supersaver

Author Topic: Legalization of Marijuana  (Read 5791 times)

Offline Narnia

Legalization of Marijuana
«: April 21, 2009, 03:19:23 PM»
Quote from: "Chow"
Day one, of many after day celebrations to a plant that has been demonized since the 60's.

Its time for a change.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0mEDE_w1xo

Legalize, regulate, smoke responsibily and for the benefit of so much medical use that scientific report after report is now rolling out the long since known news of its help in various medical fields and even ironicly new evidence that another chemical in the plant may very well be an anti pshycotic to help the various people who worry about its mind altering affects on those with mental issues.

http://blog.norml.org/2009/04/19/first-ever-nationwide-pro-marijuana-tv-ad-campaign-is-launched-in-conjunction-with-420/

Educate, not hate is the answer.

420 <3
Chow

Let's discuss.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline alice

«Reply #1: April 21, 2009, 03:25:35 PM»
sigh.

Quote from: "alice"
Quote from: "Dolly"
America's number one crash cop finally legalized and being properly taxed.

this. ive spent a lot of money on pot and id really like to see that money go toward helping the economy than my friend so he can save up for a big screen tv and a ps3.

edit: anyway. i think that as long as theres some sort of restriction on it (nothing strong. just age limits and what not) and minors can still get in trouble for it, it shouldnt be a problem. i believe history is really just repeating itself and itll get legalized eventually, just like alcohol, especially considering the amount of people for the legalization.

Sookan

«Reply #2: April 21, 2009, 03:30:23 PM»
can one be convicted and placed in jail for simple possession, in america?

over here there are confiscate-and-warn programs where officers go into the community, high traffic known drug areas and well confiscate and warn.

dealing should stay illegal but possession with intent to use at least decriminalized

Offline alice

«Reply #3: April 21, 2009, 03:31:12 PM»
Quote from: "Sookan"
can one be convicted and placed in jail for simple possession, in america?

yes.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #4: April 21, 2009, 03:33:59 PM»
To elaborate on alice, yes, but only if they are carrying a large amount. Most states list simple possession as a mesdemenor which is generally only a fine if punishable at all (due to decriminilization.)

However, multiple offenses can escalate into a felony with signifcant jail time. The larger the quantity the heavier the offense as well.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Altria

«Reply #5: April 21, 2009, 07:39:28 PM»
I don't really care whether or not pot gets legalized, but if it would limit the amount of violence then I'm all for it. I don't do drugs, never will, but it's upsetting to see and hear about people being brutally murdered because drug gangs have their panties in a wad. Perhaps it would put an end to the need/desire for drug gangs.

Offline Tweak

«Reply #6: April 24, 2009, 09:04:17 AM»
We already did this on FAZ.

Sookan

«Reply #7: April 24, 2009, 10:29:45 AM»
some people dont post on faz

Offline Tweak

«Reply #8: April 24, 2009, 12:15:32 PM»
Here is a direct link just for you, Sookan: http://www.furcartzone.com/index.php?topic=4764.0

Offline Zim

«Reply #9: April 24, 2009, 02:53:22 PM»
(: If you're not going to contribute to the conversation here, don't post.

Not everyone is active or a member on both sites.

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Offline Trinket

Re: Legalization of Marijuana
«Reply #10: April 26, 2009, 02:26:58 PM»
I don't mind Marijuana being used for medical purposes, but even if it is legalized beyond this I think like alcohol it should only be used in moderation, but I don't think they know of a way to see how much you've used. Like no one should drive drunk, no one should drive high... so their would be complications to its legalization, but Haruno Sakura does have a point.

Offline Cironir

«Reply #11: May 10, 2009, 05:59:16 AM»
I don't really care whether or not pot gets legalized, but if it would limit the amount of violence then I'm all for it.

Marijuana, unlike alcohol, doesn't seem to cause aggression in people. I'll probably never understand why weed is illegal, but alcohol is not -- the latter is even socially accepted. Then again, I'm pro-choice, if it does not cause dangers to others. Alcohol is far more dangerous in that way than weed is. I have never smoked marijuana, so I'm basing this on observations and studies. I may have to do this for some personal experience, though, but I think I will have to cross the border to the Netherlands in order to do this legally. As far as I know, possession of even small amounts is illegal here in Germany (not in the "go to prison way", though).

Offline Sheikah

«Reply #12: May 10, 2009, 08:30:52 PM»
I don't smoke it but, I know a lot of my closest friends do and I really hope it gets legalized for their sake.  It will make it a lot easier on them for sure.  Having it accessible for them at any time they want would be a joy in and of itself, tbh.  Also, I'm not against it because I will always have the right to choose not to do it..  Basically, the legalization of marijuana will not force me to start smoking it, therefore i'm all for it~

Offline Narnia

«Reply #13: May 11, 2009, 01:45:44 PM»
Interesting article from my hometown newspaper..

http://www.ohio.com/news/break_news/44721842.html

We'll see how this turns out.

Offline C

«Reply #14: May 12, 2009, 03:41:41 AM»
I actually hope that it does get legalized, mainly for medical purposes.

I smoke it regularly for recreation, but lately I've been in a lot of pain and recreation turned immediately to benefit. I now have an appetite and it helps with pain more than Ibuprofen does.

I was going to quit, but after it helped me get over (OF ALL THINGS) bronchitis, I decided I'd keep going.

