• Topic Author
PETA?
«: September 21, 2009, 11:25:31 PM»
I'm not sure how I feel about this.

http://www.peta2.com

http://www.peta.com

http://petakids.com

http://furisdead.com

All power to them for being nice to the animals, but sometimes their methods are rather disturbing and/or annoying.

The thing I find most disturbing is how they market their beliefs to kids with things like this leaflet. http://www.furisdead.com/feat-momfur.asp

Yeah, I just find it hard to respect an organization when they're teaching kids that their mothers are horrible people because they use fur.

Your thoughts?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 11:28:28 PM by Wings »

Shamwow

• Topic Author
Re: PETA?
«Reply #1: September 21, 2009, 11:41:23 PM»
i seriously can't stand extreme vegetarians who force their ideas to other people. i choose to eat meat, i shouldn't be made to feel guilty just because i do so.

http://www.goveg.com/feat/chewonthis/ seriously, those are their reasons for not eating meat? because there's "chicken poop in every package of chicken?"

i can't support an organization that chastises anyone who doesn't follow their beliefs.

Electric Guitar

• Topic Author
«Reply #2: September 21, 2009, 11:47:04 PM»
Not mention an organization that usually does more harm then good.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

That site has a lot of information about what a hypocritical organization peta is. It's origional intent was good, but it's become lost in greed, power, and self righteous members.

As a last note, when an animal welfare club was created in my previous high school, the principal was pretty critical on the details at the very begining so as to make sure it wasn't an animal rights group and had no affiliation with peta. It's also because of the peta that many students got the wrong idea about the club and assumed it was like peta. It probably it contributed to the club's small amount of members and many misconceptions. It just pissed me off that we were associated with those bastards when we were trying to do a lot of good, (like volunteer work).
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 11:53:04 PM by Electric Guitar »

Offline Demi

«Reply #3: September 22, 2009, 01:45:07 AM»
From what I can tell the majority of PETA = batshit insane

They're about as bad or worse than religious nutjobs forcing their beliefs down your throat

only instead of a god it's vegetables and tofu.

Don't want to consume anything made by an animal? Fine, let the rest of us enjoy our damn burgers.

And way to traumatize children for life with their scare tactics
I rarely log in. Only contact me if serious about purchasing my stuff.
My Deviantart
FurAffinity

Offline Creek

«Reply #4: September 22, 2009, 05:10:38 AM»
I remember when I was vegetarian. I did it for the reason of actually losing weight, not just because of the cruelty. Did I force it down peeps throats? Nope. My friends LOVE their meat, and they love it so much they couldnt go a day without a piece [my friend would stab your hand with a fork if you tried to take away her steak!]

When I signed up for this vegetarian site, I got this leaflet in the mail from PETA. I started laughing my ass off when I read it. It gave some reasons as to why they stopped eating meat, such as "Chicken blood in every bit of KFC chicken" or "Pus in every drop of milk you drink'. The pictures on the leaflet were so dramatic it was hilarious. But, I no longer have it since this was 2 years ago.

[PS. I was a stupid Veggie and ended up in the hospital for 3 days straight because of the fact I malnourished myself without getting the proper vitamins. If you're going to be a veggie, don't just eat fruit, granola, and peanuts/cashews.. It's not smart. Now I only eat poultry and tacos >>;]

But I can't say that Meatitarians are all that different. I've had plenty try to force down their meaty ways on the vegetarians I know, and not only that, but claim 'Animals were put on this planet for us to eat. " When in fact, no, animals were not placed on this planet for us to eat, but to survive. I guess there will always be a 'battle' between the meaties and the veggies.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 05:12:54 AM by Gaea »
I NO LONGER LOG ONTO FURCADIA

Electric Guitar

• Topic Author
«Reply #5: September 22, 2009, 07:13:56 AM»
Why can't we be the omnivores we were meant to be and choose both?

