supersaver

Author Topic: What ever happened to common courtesy and respect?  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Erika

What ever happened to common courtesy and respect?
«: December 16, 2008, 09:28:18 PM»
Earlier today I wandered into TBC, Chow's new dream located in Hawthorn. When I entered the OOC room, Chow and Ignacio were arguing over something that seemed a little silly. Though, I can't say too much about it since I came in during the middle. But the gist of it sounded like they were voicing their own opinions about people putting music on their character websites and how, for some people, the music and any other added animation slows down their computer, sometimes even freezes it up. Silly, right?

Chow seemed to be blaming it on the creator of the website while Ignacio was trying to inform her that it really depends on visitors internet/computer. Some can handle it and some can't. From there on, it progressed into a bickering contest over clicking people in TGT. I have no idea how that came about, it all just seemed to silly that I didn't pay too much attention. But then, suddenly, Chow decided to ban Ignacio for simply putting in his own experiences/opinions on the subject. Stated that she was tired of being lenient and was going to rage, if she wanted to rage.

At that point, I made a comment some where along the lines of, 'If you intend to have a successful dream with good review, rep' and population turn out, then banning someone based on their opinions doesn't really achieve that.' Apparently, that was insulting enough for her to ban me, too. Though I wasn't the only other victim, she banned Ink for implying that the arguing and what not was just plain silly. Later on, Townes was banned for putting on Gryffe avatars while someone wanted to take a screen shot of everyone being a Pheo'. And Goldie was banned just for being his girlfriend. Pretty ridiculous, right?

All in all, I was terribly upset about this; I really liked that dream and had involved myself with the local events for character history and RP. Not to mention, a few of my friends who hang out in that dream vouched for me. But after a while, as far as I know, Ink, Townes and Goldie all got unbanned, though when I asked about my case, this is what I got as a response.

----------

<whisper logs REMOVED. Please get permission first - staff>

----------

To be quite honest, I don't care if it's her own dream and what level of jurisdiction she has in it. For me, the way you treat your 'customers' determines your level of 'business'. In Furcadia terms, that means the way you treat the people who RP in your dream, determines the level of popularity it has and who will keep coming back. Dream makers always want their dream to be popular as TSC once was and how TGT still is. If her intent was to make the dream solely for her own purpose, then why open it to the public? Maybe some of you will agree, and some of you won't. Or maybe I'm missing some part of the point? I don't know, comment if you wish, but who would honestly not feel bad about treating their 'customer' in such a foul way? If Felorin, and the rest of Furcadia's staff, treated all of us like that, Furcadia wouldn't even exist. And everyone, so far, that I've mentioned it to have agreed that this was completely and utterly unfair.

Offline lolo

«Reply #1: December 16, 2008, 09:34:44 PM»
i got banned 4 love

Offline Melissa

«Reply #2: December 16, 2008, 09:37:47 PM»
I don't think that sounds far, no. To me, that's kinda like kicking someone out of your house because they told you that your curtains didn't match your couch.

But at the same time, she really does have complete say and control over her dream. Sad as it is. If she wants to ban you, she has every right. Not saying it's fair, or right or anything, it's just...well...how it is.

But, to me, if she's unban the other people, I don't see why she can't unban you.

Offline Sibsy

«Reply #3: December 16, 2008, 09:39:09 PM»
I talked about this with you, Iggy and Kat.

While I am surprised about how the whole spectacle went down, and rather disappointed on the outcomes, she did apologize to me about booting me. She was upset, and she knew the way she acted (torwards me) was uncalled for. Now, I'm not sure why she banned you or what her problem is with you in particular because it's beyond me but it is really weird that she'd do that.

From what I've seen or known of her, she seems to be very chill and mild-mannered so for her to just blow up is a little shocking, for me in any case. I'm sure this will spark people who have problems with Kat to speak, but this is all I'm going to say about the matter: it was a conversation that was blown out of proportion into a stupid argument and no one should of gotten defensive, especially Kat. Though, she is right, it is her dream and whatever she says goes no matter how unfair it may or may not be. I'm not happy that you were banned because you're my girl, but the comment you made seemed to blow a gasket.

