supersaver

Author Topic: Advice Please on a Broken trade agreement.  (Read 1213 times)

Offline Unicorn

Advice Please on a Broken trade agreement.
«: January 07, 2009, 10:35:30 PM»
So, heres the mush.

Awhile ago (a few months into 08 i believe.) my older sister, (she and i share this account) sold her alt Nightworks (ported 8 times) to Ark for the alt Mythrill (ported x1)
A trade agreement was envoked, I was there (on a different computer, this is a new computer.) The agreement was if Ark EVER decided to quit or sell Night, to inform my sister (Mythrill) and give her a chance to either buy Night back or Night be returned to her.

Few weeks later, I see Nightworks in AI, new desc ( a total noobish one btw ) and new colors. I become suspicious and tell my sister. My sister confronts Ark ( who i believe then had a new alt, I cant remember that well. ) Ark informed my sister that she had sold Nightworks.

The trade agreement was broken, and I read in another thread that breaking an agreement is basically scamming.

Unfortunately, the computer that held the logs of the transaction were lost when the computer shit the bed and never turned back on.

By now, Nightworks has been passed around and probably impossible to acquire. I talked to Guardians and they couldnt help me. ._. Advice? Please?

Vince

«Reply #1: January 07, 2009, 10:38:18 PM»
you can't do anything really except write a very angry review!!

Offline Jearu

«Reply #2: January 07, 2009, 10:46:25 PM»
I'm a firm follower of trading agreements, I've never broken them myself but others have against me.. it really sucks. And I hate to break it to you but there's really nothing you can do about it. Your sister sold Nightworks, even with the agreement Ark had ownership of the alt was allowed to do as he/she pleases with it. Since Nightworks is in the hands of someone else who traded for it fair and square (I hope), the only option you have is to buy it back from that person.

Ark broke aaaa.. promise but c'est la vie.
Wanting life owl, woolie, rabben, and classics.

Tala

«Reply #3: January 08, 2009, 10:43:36 AM»
I bought Ark from Nightworks MONTHS ago, almost a year actually. Gave it to a good friend of mine whom seems to pop onto it randomly.

Edit I actually Bought ark from Nightworks mid January of 08, so if it was a few months in when Nightworks got Ark then that couldn't be.

I know this isn't about Ark but you couldn't have traded to the alt Ark if you indeed did trade months into 08. Thats just my two bits.

Mythical

«Reply #4: January 08, 2009, 12:20:43 PM»
i had nightworks, and by no means did i know it wasn't supposed to be passed around.
had it been, like with junebug, i would of given it back, despite what i paid.

Offline Unicorn

«Reply #5: January 08, 2009, 07:13:40 PM»
Night was specially ported by my sister who is also her creator as well. I should have posted this sooner, but ive spent that time trying to hunt Nightworks down so I can maybe convince the owner to give Night back because I owe my sister so much ;-; and it was her Bday recently.

Id probably hand over all my ported alts and digos for Night back ._.

Offline Gengar

«Reply #6: January 10, 2009, 09:59:04 PM»
i owned nightworks at one point too, for a bit. i can't remember who i bought it off of, or who i sold it to. but i did clear a few of her ports, so she was ported 4 or 5 times rather than 8. idk where she is now.. but you can't really do much.
SELLING FORMER NFT/DNBS
BUNCH OF LIFERS FOR SALE
Discord Group / DM, Tumblr @ dvoyd, PM

Offline Cigarette

«Reply #7: January 11, 2009, 07:15:09 AM»
i think your best bet would be to just put nightworks on an online list, and wait for it to come online.

-statin'theobvious-
contacts: cigarette.