supersaver

Author Topic: Just lock it.  (Read 4451 times)

Asian

• Topic Author
Just lock it.
«: December 09, 2008, 08:38:16 PM»
I didn't want to have to write this, but I seem to be ignored by Brandon.

I bought the alt Jerk a few weeks back for Brandon and I to share. I knew he wanted the alt, so I figured I'd help him out since he didn't have enough. Demini wasn't on much, and I just went ahead and took the chance and decided to pay 40 GD for the alt, while Brandon paid 10 GD. I bought the alt with full intention that the two of us would share the alt, and there would be no problem. We'd shared alts in the past, and no worries. So skip forward, he got mad, he decided to change the pass, now I no longer have access to an alt I put money into.

So my question; I know alt trading isn't supported, but if I'm willing to pay him the 10 GD that he put in for the alt, is there anyway I can regain access to this alt since he is no longer willing to share with me?

Edit:
This was public, so I can show how it started off:
Literally 2 minutes after I came home.

brandon: tell them to give jerk access
You say, "Have you changed the pw back on Jerk?"
You say, "Because I liked to use it, too."
You say, "I'd like.."
You say, "No that was right."
You say, "I liked to use it, too."
brandon: dont you start now too. im not in the mood.
You say, "..........."
You say, "What the &$!?"
You say, "I was asking if you'd changed it back because that reminded me"
You say, "Ummm"

[15 minutes later and he still doesn't respond on screen or to my whispers, yet he'd moved to another dream which I was in]

You say, "Well I asked if he'd changed it back, he got &$!?y, now he's acting like I did something wrong."
You say, "When I seriously was just curious if he had."
Jerk: i dont really want to talk to you right now. lol
You say, "I didn't do &$!? to you."
You say, "What is going on."
You say, "I come here, they're talking about it"
You say, "Now you're not responding"
You say, "All I did was ask if you'd changed the pass back"
You say, "What is so bad about that?"

Then I was ignored, yet again. Even though he continued to move around the dream and whisper other people about the situation. Since he decided not to respond to me, I told his friend she could pass on the word to him that if he didn't talk to me I'd be posting on FAM. Her response "He doesn't care". So I began to write my post then he whispers me.

The whispers included him telling me that he was pissed off, but he wasn't going to tell me why because he didn't have to. Finally after he continued to go on about how he had a reason, but it wasn't worth telling I just told him I wanted my stuff back because I was sick of it. I asked if he'd be willing to just give it back without the hassle of FAM and Guardians involved. He tells me he can pay ME back although I specifically said I wanted the alt back. I told him no and that I was willing to pay the 10 GD + the fees he paid to clear ports. He said no, I clicked submit on FAM. Then I get "Good job posting on fam, you're just going to get the alt frozen."

Then I tried again, "I'll delete it if you decide to let me pay you the 10 GD." He says no, I left it. Then I said I started posting because he ignored me, he says he has every reason to. But again, won't give me a reason but says it has nothing to do with the alt. Anyways, it got worse as the conversation went on. He wasn't willing to be mature about the decision and try to come to a reasonable deal between the both of us. I was willing to pay more than the 20 GD, but he wouldn't even let me get it out. He just insisted that he wanted the alt and I didn't have a choice whether I could have it or not.

Edittttt:
Just offered to pay him double what he originally put into the alt, making it 40 GD. I was trying to be reasonable and work out a deal. His response was "k no."

Imogen

• Topic Author
Just lock it.
«Reply #1: December 09, 2008, 08:55:12 PM»
Not to mention that I'm having an issue with Brandon now, too. Not too long ago (I don't remember the dates), Brandon and I did a trade for Life Butterfly Wings for 50 GD. I didn't have 50 GD at the time, but I had 25GD. He said I could pay him back later and so the trade was done. About two or three weeks go by and he asks for the wings back and I pay to transfer them back. He tells me that he'll pay me back soon, but doesn't give me a date. We do another transaction for a Life Bat, which was not paid for, and I gifted it back to him, too. With that deal, since I owed him 25 GD and he had the Life Butterfly Wings, he'd subtract 25 GD from the price. We try to work out a few things for payment and things fall through and I pay to transfer the bat back to Brandon. So, by this point he owes me 25 GD again. About two weeks later, he gives me a portrait space and I say no problem, you can just owe me 15 GD. Another week goes by and I approach him about the situation and he says he's broke. In this time, he's told me that he owes other people in front of me which is really confusing. He bought HULK while he owed me but claims to have done it before. He has been selling portrait spaces yet he can't pay me back a lousy 15 GD? And he sold his life bat for an alt which he could have sold for GD to pay these various people back. Kind of odd, dontcha think? I also said I'd give him a date to pay me back by and he said, and I quote, "I'll ignore it."

Edit:: I have already emailed the guardians about my situation, so they know. This is merely a warning towards trading with Brandon in the future.
EditEdit:: I also have logs of our conversation yesterday about this problem, but I'm not even going to ask him if I can post them.