Cup Ramen

• Topic Author
«Reply #6: September 22, 2009, 09:34:47 AM»
Why can't we be the omnivores we were meant to be and choose both?

qft&e.

Offline Emilee

«Reply #7: September 22, 2009, 10:04:52 AM»
When in fact, no, animals were not placed on this planet for us to eat, but to survive. I guess there will always be a 'battle' between the meaties and the veggies.

You can't survive without eating. O:
Furcadia: Morticia
Second Life: Morticia Blackheart

Offline Sync

«Reply #8: September 22, 2009, 10:35:37 AM»
peta actually is actually over the top like that to make people aware of the issues. i don't really think it's the best way to go about it, though.

Offline Kairi

«Reply #9: September 22, 2009, 01:55:16 PM»
i've been a vegetarian for a while now, and i haven't (at least, not to my knowledge) forced my beliefs on people. yes, i say it's disgusting and when they ask why i don't eat meat, i tell them. but giving your excuse isn't exactly trying to force them into it. besides, out of all the vegetarian/vegans in my school, none of us try to force it. it's usually the meat eaters going, "omfg, eat some meat you stupid vegs!!!! it's so delicious!!!!!" i've had former friends of mine send me raw bloody pictures of steak on my phone, just for laughs. it's pretty gross. we respect you only if you respect us. ):

Black Rain

• Topic Author
«Reply #10: September 22, 2009, 02:09:24 PM»
PETA is full of fail.
I love my meat. But, I love my veggies and fruits too.
I'm proud to be an omnivore.
And any PETA or, Vegetarian that attempts to shove their beliefs down my throat will just get ignored.

Offline Tain

«Reply #11: September 22, 2009, 02:14:23 PM»
'Animals were put on this planet for us to eat. " When in fact, no, animals were not placed on this planet for us to eat, but to survive.

has anyone ever watch lion king before. come on it's the ~circle of life~.
Cows, and other meaty stuff we eat, eat grass and then we eat them and then we die and become the grass (or something like that....).

but i think PETA had good intentions at first. then it just kinda lost its self.. Though that comic looks really funny but highly exaggerated. and not all parents obsess over fur coats and such.
i must be eating a lot of chicken poop..

Offline Jenni

«Reply #12: September 22, 2009, 02:18:53 PM»
i signed up for PETA emails at a concert once because.. i was too nice to say no. and i don't regret it at all. it's hilarious. :) i got an email from PETA telling me not to buy canadian maple syrup because it's one of canada's biggest products(?), and if it doesn't sell it will somehow indirectly correspond to them preventing seal beating?

i, honestly, don't see the point. i was also emailed to help PETA by going to a pet store near me and to hand out fliers telling people to adopt dogs because they can't fix them or something retarded. i'm a strong believer of "live and let live" but they advertise vegetarianism and animal rights like it's some sort of commercial product. all that funding going into telling people not to eat this and not to buy that.. how about funding for better issues? if only PETA's funding and cause was steered towards something a little bit more useful.

Black Rain

• Topic Author
«Reply #13: September 22, 2009, 02:46:43 PM»
I found this on Petakillsanimals.com

PETA president and co-founder Ingrid Newkirk has described her group’s overall goal as “total animal liberation.” This means the complete abolition of meat, milk, cheese, eggs, honey, zoos, aquariums, circuses, wool, leather, fur, silk, hunting, fishing, and pet ownership.

Now you do realize that the companies that own zoos will not just abandon them and release all their animals. The same with pet owners. Some pets actual love their owners. Bird and even snakes as well other animals. Especially dogs and cats will love their owners if the owner treats them right.  And Circuses will definitely Not abandon what they have currently. Just because a bunch of brain-dead moron PETA members throwing childish and immature tantrums over the use of animals in the circus. There is no Circus without the elephants and the lions/tigers and the horses. Both Zoos and Circuses take extremely well care of their animals so PETA is massively full of fail.
Pet owners will not just give up their animals ether so PETA can just keep dreaming.
As for Aquariums. The fish are well taken care of. However, I don't like Whales being used for cheap entertainment. Same for seals and other marine animals. However, there's nothing I can do about it and PETA can't do anything about it ether.

