supersaver

Author Topic: Posting this for My Friend  (Read 1578 times)

Offline bing

Posting this for My Friend
«: May 30, 2009, 07:22:59 PM»
My Friend, who asked me to keep her anonymous, has recently had her alt 'hacked'.

As she said, She was rping on it. Then Suddenly she got a connection error and said that the password was lost. Few seconds later probably, she found out someone else was on the alt.They were Extremely rude to her saying that she stole the alt from them. This alt couldnt have expired because one: She was on it recently, and two she had a foxen and a portspace on it.

My anonymous friend just wants the foxen and portspace back but the other person refuses to give it back. My Friend is currently in the process of contacting Cironir and emailing the gaurdians.

The 'hacked' alt is Nightcrawler.

Heres some logs even though it isnt much:

Welcome, Nightcrawler.  Lebeaux: (Wb, Senior Fuzzykins)  Nightcrawler: what in the &$!?  Lebeaux: (Wut? o-o) 
I know my friend very well, and she NEVER cusses

P.S My Friend Created the alt and it is NOT shared.

please dont tell me this sounds like a witchhunt

Edit: Whisper logs were removed, forgot about the permission thing!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 07:31:46 PM by Giratina »

Offline Skull

Re: Posting this for My Friend
«Reply #1: May 30, 2009, 07:38:48 PM»
I don't know whether this was a weird bug or what, but I have owned Nightcrawler for about 3 years now, and I had ported it roughly two years ago.

Because of this, I find it very hard to believe that the name could have been "created" as your friend proclaims it was.

On top of that, I recently got an email requesting a password change to my main email to what the password was before I just recently changed it upon discovering someone was using the name without permission.

I've never shared Nightcrawler, and I've never given out his password so I don't know how Sean got it but kudos to them I guess for figuring it out?

So much for remaining an anonymous owner.  :-X

WOAH PROOF
confidential shit removed for obvious reasons.  check out that creation date, christ almighty!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 07:48:14 PM by Cancer »

Offline bing

«Reply #2: May 30, 2009, 07:41:56 PM»
I don't know whether this was a weird bug or what, but I have owned Nightcrawler for about 3 years now, and I had ported it roughly two years ago.

Because of this, I find it very hard to believe that the name could have been "created" as your friend proclaims it was.

On top of that, I recently got an email requesting a password change to my main email to what the password was before I just recently changed it upon discovering someone was using the name without permission.

I've never shared Nightcrawler, and I've never given out his password so I don't know how they got it but kudos to them I guess for figuring it out?

Well I dont mean to sound rude, but maybe it expired during the Alt Sweep? I mean it is possible...It happened to another one of my friends.

Offline reallygreatcookies

«Reply #3: May 30, 2009, 07:44:51 PM»
I don't know if this helps or not but I should note that ported alts, in extremely rare circumstances, HAVE expired; it happened to my alt Lime once after the game rebooted.  I tried to log into her, it didn't work.  I tried to recreate her and succeeded; however, her ports and digos were gone.  This leads me to believe that ANYONE could have recreated her, IE she 'expired'

So yeah, they CAN expire.  I sent in a help ticket and in a few days my stuff was returned, yadda yadda, I was told it was a 'server hiccup'  it's possible that it expired in this way, and was recreated.

Offline Hugo

«Reply #4: May 30, 2009, 07:48:23 PM»
It does sound like a glitch. Even though everyone from DEP is denying it, I do hear about expiring porteds every now and then.

Maybe contact Ciro and see who owns what digos to have them returned? The original creator of Nightcrawler should keep the alt and the digos should go to the person who bought those.

Offline Blastoise

«Reply #5: May 30, 2009, 07:48:43 PM»
I would like to note that this anonymous person is a trustworthy and nice person and I HIGHLY doubt she took Nightcrawler from you. She's quite upset about this.

Whatever. There's something odd going on here. Sounds like both sides are plausible. Maybe you could be a little more polite and try to work this out, Cancer.
"It's cute that y'all think think you're the heroes of this little adventure, but you're not..."

Offline Skull

«Reply #6: May 30, 2009, 07:49:31 PM»
Did the ported name, upon expiration, still have the old creation date when it was recreated?

My guess is no.
Somebody didn't think this through!!

Offline Blastoise

«Reply #7: May 30, 2009, 07:50:56 PM»
A question, too. How did you get the alt back?
"It's cute that y'all think think you're the heroes of this little adventure, but you're not..."

Offline Skull

«Reply #8: May 30, 2009, 07:53:04 PM»
I didn't "get it back".  It was mine to begin with.

The email and password was still the same.  I check my email and have a "your portrait has been accepted!" in my inbox.  I open it out of curiosity, for I haven't tried to upload a portrait to any of my alts recently.

