supersaver

Author Topic: Dispencar? Warning.  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Steph

Dispencar? Warning.
«: November 19, 2008, 08:58:07 AM»
Alright. So I just got home from school, and I have a whisper from Dispencar offering two lifers for Jokes. Life Fox, and Life Triwings. Okay, so, I talk it out with them, blah blah blah, make the deals, and I told them I was ready to trade. I asked them if they were ready to trade, and they said "oh, well, the life fox isn't "transferable". So, the person I was going to give the fox to, I brought it up to their attention. After that, I asked them if they could show me the alt the lifers on. The alt they had whispered me on was plain, and had nothing on it. They said this:

Dispencar: It's not tradable.
Jokes: x_X
Jokes: What alt is it on?
Dispencar: Why do you ask?
Dispencar: Im not at hom3.
Dispencar: Home#

So, I asked them if they could try the ini retrieval and get the alt back. They completely ignored me out of the question and said they would "get back to me later."

When I told them I was cautious of them, because it seems OBVIOUSLY too fishy to be with excuses of them "being at a cousin's house and unable to get the character." They said they'd call their sister or whatever for the password when she gets off work, or something like that. As well as telling me to "fuck off" if I think he/she is a scammer.

Seems a little fishy to me...

For Sale | FurAffinity  | dA

Furc: Steph & Grievous

Offline Aleu

Dispencar? Warning.
«Reply #1: November 19, 2008, 06:38:22 PM»
Some people don't even try to hide the fact that they or scamming, or maybe they just think everyone is as stupid as they are. I mean, have you noticed a pattern? Almost all scammers are never at home, couldn't find the password, or have a sibling who told you they would trade you the alt. Its really odd how no one seems to even think these things out, and I mean the scammers. Do they think if they don't get lucky it'll just be "oh well maybe next week" and they can go about playing? I don't even understand how people can be so... idiotic.

Blah, well, either way, that scammer is epic fail. I love to see people like this being caught. Because if you confront them, its deny deny deny. Scammers are an infinite source of entertainment.

Either way, I wouldn't trust them.
They're too pathetic to even be considered as not totally scamming you.

Offline Steph

Dispencar? Warning.
«Reply #2: November 20, 2008, 07:25:29 AM»
Quote from: "Grimmy"
Some people don't even try to hide the fact that they or scamming, or maybe they just think everyone is as stupid as they are. I mean, have you noticed a pattern? Almost all scammers are never at home, couldn't find the password, or have a sibling who told you they would trade you the alt. Its really odd how no one seems to even think these things out, and I mean the scammers. Do they think if they don't get lucky it'll just be "oh well maybe next week" and they can go about playing? I don't even understand how people can be so... idiotic.

Blah, well, either way, that scammer is epic fail. I love to see people like this being caught. Because if you confront them, its deny deny deny. Scammers are an infinite source of entertainment.

Either way, I wouldn't trust them.
They're too pathetic to even be considered as not totally scamming you.

I agree. c:
I love it how they're trying to not look like scammers ( like you said ), but try and type like they're proper, when they're really out to take what you have. And, again, this person had NO digos at all on their alt. It was plain.

Offline Narnia

Dispencar? Warning.
«Reply #3: November 20, 2008, 08:27:46 AM»
Just a question, how do you know that they had no digos on their alt?

I personally have all of my life tags turned off.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Jax

Dispencar? Warning.
«Reply #4: November 20, 2008, 12:04:52 PM»
what narnia said is true, you can turn off desctags at any time (as well as turn them on.)

if you're ever in doubt when you're in another situation like this, you should keep that in mind if you didn't already know. c: you should definitely be shown proof before trading any digos, and if they don't "have the alt on them," that's their loss.

gotta make these scammers aware that we are so on to them. >___>

Offline Kamose

Dispencar? Warning.
«Reply #5: November 20, 2008, 02:18:09 PM»
Quote from: "nilla"
if you're ever in doubt when you're in another situation like this, you should keep that in mind if you didn't already know. c: you should definitely be shown proof before trading any digos, and if they don't "have the alt on them," that's their loss.

The best way to verify that a person has the Digo (and that it lasts as long as he claims) is to enter into a Secure Trade session. Have the other person add the Digo in question to the trade. Then type trade-status to check the expiration date. Then you can simply cancel the trade without transferring any items. I would not trade with anyone who is not willing to go through this step.

It is recommended that you only engage in transactions that can be completely executed (on both sides) in one Secure Trade session, but if you decide to do an unsupported trade, you should at least use Secure Trade and trade-reason to create a server record of the deal.

Offline Steph

Dispencar? Warning.
«Reply #6: November 20, 2008, 04:48:17 PM»
True, but their desc was extremely unprofessional, and they had a handful of excuses.
But, again, they refused to show me their digos.

Offline Jax

Dispencar? Warning.
«Reply #7: November 20, 2008, 04:54:35 PM»
Quote from: "jokes"
they refused to show me their digos.

and that, right there, can only have 'scammer' written all over it.
a person should have no problem with showing you something YOU are purchasing from them. it's good that you didn't fall for it because they very well may have scammed you if you did.

Offline gg

Dispencar? Warning.
«Reply #8: November 20, 2008, 05:19:16 PM»
just my two cents here, but if a digo is as 'untransferrable' as he says, he won't be able to add it into the trade until it is. so you'd have to wait as long as he dicks around with that excuse either way.

in other words, you wouldn't be able to tell if he was telling the truth by secure trading until the items became trans.

Offline Kamose

Dispencar? Warning.
«Reply #9: November 20, 2008, 07:04:48 PM»
Quote from: "dayna"
in other words, you wouldn't be able to tell if he was telling the truth by secure trading until the items became trans.

This is true. In such cases, you should tell him to wait until the Digo is transferable. It's not worth the risk or the hassle.

Offline kitten

Dispencar? Warning.
«Reply #10: November 21, 2008, 09:18:28 PM»
Quote from: "Kamose"
Quote from: "dayna"

This is true. In such cases, you should tell him to wait until the Digo is transferable. It's not worth the risk or the hassle.

Agree'd to the max.

Offline Steph

Dispencar? Warning.
«Reply #11: November 22, 2008, 09:18:40 AM»
Yeah, thanks guys. :3
Just watch this person..
They get really REALLY pissy if you don't accept their offer.