supersaver

Author Topic: What made you want a certain alt name? Any hidden reasons?  (Read 5286 times)

Offline Dask

What made you want a certain alt name? Any hidden reasons?
«: December 31, 2008, 08:43:28 PM»
I somtimes wonder why people want a certain name so bad, and if there is a hidden reason for wanting--. Well, other than the obvious reasons that it's a popular name, or that it's based of some character in an anime. Yeah I see that, but what about the other 30% (or whatever it may be) that are quelled to search for that name that means something personal to them or to express how they feel about something, or OCs (original characters) that may express their real-life past.

I'll start off.

There's a reason I wanted the alt Dask. A reason not many, if any, don't know. I was originally the alt Ooi, as many of you know. However between that time of my starting out in furcadia and when I started actually making dreams and such, I had gotten a blue parakeet, which was named Dask from it's last owner (which was abusive to it) Well I saved him, and he stayed with our family for awhile. Meanwhile (back to furc), I was looking for a new alt name, as I was starting to dislike Ooi.
Sometime in that period, I had one day found my beloved Dask belly up in his cage.  :cry: Parents said I couldn't get anymore pets after him. :/ Anyways to honour his memory I had went on a search for the name, Dask here in FAM. I eventually found who had him, and I'm pleased to say that he was given to me.
Not long after, I had created a character that stood for, what I thought of my deseased pet: an anthro samurai Dragon, which to me stood for bravery, friendship, and the fire of love that I had felt for my pet.
~Long live Dask, your memory shall forever be within my alt
Dask   |   Cactus  |   Dunsparce
Alts & Lifers

Offline Venom

Beretta
«Reply #1: December 31, 2008, 09:34:20 PM»
Guess I'll go next.

Beretta is one of my beloved dogs, who now lives at my farm with my Aunt and Uncle. I saved Beretta when she was 3 weeks old, she is an inbred Wolf/Malamute hybrid. Her parents are brother and sister. However, she's a perfect little angel. I bottle fed her, and raised her until I had to move back with my parents and could not keep her. I sent her to my farm, where she now lives happily. I have two dogs of my own now, but Beretta still has that special place because she was the dog that 'clicked' with me. Followed me everywhere, she is and was my darling angel. I had to scour furcadia to find Beretta and when I did.. yeah, there was no way I was letting it go. She's now my main character, and is based entirely off Beretta herself.

I'm also looking for the alts Zeus and Memphis to complete my happy little pet-char trio.

Offline Altria

«Reply #2: January 01, 2009, 12:55:10 AM»
I wanted the alt Alaska for a very long time, though until recently, I didn't know of its whereabouts, and even when I did, it was NFT for a while. Why did I want Alaska? I've been in love with the place since I was a kid. I always thought it was the most beautiful place I'd ever seen, and my love for it has only grown over the years. I've done my research and I plan on moving there with my mom, to finish college and live permanently.

I eventually was able to get Alaska through a trade with a friend who knew the owner, and I made her into a white wolf character, incorporating my own personality into the mix.

Offline Harlequin

«Reply #3: January 01, 2009, 01:23:57 AM»
I wanted Tack because it was a alias of mine for a loooong time, and it's also the name of one of my favorite characters from a movie. I finally have the alt, and I'm a pleased person. <3

Offline Mala

«Reply #4: January 01, 2009, 01:45:13 AM»
uh

i want mina because its my name?

Offline Venom

«Reply #5: January 01, 2009, 01:45:38 AM»
WOW UR SO COOL CAN I BE LIKE YOU WHEN I GROW UP

Black Rain

«Reply #6: January 01, 2009, 04:09:48 AM»
I want the alts Spock, Data and Odo merely because they are my favorite Star Trek characters.
Mostly Spock because he is like.. the Elite Oldschool.  :P

Lovedoll

«Reply #7: January 01, 2009, 09:20:05 AM»
It's quite simple for me; the names fit the characters. Every character of mine has a background story and was given that name for a reason.. or it just sounded like it fit their personalities.