Don't know what else to say about it, sorry babe, love you. <3

Offline Demi

«Reply #4: December 16, 2008, 09:40:07 PM»
*facepalms*

Posting whisper logs without permission is against the rules. :\

Dream owners have the right to do whatever they see fit in their dream. Regardless of whether or not you like it.

Maybe Chow was in a bad mood? I don't know, honestly this looks like more of a big case of whining about Chow's behavior and their decision to flail the ban hammer.

People who run dreams don't have to be nice.

Also, cause you're wondering about it. Common courtesy is dead

internet killed it.

[size=0]in b4 lock[/size]
I rarely log in. Only contact me if serious about purchasing my stuff.
My Deviantart
FurAffinity

Offline Townes

«Reply #5: December 16, 2008, 09:44:48 PM»
I have a little ban counter on my desktop now, that was my 94th ban. :wink:

Just kidding, sorta.  Seriously though, I am quite use to them.  I often can justify my banishes with a reason, but I think Chow was just having a bad day and I chose the wrong time to goof around.  Although I found it an overkill to banish me (and even more dumbfounded she banned Goldie for just being with me) for something rather trivial in my opinion, it is her dream.  It's their choice how they would like to manage their dream, and from that receive a positive or negative reputation.

Offline Erika

«Reply #6: December 16, 2008, 09:52:05 PM»
Quote from: "Demi"
*facepalms*

Posting whisper logs without permission is against the rules. :\

Dream owners have the right to do whatever they see fit in their dream. Regardless of whether or not you like it.

Maybe Chow was in a bad mood? I don't know, honestly this looks like more of a big case of whining about Chow's behavior and their decision to flail the ban hammer.

People who run dreams don't have to be nice.

Also, cause you're wondering about it. Common courtesy is dead

internet killed it.

[size=0]in b4 lock[/size]

I realized posting whispers was against the rules after I put this up. Whoops! xD

And you're right, I won't deny that I'm whining about her behavior, but with good reason. Had this happened to anyone else, I'm pretty sure they'd sore about it. Whether or not they'd go to the lengths of making a big stink about it like this, I don't know. To each their own, I guess.

The point is, no one should have to feel like they need to suck up for acceptance or to simply hang with the crowd. I'm not really looking to rouse any spite from this thread. But her being in a bad mood does not give her the right to spit fire on someone who wasn't part of the cause. Plain and simple.

Offline Erika

«Reply #7: December 16, 2008, 10:02:27 PM»
This just in!

I have reason to believe that part of the reason I got banned was because I'm dating someone she had a crush on, and possibly still does. Isn't that great?!

Offline Demi

«Reply #8: December 16, 2008, 10:07:26 PM»
Townes, you should shoot for 1000 bans.

It's understandable to be b& from someplace you might've enjoyed being in but, was it necessary to come here and complain about it?
Something tells me this could be seen as a personal attack even if it's not intended.

Now, what is this thread really about? Your beef with Chow or the subject of common courtesy?
I rarely log in. Only contact me if serious about purchasing my stuff.
My Deviantart
FurAffinity

Offline Erika

«Reply #9: December 16, 2008, 10:14:10 PM»
Quote from: "Demi"
Townes, you should shoot for 1000 bans.

It's understandable to be b& from someplace you might've enjoyed being in but, was it necessary to come here and complain about it?
Something tells me this could be seen as a personal attack even if it's not intended.

Now, what is this thread really about? Your beef with Chow or the subject of common courtesy?

Common courtesy, and I was curious about peoples opinions on the matter. Nothing more, nothing less. Chow, and whoever else, can take it how they want to take it. I was being completely civil with her, and all I wanted was some sort of explanation. That's all. I thought I deserved at least that.

Offline Eevee

«Reply #10: December 16, 2008, 11:04:48 PM»
This seems more of a rant and attack than an in-depth talk, especially because it targets and is about one specific person. I'm going to lock this before it gets out of hand anymore.

If her choices bother you so much, wait awhile in case she needs to cool off and discuss the matters with her in private. If her final word is not to your liking, you have no say since she IS the dream owner after all.