stupidity. but the fact that she wasn't reliable enough to return the space as she promised is the reason i posted this (besides finding contact info). it's merely a warning that she is untrustworthy with these kind of things.

i did ask that she wait, i did ask if she had an extra five and she claimed she was completely broke and absolutely couldn't wait. i felt bad, and i went ahead and trusted her. it's just a space, but as i've said, if she decides to pull this again it could be something worth a lot more.

also, i replied to the thread that Keos posted above, saying that she should come and post here seeing her alt Lonnie is involved. i find it a little suspicious that she's bumped her thread every single day and now she's been inactive since i've posted. :I

could i request that one of the mods do an IP check? i know Mittens/Coon on FAM are both her, but is Caz?

it's a good thing we have a rating system now.. hopefully people utilize it well
alts in thread, quitting

Offline Jax

it's a good thing we have a rating system now.. hopefully people utilize it well

abbbbbsolutely. i -was- going to give this Caz person a bad review but seeing i can't be entirely sure it's her until i can get an IP check from a mod, i'll hold back on that until then. u_u

Offline Caz

This is a pickle, not entirely sure whats going on but I can't remember who I got Lonnie from but I never owned Coon or Mittens although someone did whisper me about knowing a 'Mittens' the other day and I don't know one. Unfortunately I delete all my logs regularly and can't honestly remember who traded me Lonnie. All I can seem to give you is my word that I'm not the sort of person this 'Mittens' person is and if I can help I'll try.Sorry for the late reply the cheap wireless has been playing up and I had alot to do over the last few days, hospital stuff,school, horses etc. I definitely am not Coon or Mittens or whoever.

EDIT:: Nope I got no logs on it or screenshots sorry D:, grr I really wish I could help you out...I..might have got Lonnie from a 'Mittens' but I really have no idea. Again sorry for the late reply, timing is all bad xD. The day you sent me the reply Furcadia just wouldn't load so there was no point bumping the thread and then from the next day I have been on this thing called "Study Report" (because I am stupid and have a bad memory -_-) which means I don't get any time to come onto the computer after school and then I had to go see a friend abouta dog and then I was looking after a friends horse and...yesterday..I was on but didn't come on FAM from memory because I was only on Furcadia for like 10 minutes due to stupid study report. So thats why xD. Honestly if I can help you out in anyway I'll try, if you try and contact me before the 22nd (thats ages away I know xD) I have an operation that day :D
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 12:47:22 PM by Caz »
CONTACT ME ONLINE ON CAZ OR MESSAGE ME ONLY!
http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=47963.msg600826#msg600826

Offline Jax

This is a pickle, not entirely sure whats going on but I can't remember who I got Lonnie from but I never owned Coon or Mittens although someone did whisper me about knowing a 'Mittens' the other day and I don't know one. Unfortunately I delete all my logs regularly and can't honestly remember who traded me Lonnie. All I can seem to give you is my word that I'm not the sort of person this 'Mittens' person is and if I can help I'll try.Sorry for the late reply the cheap wireless has been playing up and I had alot to do over the last few days, hospital stuff,school, horses etc. I definitely am not Coon or Mittens or whoever.

EDIT:: Nope I got no logs on it or screenshots sorry D:, grr I really wish I could help you out...I..might have got Lonnie from a 'Mittens' but I really have no idea. Again sorry for the late reply, timing is all bad xD. The day you sent me the reply Furcadia just wouldn't load so there was no point bumping the thread and then from the next day I have been on this thing called "Study Report" (because I am stupid and have a bad memory -_-) which means I don't get any time to come onto the computer after school and then I had to go see a friend abouta dog and then I was looking after a friends horse and...yesterday..I was on but didn't come on FAM from memory because I was only on Furcadia for like 10 minutes due to stupid study report. So thats why xD. Honestly if I can help you out in anyway I'll try, if you try and contact me before the 22nd (thats ages away I know xD) I have an operation that day :D

thank you for replying.
idk, i'm confused.

no, you didn't get Lonnie from Mittens. i own Mittens and the person who i got her from is the thief.
so, this does have missing pieces of course, but i believe it went around like this:
1. i traded Coon to Mittens / person in question. she gave me Mittens and owed me a port space that was on Coon that she promisedddd to give back. this happened in mid-September.
2. Both traded their alt Lonnie for Coon, so i'm guessing Coon came from the person in question if you ARE being truthful and never actually owned Coon.
3. you posted Lonnie on your thread on Oct. 30. so, our person in question must have traded Lonnie to you shortly after getting her.
4. Both traded Coon to Coon's current owner.

i'll be speaking to Coon and Both to figure this out. this is probably all wrong, but idk.

Offline Caz

ok I..mostly get it now xD I don't think I got her from a Coon but then again I have the memory of a goldfish, half the time I can't remember what time school ends at xD
I think if I had the alt Coon I would probably have it up on FAM somewherexD
Woah paranoid now *checks* no I definitely do not have it xD Um heres a screenshot of my character selection with the characters names in alphabetical order, if that helps at all xD http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh214/Caz-wolf/charlist.jpg

Offline Jax

ok I..mostly get it now xD I don't think I got her from a Coon but then again I have the memory of a goldfish, half the time I can't remember what time school ends at xD
I think if I had the alt Coon I would probably have it up on FAM somewherexD
Woah paranoid now *checks* no I definitely do not have it xD Um heres a screenshot of my character selection with the characters names in alphabetical order, if that helps at all xD http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh214/Caz-wolf/charlist.jpg

no, i dont think you understand. Coon is no longer owned by the person who took my portspace. I traded Coon TO HER with the port, and she went and traded it off and owned this alt and sold that alt and blahblah, i'm just trying to figure out what alt she's using NOW. she seems to be tossing alts around like tacos.

i just need you to remember who you got Lonnie from. that may help lots.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 04:39:17 PM by Jax »

Offline Caz

oohhh ok um I can ask and see if I told anybody who I got Lonnie from but I have no idea I'm afraid and like I say I have the memory of a goldfish to be honest emmm it was possibly quite a long name like 5 letters + or it might have actually been they got in contact with me on Lonnie hmm...

Offline Anderson

I think i know which alt she's using now. I saw Mittens on FAM has the same alt as 'Mittensfox' of FAM. Contacts would be either Sameri or Regression. I hope this helps
In-game contacts: Jefferson, Guitar, Anderson.

Offline Jax

I think i know which alt she's using now. I saw Mittens on FAM has the same alt as 'Mittensfox' of FAM. Contacts would be either Sameri or Regression. I hope this helps

i saw Mittensfox as well, though i'm not sure if it's the same person. i will try to contact Sameri or Regression and see if i can get some information. thank you.