supersaver

Author Topic: PETA?  (Read 6306 times)

Electric Guitar

• Topic Author
Re: PETA?
«Reply #50: October 18, 2009, 12:14:03 AM»
Force feed them meat. See how they like it. From what I've heard, they've actually tried to force feed vegetables to carnivores like tigers. Flaming idiots.

Offline alice

«Reply #51: October 18, 2009, 12:59:57 AM»
I don't see what the difference is when a human slits an animals throat in a slaughterhouse and an animal kills its prey by choking it to death/jugular attack/dragging it into the water and drowning it/etc.

it really doesnt make us any different than wild animals.. but we use weapons, so were bad ::)

Offline Masha

«Reply #52: October 18, 2009, 02:05:49 AM»
We provide a quick death... We're so bad..............

as opposed to the minutes it takes a lion's bite on the neck and nose to suffocate a wildebeast, stacked to the potential half hour of even dragging and exhausting the thing to even get to that point. Or the minutes it takes a boa to constrict and kill a mouse. Orthe slow death of a spider's or snake's poison. The week it takes a komodo dragon's bacterial bite to eventually kill a deer via infection.

we're fucking bastards.

Offline Mychelle

«Reply #53: October 19, 2009, 06:02:49 PM»
I honestly do not even know what to think of PETA. They are beyond insane to me.

But as far as I go, I love animals. But I sure as hell order my steak rare. heh.

Wuss.

Mine is still moving when I bite into it.

Well if they'd LET me order it like that....lol
Im letting my alts rot. So dont ask.

Offline Hugo

«Reply #54: October 21, 2009, 09:07:35 PM»
WHAT ARE YOU ASSHOLES DOING YOU'RE DESTROYING EARTH YOU INSOLENT CHILDREN

Offline hamlet

«Reply #55: November 02, 2009, 08:22:25 PM»
haha, i have a lot of issues with peta, none of them being "common" ones, such as the one's you've listed op.

and i'm not reading any reply in this thread because i know i'll be set off by all you wannabe intellectuals. plus most of you guys are fucking fat. :-\

eating animals/using them for our benefit is selfish and wrong. anyone who thinks taking a life so you can shit it out of your ass is fucking retarded, which probably entails the entirety of this thread.

my issue with peta lies with how hypocritical they are. example: when steve irwin died, they celebrated it saying he irritated the animals and deliberately poked at them for the sake of entertainment.

also, most of their donations go towards new cow costumes or other useless things when they could be donating the money to animal shelters. not to say they can't keep some or even half for themselves to do as they please, but it's a little ass backwards when it could help an animal on death row.

last, they're against owning animals but ingrid has a book regarding how to train your dog.

they're flawed, but have good intentions. they remind me of a little kid? i can't get behind an organization like that. sea shepherd's where it's at.

Electric Guitar

• Topic Author
«Reply #56: November 02, 2009, 09:17:01 PM»
I watch whale wars too. I love those guys.

I don't agree with opinion on eating meat though. We're omnivores. We were made to eat both meat and vegetables. Why is it wrong to survive by doing just that? Is wrong when a carnivore does it? Eating meat or just vegetables is a choice and neither should be forced on the other. No one likes the thought of an animal dieing, (unless they're just sick fucks), but the hard fact of life is that eventually all things die. Even if every human being on this planet were to convert to eating just vegetables we would have some major problems. One, we wouldn't be able to adequately support our nutritional needs on vegetables alone.  Two, it's just a speculation, but I don't think there where would be enough vegetation to support  us and herbivorous animals. It would cause major deforestation, competition, and drastic life style changes.

I guess take it for what it's worth. Didn't seem like you were interested in feedback anyway. :)

Matti

• Topic Author
«Reply #57: November 02, 2009, 09:38:38 PM»
PETA can be summed up in two words.

Extremist Hypocrites.

