supersaver

Author Topic: Obama, Good or bad job so far  (Read 3396 times)

Offline Mystery

Obama, Good or bad job so far
«: February 22, 2009, 11:40:04 AM»
In my opinion (although i was cheering for him,) is making more bad desicions then good.

Any thoughts on how he's doing so far?


Erde

Obama, Good or bad job so far
«Reply #1: February 22, 2009, 03:12:43 PM»
Well, since he's only been in office for a month, I don't expect much from him right now.

The bonus-cap he put on large corporations of 500k was a GREAT idea, though.

So I guess.. so far, so good.  I know he won't fix ALL our problems, but he's got the right idea so far.

Offline Mystery

Obama, Good or bad job so far
«Reply #2: February 22, 2009, 03:37:55 PM»
Yes but the stimulas package is only putting construction workers back to work, how long will that last? 2 years maybe? I just think we can come up with a better plan

Offline Creek

Obama, Good or bad job so far
«Reply #3: February 22, 2009, 04:45:50 PM»
Well, he also has a huge Stimulus for schools at the moment. I think he, personally, has done a great job so far. This is only the first month. Things probably have to take effect.

Though personally, i dont like the Afghan troop sending thingy idea...>>
I NO LONGER LOG ONTO FURCADIA

Offline Narnia

Obama, Good or bad job so far
«Reply #4: February 22, 2009, 07:53:17 PM»
Quote from: "Revok"
Yes but the stimulas package is only putting construction workers back to work, how long will that last? 2 years maybe? I just think we can come up with a better plan


Okay, I'll take the bait. What's the better plan then? If you have a better plan, let's discuss it.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Julie

Obama, Good or bad job so far
«Reply #5: February 22, 2009, 09:37:36 PM»
Quote from: "Narnia"
Quote from: "Revok"
Yes but the stimulas package is only putting construction workers back to work, how long will that last? 2 years maybe? I just think we can come up with a better plan


Okay, I'll take the bait. What's the better plan then? If you have a better plan, let's discuss it.


seconded narnia. and who knows, maybe it'll create some MORE jobs after construction?

and as been said, it's not too far into his presidency. one month? not long enough to tell how he's doing. at least he's doing something about the economy and jobs.

he's acknowledged that this won't be fixed in one term, and i think that's the kind of reality we need.

Offline SULLY

Obama, Good or bad job so far
«Reply #6: February 23, 2009, 01:49:11 PM»
i'm on the "wait and see what happens before i get a big dick and flap my gums" train

Offline Sync

Obama, Good or bad job so far
«Reply #7: February 23, 2009, 02:42:42 PM»
Quote from: "sully"
i'm on the "wait and see what happens before i get a big dick and flap my gums" train

Offline Narnia

Obama, Good or bad job so far
«Reply #8: February 23, 2009, 03:02:12 PM»
I do know one thing, I appreciate that he is running the country instead of vacationing in Texas like some other president we used to have.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Lovedoll

Obama, Good or bad job so far
«Reply #9: February 23, 2009, 04:29:44 PM»
Rome wasn't built in a day. And not everything is as it seems.

Sometimes things that seem like unlikely or bad decisions work out in your favor in the future. These things take time to take effect, so to expect something serious to happen one month later seems a bit too much.

I think a discussion like this is best held one year from now when there is actually something to base an argument on.

Offline Hugo

Obama, Good or bad job so far
«Reply #10: February 23, 2009, 06:55:10 PM»
I like what he's up to so far considering the public hasn't had the courtesy to give him his 100 days.

But I have noticed that the people who supported him ravenously are now extremely critical of him. Weird.

Anyway yea. Good job, Obama. But I won't be a screaming fan; it's still politics.

_________________

Offline Altria

Obama, Good or bad job so far
«Reply #11: February 23, 2009, 11:02:53 PM»
Obama himself said that this recovery process would take a very, very long time, and it may not even happen while he's in office.