Offline Zodiac

Just lock it.
«Reply #2: December 09, 2008, 09:38:24 PM»
Because you shared the alt I don't think there is much that can be done.

Offline Mychelle

Just lock it.
«Reply #3: December 09, 2008, 10:30:50 PM»
Quote from: "Turquoise"
Because you shared the alt I don't think there is much that can be done.

Just going to agree with this. Almost every single situation Ive seen so far as "sharing" an alt goes, there really isnt much I think you'd be able to do. Basically it comes down to the 'you allowed yourself to get into this situation' sort of thing.

Share alts at your own risk.

Im sorry this has happened to you though.
Im letting my alts rot. So dont ask.

Asian

• Topic Author
Just lock it.
«Reply #4: December 09, 2008, 10:45:03 PM»
I know that it's not supported and all, I was just curious if something similar had happened to anyone and what should be done, etc.

Thanks for responding.

Offline Julie

Just lock it.
«Reply #5: December 09, 2008, 11:49:21 PM»
ive gotten myself into this pickle before. if they aren't willing to cooperate, try to offer them more than what they paid. (yes, it might be "im just gonna screw myself over", but if you really want the alt back i'd say it would be worth it) if they still arent willing, you really don't have much you can do. or, better yet, try to work out whatever got them mad at you for, and maybe this can be swept under the rug eventually

Asian

• Topic Author
Just lock it.
«Reply #6: December 10, 2008, 07:48:24 AM»
Quote from: "Lord"
ive gotten myself into this pickle before. if they aren't willing to cooperate, try to offer them more than what they paid. (yes, it might be "im just gonna screw myself over", but if you really want the alt back i'd say it would be worth it) if they still arent willing, you really don't have much you can do. or, better yet, try to work out whatever got them mad at you for, and maybe this can be swept under the rug eventually

I tried offering 20 GD to cover the fees he paid to clear the ports, also. However, he's still not willing to trade back the alt. He says he wants it, even though I was the one who put more money into it and in my opinion should have first choice. Had he put in more money, I wouldn't bother.

Offline Magnus

Just lock it.
«Reply #7: December 10, 2008, 08:25:33 AM»
He basically cheated you for 40 GD, because he cared more about an alt than you.

The best you can do is remember never to share alts again.

Offline Creek

Just lock it.
«Reply #8: December 10, 2008, 10:26:25 AM»
Dont know if this would work, but.

Maybe you should tell him either to pay you more money than you had paid and keep the alt, or let you pay 20$ and return the alt. I dunno. Its worked for me along time ago, since the person didnt wanna pay more that the part they did. [ i've never shared alts with anyone since then. Dont even remember the name....XD]
I NO LONGER LOG ONTO FURCADIA

Offline Zodiac

Just lock it.
«Reply #9: December 10, 2008, 12:00:49 PM»
At this point, unless the bridge has been burned, I would say your best bet is to let him pay you back and move on. Let the jerk keep Jerk!

Sookan

• Topic Author
Just lock it.
«Reply #10: December 10, 2008, 01:46:03 PM»
well you could buy it back for the price he asks
then just sell it on for more
that way he loses profit AND the alt
imo it's worth more than 40 so buy it back before he sells it.

Imogen

• Topic Author
Just lock it.
«Reply #11: December 10, 2008, 03:05:13 PM»
The funny part about this is that he's taking the whole situation as a joke. These logs were in public so I don't need permission to post them.

Jerk: DID U HEAR ...... THAT IM A SCAMMER???
 Escalade: bahaahh  
Snob: .............YES OH MY GOD.  
Snob: I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU...  
Jerk: ugh i dont know what become of me..  
Jerk: became..  J
erk: i ttly ruined it  
Jerk: BUT OH WELL  
Jerk: BECAUSE IM A SCAMMER  

That and not to mention that he has said to me he owes various people money and is refusing to pay me back which digs his hole a tad deeper.

brandon.

• Topic Author
Just lock it.
«Reply #12: December 10, 2008, 03:36:32 PM»
i can't take you seriously sry.

honestly i think it's funny how people's last resort is "LET'S GO TO FAM AND TRY TO MAKE DIS GUY LOOK BAD EVEN THOUGH IT WAS MY OWN FUCKING FAULT LOLOL XDDDDD;;;"

sides didn't cironir tell you to pay those people and them off before logging back on.. i mean oop wut

Erde

• Topic Author
Just lock it.
«Reply #13: December 10, 2008, 03:42:10 PM»
Quote from: "brandon."

honestly i think it's funny how people's last resort is "LET'S GO TO FAM AND TRY TO MAKE DIS GUY LOOK BAD EVEN THOUGH IT WAS MY OWN FUCKING FAULT LOLOL XDDDDD;;;"

sides didn't cironir tell you to pay those people and them off before logging back on.. i mean oop wut

The main reason they do it is to strike awareness into others for future reference, so they can decide if they want to risk trading/sharing/selling an alt to/with you.

Instead of looking it as a big joke, maybe you should be the bigger person and patch up the wounds.  It would probably save your rep, but then again you might not care either.

