supersaver

Author Topic: Grudges  (Read 2190 times)

Offline Mystery

Grudges
«: February 27, 2009, 05:14:00 PM»
Awhile ago I met someone on furcadia who thought they were the reincarnation of jesus, So for about a month everytime I got on she got on i had to deal with he trying to start shit or continue a fight that was already over. After a series of events where she realized everyone hated her she quit furc. I havn't seen nor talked to this person in about 4-5 months and recently she messages me trying to start shit again. I didn't feel like dealing with it so I used the oh-so-powerful ignore button.

Honestly it's childish for someone to hold a grudge even for THAT long, or even to come back and start more drama.

What are your thoughts?

Offline Mystery

Grudges
«Reply #1: February 27, 2009, 05:15:41 PM»
Sorry for any typos

hurrrrrrrrrr

Grudges
«Reply #2: February 27, 2009, 05:49:05 PM»
get your kicks on route 66

Offline Julie

Grudges
«Reply #3: February 28, 2009, 02:39:53 AM»
i'm a person that holds huge grudges. but not over a silly little computer game. only on things that matter--such as people who make fun of me constantly when i do nothing to them to provoke such an attitude, yell at me when theyre trying to take out anger that started from someone ELSE, etcetc. i don't forgive easily and it's likely i won't talk to you.

however 'childish' she may be acting, though, i would just tell her to get over it and move on.

by the way, you might want to edit your post so it doesnt seem like you're trying to attack her on fam. mods dont like that much :oops:

Offline Zim

Grudges
«Reply #4: February 28, 2009, 02:47:22 AM»
Quote from: "Driver Is The Greatest"
get your kicks on route 66

If you have nothing intelligent or relevant to add, don't post.

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Offline Hugo

Grudges
«Reply #5: February 28, 2009, 08:14:59 AM»
I'm usually very patient and can forgive a lot but if someone goes out of their way to needlessly be a j-hole I will hold that to them just about forever. Same goes for thieves who should already know better, I've always got my eyes on them from the first time it happens even if they become popular later.

Offline bing

Grudges
«Reply #6: February 28, 2009, 10:17:45 AM»
Quote from: "Chuck."
i'm a person that holds huge grudges. but not over a silly little computer game. only on things that matter--such as people who make fun of me constantly when i do nothing to them to provoke such an attitude, yell at me when theyre trying to take out anger that started from sonene ELSE, etcetc. i don't forgive easily and it's likely i won't talk to you.

however 'childish' she may be acting, though, i would just tell her to get over it and move on.

by the way, you might want to edit your post so it doesnt seem like you're trying to attack her on fam. mods dont like that much :oops:

Offline Mystery

Grudges
«Reply #7: February 28, 2009, 10:20:24 AM»
Quote from: "Chuck."

This post wasn't intended to "attack" the person. It was meant to express the situation, If it came off as me attacking this person, I apologize.

Offline Sebbi

Grudges
«Reply #8: February 28, 2009, 04:23:55 PM»
I hold grudges.
I've dealt with too much in my life to let people get by with being assholes anymore. After a while (y'know, like, YEARS) it gets to be horrendously tiring.

So...fuck up once, I may forgive and just be wary.
Fuck up twice? I just won't associate with said person any longer.
Fuck up three times? It's likely I'll just fucking explode and I am not a nice angry person.

Offline Sphinx

Grudges
«Reply #9: March 01, 2009, 01:31:45 AM»
Typically, I'm pretty forgiving. Probably to the point that it makes me stupid. =/ Someone has really got to treat me like shit to cause me to hold a grudge. It's happened with like, two or three people since I graduated high school... As for the school years, yeah, most of the children were complete douche bags, but I guess that's to be expected.

Deacon  |  Mizuki  |  Sphinx }
{ Digos for Sale }

Offline Alexandra

Grudges
«Reply #10: March 01, 2009, 07:05:11 AM»
I /try/ not to hold grudges, and I /try/ to be the better person in the situation but sometimes even having a bad dream where a person I know does something unforgiveable or annoying tends to change my attitude toward them when I'm awake.

I'm naturally naive and I'd like to think everybody on earth is a kind, truthful person so I've been deceived many times to the point where I just wanted to be antisocial because I'm so paranoid of just how bad lies can get.

But nonetheless, yeah I hold grudges. For an unbearably long time (for my part) and most likely for inconsistant, stupid reasons (through their eyes). I'm more of a realistic person when it comes to friendships and relationships, I'm not going to talk to you unless you say sorry lol. Then after that I'll just be suspicious.

BOOOOOOO I HOPE THIS POST IS RELEVENT

edit: typos :c

Offline Kairi

Grudges
«Reply #11: March 01, 2009, 09:49:55 AM»
Quote from: "Alexandra"
I'm naturally naive and I'd like to think everybody on earth is a kind, truthful person so I've been deceived many times to the point where I just wanted to be antisocial because I'm so paranoid of just how bad lies can get.

