supersaver

Author Topic: You know  (Read 1374 times)

Gage

• Topic Author
You know
«: November 04, 2009, 02:05:59 AM»
I wish everyone could feel like this.
I remember a year or more ago I would've been a stingy bastard about giving away money on this game, my alts were so important to me.

And then, I dont even know what happened.
these past months, I've been giving out large gifts, dropping my alts way below what I paid, selling ones I thought I'd keep forever.

And I know most of you, know how it feels when you sell something that is "important" to you .. you're just kinda like "hey, I miss that. I will"

but I don't. I don't feel wierd when I give my friends nice gifts.
I have seriously, just.. completely changed my mindset lately.

and I feel free. I don't feel .. I don't even know how to describe it really.

It's just nice to know, I can be a better person this way.
Like, I sold my IRL name today. 100$ (I only paid life primes, so its fair)
And a friend was like "but it should be more.. it's your real name"
I used to be like that and it's sad to me now. Why should I jack it?
I want to be gone, I want it sold. It feels so nice.

I don't know if this goes here, but I was hoping someone else or others could agree with me, if they know how this feels.

and for everyone else, I hope you can someday too when you're ready to quit. It's a really nice feeling. :P

Offline ___

Re: You know
«Reply #1: November 04, 2009, 02:13:45 AM»
remember,

no animal's life if worth any human's life.

Electric Guitar

• Topic Author
«Reply #2: November 04, 2009, 07:39:39 AM»
Felt the same way when I quit neopets. I worked endlessly for a draik and never got one. When I quit I felt very free.

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #3: November 04, 2009, 09:38:43 AM»
Its good to go through changes like that, where you end up feeling better

Random

• Topic Author
«Reply #4: November 04, 2009, 12:20:02 PM»
I agree, it is a good feeling. I did the same with a good chunk already!

Just kind of sucks when people get annoyed and expect you to give them free items after you do the same to someone else. xP

Offline Fallon

«Reply #5: November 05, 2009, 09:14:09 PM»
I completely know how you feel.

Recently I sold my most dearest and oldest alts that I thought I would never sell but after doing so...I felt good about it. Not only that but I have also been donating money to friends for portspaces or port commissions, even ferians or wings.

Offline l a p i s

«Reply #6: November 12, 2009, 03:27:07 PM»
I sold, returned, and gave away some of the best alts I ever owned when I quit awhile back-- Sold most for a generally reasonable price or a slashed price, returned loads of gifts/shared alts and gave the others to pretty much anyone who had a spark of interest in them. Aj, Firefly, Chase, Mutt, Allison, Techno, Plaid, and several others being a few examples of a few that I once had before they found themselves in their current homes.
My most memorable experience was a time when I bought a ported alt off someone who was quitting, then found out a few months later than it was a particular alt that was stolen from an old friend. I shared it more than willingly with her for awhile, then told myself it would be better if I just returned it to her instead-- Did, and felt wonderful for quite awhile.

I had karma return to me a bit after I rejoined Furc, when a random stranger overheard me wanting to save up for a life bat far before they were ever going to be released, and gifted me a random, yet hefty amount of GDs which I bought that bat with. His request? To simply do the same to others, even if it was small. That same day, he bought quite a few months of Group Package for Redwood Ravine as well. I swear that to this day, I -never- saw him again.

A little generosity and charity goes a long way.

anonymous

• Topic Author
«Reply #7: November 13, 2009, 11:27:34 AM»
Sold Feuer who I'd keep forever for only a $25.

Trying to sell my main alt I've had for the past 4 years.

I just kind of dropped this game like a sack of potatos, but it feels good to not have to be "burdened," by it.  Did the same thing with deviantart, just closed everything and deleted all my submissions. Left without a trace.

My mindset is usually like that, though.  I just don't care, and I rarely sell things at high prices. Sold my DSi for only 115 and a practically new version of Pokemon Platinum for 20. I just don't hold value to many things, I guess, which is a very great lifestyle imo.

I'm attached to my pets, friends, and computer.. that's about it.  I actually have a better time being outdoors than online, anyway.

Offline Ook

«Reply #8: November 30, 2009, 05:03:32 PM»

I had karma return to me a bit after I rejoined Furc, when a random stranger overheard me wanting to save up for a life bat far before they were ever going to be released, and gifted me a random, yet hefty amount of GDs which I bought that bat with. His request? To simply do the same to others, even if it was small. That same day, he bought quite a few months of Group Package for Redwood Ravine as well. I swear that to this day, I -never- saw him again.
A little generosity and charity goes a long way.

I have a feeling the same guy gifted me with the means to get a Pair of Life Triwings... was he blue and wore a Wolven, by any chance?

Offline Emilee

«Reply #9: December 01, 2009, 11:01:04 AM»
I agree. :)
Recently I sold all of my lifers as cheap as I possibly could while still getting something back, sold my alts-- and am left with my last ported and my most cherished. I paid $65 for her, and am selling her for $20 now.
And-- I really don't feel bad about it. I mean, I know someone will take care of her in the end.
Not only that, but my irritated attitude towards Furcadia in general has made the parting lots and lots easier.
I just like to know someone's getting enjoyment out of something that used to make me feel the same. No sense in having it sit around collecting dust, ne? Even if that's just cyber dust. xD
Furcadia: Morticia
Second Life: Morticia Blackheart

Offline Altria

«Reply #10: December 01, 2009, 02:25:30 PM»
It's good to change one's mindset and be more generous. I used to be the same way with alts, I never wanted to sell them off or let them go for less than I thought they were worth. I just sold one of my most beloved names for $50 PP and I don't feel bad about it, I'm glad it's going to a good home. I have the vast majority of my once NFT alts up for sale now since I barely have the time to be on this game anymore, and I'd like them to go to someone who will use them.

I didn't have such a good experience with gifting scales/digos to people, however. People were never grateful and always begging me for more, so now there's about 2 people I'm willing to actually give stuff to outright.

And wow @ the guy who gifted people with lifers and scales. That was really nice of him!