Offline Jearu

«Reply #58: November 02, 2009, 09:52:37 PM»
Regarding the comments of "we're animals too, it's no different" and "We provide quick death":

Animals go out and hunt down their meal and only eat what the need to, the rest is left and another animal comes along a finishes it off. Humans FARM animals specifically for slaughtering, and that's wrong. Some of those animals don't get to live near a year before being slice up and packaged for your convenience. Like I said earlier, I see nothing wrong with going out and hunting an animal for your own meals (Not for laughs and giggles and a 'trophy' on your wall), at least you'd be working for your meal.
Wanting life owl, woolie, rabben, and classics.

Offline Masha

«Reply #59: November 02, 2009, 11:02:20 PM»
So that job I work to earn money... for that meat.

Man, I'm not working for my meal at all.

Offline Demi

«Reply #60: November 02, 2009, 11:56:04 PM»
Pets are freeloading roommates that require care.
I rarely log in. Only contact me if serious about purchasing my stuff.
Discord handle: Demi#5860
My Deviantart
FurAffinity

Offline Jearu

«Reply #61: November 03, 2009, 09:53:50 AM»

Unless you work at a slaughter house or a butcher shop, I'd hardly call it working for your meal. You do not kill, skin, chop/slice that meat and then get rid of remains.. whether it's to burn 'em or turn the pelt into a new rug. Anyone can walk into a grocery and pick out a pound of flesh to throw on the stove.
Wanting life owl, woolie, rabben, and classics.

Black Rain

• Topic Author
«Reply #62: November 03, 2009, 05:05:52 PM»
Humans FARM animals specifically for slaughtering, and that's wrong. Some of those animals don't get to live near a year before being slice up and packaged for your convenience.

If we don't farm animals to kill for our food, then, humans will go out every animal they can just to get food. And that, will cause all kind of animals to go extinct. Especially since the human population currently is so large. The first thing that will go is the cows and the chickens and the pigs. After that, deer and buffalo and all kinds of other animals. Pretty soon after that, already endangered animals will go. And the animals won't be able to breed fast enough just to keep up.

Think about that before you say it's wrong to farm animals for killing.

Offline Masha

«Reply #63: November 03, 2009, 07:49:20 PM»

Unless you work at a slaughter house or a butcher shop, I'd hardly call it working for your meal. You do not kill, skin, chop/slice that meat and then get rid of remains.. whether it's to burn 'em or turn the pelt into a new rug. Anyone can walk into a grocery and pick out a pound of flesh to throw on the stove.

Do you even READ what you WRITE?

No? That explains the total dumbfuckery of your posts.

I work six to nine hours a day, serving ungrateful fucktwats, preparing meals, cleaning, bla fucking bla. I work. I work hard for my money.

How the FUCK can you say, "Oh, you didn't kill it yourself, TOTALLY NOT WORKING FOR THAT MEAT!". If you want EVERYONE to go out and hunt their own fucking meat, who the hell is going to do the rest of the jobs? Do you even know how long it can take to track an animal down in order to kill it? How unlikely it is you'll even kill it, even if you use a gun?

So, here, an example. Dad's gone out every deer hunting season, twelve hours a day, for the full two weeks. We live in an area with such high deer populations, you have herds of ten-twenty freely roaming in not-so-quiet neighborhoods. Yet he's only bagged two deer, in a dozen years. With such high populations, and yet so low success rates, how the fuck will people support themselves having to go out, hunt the deer/game down, on top of severe competition with other people along with MUCH lower populations (because you want eeeeeveryone to hunt their own meat!!!1), on top of having to work how fucking long each day to get money to just BARELY pay fucking bills?

Oh, and what if my dad hunts the deer, but I happen to partake in his kill? OH MAN I DIDN'T WORK FOR THAT. I GOTTA GO HUNT MY OWN!!

Seriously. What the fuck are you smoking? Did you even put a single moment of thought into what you wrote? Or do you just spew shit out, willy nilly? You're ridiculous.

Oh, and, hey. So should we stop farming plants, too? I mean, farming animals and not letting them live past a year is so wrong, why should we cultivate plants and only let them live a few weeks/months before we murder them, too, for our food? We should have to gather it, like the cavemen did! It'll give the plants a fair chance at life, and give us the work of hunting them down, to make it fair!!!

Offline Ilsa

«Reply #64: November 03, 2009, 08:00:14 PM»
Humans have built a society revolves partially around trading work for vouchers, which can then be traded for other valuables.

