supersaver

Author Topic: Should straight people have gay/lesbian oriented alts?  (Read 2719 times)

Offline Douche

Should straight people have gay/lesbian oriented alts?
«: January 01, 2009, 03:29:51 AM»
Personally, I just like to hear people's opinions on this matter. I  do not really understand why someone who is COMPLETELY straight would find it amusing to have an lesbian or gay oriented character. How could it excite you being in a relationship with the same sex if you are straight? WHY?

Why would you want to be something you are not when you don't even enjoy the same sexes anatomy in the first place and think it is wrong to be with the same sex?

Some answers and opinions people. :shock:
Contact on: Douche, Asmund or Voorn
~Alts For Sale~

Black Rain

«Reply #1: January 01, 2009, 04:06:16 AM»
Because some people prefer to seek out different experiences.

So I could be a 10 foot chimera demon vampire shape shifter that's a herm but is a lesbian even though I am myself Real Life a straight, merely because I want the experience of actualy roleplaying that type of a character.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #2: January 01, 2009, 08:21:26 AM»
It's called role playing.

Just like I don't understand how someone who is human can find any enjoyment out of being a feral dog.

/thread
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Lovedoll

«Reply #3: January 01, 2009, 09:15:41 AM»
My character =/= me.

Roleplay =/= real life.

If you take what happens in a roleplay to such dramatic personal levels... well, let's just say it's a very sad thing to do. A roleplay is like writing a fictional book, that's all you need to understand to get why people have characters with different sexual orientations.

Bam

«Reply #4: January 01, 2009, 09:49:51 AM»
i really hate people who take something like the character i play on this game as an accurate representation of me irl...

rp =/= rl

Offline Jenni

«Reply #5: January 01, 2009, 12:01:04 PM»
you can say that about anything.. you shouldn't care if the person is straight irl and plays a lesbian/gay. it's fictional, not real. fantasy. you can do whatever you want.

and what the hell is this shit
Quote from: "Manga"
Why would you want to be something you are not when you don't even enjoy the same sexes anatomy in the first place and think it is wrong to be with the same sex?

did you just say heterosexual people think homosexuality is wrong? maybe we're not attracted to the same sex, but we don't think it's wrong. i'm straight and i fully respect gays and lesbians. oh yeah i dont respect female anatomy because they're the same sex as me. hohoho

Offline Emeraude

«Reply #6: January 01, 2009, 12:19:23 PM»
i really fail to see the legitimacy in even asking this kind of a question surrounding a "make-believe" game. people are playing walking talking animals, but sexuality is handing you feelings of discord?

i don't think people should be limited to who or what they play, this includes sexuality. how trivial. it's a big game of pretend, so don't chide people for pretending.

this sounds like the tale of someone who fell in love with a skinny effeminate male character and the player turned out to be female. sorry for the boner kill!

Offline ali

«Reply #7: January 01, 2009, 12:43:40 PM»
Quote from: "Narnia"
It's called role playing.

Just like I don't understand how someone who is human can find any enjoyment out of being a feral dog.

/thread

this.

Vince

«Reply #8: January 01, 2009, 12:45:23 PM»
LMAO wow

narnia said what needed to be said

Offline Douche

«Reply #9: January 01, 2009, 01:10:03 PM»
Quote from: "Jenni"
you can say that about anything.. you shouldn't care if the person is straight irl and plays a lesbian/gay. it's fictional, not real. fantasy. you can do whatever you want.

and what the hell is this shit

did you just say heterosexual people think homosexuality is wrong? maybe we're not attracted to the same sex, but we don't think it's wrong. i'm straight and i fully respect gays and lesbians. oh yeah i dont respect female anatomy because they're the same sex as me. hohoho

I did not mean it like that to be honest. I meant through a sexual perspective. OBVIOUSLY I would not want heterosexual people to think being homosexual is wrong. I want everyone to accept it, sadly that doesn't happen. :S

Anyways, staying on topic. To everyone, it is not just the fact that the person is straight, it is the way people become so obsessed with their gay oriented alts and they just ACT gay in person themselves, even when they aren't. I didn't mean for this thread to bash people, I just wanted people's opinions.
~Alts For Sale~

Vince

«Reply #10: January 01, 2009, 01:18:46 PM»
does this seriously bother you so much to a point that you have to make a thread about it and embarrass yourself

Offline Tony

«Reply #11: January 01, 2009, 01:18:46 PM»
lol i really don't get what the big deal is. if straight people want to rp homosexual characters, then let them. also, how come there's no thread asking if females irl should be able to use male alts?  :shock:

anyway. nobody is bitching, or whatever you're doing about the stuff you RP (lol gravitation) so get over it.

