supersaver

Author Topic: What would you do if Furcadia shut down tomorrow?  (Read 13120 times)

Offline Altria

What would you do if Furcadia shut down tomorrow?
«: January 13, 2009, 07:03:53 AM»
This is a question that always keeps me wondering. Many of us have invested a lot of time and money into Furcadia, but what would we do if Furcadia suddenly said, for example, "We no longer have enough money to continue running Furcadia", or something like that? I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts.

Offline Sync

«Reply #1: January 13, 2009, 08:40:11 AM»
i would be sad cause i've wasted so much money on this stupid game.

Offline alice

«Reply #2: January 13, 2009, 08:51:13 AM»
Quote from: "Sync"

Offline anathema

«Reply #3: January 13, 2009, 01:05:38 PM»
Quote from: "alice"

-money
+time

Bam

«Reply #4: January 13, 2009, 01:10:11 PM»
i'd be more mad that i don't have all my friends from Furc on my MSN/AIM yet and it would be a bitch to hunt them all down.

i'd probably just wander over to WoW in my spare time.
i can't honestly say i wouldn't miss it though, even if it's usually just running in the background while i do other things.

Offline Emeraude

«Reply #5: January 13, 2009, 01:17:19 PM»
i'd be a bit dicked about whatever purchases i had made but i don't think i'd lament furc's death for weeks

i more or less use it as a snazzy chat box because i don't really RP

Moni

«Reply #6: January 13, 2009, 01:36:12 PM»
Quote from: "alice"

Offline Jenni

«Reply #7: January 13, 2009, 01:43:46 PM»
other than regretting the aforementioned, i'd simply get off the computer and do more productive things with my life.

Offline Dio

«Reply #8: January 13, 2009, 02:29:15 PM»
Keep doing what I normally do. I don't live on furc so my life wouldn't be shattered and reduced to some anti social wasteland were it to shut down and I've spent about 10 bucks total over the past few years so I would not be writing in a pit of woe for loosing hundreds (or more) of dollars.  :wink:
FA - Link

Offline Zim

«Reply #9: January 13, 2009, 03:35:37 PM»
Quote from: "Bam"

i'd probably just wander over to WoW in my spare time.
i can't honestly say i wouldn't miss it though, even if it's usually just running in the background while i do other things.

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Vince

«Reply #10: January 13, 2009, 03:49:23 PM»
i'd be a lil mad cuz of the time and money i spent it on but oh well it was just to make things a lil more pleasurable ~_~

i'd just play tf2 and l4d all day

Offline Mala

«Reply #11: January 13, 2009, 06:21:42 PM»
be like aw man there goes my ten bucks.

but it wouldnt really affect me that much. i'd probably be pissed if i didn't save any ports/character art i had on them though. whatever.

Sorbet

«Reply #12: January 13, 2009, 08:45:24 PM»
I would be extremely sad, seeing as I have met most of my best friends here on Furc. I would keep in contact with them in other ways, but I don't think it would be the same.
Furc is also one of my creative outlets. It keeps me from going completely insane when the troubles of real life keep me down.

Offline MAU

«Reply #13: January 13, 2009, 08:50:01 PM»
Quote from: "Sorbet"
I would be extremely sad, seeing as I have met most of my best friends here on Furc. I would keep in contact with them in other ways, but I don't think it would be the same.
Furc is also one of my creative outlets. It keeps me from going completely insane when the troubles of real life keep me down.

Offline Hugo

«Reply #14: January 13, 2009, 09:23:01 PM»
I'd only be bummed that I didn't get to unload my alts on people dumb enough to buy them. Oh well.

Offline LSD

«Reply #15: January 14, 2009, 01:12:26 AM»
Quote from: "Hugo"
I'd only be bummed that I didn't get to unload my alts on people dumb enough to buy them. Oh well.
:lol:
alts in thread, quitting

Lovedoll

«Reply #16: January 14, 2009, 01:43:58 AM»
I'd be wondering why the hell DEP couldn't inform us up front so we could say goodbye and get our shit sorted in a timely fashion.

And wonder where the thousands of dollars went to cause such a sudden downfall. It wouldn't make sense for Furc to shut down tomorrow without notice and with the funds they are quite obviously getting. (Not that they're rich bastards or anything, but obviously they're making enough to keep things rolling!)

Aside from that, I'd go remake my chars on SL or continue roleplaying on my forums. And grief a little at the fact I still have several years worth of digos that are wasted.

Offline Hunny

«Reply #17: January 14, 2009, 01:54:04 AM»
I wouldn't really care that much.
I don't play it as much as I used to. I only log on like.. maybe once or twice every one or two weeks?
All of the friends I have on there I can contact through MSN, AIM, dA and shit.
I've spent a lot of money on it though so it'd be kind of a waste.

Vince

«Reply #18: January 14, 2009, 02:11:39 AM»
Quote from: "Starri"
I'd be wondering why the hell DEP couldn't inform us up front so we could say goodbye and get our shit sorted in a timely fashion.

i think by "shut down tomorrow" she means "shutting down over a period of time." because it'd be a real pain on the ass to shut things down all of a sudden. jeez. taking things so literally.

Lovedoll

«Reply #19: January 14, 2009, 02:59:42 AM»
Quote from: "WORM"
Quote from: "Starri"

i think by "shut down tomorrow" she means "shutting down over a period of time." because it'd be a real pain on the ass to shut things down all of a sudden. jeez. taking things so literally.

Jeez. Always picking on people. #SQ A lot of people wrote replies indicating the shutdown would be sudden, so kindly get off my back k?

Vince

«Reply #20: January 14, 2009, 03:24:02 AM»
it's not like furcadia wouldn't give any sort of warning #SG

Offline Jearu

«Reply #21: January 14, 2009, 03:39:06 AM»
I'd be pretty pissed that years of time, money (aka digos earned), and effort (getting most wanted alts) were gone, but only for a short time. I do have a life to live.

For awhile now Furc has been running in the background while I do other stuff. It's pretty much used as a messenger for keeping in touch with friends who don't use MSN or AIM.. unless I'm RPing, which isn't often.
Wanting life owl, woolie, rabben, and classics.

Aku

«Reply #22: January 14, 2009, 06:33:41 AM»
I'd be hella pissed because I'm currently working on my first, full-fledged dream #SI

Then, to be honest, I'd miss it for a bit ]:
and it'd force me to be more talkative on MSN/AIM etc.

Offline Hugo

«Reply #23: January 14, 2009, 09:29:27 AM»
Quote from: "WORM"
it's not like furcadia wouldn't give any sort of warning #SG
LOL, are you sure? They wouldn't be making a dime off of informing people. Why would they bother keeping the game up when it costs them out of pocket and clearly no one would be buying digos? (Well, maybe Cruncher)

Vince

«Reply #24: January 14, 2009, 09:49:55 AM»
Quote from: "Hugo"
Why would they bother keeping the game up when it costs them out of pocket and clearly no one would be buying digos? (Well, maybe Cruncher)

that's.. not relevant to my comment??

supersaver