These vouchers are called money.

Farmers trade their meat to people who pay them. Those farmers then pay the people who they owe money to for their land and for things they need to survive, such as the water pumping service, electricity, etc.

The people who buy meat from the farmers sell it to consumers. Those companies use that money to pay their rent, their bills, etc. They also use that money to pay the people who work for their stores.

Those workers in turn use that money to pay their bills and fulfill their living needs, such as buying that meat.

Do I need to make a flowchart?

Cup Ramen

• Topic Author
«Reply #65: November 03, 2009, 08:27:18 PM»
On the note of letting plants live... shouldn't we also give bacteria the chance to live, too? Damn you, antibiotics!

Offline Sync

«Reply #66: November 03, 2009, 08:50:30 PM»

because everyone is a skilled enough marksman and hunter to do this, right???

Electric Guitar

• Topic Author
«Reply #67: November 03, 2009, 08:51:31 PM»
There is no logic to that conclusion at all.

Black Rain

• Topic Author
«Reply #68: November 03, 2009, 11:32:13 PM»
There are some people who like me would only hunt an animal for food if it is nessisairy such as, survival such as, starvation. And like me, there are people who have absolute horrible skills with the bow and arrow and, does not like guns and, will probably never pick up a gun in their life.  AND, Feels extremely guilty for killing anything.

Shit. I feel guilty putting worms on a hook just to get fish that I will never keep.  I take the life of a creature away so I can have the thrill of catching a fish.  Which is why I prefer plastic/rubber lures over live worms. I absolutely HATE the idea of killing something.

Just like I hate seeing animal heads mounted on the wall or, stuffed animals put up for display. And I'm not alone on that ethire. There's many who share the same feelins about hunting for sport and displaying animals.

Electric Guitar

• Topic Author
«Reply #69: November 04, 2009, 07:47:38 AM»
I dislike hunting for sport when it's wasteful. I absolutely abhor mounted/stuffed animals. I find it really creepy.

Cup Ramen

• Topic Author
«Reply #70: November 04, 2009, 08:54:54 PM»
I dislike hunting for sport when it's wasteful. I absolutely abhor mounted/stuffed animals. I find it really creepy.

Ditto. I don't mind mounted horns or stuff like that as long as they used the rest of the meat and such.

Offline Faeliteas

«Reply #71: November 04, 2009, 09:08:52 PM»
On the subject of mounted heads, I've always been fascinated by them. But not in the way of thinking of it as a trophy. More like seeing it and wondering what the animal was doing that day, why it went the way it went, and why it was the one to get shot.
I don't like hunting at all, unless it's to feed yourself, but I can't stop someone for doing what they enjoy and if they didn't hunt for a sport then we would have an overpopulation of deer.
People may feel bad for killing something or they don't, it depends on the nature of the person pretty much. But it's how the world is, how people are, and nothing is going to make a difference unless the human race was suddenly about to be wiped out. Nothing changes until the people are faced with something devastating that could end their lives. Make sense?

Miranii

• Topic Author
«Reply #72: November 05, 2009, 02:16:21 PM»
I think animals specifically bred and raised for the purpose of food is appropriate.
The thing I disagree with is how often these animals are abused before they're killed.
They are already being killed. Why abuse them?

Electric Guitar

• Topic Author
«Reply #73: November 05, 2009, 07:20:27 PM»
I think animals specifically bred and raised for the purpose of food is appropriate.
The thing I disagree with is how often these animals are abused before they're killed.
They are already being killed. Why abuse them?

This ^

Offline Demi

«Reply #74: November 05, 2009, 09:50:47 PM»
Animals only take what they need to out of convenience and/or because they have no choice. Scavengers will try and get it among other things. Oh and, ever hear of a cache?

Are humans the only species of animal "cruel" to our prey? No, infact I once saw a video on Chimpanzees and their hunting rituals.
When the chimps caught their prey (a monkey) they ripped into it still alive and ate it while other members watching got excited.
I rarely log in. Only contact me if serious about purchasing my stuff.
Discord handle: Demi#5860
My Deviantart
FurAffinity

supersaver