supersaver

Author Topic: Scam? Possibly? I'd think smething along those lines!  (Read 3144 times)

Kay!

• Topic Author
Scam? Possibly? I'd think smething along those lines!
«: April 07, 2009, 08:33:23 AM»
Well, since I'm new to FAM, I never had trouble with scams before... Till now x.x [PLEASE NOTE! I am on my grandmother's computer and I have NO LOGS AS OF RIGHT NOW I assure you I will post some when I can.]

I was online, and randomly, a player named Stinker whispered a friend of mine on the alt Runts that I sold to her. Stinker then whispered me, for my friend told her tht I was the one who sold Runts to her.

SO! Stinker then comes at me, harsh and blunt "Give me runts back or I will report you for theft" I was very confused. I remember clearly buying Runts from Raptor atleast a year or so ago[give or take]. Not this Stinker kid. So I ask her for log of the situation so we could solve this easily.

She mocked me, "i dont owe u SHIT lol"

So to get to the point here;

She claimed to be raptor. And she was not. I talked to the real Raptor player and they said I should report her for harassment, and player fraud. I almost lost 30 gd to this moron pretending to threaten me.

I will not take this Stinker kid seriously. and According to raptor she's done this atleast a few times now. I reported her, but kinda wanted to put a warning out there for people.

If there's something I missed, or that I need to put, post here and tell me I have never done a scam alert before :x

Ammy

• Topic Author
«Reply #1: April 07, 2009, 09:28:50 AM»
lol, i would love posting to this, i have the alt "Stinker" and used it awile, never do i remember this, and seconded, i was just talking to Kay and i do not think this is truly her.

i would like to point out the fact that you being "Bier" and posting this out of smite for me posting a thread on you witch i do not like very much =)

as to add, i have heard i am not the only one you done such thing to, and when you get in a bind like you are, you do things such as this. i have gone by "stinker" the past maybe... 4-5 or so months as i bought it off someone awhile back "loved the ref and ports lol" and i just got done talking to Kay "as i said" and she told me she did not want to get into any of this, thus, this is posted.

as well as to adding, maybe a good idea to post actual proof? as i said, hard to believe due to fact i posted a thread on you and you knowing "kay" in real life and share accounts and passes that this may acre.

so you know, you may want to add actual proof =)

Lovedoll

• Topic Author
«Reply #2: April 07, 2009, 09:29:24 AM»
Edit: Ammy beat me to it herself. <.<

I don't know if this is helpful, but I could have sworn that the alt Stinker was involved with something else, but searches on both FAM and FAZ's alert boards turned up empty. o_O I don't remember what it was about anymore, but eh. If anyone knows/remembers...

Edit again: I'm fairly certain that Raptor and Stinker were mentioned in Comico's art alert thread on FAZ, but the message was removed because Ammy said she's not Comico and got a lot of harassment on her end about it all. (Correct me if I'm wrong/edit post if I shouldn't mention it <.<)

Also, I'm assuming that the logs would be whispers, Kay? In which case you'd need to give Kay permission to post those logs if she wanted to present them as proof, as it's against the rules to post them without.

Ammy

• Topic Author
«Reply #3: April 07, 2009, 09:43:09 AM»
Quote from: "Lovedoll"
Edit: Ammy beat me to it herself. <.<

I don't know if this is helpful, but I could have sworn that the alt Stinker was involved with something else, but searches on both FAM and FAZ's alert boards turned up empty. o_O I don't remember what it was about anymore, but eh. If anyone knows/remembers...

Edit again: I'm fairly certain that Raptor and Stinker were mentioned in Comico's art alert thread on FAZ, but the message was removed because Ammy said she's not Comico and got a lot of harassment on her end about it all. (Correct me if I'm wrong/edit post if I shouldn't mention it <.<)

Also, I'm assuming that the logs would be whispers, Kay? In which case you'd need to give Kay permission to post those logs if she wanted to present them as proof, as it's against the rules to post them without.

i may not be 100% certain it was me at that time, like i said, i bought the alt off someone not to long ago. i got back on bout 3-5 months ago (around end of January early February) i went on by the name "RaptorWolf" for awhile and to this day i own that alt, i came across the alt stinker in AI and she was selling it and so on, i like the name and the port so on blahblah so i bought it, i have the alt still and have had no problems with it being taken back or whatnot.

come to see that somehow i was reported for being "Comico" thus i was spammed shitless so i had it taken care of and all was removed on FAZ.

but so on so forth all this was posted manly to counteract my post lol.