Like someone else said, he's only been in office for a very short time. Anyone who expects someone to work an instant miracle that benefits everybody out of the current situation is very delusional.

It took the last administration a couple of years to get us into this mess, and it's going to take many more to get us out.
contact: altria, meiko

Offline Cristina

Obama, Good or bad job so far
«Reply #12: February 25, 2009, 12:56:56 PM»
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqkMfToY9Pk&eurl=http://www.infowars.com/keyes-stop-obama-or-us-will-cease-to-exist/
^ This guy makes me furious

But anyways, I think its ridiculous for people to be passing judgment on Obama as to whether he is doing the right thing or not when he barely been in office for 2 months. If some people think that they can restore an extremely damaged economy in 2 months, I don't understand why they haven't run for president yet...

We wont even know if the things Obama puts into action now are going to be effective until the end of this term, anyways. Some people need to chill out.

Vince

Obama, Good or bad job so far
«Reply #13: February 25, 2009, 03:06:54 PM»
god forbid someone doesn't like obama and is voicing his opinion freely. obama is a socialist and not an "extreme communist" ~_~

anyway... as someone who opposes a very large amount of government involvement in my every day life, i'm going to have to say that i feel he was doing a bad job from when he announced that he was going to run. :~(

now, this isn't obama's fault. we were all heading into a socialist government for a rather long time, and it's to the point where we are turning into most of socialist europe.

(oh no i don't follow obama like some messiah fucking kill me on account of treason)

Offline Crowe

Obama, Good or bad job so far
«Reply #14: February 25, 2009, 04:07:31 PM»
i find shutting down the Guantanamo Bay prison holding some of the worst terrorists in the world and letting the terrorists go back to their respectable homes is not a bright idea. He made this happen in one week of presidency. it will take a year to finish but it shows he can do quite a bit in a month. I don't think the terrorists will be like oh no problem for locking me up in a military base and torturing me even though I am homicidal and hate america i promise i won't be back, see ya! It really isn't a bright decision. Sure the base costs a lot of money but instead of cutting some useless to our protection checks down  for this Military prison (Baseball, Football, Celebrity, Athlete checks) we decide to close it down and send them on their way!  Just shows how America puts entertainment and pure VANITY before the safety of the country.

Offline Julie

Obama, Good or bad job so far
«Reply #15: February 25, 2009, 04:14:03 PM»
Quote from: "Queer"
i find shutting down the Guantanamo Bay prison holding some of the worst terrorists in the world and letting the terrorists go back to their respectable homes is not a bright idea. He made this happen in one week of presidency. it will take a year to finish but it shows he can do quite a bit in a month. I don't think the terrorists will be like oh no problem for locking me up in a military base and torturing me even though I am homicidal and hate america i promise i won't be back, see ya! It really isn't a bright decision. Sure the base costs a lot of money but instead of cutting some useless to our protections checks down a bit for this Military prison (Baseball, Football, Celebrity, Athlete checks) we decide to close it down and send them on their way! Just shows how America puts entertainment and pure VANITY before the safety of the country.


it's not just because of funding why it was shut down--it was also because of morals. do we really want to tell countries "hey we torture people off of our mainland ololol"? god forbid we don't need more countries turning against us because of our actions. if this turns in to a world war, not -just- because of guantamo bay but because of other things that could happen, it can SERIOUSLY alter history. example? had germany won the first world war, hitler would ((likely)) not have risen to power. alterations like that.

guantanamo bay doesn't do us much good, either way. you know why we searched for 'weapons of mass destruction'? because a prisoner in GB told us there were 'wmd's there. look what it's done.

i dont think we're RELEASING these prisoners, are we? i believe i heard we were moving them to other prisons.