Electric Guitar

• Topic Author
«Reply #14: September 22, 2009, 03:26:05 PM»
(Actually they do have just cause for abolishing circuses. Circuses are very well known for mistreatment and cruelty toward animals.)

However, If anyone tried to take my cat they'd be beaten within an inch of their life.

Offline Ilsa

«Reply #15: September 22, 2009, 03:31:12 PM»
i've been a vegetarian for a while now, and i haven't (at least, not to my knowledge) forced my beliefs on people. yes, i say it's disgusting and when they ask why i don't eat meat, i tell them. but giving your excuse isn't exactly trying to force them into it. besides, out of all the vegetarian/vegans in my school, none of us try to force it. it's usually the meat eaters going, "omfg, eat some meat you stupid vegs!!!! it's so delicious!!!!!" i've had former friends of mine send me raw bloody pictures of steak on my phone, just for laughs. it's pretty gross. we respect you only if you respect us. ):

I've never met a vegetarian who hasn't tried to force their fussy eating habits on normal people, nor have I met one that doesn't throw shitfits when everyone doesn't cater to them.

Offline Jearu

«Reply #16: September 22, 2009, 04:41:25 PM»

I've never met a vegetarian who hasn't tried to force their fussy eating habits on normal people, nor have I met one that doesn't throw shitfits when everyone doesn't cater to them.
I've been a vegetarian for going on 4 years now (+several years as a kid). And can't say that I've forced my "fussy eating habits" on anyone, nor have I had a shitfit when someone didn't prepare something special for the poor little vegetarian. If there isn't something at a restaurant I can eat or if I'm eating over at someone's house and they're having a meal that revolves around meat, I'm perfectly happy eating anything on the table so long as it wasn't cooked with the meat. Even if I DON'T like what it is I'm eating (I'm a BIG picky eater and it's not because I'm vegetarian) I'm also perfectly happy not eating anything if there just isn't anything I can eat. --BUT I can agree, I get angry myself when other vegetarians bitch that there's nothing they can eat, boohoo.

I also have the problem of "normal" people forcing their meat-eating ways on me.. or moaning while eating something, holding their food up to me, and asking me why I don't eat meat and then proceed to harass me about it when I give them a reason.  Reason: 1. My grandmother died of Colon Cancer. 2. My Uncle has been a vegetarian since college, we had a lot of vegetarian meals. Not eating meat just became normal for me.  --I personally notice more bitching/harassing/forcing of ways from the "normal" people than I do from the vegetarians.

On topic: PETA is a crock of shit. I can't stand extremists and they've gone beyond that.  I'm all for animal rights and everything that goes along with that but seriously.. wtf PETA?
Wanting life owl, woolie, rabben, and classics.

Offline Ilsa

«Reply #17: September 22, 2009, 04:51:42 PM»
I think part of the "normal people" who dislike vegetarians behave the way they do is because of the loud, bitchy vegetarians.

Curious: What does colon cancer have to do with meat?

Bam

• Topic Author
«Reply #18: September 22, 2009, 04:55:50 PM»
"Diets high in fat and cholesterol (especially from animal sources) have been found to cause colon cancer."
but imho, everything in moderation. unhealthy diets will fuck you over, whether they contain animal or not.

on the subject, my opinion of PETA is the same as pretty much everyone else (thank god).
they want us to get rid of our animals? fucking forget it. and what would we do with them? release them all into the 'wild' meaning nearly certain death? i work at a kennel that both rescues and boards dogs, cats, rabbits and other small animals. we've even had a couple guinea pigs and a beta fish in there a few times.
most of them get stressed and anxious when their owner leaves their sight, and there is an instant change in them the moment they set eyes on the people they belong to again. i will tell you right fucking now, to release these animals and the ones in similar care at the zoo would be almost certain death to all of them.
i vote we release our babies into the wild as soon as they exit the birth canal next, who's with me?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 05:03:16 PM by Bam »