There are often no seriously intricate reasons why I want an alt name. It's mostly just because I like it, plain and simple.

Offline Jenni

«Reply #8: January 01, 2009, 12:02:10 PM»
i want a bunch of alts because they're nin related/nin songs.  :oops:

Vince

«Reply #9: January 01, 2009, 12:46:51 PM»
i want canon alts because they're my favorite characters

fuckin duh

Offline ali

«Reply #10: January 01, 2009, 12:48:37 PM»
i want the alts i want/have so i can roleplay them...

and if they're canons, because they're my favorite.. canons

Offline MAU

«Reply #11: January 01, 2009, 04:08:48 PM»
Quote from: "WORM"
i want canon alts because they're my favorite characters

fuckin duh

this.

also, canon characters to me are more significant than any of my original characters. these aren't popular either (this means no soras, rikus etc), they're from obscure things and often have bit parts in the movies or television programs and i enjoy giving them "life" because i know no one else will, or have in most cases.

i only RP on furcadia so it's important to me to own the names of said characters so i can accomplish this.

Moni

«Reply #12: January 01, 2009, 09:04:17 PM»
Quote from: "Keiichi"

that's me too!!!~~  I like canons just as much as OCs because I think it's fun and just as legit as creating your own character to adopt a new outlook/personality and play an already-existing character correctly. :3

Offline Jearu

«Reply #13: January 01, 2009, 09:38:31 PM»
I REALLY wanted Bridget just because he's absolutely adorable and one of my all time favorite game characters. On top of that it's my favorite female name.. I would never use it as an OC, though.

I was after Kryie for the longest time because it was what my mom was going to name me.. but then randomly chose Meghan instead (SIGH). I also went to Catholic school and during mass Kyrie Eleison was my favorite thing to say/sing and the only time I really payed attention. Sometimes during class Father Siefker (when I remember him now he reminds me of Gandalf.. long white beard, staff, etc) would come in and tap his staff on the floor, we would then do (I forgot what it's called) bend down on one knee, preform the father/son/holyspirit thing and then clap and say "Kyrie Eleison!".. I'm not a religious person and I never was but that has always held a special meaning to me. Father Siefker was the most awesome priest ever and when he passed away I was crushed. And I think it's kind of funny that her design is a demon. Totally unintentional, I just felt the design fit the name really well. -- I was pretty stoked when I got ahold of the alt after being told it was DNB by various people during the time I was searching for it. ..the owner seemed quite happy to trade it off, though.
Wanting life owl, woolie, rabben, and classics.

Offline sht

«Reply #14: January 03, 2009, 11:05:59 AM»
I've got Ritoru, in honor of my baby little opossum you got out of his cage and froze to death. (Rescued opossum, who was nearly hit by a car.)

Senny

«Reply #15: January 03, 2009, 12:24:33 PM»
Theropod because I totally adore dinosaurs - did as a kid, still do now.  :lol:

Offline Abney

«Reply #16: January 03, 2009, 01:04:56 PM»
Quote from: "Kagome"

that's me too!!!~~  I like canons just as much as OCs because I think it's fun and just as legit as creating your own character to adopt a new outlook/personality and play an already-existing character correctly. :3

This. xD

I love rping both canon characters and ocs. ^^
| Abney | Carvel | Fawkes | Pope | Rhune |

Offline Blot

«Reply #17: January 03, 2009, 03:14:31 PM»
I'll start from the beguinnning XD

The alts I want are Anemia, Cancer, Wailmer, Shepp, and Templeton.

Anemia was the character I created when I was in 6th grade, which was a long time ago. A modern-fantasy RP character that a freind and I RPed in a few old notebooks during school. Anemia is a wyvren, and has a genetic mutation causing him to have 2 faces on one head. I have always been a fan of freakish mutations, ever since I was little as two of my ancestors were 'Freaks' in a carnival show. Which is funny because my husband and I technically Own a carnival XD

Cancer is a slightly newer character, and kind of an alternate persona of mine for the 1920's era. Not much about her except she smokes quite a bit, and people who know her never really live long.