Offline Crowe

Obama, Good or bad job so far
«Reply #16: February 25, 2009, 04:40:09 PM»
Prisoners are being released - and if a prisoner is the reason why we searched for WMD and it caused all this then i'd imagine it would be worse with them free. There are plenty of other faults in him - but hopefully he isn't like bush.

Offline Cristina

Obama, Good or bad job so far
«Reply #17: February 25, 2009, 04:46:02 PM»
Quote from: "Queer"
Prisoners are being released - and if a prisoner is the reason why we searched for WMD and it caused all this then i'd imagine it would be worse with them free. There are plenty of other faults in him - but hopefully he isn't like bush.


I didnt know about this, can you refer me to a source that states this?

Offline alice

Obama, Good or bad job so far
«Reply #18: February 25, 2009, 05:03:41 PM»
Quote from: "sully"
i'm on the "wait and see what happens before i get a big dick and flap my gums" train

Offline Zim

Obama, Good or bad job so far
«Reply #19: February 25, 2009, 05:32:27 PM»
Please keep replies relevant and intelligent.

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Offline LSD

Obama, Good or bad job so far
«Reply #20: February 25, 2009, 07:35:03 PM»
i think hes been very successful
and productive
alts in thread, quitting


Offline Zodiac

Obama, Good or bad job so far
«Reply #21: February 25, 2009, 08:13:08 PM»
I haven't been following it too much, but I would like to point out to the people saying "he has only been there a month" and such.. In all past presidencies, some of the most important steps taken that have led the way through the patterns of success or failure have all happened within the first 100 days of their presidency, which is what Hugo was referring to earlier.

Offline Narnia

Obama, Good or bad job so far
«Reply #22: February 25, 2009, 10:33:18 PM»
Quote from: "legolas"
god forbid someone doesn't like obama and is voicing his opinion freely. obama is a socialist and not an "extreme communist" ~_~

anyway... as someone who opposes a very large amount of government involvement in my every day life, i'm going to have to say that i feel he was doing a bad job from when he announced that he was going to run. :~(

now, this isn't obama's fault. we were all heading into a socialist government for a rather long time, and it's to the point where we are turning into most of socialist europe.

(oh no i don't follow obama like some messiah fucking kill me on account of treason)


Just out of curiosity, did you vote?

My number one pet peeve is people who critic public officials but don't take it upon themselves to fulfill their civic duty of voting.


Quote from: "Queer"
Guantanamo Bay arguments

Your arguments about Guantanamo Bay are simply illogical. That detention camp was started in 1987 as a way for us to abuse people that we classified (wrongly or not) as enemy combatants. Basically, if you were from another country and we didn't like you then you were an enemy combatant. You were held, without the benefit of a trial to determine your rights and freedoms. In a country that preaches how every human should be entitled to their court to prove their innocence, the existence of such a camp in our control is unfathomable. I'm glad that he has closed the camp. If someone there truly was an enemy of the state they were surely tried and convicted by now. The remaining detainees are most likely innocent.

Please take a moment to think about your arguments before you make them. Thinking includes looking at the history behind the topic and the present and future implications of the policy changes. Please don't assume that because they are detainees they are bad people. Our own justice system proves every day that innocent people are behind bars.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Vince

Obama, Good or bad job so far
«Reply #23: February 25, 2009, 10:34:36 PM»
yes, i voted.

Lovedoll

Obama, Good or bad job so far
«Reply #24: February 25, 2009, 11:14:41 PM»
Quote from: "Turquoise"
I haven't been following it too much, but I would like to point out to the people saying "he has only been there a month" and such.. In all past presidencies, some of the most important steps taken that have led the way through the patterns of success or failure have all happened within the first 100 days of their presidency, which is what Hugo was referring to earlier.


True, but I also pointed out that some decisions take some time to take proper effect. Just because something sounds bad right now doesn't mean it won't be good in the long run. With a lot of things in life, sometimes things need to get worse before they get better.

Though one is left to wonder how 'worse' does the present situation any good... <.<

 

supersaver