supersaver

Author Topic: Priced too high?  (Read 892 times)

Electric Guitar

• Topic Author
Priced too high?
«: August 29, 2009, 09:07:32 PM»
I've noticed a trend on FAM that doesn't exist anywhere else in this economy. For some reason, many users are upping the prices of their alts. Now to me this makes no sense. The price of alts should have gone way down. Correct me if I'm wrong, but even the price of digos have gone down signifcantly haven't they? In my own opinion, it just doesn't seem fair to charge so much for a character name considering the current economic situation. Not that I'm whining about the prices. I'm certainly capable for working for a name. I just feel it get's to be a bit ridiculious. Do any of you feel the same way?

Offline Julie

Re: Priced too high?
«Reply #1: August 29, 2009, 09:27:46 PM»
it's the opposite of supply-demand, essentially. these are single people needing money from one single alt, not a company that can sell a shitload of the same item for a lower price and still gain profit, like DEP

if you had a really nice alt, and you were desparate for money and decided to sell it, you likely wouldnt lower the price the further into debt you got. indeed, it wouldnt make sense, but you need more money right?

Offline Jearu

«Reply #2: August 30, 2009, 02:45:49 AM»
What Julie said.

I've noticed a handful of traders, myself included, selling off names they wouldn't normally sell off unless they had to. And with the economy as it is now, some people 'have' to sell some names off. On top of that, some people paid a few shinies for their names and they would like to get what they spent back or at least a lick close to the amount spent.

You'd think people would lower their prices, it'd make more sense.. but like Julie said, if you had a really nice name and had to sell it off, you wouldn't want to lower the price either. Two steps forward, one step back.

Alt trading has become a bit bothersome because of this.. it's a bump but we'll all get over it.. eventually.
Wanting life owl, woolie, rabben, and classics.

Offline Tony

«Reply #3: August 30, 2009, 02:52:00 AM»
people are greedy and want money to supply their furcadian addiction

Offline Jenni

«Reply #4: August 30, 2009, 04:29:59 AM»
wrong. i'm greedy and want to supply my WoW addiction. ;)

Offline Tony

«Reply #5: August 30, 2009, 01:18:51 PM»
even worse

supersaver