Lo and behold, it's to Nightcrawler.  Now I get suspicious and I go to log into the alt, and I'm in some random x-men dream with some ugly portrait that I never uploaded onto it surrounded by strange people that I don't know.  One of them goes "Welcome back!"

And it was at this point that I changed the password to something unguessable @[email protected]

About a minute after, I get a password request that was attempting to change the PW back to what it was before I changed it.  Sneaky, sneaky!!!

Offline reallygreatcookies

«Reply #9: May 30, 2009, 08:17:34 PM»
Did the ported name, upon expiration, still have the old creation date when it was recreated?

My guess is no.
Somebody didn't think this through!!

Well actually, when the server hiccuped and I recreated her, she had a new creation date.  Upon having her digos restored, her creation date, too, was restored to Created on: 2004-08-02/06:20:35/Mon.    Posting this for informational purposes, maybe to help people understand what happens when ported alts expire?  Idk ):  I dunno if this'll be useful information or not, but hey.

Offline Light

«Reply #10: May 30, 2009, 09:39:05 PM»
On occasion a case like this will pop up. A friend of mine, known as Aleu, use to get stuff like this all the time.

It's a Furcadia glitch. She would 'create' alts--or, rather, be able to get and log them--and 90% of the time they were someone else's main or alt, as it was already ported.

This sounds like a case like that and the alt rightfully belongs to Cancer, although the digos should be returned to this anonymous owner. (And I'm sorry to say this, anonymous owner, but you probably just got it via this glitch and never rightfully owned it.)

If it is something like this..

There is no theft. There is no hacks, random pass changes, random expirations (obvious by Cancer's proof.) It's just a glitch. As much as Furcadia denies this glitch exists (as we have reported it before) it does exist and stuff like this can and will happen.

That's just my two cents.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 09:42:41 PM by Light »
Contacts: Light, Guzma
Alts change frequently, so your best bet to contact me would be to private message me.

Alts for sale here.
Icon from here!

Offline Emilee

«Reply #11: May 30, 2009, 09:47:02 PM»
I've actually had it happen to me once.
I "created" the alt 'Drunk' but was never able to log onto it due to a password error.
I was like. Wtf.
So I looked it up here and it belonged to someone... I almost think Turq? IDK, too lazy to check. But. It DOES happen from time to time!
Furcadia: Morticia
Second Life: Morticia Blackheart

Offline Skull

«Reply #12: May 31, 2009, 01:36:59 AM»
Dodo, if Sean experienced what you did they wouldn't have been able to log into Nightcrawler.  But they were able to, because they knew what his password was.

I'm still unsure about this.  They knew what the password was.  If they truly were able to recreate it, don't you think the chances of Sean picking the EXACT SAME PASSWORD that I had picked when I acquired the alt is slim to none?

On top of that, when they were having connection problems (due to me changing the previous password to a new one) they attempted to change it back to what it was previously.  Sounds extremely fishy to me.  And a bit too coincidental.

I suppose until I hear something from the guardians we won't know for certain.

Offline Emilee

«Reply #13: May 31, 2009, 01:49:30 AM»
Dodo, if Sean experienced what you did they wouldn't have been able to log into Nightcrawler.  But they were able to, because they knew what his password was.

I'm still unsure about this.  They knew what the password was.  If they truly were able to recreate it, don't you think the chances of Sean picking the EXACT SAME PASSWORD that I had picked when I acquired the alt is slim to none?

On top of that, when they were having connection problems (due to me changing the previous password to a new one) they attempted to change it back to what it was previously.  Sounds extremely fishy to me.  And a bit too coincidental.

I suppose until I hear something from the guardians we won't know for certain.

Oh, I wasn't saying the situation was justified because of it, I was just saying.
Things like that DO happen, but you're right when you note that they shouldn't have been able to get on it. Anyhow, Ima shootoop now since I have nothing else relevant to add. Suppose we just have to wait and see what turns up.
Furcadia: Morticia
Second Life: Morticia Blackheart

Offline Lovecraft

«Reply #14: May 31, 2009, 02:17:37 AM»
I've smelled worse. However, I can attest to the fact that this alt had been logged into recently by Cancer the rightful owner. I am in the process of locating the log and I can assure you that it was only in the past two months or so. Not six when said glitch could have possibly taken effect.
We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight.

Offline Cironir

«Reply #15: May 31, 2009, 12:52:13 PM»
The character belongs to Cancer, and it never expired. It never had its email changed in over three years,  either. The person who "created" it either knew the password or accidentally guessed it (at the third try, there were two attempts prior to the successful one).

It is unclear to me how you can "create" a character and not notice that it has an active portrait. Or that you don't get a confirmation email for the address or the portrait upload. This should have been reported. Adding a space and a ferian makes it seem more like a try to somehow obtain a claim to the character.

I also don't think all that much of posting accusations for an "anonymous" friend. An apology to Cancer may be a good idea.

I refunded the ferian and returned the portrait space to Sean.