I used to be the same way (although I think that's something I never really will get rid of)... and ever since I've "changed", it's become pretty easy. HOWEVERRR my friends are getting bitchy because I'm no longer their little puppet. It's like, "oh hey can I have a ride?" and I'm all, "hey, lol, gots gas $$??" and then they get all, "no but you never wanted it before BLAH BLAH BLAH ANGRY FACE GRRR"

back on topic.

I tend to hold grudges not very often. Only a few people have hit my "shit list" (I can think of only two) and even then I won't confront them or do anything to upset them, a.k.a. beating them up (hehe :) ). Not liking someone is so much easier when you avoid them!

Offline Sheikah

Grudges
«Reply #12: March 02, 2009, 01:36:16 PM»
I just think they're stupid and childish.  They ruin friendships and upset people, and cause all kinds of nasty funk that's totally unnecessary.  But, eventually, everybody outgrows their old shit list and just moves on with their life.  The way I see it, life's too short to spend it seething with old, outdated anger at somebody. o:

Offline Blot

Grudges
«Reply #13: March 04, 2009, 03:02:56 PM»
I hold grudges for a long time.
But you have to do something MAJOR to get me to that point.
Like my ex-roommate, who not only got the hubby and I in large amouts of debt, but threatened to punch me in the stomach, while I'm pregnant, just because I'm not doing what he wants.
Usually on Furc. though, there are three stages before a slight grudge.
I'll politely ask you to stop what ever your doing to bother me. {Like, Being all affectionate and OoC RPing. That's one that bothers me majorly :|}
If that doesn't work, I'll be a bit meaner and give you a second warning to stop.
After that? Ignore.
Only if you make it an issue by annoying me on alts will I hold a grudge against you.

Erde

Grudges
«Reply #14: March 04, 2009, 05:17:33 PM»
I only really hold grudges for what I believe to be decent reasons (i.e. if someone told me a huge lie).  If they show me they've learned from their mistakes, or are a completely different/more mature person than who I knew before, I will probably forgive them.  But after the second time, it's likely I will hold a grudge much longer.

Offline Altria

Grudges
«Reply #15: March 06, 2009, 01:05:40 AM»
Grudges are not pleasant things to hold but I'm pretty sure everyone has at least one at some point in time.

Offline Billie

Grudges
«Reply #16: March 07, 2009, 11:25:26 PM»
if you upset me, i'll remember it. forever. :B

Offline Crowling

Grudges
«Reply #17: April 23, 2009, 05:32:06 PM»
i rarely hold grudges, unless given a good reason, especially regarding friends i'm close to. like, if someone upset or tried to tear them down repeatedly, i'd be unhappy. other things are usually people insulting me or doing the guilty by association thing to use as a reason to treat me like shit. i especially can't stand if they do something that i cant even think of forgiving, along with continuing to do things to tick me off. like continue with it/talking to me, even if they told me they wouldnt contact me again.

i only have a handful of people i wouldnt forgive, ever. it may be considered pretty immature to some people especially over an online game, but if they do something i wont forgive, then ill hold a grudge for a long time.
[/size]

Joel

Re: Grudges
«Reply #18: April 27, 2009, 03:35:41 PM»
Awhile ago I met someone on furcadia who thought they were the reincarnation of jesus
Sounds like a troll.

Anyways, I never hold grudges. I don't know why, regardless if It's childish or not. But I'm likely to be more occupied with a childish grudge than a mature one.

Offline ADALEINE

«Reply #19: April 28, 2009, 01:00:14 PM»
i hold grudges like a mother fucker

i dont care if its childish. i hold them. i hate people, its pretty obvious im a lonely person so grudges are the only thing i have that keep me happy :33

Senny

«Reply #20: April 28, 2009, 04:06:44 PM»
I've only got two grudges - one on someone who made 8 years of my childhood hell out of malicious delight, and my ex for certain things tactlessly done. I still talk to him, but it's not exactly flowers and primroses

Vince

«Reply #21: April 28, 2009, 05:37:27 PM»
i don't care enough about people to hold grudges. they aren't worth my time.

Offline Jearu

«Reply #22: April 29, 2009, 03:05:43 PM»
I hold grudges and I usually make sure the person who is on the opposite end knows it.
Most of my grudges are for messing with a family member or friend or disloyalty.

A couple years back I got into a huge fight with my uncle because he was basically calling my mom incompetent in parenting and trying to run her life while dad was away on business. And getting into my business of past experiences. Nearly three years later and he's still trying to make up for it. Not gonna happen. Shit List for life. :D

I don't hold grudges online. I may be mad and ignore you for a while but I get over it pretty quick. I think just think it's stupid.. plus, there's no satisfaction for it online.
Wanting life owl, woolie, rabben, and classics.

Offline Alexandra

«Reply #23: May 03, 2009, 07:03:22 PM»
if you upset me, i'll remember it. forever. :B

this ;___;

supersaver