Offline Hugo

«Reply #4: April 07, 2009, 09:45:12 AM»
So is Stinker Comico do we think? They were holding a raffle too, I believe. I also recall them harassing a player in logs posted on one of the alert threads.

Ammy

• Topic Author
«Reply #5: April 07, 2009, 09:49:56 AM»
Quote from: "Hugo"
So is Stinker Comico do we think? They were holding a raffle too, I believe. I also recall them harassing a player in logs posted on one of the alert threads.

may have been yes, like i said, i BOUGHT the alt stinker, so the raffle was me till i made my new main Ammy.  If i would have known any of this, i would never have bought the alt lol.

EDIT: that was me on the alert threads, about "Aura" i was new to FAM at the time and didn't know how to go about it lol, i take blame for that lol.

Lovedoll

• Topic Author
«Reply #6: April 07, 2009, 09:58:31 AM»
Quote from: "Hugo"

Well, I don't know. She makes the same typos as Comico does and has the same style of talking. However, nobody but Cironir can confirm that, so.. no witchhunt here. With all the alt trading it may be someone else entirely and we'll never know for sure. P: Edit: lolol nevermind.

I also don't think this thread is a phony thread to 'counter act' yours, Ammy. Kay says she has logs and if they are whisper logs she will need your permission to post them. So if you're really that intent on proof, you could speed up the process by giving her permission asap unless they were public logs.

Ammy

• Topic Author
«Reply #7: April 07, 2009, 10:03:07 AM»
i am talking to Kay in game, she is telling me she didn't post this.

Ammy: your friend posted
Kayce: too...?
Ammy: http://altmarket.net/viewtopic.php?p=384588#384588
Ammy: on YOUR name
Ammy: so you know lol
Kayce: oh. -shrugs-
Kayce: hold on, lemme fix my scanner brb
Sorry, this player is currently offline.
9:45:13 AM Player Kayce has logged off.
9:56:51 AM Player Kayce has logged on.
Ammy: o.o
Ammy: question, can you tell me when "Stinker" whisperd you?
Kayce: A while ago
Ammy: i used RaptorWolf for awile befor i bought that alt
Kayce: I can get you logs when I get back to NC
Ammy: NC o_O?
Kayce: North Carolina
Ammy: lol, kks
Kayce: I'm on vacation in New York atm lol
Ammy: ahh, kks
Ammy: well, can you post to this? they state you have whisper logs and will; show them
Ammy: i have nothing to hide!
Ammy: xD
Ammy: so, you can =P
Ammy: but, you told me your in another state xD
Ammy: so, you may wana look into this, someone osting under your name
Kayce: No, I DID post that
Ammy: can i post these logs?
Kayce: No one, except my feancee(sp?) knows my log in info
Kayce: sure

Offline Sabaton

«Reply #8: April 07, 2009, 10:35:45 AM»
Quote from: "Ammy"

uhm.. i hate to point out, but that says DID, not didn't..

EDIT: i remember also, just maybe a week ago, about someone saying the alt Stinker had tried to scam them mid-trade by adding something to it and then taking it off after they had added theirs and then Stinker accepting.

idk idk idk

Ammy

• Topic Author
«Reply #9: April 07, 2009, 10:42:02 AM»
Quote from: "Tarrence"

uhm.. i hate to point out, but that says DID, not didn't..

wow, lmao, i am blind as a bat xD i swair i thought it said didnt.. my bad!

Kayce: Me, Kayce, made that thread. Idfk if it was you or the origimal owner of stinker that harassed me, but I posted that
Ammy: ohhh.. kks, maybe may wana clear that up xD
Kayce: I doubt it was you, but I think whoever had Stinker before you was in deep shit
Ammy: wow, FUN
Kayce: I will later
Ammy: thanks xD
Kayce: yeah, you may wanna just get everything off that alt and let it rot
Ammy: do i really talk like her =(?
Kayce: No not really
Ammy: i mainly did
Ammy: i took her off my thread =/
Ammy: ima give her to a friend for maybe alt prissy and racoon if she still will
Ammy: i will warn her bout all this tho
Ammy: o.o
* Kayce nodnods
Ammy: so, what bout logs i posted you stating you never posted the thread?
Kayce: eh?
Ammy: look on the thread
Ammy: http://altmarket.net/viewtopic.php?p=384595#384595
Ammy: may wana post to it =P
Kayce: I have logs on my labtop of Stinker whispering me. that I will post once I get home on tuesday
Ammy: kks
Ammy: =)
Kayce: Ima switch computers to color your ports
Ammy: ok
Ammy: can i post on thread so i can show my dededeeness
Ammy: xD
Ammy: i thought you said sisnt.. lmfao..
Kayce: idc
Ammy: have no clue where i got "DIDNT" from "DID" XD

