supersaver

Author Topic: Heads Up: Kayt  (Read 2120 times)

Offline erin

Heads Up: Kayt
«: April 17, 2009, 01:31:49 AM»
not sure how many know her, but kayt (also known as kaytlynn or however the hell she spells it) used to be genius, last i heard she was beautiful but i heard she switched names AGAIN, shouldn't be shared passwords with unless you and her are really close and you really think she gives about you. background on the issue? i haven't discussed this before but, hey, just a heads up:

back in the fall kayt and i were on decent terms and she was friendly, and also wanting to check out some alts. so, being stupid, i showed her the alts i had and she said she really liked olly and mingle. i was fairly naive you could say and yes, i trust people too easily (or trusted lolol) so i said i'd let her share them. then kayt disappeared into another dream (after she'd already started ignoring me) and i discovered a thread on FAM selling olly and mingle (i responded of course saying she didnt have the right to sell and she said "ok.") a few months later i got curious, so i checked olly and BAM. password changed. annoyed about this, i pm'd her and she said she "didn't have it." thinking she let her expire (which she confirmed) i got pissed, but accepted it. then, seeing that i really didn't have any other option. then i got curious because the whole ordeal was suspicious so i searched the alt olly and found it had a new owner, i pm'd the owner and she told me that kayt had indeed traded olly to her. shady right? well, i payed four spaces for olly, but i won't pursue the matter any further, this is just a warning to anyone who wants to fall for her trickery~*, if you would.

also, her attitude about this entire thing was "well whatever, its the internet." so good luck if you run into a future problem.

and i quote:
Quote from: "Genius"
o im sry. v_v its just shitfuck furcadia. aint gon die pumpkin

Offline Hugo

«Reply #1: April 17, 2009, 10:58:33 AM»
Wow that's shady of her.

I guess this reinforces the point that you shouldn't be sharing alts until the secure system comes out.

Lovedoll

«Reply #2: April 17, 2009, 12:34:13 PM»
Quote from: "Hugo"
Wow that's shady of her.

I guess this reinforces the point that you shouldn't be sharing alts until the secure system comes out.

You shouldn't share alts period. It will become against policies to share an alt when the system comes out and alts will be frozen for it I believe. Right now it's just unsupported.

However, until then if you must share, always appoint one person as the 'owner' of the alt who gets all rights. Even if it remains unsupported and risky, if one person has all the rights the situation is much clearer for all parties. And if you can't get yourself to offer the other person full rights then you probably shouldn't share period.

Offline Hugo

«Reply #3: April 17, 2009, 12:41:59 PM»
Really because I heard the new system will have a specific feature for letting friends use alts without forfeiting ownership!

That would solve a whole lot of problems.

Offline ADALEINE

«Reply #4: April 17, 2009, 12:56:09 PM»
itt: irrelevance.

the fact she shared isnt up for discussion. yes, it was naive of her, she acknowledges that. you dont need to rub it in, she now knows better.

what we want itt: relevance.

i.e. anyone else whos had trouble with this person.

Cami

«Reply #5: April 17, 2009, 05:22:57 PM»
As far as I know an issue with the same person was brought up awhile back, as well.. in a situation VERY similar where she'd stolen someone alt. I used to know the person, and i'm honestly glad I ended on bad terms with her, as well. However, it's good of you to warn people of such.
I'm on hte side of it furc being just a game, with a bunch of pixelated characters that people get a -bit- too attatched to..  but all the same, stealings wrong.

Offline erin

«Reply #6: April 18, 2009, 05:02:17 PM»
yes, we HAVE established that sharing is a bad idea, and im not the first and i wont be the last to do it, moving on. point is, if someone is in the same situation i was, they SHOULD know-- reason for me posting this. my message to the people:

don't share with kayt, she'll fuck you over.

Offline Cardali

«Reply #7: April 18, 2009, 05:47:50 PM»
alrighty; kayt!
she used to be genius, last i've known she is beautiful as she posted on cypress homes forums under that name, etc
i've heard a lot of people have had trouble with her and she's basically just a bitch (:
friend of mine shared an alt with her and it ended up getting stolen and then resold

itt: kayt can't be trusted and is a bitch

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #8: April 18, 2009, 09:19:10 PM»
Name calling is unnecessary.

Anything that hasn't already been established doesn't need to be posted from this point on.

Offline Steph

«Reply #9: April 23, 2009, 03:53:25 PM»
It's funny seeing these boards, and it really confuses me.

Kayt, I had met a bit ago and she was selling Illicit.
Easy fast trade for life classics for Illicit. She never took the alt back, and she never scammed me. She just was a little hesitant at first cause she thought I might scam her.

Later - she was selling Celebrate. ( do i mention my most favorite alt right now lol )

& we had problems figuring out a good price, but she was liniant and we did a quick gd for alt trade which went by pretty good and fast. I love Celebrate, and she will be with me forever.

I've never had problems with Kayt, but she had told me her scamming days are over - and honestly i love that girl to death. lol She's good to talk to and is really entertaining with conversations.

So, what I don't understand is if she still "scams" why hasn't she done it to me?

For Sale | FurAffinity  | dA

Furc: Steph & Grievous

Offline Hugo

«Reply #10: April 23, 2009, 04:03:55 PM»
Because you had a good experience and the OP had a bad one. Feel free to put your positive trade into your thread in the review section.

Offline Steph

«Reply #11: April 23, 2009, 05:40:53 PM»
Quote from: "Hugo"
Because you had a good experience and the OP had a bad one. Feel free to put your positive trade into your thread in the review section.

Mm, I'll stand by.

These threads make me wary and cautious. @[email protected]

For Sale | FurAffinity  | dA

Furc: Steph & Grievous

Offline ADALEINE

«Reply #12: April 24, 2009, 12:20:04 AM»
1. a scammer doesnt scam everyone. theyd get caught far too fast.
2. a "good scammer" would make a few good trades so that people like you would say 'oh but i never had a problem....'

Offline Cironir

«Reply #13: April 24, 2009, 05:26:31 AM»
It just isn't scamming if you share an alt and the other person changes the password on you. If you do that, both parties are considered equal "owners" of an alt. At best, the character gets frozen until both parties reach an agreement (which is usually never, so the name is lost), at worst (and more likely), you simply lose access and they keep it. It will never be truly "yours" if you share it. I see two people using the same character over period of time, and I close a case. That is something for the community to sort out, not for me. I'm not Solomon.

Unless it's an uploader of a dream, there is never a good reason to share a character. Keep it, sell it, but don't share it.