supersaver

Author Topic: nikou  (Read 2232 times)

katy

• Topic Author
nikou
«: April 07, 2009, 12:29:41 PM»
alright, i'm mainly writing this because i would like to know where she is, and if she's ever scammed anyone before.

i traded multiple alts for a life flox from nikou on feb 3..

Your request has been sent to Mitsuki Usagi.
You and Mitsuki Usagi have begun a trading session. Commands available: trade-status, trade-add <item>, trade-remove <item>, trade-reason <reason>, trade-accept, trade-reject, trade-end
Mitsuki Usagi has added flox to their current offer.

Current trade status:
Katy offers:
(No items offered yet.)
You have not accepted the current trade.
Mitsuki Usagi offers:
Flox, for-life
Mitsuki Usagi has not accepted the current trade.
Commands available: trade-status, trade-add <item>, trade-remove <item>, trade-reason <reason>, trade-accept, trade-reject, trade-end

You set your trade reason to 'the passwords to the $5 alts, and to faux and fig is "*****", no quotations.'.
You accept the current offer. If Mitsuki Usagi accepts also, the trade will be performed. If you change your mind, type trade-reject.
Mitsuki Usagi sets their trade reason to 'alts'.
Your items have been traded and the trade session is now complete. Log off and back on to see the results.

and on the 25th of feb, got this message:

The following item(s) were removed from your character because the order was cancelled by the person who paid for it: Flox

so i pm'd her asking what was up, and she said something to do with fraudulent charges on the card that was used to pay for the flox. meaning that there had to be a back-charge by DEP, i guess. we discussed it and she said she would pay me back before a month had passed because of her bank. so she said she would get me another life flox before 4 weeks was up, and that was the day the flox was cancelled.

i kept in touch with her a few times, once to tell her that i would prefer just the cash. which was when the april 1st deadline was set, back in march.

to sum it up, the user nikou on this site owes me a total of $130, which was to be paid april first. i've tried whispering her, i've sent her a pm (she hasn't read it yet, so i'm not exactly sure whats going on) and even had a friend pm her because of a temporary vacation from FAM. she hasn't responded, hasn't gotten in touch with me since... gosh, back in the middle of march. (i want to say around the 14th of march.)

she owes me either a life flox or $130 for alts i traded her. does ANYONE know where she is? she told me that paying by april 1st wouldn't be a problem at all, and it's now... the 7th. :s

* password in the trade logs changed for security reasons.

Offline Poi

nikou
«Reply #1: April 07, 2009, 12:53:38 PM»
If she was back-charged by DEP, shouldn't she be perma-banned on all alts? Is she still logging on..? If she is, isn't that kind of fishy?

katy

• Topic Author
nikou
«Reply #2: April 07, 2009, 01:13:18 PM»
Quote from: "Poi"
If she was back-charged by DEP, shouldn't she be perma-banned on all alts? Is she still logging on..? If she is, isn't that kind of fishy?

she has logged on since the flox was canceled. i don't know her last log-in date, but i whispered her after the cancellation had taken place.

Offline Sabaton

nikou
«Reply #3: April 07, 2009, 01:43:21 PM»
you need to contact cironir about this

give him the information about what went on and i'm sure he can tell you if it was chargeback'd or not

if not, he's the only one that can help you get your alts back

Offline Narnia

nikou
«Reply #4: April 07, 2009, 01:56:21 PM»
Quote from: "Narnia"
It drives me crazy that everyone feels the need to come here to try and sovle thefts. That is not the intention of this board. To resolve a theft you should immediately contact the guardians and/or Cironir to resolve the problems. If you had port spaces stolen, or an alt thieved, no one here is going to be able to return it to you. The point of this forum was to report thefts that occured to the community so that they (the community) could kindly say, "Thank you. I don't think I'll trade with them."

In all honesty, if witch hunts keep occuring here I'm going to be forced to redesign the policies on how alert forums operate and reassess how they are moderated.

Capice?
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

katy

• Topic Author
nikou
«Reply #5: April 07, 2009, 01:56:42 PM»
Quote from: "Tarrence"
you need to contact cironir about this

give him the information about what went on and i'm sure he can tell you if it was chargeback'd or not

if not, he's the only one that can help you get your alts back

i'd feel bad with a refund of my alts, because from what i understand some of them have already been sold. i wouldn't want to take the alts away from people who paid money for them. i sent an email to the guardians, support, and digomarket the day this happened which was feb. 25, and never heard back from them. (yes, i'm sure it wasn't deleted in my junk folder.) i went to a helper this morning and asked to be sent to a guardian, but that was over an hour ago. :/

do i just whisper him directly?

katy

• Topic Author
nikou
«Reply #6: April 07, 2009, 01:57:47 PM»
It drives me crazy that everyone feels the need to come here to try and sovle thefts. That is not the intention of this board. To resolve a theft you should immediately contact the guardians and/or Cironir to resolve the problems. If you had port spaces stolen, or an alt thieved, no one here is going to be able to return it to you. The point of this forum was to report thefts that occured to the community so that they (the community) could kindly say, "Thank you. I don't think I'll trade with them."

In all honesty, if witch hunts keep occuring here I'm going to be forced to redesign the policies on how alert forums operate and reassess how they are moderated.

Capice?

thanks for that, but i thought of it. read my post above.

