supersaver

Author Topic: bribe?  (Read 1695 times)

Offline Bribe

bribe?
«: November 09, 2009, 02:08:37 PM»
I got on just a few minutes ago, doing my normal runaround of WolvesMoonHeaven, and before I could log on, it said the password didnt match.

As dumb as this sounds, I didn't change the email or password; I could have swore I did, but when I checked under My Characters it still had the same password.

That said, I was starting to aim my attention toward the person who I bought it from, but it was a while ago and it was through Furcadia, not FAM. Hoping if you know who owned it you can let me know (Whisper Fracture, shes a close friend) so I can see if they know anything about it.

Also, I was just on last night around 9EST, so she was most likely just stolen today. ):

Again, though I was pretty stupid with not changing anything, I'm still hoping there's some luck in getting her back? She's my main and I miss her):

Thanks in advance for any tipssss

NOTE: I bought her around a month and a half/two months ago I believe, if that helps any. Im checking around threads to see if i see any names that seem familiar.

PS: Bought it from Topaz. It was on September 7th, 2009. I have whisper logsssss but I'll post once i get permission.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 02:24:29 PM by Bribe »

Offline Norma

Re: bribe?
«Reply #1: November 09, 2009, 02:31:10 PM»
Being that I'm good friends with you and know my shit, lol, I'll put my own two-sense into this. You've had Bribe for what, 2 months now? For some reason I don't believe it was the previous owner stealing the alt back - because wouldn't they of done it before now? Then again, who knows. Maybe they were just unaware that you didn't change the password. I know you re-made Lonestar and I gave you Stunk..and I know both their passwords are different and pretty much impossible to guess unless you happen to bang your fingers off the keyboard EXACT. So yea, impossible. with that said, I was off furcadia for a good four months until now with irl issues, and I really don't know to much about the recent hack that happened to DEP. If someone could elaborate for us both quickly that would be much apprechiated! Anyways, to get to my point - Being that three of your alts are missing, and they all have different passwords..it sure seems like a hack to me. Once again, this is simply my opinion on the situation.

EDIT: Nvm, Bribe said she got Lonestar & Stunk back; she had to remake them. But how on earth would they expire if she was just on them last week?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 02:34:48 PM by Adrienne »

Offline Narnia

«Reply #2: November 09, 2009, 02:33:05 PM»
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 02:36:33 PM by Narnia »
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Bribe

«Reply #3: November 09, 2009, 02:39:25 PM»
http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=2734.0

i saw that, but it doesnt really help. i dont know the email so i dont know if pw changes were accepted or not. ): and no one knows the pw except for me and the person i bought it from.

Offline Norma

«Reply #4: November 09, 2009, 02:53:55 PM»

i saw that, but it doesnt really help. i dont know the email so i dont know if pw changes were accepted or not. ): and no one knows the pw except for me and the person i bought it from.
Then yea, I'd the say original owner must've found out you never changed the password and saw it as an opportunity to steal it back.

Offline Bribe

«Reply #5: November 09, 2009, 02:57:23 PM»

Then yea, I'd the say original owner must've found out you never changed the password and saw it as an opportunity to steal it back.

maybe, but i dont want to pin all the blame on the owner before yet. someone may have known it before when s/he owned it. idk i just want to find out who owned it so i can ask about it.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #6: November 09, 2009, 05:34:53 PM»
If you didn't change the e-mail address and password when you got the alt, then there is nothing than can be done for you. Learn from your mistakes and move on.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline alice

«Reply #7: November 09, 2009, 10:34:46 PM»
If you didn't change the e-mail address and password when you got the alt, then there is nothing than can be done for you. Learn from your mistakes and move on.

:s

i still think some people should still be on the look out for the alt. its not the responsibility of the community, but its still nice, especially when there is nothing the guardians will do because it was a stupid mistake.

Offline Cironir

«Reply #8: November 10, 2009, 07:49:26 AM»
Well, Narnia is correct, and I don't mean that in a harsh way. If you don't change the email address and the password, and you only have used the alt for two months, your claim to the character is weak.

However, I'll consider this an ownership dispute, so I froze the character until this has been setttled -- not by me, but by you. You may wish to discuss this matter with Akarui|Kurai. Once a solution has been found, please contact us at [email protected]

Offline reallygreatcookies

«Reply #9: November 10, 2009, 09:21:11 AM»
deleted cuz i fail at reading :/
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 09:24:47 AM by Cemetery »

Offline Bribe

«Reply #10: November 10, 2009, 02:23:24 PM»
IMPROVEMENT: found out who i bought it from; Topaz. I have whisper logs (idk is s/he's trigger or not) On September 7th, 2009. If I get the approval to show them I will, showing that I bought her fair and square, which I don't see a problem in getting that.

Offline Bribe

«Reply #11: November 10, 2009, 02:49:55 PM»
Note:

Cironir, he can have the alt back. There wouldn't really be a point in finding those who the alt was with during the time I had it to when Bribe had it., it'd take to long and it'd get annoying. Lol. I told him he can have it back through whisper so..

thanks Aka.

Offline Gengar

«Reply #12: November 10, 2009, 05:59:22 PM»
no, I'm not Trigger/Teddy. I sold the alt Bribe, although I don't remember to who.. apparently you, I guess. I never touched the alt since then. right after I sell an alt and get my payment, I delete the INI from my computer. I used to put a warning in my selling thread for this, so if people lost their password to the alt after I sold it to them, I couldn't help them, because I would no longer have the INI in my computer.
if you're getting the alt back, good. but I'm just saying I didn't have anything to do with this. its possible it expired and someone remade it. I'm not sure on the complete details. regardless, I hope this gets solved.
EDIT: oh, and you're free to use our whisper logs if you want.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 06:05:42 PM by Meli »
SELLING FORMER NFT/DNBS
BUNCH OF LIFERS FOR SALE
Discord Group / DM, Tumblr @ dvoyd, PM

Offline Bribe

«Reply #13: November 10, 2009, 06:03:34 PM»
no, I'm not Trigger/Teddy. I sold the alt Bribe, although I don't remember to who.. apparently you, I guess. I never touched the alt since then. right after I sell an alt and get my payment, I delete the INI from my computer. I used to put a warning in my selling thread for this, so if people lost their password to the alt after I sold it to them, I couldn't help them, because I would no longer have the INI in my computer.
if you're getting the alt back, good. but I'm just saying I didn't have anything to do with this. its possible it expired and someone remade it. I'm not sure on the complete details. regardless, I hope this gets solved.

I figured you were not the cause of it, but I wanted to know who I bought it from regardless just for reference for now and in later use if something like this comes up. And thanks :]

Offline Gengar

«Reply #14: November 10, 2009, 06:06:31 PM»

I figured you were not the cause of it, but I wanted to know who I bought it from regardless just for reference for now and in later use if something like this comes up. And thanks :]

feel free to use the whisper logs of our transaction if you like. jsyk.
SELLING FORMER NFT/DNBS
BUNCH OF LIFERS FOR SALE
Discord Group / DM, Tumblr @ dvoyd, PM

Offline Bribe

«Reply #15: November 10, 2009, 06:07:29 PM»
haha thanks. i dont think i really need them now though. <33

supersaver