Offline Douche

«Reply #12: January 01, 2009, 01:20:48 PM»
Quote from: "Joker"
lol i really don't get what the big deal is. if straight people want to rp homosexual characters, then let them. also, how come there's no thread asking if females irl should be able to use male alts?  :shock:

anyway. nobody is bitching, or whatever you're doing about the stuff you RP (lol gravitation) so get over it.

:cry: My gravitation addiction comes up everywhere.
~Alts For Sale~

Offline Jenni

«Reply #13: January 01, 2009, 01:21:44 PM»
Anyways, staying on topic. To everyone, it is not just the fact that the person is straight, it is the way people become so obsessed with their gay oriented alts and they just ACT gay in person themselves, even when they aren't. I didn't mean for this thread to bash people, I just wanted people's opinions.

what

Vince

«Reply #14: January 01, 2009, 01:22:17 PM»
because it's contradictory to ask why people have gay alts when they're straight when you like gravitation with homosexuals

Offline Jearu

«Reply #15: January 01, 2009, 01:37:12 PM»
Anyways, staying on topic. To everyone, it is not just the fact that the person is straight, it is the way people become so obsessed with their gay oriented alts and they just ACT gay in person themselves, even when they aren't.
How exactly does a gay person act? And if a gay/lesbian person roleplays a straight character and becomes so obsessed with it, would they act heterosexual in real life? How does a hetero act?

Also, everyone has already said what's needed to be said. Roleplay is NOT real life. People want to try new things. It does not represent their real life.. life. Etcetcetc. It is the same with homosexual people roleplaying straight characters. Just because someone is not sexually attracted to the same sex/other sex does not mean they are not allowed to roleplay as such.

EDIT: This is basically the same as someone who is female playing a male character. And vice versa. Just because they aren't one doesn't mean they can't play one.
Wanting life owl, woolie, rabben, and classics.

Bam

«Reply #16: January 01, 2009, 01:45:30 PM»
Quote from: "Jearu"

EDIT: This is basically the same as someone who is female playing a male character. And vice versa. Just because they aren't one doesn't mean they can't play one.

yea, don't even get started on that. i get hell b/c i like to play female characters when i'm actually male irl, but then the person insulting me is a male alt with a female player behind it whaaat

anyhow, manga, what you're describing is called a closet homosexual.

Black Rain

«Reply #17: January 01, 2009, 02:40:02 PM»
I honestly also don't see a point in asking such a question.
I mean.. geez. Wouldn't you be a  bit offended some one walked straight up to you and said "hey! why do you play a gay character when you are straight IR?"
Personally, I would be offended.

After all, you're roleplaying a "character" so a "character" could have any sexual preference. Don't take the internet so seriously dude..

Offline Mystery

Wow
«Reply #18: January 01, 2009, 03:25:15 PM»
For those who took Manga seriously, all he did was ask for your opinions, nothing else. if you seriously have a problem with his question then i suggest you make a thread commenting this one and we'll all bash on you for taking it seriously. Otherwise if your not giving your opinion on the matter he asked, don't reply to this thread. Making insulting comments over a simple matter of opinion is not needed or wanted.

Bam

Re: Wow
«Reply #19: January 01, 2009, 03:31:17 PM»
then you're in the wrong thread. let me redirect you.
people in this thread will take things seriously because it's part of the rules.

Vince

«Reply #20: January 01, 2009, 03:31:19 PM»
lol someone's butthurt

Offline shelburne

«Reply #21: January 01, 2009, 03:35:59 PM»
you cant have "experiments" on furcadia. so having an alt thats an orientation you are not is a debacle.

shameful.
http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=20789.0 nice alts for cheap ok promise

Offline anathema

«Reply #22: January 01, 2009, 03:39:16 PM»
Quote from: "shelburne"
you cant have "experiments" on furcadia. so having an alt thats an orientation you are not is a debacle.

shameful.

so all your characters are the same exact person you are is what you're saying

Offline shelburne

«Reply #23: January 01, 2009, 03:41:52 PM»
Quote from: "Morgan"

shameful.

so all your characters are the same exact person you are is what you're saying

if youre so attracted to homosexuality, instead of making gay alts, go and ~experiment~.

all of my characters are unoriginal and uninspiring creatures based off of real life instances. -shrug-  none of them reflect me. a person who is straight and has a gay alt is likely trying to say something they cant express in real life.
http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=20789.0 nice alts for cheap ok promise

Bam

«Reply #24: January 01, 2009, 03:47:48 PM»
a person who is straight and has a gay alt is likely trying to say something they cant express in real life.

Quote from: "Bam"

anyhow, manga, what you're describing is called a closet homosexual.

exactly what i was trying to say. if manga isn't making a generalization, then she's talking about one specific instance, in which case i'd say, if that person -hates gays- yet has a gay alt, they are actually gay.
in fact, most people who are violently against homosexuality are usually the ones who are actually gay, but have been told by whatever/whoever to suppress it.

supersaver