Ammy

• Topic Author
«Reply #10: April 07, 2009, 10:45:15 AM»
EDIT: i remember also, just maybe a week ago, about someone saying the alt Stinker had tried to scam them mid-trade by adding something to it and then taking it off after they had added theirs and then Stinker accepting.

if they have logs, think you can get them to post? i do not remember trading anything at all, i got this alt bout a week ago, and if was so short ago, may have been me and may have been a misunderstanding on both sides, i am unsure.

if you wouldn't mind asking them to post here. only person i think of is "Trugs/Dodge" but, that was another issue.. and i had Ammy at that time.

Offline Sabaton

«Reply #11: April 07, 2009, 10:50:08 AM»

if they have logs, think you can get them to post? i do not remember trading anything at all, i got this alt bout a week ago, and if was so short ago, may have been me and may have been a misunderstanding on both sides, i am unsure.

if you wouldn't mind asking them to post here. only person i think of is "Trugs/Dodge" but, that was another issue.. and i had Ammy at that time.

i'll see if i can find them, myself, and post them.
i have permission, which i will post also if I can manage to find them

Ammy

• Topic Author
«Reply #12: April 07, 2009, 10:59:54 AM»
Quote from: "Tarrence"

i'll see if i can find them, myself, and post them.
i have permission, which i will post also if I can manage to find them

kks, but, if possible, may i ask who? maybe i can state what happened before hand. only person i can think of is trugs/dodge, mind sending a PM on who your talking bout?

Lovedoll

• Topic Author
«Reply #13: April 07, 2009, 03:42:38 PM»
I am mildly confused.

How long ago did this happen, Kay? Stinker seems to have been in Ammy's possession for quite some time, and apparently also had used Raptor for a good while.

With Stinker claiming to be Raptor and it being in your possession for a bit now (as early as Feb 20th, as seen here and no edit date indicating it might have been edited) I highly doubt that you are innocent in this, Ammy. Unless the incident happened before the 20th or someone gained unauthorized access to your alt.

If the latter is the case, be sure to change your email and password so it can't happen again.

Otherwise I don't see any other way how you can be excluded from this, considering even you relation to the alt Raptor.

Edit: Well, I suppose then the information pertaining Comico changing to Raptor, then to Stinker and now to Ammy follows up well then. Game over?

Lovedoll

• Topic Author
«Reply #14: April 07, 2009, 03:48:16 PM»

Bam

• Topic Author
«Reply #15: April 07, 2009, 04:05:12 PM»
i've seen the logs that Dorochet/Envy cannot post. there is little to no doubt in my mind that Ammy is Comico- just as a heads-up for those who cannot view said logs.
Envy, if you would like to summarize those logs for the people who cannot see them, you are more than welcome to do so.

i will edit in a moment with my own story on Comico/Stinker/Raptorwolf/Ammy.

EDIT: ok, so i likewise delt with Ammy when she was under the name Stinker.
she was looking for neopoints as well as items, and seeing as i have a good chunk of both, i figured why the hell not? i then sent her a whisper.
she agreed, as he thread stated, that she had GD, and that the price for neopoints was 60k/1GD- sounded good as that's the typical price.

however at first she said she would offer me 5GD for all of the NP. i told her that by her OWN statement of convergence, that that was not enough to cover nearly a million NP. she simply was like 'oh yea, sorry'.

as i begin going through my items as well, a lot are completely UNBUYABLE by now, most especially some of the old and retired petpets that are worth millions. she wanted them all! sounded good, seeing as she had also stated that she had lifers and whatnot.

when it came around to it, i asked her to post what she was offering for all of this, and this is what she said.
"i have 7gd."

