Author Topic: solved  (Read 923 times)

Offline D o t

solved
«: November 22, 2008, 08:58:02 AM»
gdfgkdf delete

Mollie

solved
«Reply #1: November 22, 2008, 10:40:55 AM»
Yeah something like that happened to my alts Flamer and Queenie as well. I was using them actively before they went mysteriously missing.

Offline D o t

solved
«Reply #2: November 22, 2008, 12:50:02 PM»
It's never happened to me. Though I'm sorry for your loss of alts. ):
You never found out who took them?

and Idk Anna has been a really good friend to me since the beginning really. So I'd do anything to get back what was rightfully hers even if it means buying eastwood back from Brando.

Offline MAU

solved
«Reply #3: November 22, 2008, 01:05:32 PM»
i highly doubt brando is at fault here, considering she's one of the most reliable people i've dealt with in the years that i've been alt trading. not that you're pointing fingers, i'm just, attempting to, allay any concerns you might have regarding that.

does your friend receive a specific error when she attempts to retrieve the INI and log onto these characters? very recently i was unable to log onto several of my alts, and all problems stemmed from errors in the INI files i.e. a space in the incorrect spot.

and, most importantly, do you know if she was sharing these alts with anyone else? or the email account these alts were on? this is, most of the time, the culprit in such cases.

Offline Jax

solved
«Reply #4: November 22, 2008, 01:13:28 PM»
i have to agree with mauser on that one, though i have never traded with brando i highly doubt that she is one to blame in any way.

and yes, sharing alts or errors in the .ini file may be the case.
i don't personally doubt furcadia's server when it comes to almost impossible hacking, but it is possible for someone to guess a password.
if the alts were shared and/or someone knew your friend's password, or even had access to her computer, that may very well be the case, as well as if she had the same password on all of her alts, or even just the two.

your friend should consider double checking anything possible, including the possibilities that have been stated in this thread.

i hope she gets her stuff back!

Offline D o t

solved
«Reply #5: November 22, 2008, 01:22:27 PM»
yea. I wasn't pointing fingers. I just found it excruciatingly odd how she had ended up with the alt when Anna had bought it herself and what not and suddenly lost all use of it without much warning.
I don't believe she shares her alts with anyone, however I do believe that she has been known to forget to change her character's passwords.
Though she had told me that she had changed the emails and the passwords first, but she might have mistakingly forgotten to change East and Pyramids.

But yea I wasn't pointing fingers. I just want to get a hold of her and figure out how exactly she got it and hopefully negotiate with her in order to get it back for Anna.
As for Pyramid I haven't heard of anyone regarding him so far.

also, no. no specific error was recieved and it had just been those two alts.. and if it had been an error then I really doubt that others would have the alt right now.

Offline Jax

solved
«Reply #6: November 22, 2008, 01:26:24 PM»
so she got them both in an alt trade?

was it from the same person, and if so have they been contacted? if she forgot to change the email or pass on either, the person(s) who she purchased them from may be the culprit. i don't believe i've seen any names as to who that is but i could just be blind atm so forgive me if i am lol.

Offline D o t

solved
«Reply #7: November 22, 2008, 01:37:02 PM»
You're right. I'm trying to remember who exactly she told me was the person she bought the alts from. They both weren't from the same person however. It'd be really helpful if she got on right now though so she could provide more information.
But regardless she said that Eastwood was her main priority. She didn't get on pyramid as much anymore. However as I noted before it hadn't expired because it had been ported. And Eastwood had been used a day or two before she was unable to get on it. So I doubt neither expired.
But I just really wish I knew who was the person who sold her Eastwood. It's really in the back of my mind I just can't really get it out agh.

Offline Jax

solved
«Reply #8: November 22, 2008, 02:22:11 PM»
cironir can track who the alt has been used by, if i'm not mistaken. he might just be able to find where Eastwood and Pyramid have gone. you should find out exactly who she bought the alts from (and any alts she may know of that belong(ed) to them) and if it's necessary, post their names in this thread to serve as a warning.

that information would probably be very helpful for ciro if he ends up helping out. you should have her contact him and let him know the whole story, including the names of the people she bought the alts from.

Offline D o t

solved
«Reply #9: November 22, 2008, 02:26:56 PM»
Alrighty. Thank you for the help. I'll be sure to tell her to contact him and to tell me the people she had bought them from. And I'll be sure to negotiate with Brando was well regarding this.

Offline Jax

solved
«Reply #10: November 22, 2008, 02:29:40 PM»
sure thing, i'm glad i could help. n_n
good luck to your friend again. hopefully brando can let us know how she got the alt, that would be helpful too, and might lead us to the core of this problem as well.

Offline D o t

solved
«Reply #11: November 22, 2008, 02:36:49 PM»
Quote from: "jac"
sure thing, i'm glad i could help. n_n
good luck to your friend again. hopefully brando can let us know how she got the alt, that would be helpful too, and might lead us to the core of this problem as well.

It would be very helpful! I've whispered her but she's been afk. ): I'm just hoping she whispers me back or posts here.

Offline MAU

solved
«Reply #12: November 22, 2008, 06:23:31 PM»
locking this.

supersaver