Aaand... As far as history goes, I don't think it was ever actually legal. Just disregarded because it was used in a similar fashion as tobacco... It was banned when it became associated with money/violence/profit, ect. I think it didn't actually become illegal until the mid 1930's, but since then, regardless of proven medical documentation it remains punishable by law for possession/usage.

Offline Margaery

«Reply #15: May 12, 2009, 05:49:54 AM»
I don't really care whether or not pot gets legalized, but if it would limit the amount of violence then I'm all for it. I don't do drugs, never will, but it's upsetting to see and hear about people being brutally murdered because drug gangs have their panties in a wad. Perhaps it would put an end to the need/desire for drug gangs.

Offline alice

«Reply #16: May 14, 2009, 06:11:44 PM»
the only thing im afraid of if weed were to be legalized is if big tobacco companies start distributing it along with their cigarettes. the harm in that is that they could start putting the same shit in weed that they do with cigarettes to get people actually addicted to it. along with that, it could increase its cancer causing chances (there hasnt been long enough studies to actually proove it can cause cancer, but its still possible).

nevertheless, i think history is just repeating itself. the same shit happened with tobacco and alcohol and they were eventually legalized due to demand, for the most part.

Offline Douche

«Reply #17: May 18, 2009, 10:04:00 PM»
Hi.

To add on another note, it's not like anyone has to DO substances they dislike, take cigarettes or alcohol. I came downstairs today and they were actually doing a segment on The View (My mom was watching it) and Jesse Ventura spoke plain and simple and the exact same feelings that EVERYONE should realize.

People make stupid decisions because of THEMSELVES and if they want to do something then they are going to do it. Take doing weed, smoking or drinking alcohol. We all have the choice NOT to do it, and we all have the choice not to socialize with people who DO do these things. It's not even really about the populations problem with weed, it's the individuals themselves. So that said and done, I think it is just stupid how weed is not legal and alcohol and cigarettes which have just as much a bad effect on you physically, and mentally as both of them are legalized. It CAN be controlled through the government, and you know what, it will created A LOT more jobs for people in the States and all over the world for that matter.

/mytwocentsagain
Contact on: Douche, Asmund or Voorn
~Alts For Sale~

Cup Ramen

«Reply #18: June 18, 2009, 05:30:41 PM»
Well. As far as I'm concerned, pot isn't really for me. But, if Alcohol, which has really harmful effects on people, is legal, why not pot? There are waaaaaay worse things you can do than marijuana. Just slap on similar laws to alcohol and you're good to go. It might do this country some good, get it's economy out of the red.

Offline Grissom

«Reply #19: June 20, 2009, 10:46:50 PM»
I hope that it gets legalized, I think it'd be helpful keeping it in control because they'd have rules and regulations.

I hate the fact that people always think its dangerous, pot by itself isn't dangerous at all, it only gets that way when you mix it with other things.

Of course I wouldn't want it to be controlled by the government in the sense of growth, I think personal home grown is much better, so it would stink to not have that option.

I think one of the reasons people think we have such a problem with it is because its "banned" and illegal. Its the same reason we have such a problem with underage drinking. Its that whole "forbidden fruit" concept, but if Marijuana was legal it believe it would take that away.

Course, I'm wicked bias.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 10:59:11 PM by Grissom »

Cup Ramen

«Reply #20: June 21, 2009, 02:09:10 AM»
I hope that it gets legalized, I think it'd be helpful keeping it in control because they'd have rules and regulations.

I hate the fact that people always think its dangerous, pot by itself isn't dangerous at all, it only gets that way when you mix it with other things.

Of course I wouldn't want it to be controlled by the government in the sense of growth, I think personal home grown is much better, so it would stink to not have that option.

I think one of the reasons people think we have such a problem with it is because its "banned" and illegal. Its the same reason we have such a problem with underage drinking. Its that whole "forbidden fruit" concept, but if Marijuana was legal it believe it would take that away.

Course, I'm wicked bias.

Everyone has some kind of bias. ;)

Offline Tain

«Reply #21: June 21, 2009, 02:25:38 AM»
whether it's legal or not people are going to do it
now.. on the other hand
i dont care if its legal, i would still refuse to smoke it. but i wouldn't want my mum growing it while i live here. cause i know she would.
and it smells so freaking bad. i'd hate to walk outside and see a ton of little shits smoking in public cause well, they won't get in trouble for it. the air would be more polluted than it already is
and it might also be seen as another 'stress relief' for people. and then you have people driving around higher than skittles

though if some laws were put into place like "no smoking around kids under 18, no smoking in public, don't expose to blahblah" and people actually followed them
then i'd be okay

..or whoever legalized the shit better buy me a gas mask and some personal air purifier

Cup Ramen

«Reply #22: June 21, 2009, 03:05:59 PM»
..or whoever legalized the shit better buy me a gas mask and some personal air purifier

Yes please.

Offline Demi

«Reply #23: June 21, 2009, 11:58:37 PM»
Legalization for medical purposes. Yes. Grow it under certain conditions to suit a standard qualification and give/sell it to people who could actually benefit from it.

Legalization for recreational use... iffy but if used in private I don't give a damn.

People are all crazy over someone high getting into a car and crashing into a drive thru or something. In reality people are just as likely or even more likely to crash into something while driving under the influence of nyquill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-_qwaCFRes
I rarely log in. Only contact me if serious about purchasing my stuff.
My Deviantart
FurAffinity

Cup Ramen

«Reply #24: June 22, 2009, 02:48:00 PM»
I know people who use nyquil for the exact purpose of getting high. I really don't get it >_>;