Wailmer is just because it's my second favorite pokemon XD

Shepp is just a name I enjoy for a pet or something :> And I think its cute.

And Templeton because I always wanted a rat character named this XD Templeton was my favorite character in Charlotte's web because of his attitude.

Offline Ook

«Reply #18: January 03, 2009, 06:17:17 PM»
i search for eleanor currently.

i search for her because my grandmother's name was eleanor, as is my middle name.
a deeper reason?
my boyfriend is in love with the name, even before he met me, he'd seen 'gone in 60 seconds' and fallen in love with the mustang car in the film, whose 'name' happens to be eleanor. i'd done the same.
it's also pretty much how we met. i was wearing a mustang tshirt, and he shouted eleanor at me from accross the room. bang, wham. talk to that guyplsnowk<3

recently i created a new 'fursona' of sorts.
guess what i named her?

e l e a n o r.

Offline Julie

«Reply #19: January 04, 2009, 03:09:28 PM»
really the only alt i've truly wanted was Justine, and that's for extremely personal reasons. i think i've only told one or two people why.

the others are alts i want because theyre from a book, a show, or i think it sounds cool. i've either thought of a design first, and thought up a name that would most likely be for sale, or seen the name and thought of a design. impulse buys, if you will.

Offline shelburne

«Reply #20: January 04, 2009, 03:36:51 PM»
admiral - lil fewwet my friend owned
armageddon - cuz i cant wait for the end of humanity to come!
cody - name of my first pony #SQ
beowulf - favorite epic, besides gilgamesh, which ill never get #SL
ella - lil name of my cuz's ol doggy
mercedes - the caaaaaaaahr
nature - because i love studying the intrinsic nature of animals.. yeah
savior - cuz i love the study of religion, if its not obvious yet!
vitaly - name of my future... son..
 :oops:
http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=20789.0 nice alts for cheap ok promise

Offline shelburne

«Reply #21: January 04, 2009, 03:38:47 PM»
Quote from: "Graymalkin"
I'll start from the beguinnning XD

The alts I want are Anemia, Cancer, Wailmer, Shepp, and Templeton.

Anemia was the character I created when I was in 6th grade, which was a long time ago. A modern-fantasy RP character that a freind and I RPed in a few old notebooks during school. Anemia is a wyvren, and has a genetic mutation causing him to have 2 faces on one head. I have always been a fan of freakish mutations, ever since I was little as two of my ancestors were 'Freaks' in a carnival show. Which is funny because my husband and I technically Own a carnival XD

umm i have anemia. buy it off of me.
http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=20789.0 nice alts for cheap ok promise

Joel

«Reply #22: January 04, 2009, 05:04:24 PM»
Bought the alt Plastic after listening to the song Plastic by Reveille. I only liked a part of the song but I really don't like it as much anymore. lol

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #23: January 04, 2009, 07:17:38 PM»
When I first started playing Furcadia, I played with friends of mine from AOL RP. We RPed PokeMorphs, and had a city my friend Randi (Kinari on Furcadia) had created called Toruko. Thats japanese for "Turquoise". She one day made the alt Toruko, my name at the time was Haromie, I believe. (This was to match my other friend, Wolfe's, alt Symphonie.) We were all hanging out, and I decided I would try to make the name Turquoise, and go stand by Randi on Turquoise, and be all hehehe we're both the same thing. Then for whatever reason, the name just stuck somehow. No real reason why, I think maybe because a friend of mine bought me wings on it maybe. After that it was the only one I used for a long time, til I made the alt Krymzen and used that for RP sometimes.

Offline Glory

«Reply #24: January 04, 2009, 08:04:01 PM»
Quote from: "Fawkes"
Quote from: "Kagome"

This. xD

I love rping both canon characters and ocs. ^^

This x2.
Sums up how I love to RP my OCs and canon characters.
I don't use this website much.

supersaver