LOL WHAT.
WHAT.
apparently 'that's all she had'

that didn't even pay for the cost of all the neopoints, and i let her know this.

we went back and forth, letting her know that i would give her as many neopoints as she could pay for with what little GD she had, but she wanted no part in it. she wanted ALL of my stuff.

she then admitted she had 15GD, but three was 'going to a friend' and another 5 was supposed to go to a den in some dream? i cared to little at this point and was becoming frustrated as she tried to HONESTLY haggle me down from well over $50+ worth of crap at the absolute lowest reasonable convergence rates down to 7gd.

she then stated she'd throw in roses, and i said no.

then she continued to whisper me, telling me all sorts of things from 'oh wait i have more GD!!' to 'hay, someone just gifted me with three portspaces!' (not to mention those spaces would not be trans for another week even if the story was true.)

i was met with a number of whispers like 'pokes' and 'hey are you there???'. until i finally placed her on ignore.

not a scam, no, however it was more than a little fishy to me, and thus i didn't go through with the trade. i have no doubt in my mind that she was attempting to scam me, and hearing all these other cases where people have had similar problems with her makes me think that my instincts were right. thank god i didn't go through with it.

EDIT2: she seems to prey on the good-hearted people or the naive, either playing their heartstrings with her 'pity-me' sobstories that are no doubt untrue, or telling those who she can convince that what she has is a 'great deal' even if she's screwing them over by hundreds.

Lovedoll

• Topic Author
«Reply #16: April 07, 2009, 04:37:40 PM»
http://www.furcartzone.com/index.php?topic=2764.0

For reference purposes. A confirmation that her behavior from Bam's story is of course typical for her. :)

Bam

• Topic Author
«Reply #17: April 07, 2009, 04:42:47 PM»
thank you, lovedoll for posting that link, makes it easier to relate just how deep this actually goes.

on top of all of this, i advise anyone who is planning trading with her to please reconsider. she claims her 'boyfriend' buys her 100GD a week, though i doubt that is obtained legally (whether or not she is faking being him, thusly setting up her own scapegoat for when this all comes tumbling down and/or using a credit card that is not her own or WHAT, i don't know... but it seems pretty fishy to me.)
just thought everyone should know that there is at least the potential that that GD may not be obtained legally.

Offline Blot

«Reply #18: April 07, 2009, 06:09:52 PM»
Not sure how helpful this is, but if Ammy is RaptorWolf, they have had the alt. Stinker for a while, because I traded them Neopoints for a year Foxen back in February, and the alt. Stinker was the one used to trade me the Foxen.

Edit: What was exactly traded: 150k NP, a Fire Lupe, and a Green Cybunny for the Year Foxen.
The Foxen was traded to me by Stinker to my Vaccination account, and still resides there.

Unfortunately, I can't provide Logs as just last month the husband built me a brand new computer and the other was wiped and sold part by part.

Edit Again: Sorry for all the Edits but I thought I'd throw in that Stinker/RaptorWolf tried to change what was being traded several times, but I stuck to my guns. So perhaps that's why I wasn't scammed.

Offline Zim

«Reply #19: April 07, 2009, 06:17:50 PM»
Quote from: "Twinkles"
Not sure how helpful this is, but if Ammy is RaptorWolf, they have had the alt. Stinker for a while, because I traded them Neopoints for a year Foxen back in February, and the alt. Stinker was the one used to trade me the Foxen.

Their username was Raptorwolf before they changed it to Ammy, so yes... that's the same person.

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Offline Puppy

«Reply #20: April 07, 2009, 06:58:01 PM»
Justtomakesure:

I saw my name somewhere, haven't finished reading - just to clear things up, I am in no way affiliated with any of these parties, rofl. Though I think the "Puppy" mentioned previously was just a nickname for Raptor/Ammy/whomever.

Offline Cironir

«Reply #21: April 07, 2009, 07:16:20 PM»
Running away from responsibility takes a lot more energy and causes far more stress to oneself than simply taking responsibility for one's actions, learning from them, and handling things differently in the future. But it's a choice everyone needs to make for themselves.

So this is optional. Threatening and harassing people in an attempt to get their alts is however against the rules, and if I hear more about this, I'll have to put a stop to it. It's really not very different from trying to trick people into giving out their passwords. We suspend for that.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #22: April 07, 2009, 07:44:55 PM»
This thread is locked. I don't believe any more useful information can be posted at this point.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."