supersaver

Author Topic: NEW RULE: On "change the email or i take my alt back!!!  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Zodiac

Time and time again I see in peoples threads messages that claim something along the lines of "CHANGE THE EMAIL AND PASSWORD OR I HAVE THE RIGHT TO TAKE THE ALT BACK!" as some kind of scare tactic into forcing people to change the info on alts after trades.

Starting now, FAM will not condone this practice. It's wrong, and a shitty thing to do to someone for not changing the info. Warning or not this is borderline scamming, and if you want alts off your email THAT badly then change the email to a fake one BEFORE you make the trade. Many people are tired of seeing these stupid disclaimers around the site.

Bluff or no bluff, it is wrong. Its bad business, and anyone who actually DOES take the alt back for someone not changing the email is a scam artist in my book. We will not allow you to use your FAM posts as an excuse as to why you've just scammed someone, simply because you stated your own self-given rights. A community standard is being put in place, and if you don't like it then don't be a part of the community.

So, heres your warning folks. You will be given a short time to sort out your threads, just as when we changed the bump rules and the NFT rules, but once this has settled in if we catch it your thread will be locked.

Offline Zodiac

NEW RULE: On "change the email or i take my alt back!!!
«Reply #1: April 02, 2009, 04:21:37 PM»
USE OF A FAKE EMAIL:

Before you trade an alt, if you think your world is going to end if the person does not change the email immediately after getting the alt, you can easily avoid this kind of apocalypse! Simply log on the alt, and type the following into the furcadia chat screen:

setemail [email protected]

USE OF A FAKE EMAIL:

Before you trade an alt, if you think your world is going to end if the person does not change the email immediately after getting the alt, you can easily avoid this kind of apocalypse! Simply log on the alt, and type the following into the furcadia chat screen:

Then hit enter. Problem solved.

If this is too hard to understand, here is an active example:

(17:19) Your email address has been changed to [email protected]. Within the next hour, you will receive a confirmation email. Please make sure to click on the verification link on it, or go to (URL: http://www.furcadia.com/services/confirm/) http://www.furcadia.com/services/confirm/ and enter the password provided. If you do not confirm your email address within a few days, your Furcadia character may be  temporarily frozen until you do confirm it.

Once you have done this, it is no longer your problem what happens to the alt. Its off your precious life giving email account, and if the person you trade it to fails to change it and they lose it due to nonconfirmation, its their own fault.

For those of you worried about people changing the email for reasons such as "I don't want my alts to rot" or anything OTHER than it being simply off your email, then you should probably reconsider selling the alts if you care that much about what happens to it after you let it go. Anything but stooping so low as to steal it back.
Then hit enter. Problem solved.

If this is too hard to understand, here is an active example:

(17:19) Your email address has been changed to [email protected]. Within the next hour, you will receive a confirmation email. Please make sure to click on the verification link on it, or go to (URL: http://www.furcadia.com/services/confirm/) http://www.furcadia.com/services/confirm/ and enter the password provided. If you do not confirm your email address within a few days, your Furcadia character may be  temporarily frozen until you do confirm it.

Once you have done this, it is no longer your problem what happens to the alt. Its off your precious life giving email account, and if the person you trade it to fails to change it and they lose it due to nonconfirmation, its their own fault.

Offline Narnia

NEW RULE: On "change the email or i take my alt back!!!
«Reply #2: April 02, 2009, 05:06:15 PM»
I'm unlocking this in case there are questions or concerns. I'm hoping there are none with such a simple policy.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

supersaver