Offline Narnia

nikou
«Reply #7: April 07, 2009, 02:14:34 PM»
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

katy

• Topic Author
nikou
«Reply #8: April 07, 2009, 02:31:41 PM»
Read the stickies.. http://altmarket.net/viewtopic.php?t=15391

read the beginning of my post.
Quote from: "katy"
alright, i'm mainly writing this because i would like to know where she is, and if she's ever scammed anyone before.

Offline RIKKI

nikou
«Reply #9: April 07, 2009, 02:35:23 PM»
Quote from: "Nikou"
Giving away Worry to a friend as soon as I move

Catch me as Skittles but I won't be on as much anymore

One of their recent posts states that.
It could be a possibility that she's in mid-move and has no current access to a computer and or internet?

Offline Byakko

nikou
«Reply #10: April 07, 2009, 02:37:46 PM»
Katy, I had the same exact thing happen to me. I traded GD for a life Phoenix and on the same date that your Flox disapeared, the Phoenix was gone.

The reason I didn't say anything about it before now is because she indeed did take measures to rectify the situation and I had a new Phoenix less than a month after it happened (ahead of the deadline she set). She and I kept logging in at opposing times, so I know that getting in touch with her can be difficult. I can guarantee you that she hasn't forgotten and that she is trying her hardest to keep her end of the bargain. She might even already have your Flox back but hasn't been able to reach you and vice-versa.

I hope this was helpful. :)

*Edit* And I honestly believe that it isn't a scam. It was just a misfortunate problem with a shared credit card.

katy

• Topic Author
nikou
«Reply #11: April 07, 2009, 02:38:02 PM»
Quote from: "bill"
Quote from: "Nikou"
Giving away Worry to a friend as soon as I move

Catch me as Skittles but I won't be on as much anymore

One of their recent posts states that.
It could be a possibility that she's in mid-move and has no current access to a computer and or internet?

i suppose that's true. though, we've had this deadline since mid-march, i'm not sure why it wouldn't dawn on her to contact me about it, given that she never mentioned a move to me.

katy

• Topic Author
nikou
«Reply #12: April 07, 2009, 02:41:11 PM»
Quote from: "Byakko"
Katy, I had the same exact thing happen to me. I traded GD for a life Phoenix and on the same date that your Flox disapeared, the Phoenix was gone.

The reason I didn't say anything about it before now is because she indeed did take measures to rectify the situation and I had a new Phoenix less than a month after it happened (ahead of the deadline she set). She and I kept logging in at opposing times, so I know that getting in touch with her can be difficult. I can guarantee you that she hasn't forgotten and that she is trying her hardest to keep her end of the bargain. She might even already have your Flox back but hasn't been able to reach you and vice-versa.

I hope this was helpful. :)

i've tried to whisper her almost every day on the times she has listed in her signature, and my furc is up and running until well after midnight. i'm sure she's really nice, but i was pretty lenient with her credit card situation and i'm running low on patience. i have bills to pay, too. and $130 is a pretty hefty chunk of change. why she wasn't banned due to this back-charge, i don't know.

Offline RIKKI

nikou
«Reply #13: April 07, 2009, 02:41:25 PM»
and to byakko, I doubt that they're not logging on at opposite times.
i've been looking for nikou myself, and she has not shown up on proxy once.
So, she's been furc MIA since March.

She doesnt appear the type to be a scammer, and when she does show up, I'm sure she'd have no problem in sorting things out with you, Katy.

katy

• Topic Author
nikou
«Reply #14: April 07, 2009, 02:42:58 PM»
Quote from: "bill"
and to byakko, I doubt that they're not logging on at opposite times.
i've been looking for nikou myself, and she has not shown up on proxy once.
So, she's been furc MIA since March.

She doesnt appear the type to be a scammer, and when she does show up, I'm sure she'd have no problem in sorting things out with you, Katy.

one can but hope. ): thanks for the info, though, guys.

Offline Narnia

nikou
«Reply #15: April 07, 2009, 02:56:53 PM»
Looking for WHERE SHE IS, is not a scam. It's a request for information. You either feel you've been scammed and need to follow the approrpiate steps, or you have not been scammed and need to post in a more appropriate forum.

katy

• Topic Author
nikou
«Reply #16: April 07, 2009, 03:29:13 PM»
like where? :/

Sadness

• Topic Author
nikou
«Reply #17: April 08, 2009, 04:10:26 PM»
irrelevant information.

katy

• Topic Author
nikou
«Reply #18: April 08, 2009, 09:08:40 PM»
Looking for WHERE SHE IS, is not a scam. It's a request for information. You either feel you've been scammed and need to follow the approrpiate steps, or you have not been scammed and need to post in a more appropriate forum.

so i'm not allowed to ask if she's scammed anyone else, then, either. since i noticed that you didn't touch on that in your post, even though i mentioned it in mine. and i also mentioned that i had followed the appropriate steps, but you didn't seem to read that part.

so, delete the thread, then.

Offline Aries

nikou
«Reply #19: April 08, 2009, 09:23:39 PM»
katy - i guess you could post this in the 'unarchived' section since her 'alt name' is missing.

Offline Cironir

nikou
«Reply #20: April 09, 2009, 11:42:27 AM»
The player hasn't been in the game since March 14, on any of their alts.

katy

• Topic Author
nikou
«Reply #21: April 09, 2009, 04:23:49 PM»
Quote from: "Cironir"
The player hasn't been in the game since March 14, on any of their alts.

i've been watching for her on my proxy and wondered if i'd missed her at some point, but that confirms that she's MIA.

thanks for the info. :)