Offline Jearu

«Reply #19: September 22, 2009, 05:10:32 PM»
"Diets high in fat and cholesterol (especially from animal sources) have been found to cause colon cancer."
but imho, everything in moderation. unhealthy diets will fuck you over, whether they contain animal or not.
Exactly this. Everything causes cancer nowadays, even if you have the healthiest diet ever.

My cancer reason is because not only is red meat a nasty cause, we also had to stop eating it when she was diagnosed.. like I said, it became a normal thing.

i vote we release our babies into the wild as soon as they exit the birth canal next, who's with me?
I VOTE YES.
Wanting life owl, woolie, rabben, and classics.

Erde

• Topic Author
«Reply #20: September 22, 2009, 06:40:33 PM»
humans have canine teeth for tearing into flesh.

we are constructed to be able to consume meat. we don't HAVE to, being omnivorous and all, but it's the best way we know to get certain vitamins and minerals.

but i know people who don't like the taste, texture, etc., of meat. that's the only reason i see fitting to be vegetarian.

all the crap related to meat giving cancer, making you sluggish and fat, and anything else is probably for people who eat unkosher meat like pig parts, human fingers, and god-knows-what, or eat meat every single day, every single meal. i.e. fast food.

i have absolutely nothing wrong with a vegetarian lifestyle.  i wouldn't say it's HEALTHIER, but more power to them for doing whatever the heck they want to do.  the animals on farms are raised to be eaten anyway, so i don't see how it's considered cruel.  watch animals in the wild slaughter their prey and then come back to me saying we're cruel for doing it.  it's for survival, and we need protein and FAT to keep us healthy.

i do have a lot wrong with vegans, but i hate when some pasty-looking, skinny, iron-deficient skeleton tells me they're healthier than me...

and hey, i'm up for eating humans too.  i really, really don't care.  food is food, and if it tastes good, i don't care if it has a face. (granted i probably could never eat something like a FERRET, but if it was delicious i would consider. and obviously eating any sort of endangered animal is wrong, just the ones BRED to feed us).

i hope none of you vegetarians get offended by what i'm saying. like i said, it's your lifestyle, but when people try and tell me they're healthier than me by going against our natural protocol, i can't help but be a bit skeptical.

i guess i should also end this with i absolutely HATE PETA and their methods of using scare-tactics to get people to be vegetarian/vegan.  they're a cult and corrupt like any cult.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 06:43:13 PM by Erde »

Cup Ramen

• Topic Author
«Reply #21: September 22, 2009, 08:35:42 PM»
So what happens to all of the -domesticated- cats and dogs and such if PETA had their way? Where can they all go? They would continue to hang around people, and just turn into pests, which would lead to more cruelty toward them.

Offline alice

«Reply #22: September 22, 2009, 09:14:00 PM»
i do have a lot wrong with vegans, but i hate when some pasty-looking, skinny, iron-deficient skeleton tells me they're healthier than me...

thats why vegetarians/vegans include vitamins in their diet... which is probably a lot healthier than shoveling down anything, unless you rigorously keep tabs on your daily vitamin intake.  vegetarians/vegans HAVE to ( as far as i know- personally, i have an obsession with meat, although i absolutely hate the animal industry :I but i respect everyones views and whatnot ), so theres a pretty big chance that a vegetarians/vegan is healthier than you will ever be.. :)

edit: damn google chrome spell check and damn my lack of attention
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 10:05:54 PM by alice »

Cup Ramen

• Topic Author
«Reply #23: September 22, 2009, 09:24:50 PM»

Offline alice

«Reply #24: September 22, 2009, 09:59:09 PM»