Offline Aleu

Just lock it.
«Reply #14: December 10, 2008, 03:47:12 PM»
Nvm, I see whats going on here. Don't wanna get caught up in it.
So I nommed my post.

Sookan

• Topic Author
Just lock it.
«Reply #15: December 10, 2008, 03:47:51 PM»

by the sounds of things, you're next in line to be being told that so lol

brandon.

• Topic Author
Just lock it.
«Reply #16: December 10, 2008, 03:48:34 PM»
Quote from: "xenon"

The main reason they do it is to strike awareness into others for future reference, so they can decide if they want to risk trading/sharing/selling an alt to/with you.

Instead of looking it as a big joke, maybe you should be the bigger person and patch up the wounds.  It would probably save your rep, but then again you might not care either.

i changed the pw like a week ago.  if she really had a problem with it she would've said so then not now.  the only reason why she's even doing this is because she's pissed.  not to "WARN" other people.  if i recall, i never had a problem with any other trades except for this bitch lyndsey who btw SHOULD STOP TALKING RIGHT ABOUT NOW.  mandi is a completely different story.  i won't even bother getting into it.

Offline Creek

Just lock it.
«Reply #17: December 10, 2008, 03:49:53 PM»
Well you shouldnt have fucking changed the password. Its a shared alt, not a ' oh its mine now' alt. Either pay her back, or fucking share the alt. There's no excuse.

Edit: Instead of being the immature one here. Just either turn the alt's password back to what it was, pay her back full, or give her the alt. You had no right to change the password without confirming it with Mandi. Thats complete and utter bullshit.
I NO LONGER LOG ONTO FURCADIA

brandon.

• Topic Author
Just lock it.
«Reply #18: December 10, 2008, 03:51:17 PM»
Quote from: "Lynn"
Well you shouldnt have fucking changed the password. Its a shared alt, not a ' oh its mine now' alt. Either pay her back, or fucking share the alt. There's no excuse.

pay the fuck attention to the op you dumb bitch.  it clearly says i offered to pay her the 45 GD she spent and she declined.

Asian

• Topic Author
Just lock it.
«Reply #19: December 10, 2008, 03:53:36 PM»
You offered to pay me half now and the rest later, which I'm not willing to do considering you already owe money to a bunch of other people. I put in more for the alt, I should get first choice.

Also, I did ask you to change the password back twice before that night. The night you did it and two days or so after that first night. Then again last night. So I gave you plenty of chances to change it back before I posted this thread last night.

brandon.

• Topic Author
Just lock it.
«Reply #20: December 10, 2008, 03:54:29 PM»
Quote from: "Grimmy"
Its funny how people can be so immature that they put pixels before people. Shows you how much of a life they have, right? Lol.

plz don't try to be witty.  this shouldn't have been brought out here to begin with considering it could've been resolved by OH IDK not being a cunt?

brandon.

• Topic Author
Just lock it.
«Reply #21: December 10, 2008, 03:55:09 PM»
Quote from: "Mandi"

Also, I did ask you to change the password back twice before that night. The night you did it and two days or so after that first night. Then again last night. So I gave you plenty of chances to change it back before I posted this thread last night.

you are hilarious.

Offline Zim

Just lock it.
«Reply #22: December 10, 2008, 03:55:28 PM»
If you can't keep your posts civil, relevant, and ON-TOPIC, get the fuck out. I don't want to see any more namecalling or childish behavior. Thanks.

I'm only mean out of necessity.

brandon.

• Topic Author
Just lock it.
«Reply #23: December 10, 2008, 04:10:56 PM»
ok lol

on topic;

in short, i wanted the alt jerk back and mandi offered to help so i said ok.  i only had 10 GD at the time and she put in 45.  demini gave us the alt cuz they had to go and i paid them with our GD the day after.  i used the alt as a sort of main since i was tired of looking at my name all the time, she was ok with that.  the only time she logged on jerk is when i was offline or afk just to idle on it.  she only wants it because she's pissed at me but whatev.  she was pissed at me a couple of weeks ago and i knew she'd change the pw just to be a bitch so i did.  really is it a coincidence that you asked about jerk's pw right after you finished raising your text at me for no reason? lol
anyway i didn't want to talk to her yesterday, not because of this gay alt drama but for something else.  if she doesn't know that is her problem, she should watch what she says more often.  i tried being civil with these two but obviously it is not fucking possible.  their idea of compromising is "DO W.E I SAY OR I'M GOIN TO FAM #SU".

Offline Altria

Just lock it.
«Reply #24: December 10, 2008, 04:11:31 PM»
Brandon, your immature behavior and general unwillingness to stay on topic is making you look really bad. So far I haven't seen you post anything close to a solution (nor have I seen you give a shit that you totally scammed someone, which is..appalling.)

I'm not 100% sure what can be done in terms of action against him, Mandi, but I really hope something can be worked out with Cironir since I don't think "OH WELL TOO BAD FOR YOU LOLOLOL" is a good enough excuse to back his story up.

Edit: You can kind of disregard the first post, you posted after me.  :oops: