supersaver

Author Topic: Zoriana  (Read 4507 times)

Offline Rinako

Zoriana
«: November 14, 2008, 05:30:10 PM»
Edit: I've cleared up some confusion and I'm pretty sure Zoriana is Slunt on Furc? (Could be wrong here, let me know eh?) If Zoriana's not involved in the "Kayce" deal, I'd sure like to know why she asked me to contact her by that alt? Idk, I still have no idea why whoever was on "Kayce" that day claimed they'd had their alt hacked. Btw, it looks like it's changed hands? (And seems to have fewer ports than previously claimed.)
Alt Information:
Alt Name: Kayce
Owner:   BeetMcBeety<3
Comments:   Ported 1x. AB- 10 GDS

So somebody is being shady, and it would be nice to know who's lying. =x

I have multiple reasons to believe that the user named Zoriana is a scammer and has been hacking alts on Furcadia.

This is the first PM I received from this account:
Inbox :: Message
To:    Miki
Posted:    12 Nov 2008 17:06
Subject:    Ported    
Any ported?

I thought this PM was odd since I have a thread, but assuming they must just be lazy, I sent them back a message with my link. This is what they replied with.
Posted:    12 Nov 2008 17:14
Subject:    Re: Ported    
OMG PLEASE WHISPER KAYCE ON FURCADIA

I didn't receive the message until I checked my inbox hours later. The alt "Kayce," was not online Furc, so I sent him/her back a message saying I'd try and catch him/her the next day.
Posted:    13 Nov 2008 14:48
Subject:    Re: Ported    
Hey hey hey!Are you online now?Whispa me on Saisuka ^^

Again, I didn't have a chance to read it until later. I furthermore found it odd that they asked me to contact them on a different alt, but hey, lots of people have multiple mains. I put both "Kayce" and "Saisuka" on my online list but neither alts were.
So, finally, today, I noticed Kayce sign on. Attempting to contact who I assumed to be Zoriana, I whispered the alt. I told her it was Miki from the FAM forums and she seemed very confused. I sent her the messages I'd received from Zoriana on FAM and she informed me that her alt had INDEED been hacked the day I got the PM. She's lucky she got her alt back, but I don't know if this scammer has any other victims. I'm assuming the owner of "Saisuka" is another. Be on the alert for anyone extra-interested in your ported alts, and if this user has contact YOU, I'd change your p-word.

Edit: logfile
DOGPROXY 2.0
Kayce
11/14/2008 4:01:39 PM Skittles whispers to Kayce: "Hai!"
11/14/2008 4:01:42 PM Kayce whispers to Skittles: "o.o ohai"
11/14/2008 4:01:59 PM Skittles whispers to Kayce: "Yay, we're online at the same time for once. ^-^"
11/14/2008 4:02:10 PM Kayce whispers to Skittles: "Lmao who's this?"
11/14/2008 4:02:19 PM Skittles whispers to Kayce: "This is Miki, sorreh xD"
11/14/2008 4:02:33 PM Kayce whispers to Skittles: "lol who? soory memory is fucked up atm"
11/14/2008 4:02:40 PM Kayce whispers to Skittles: "**Sorry"
11/14/2008 4:03:25 PM Skittles whispers to Kayce: "From the FAM boards. You PM'ed me from Zoriana yesterday?"
11/14/2008 4:03:40 PM Kayce whispers to Skittles: "o.o I did? lmfao"
11/14/2008 4:04:12 PM Kayce whispers to Skittles: "Forgive me I got into a little issue yesterday and my mind is checked out ><;"
11/14/2008 4:04:24 PM Skittles whispers to Kayce: "Lol, it's okay. Well, I guess it was two days ago."
11/14/2008 4:04:26 PM Skittles whispers to Kayce: "From: Zoriana To: Miki Posted: 12 Nov 2008 17:14 Subject: Re: Ported Quote message OMG PLEASE WHISPER KAYCE ON FURCADIA"
11/14/2008 4:04:45 PM Kayce whispers to Skittles: "That wasn't me o.o"
11/14/2008 4:04:56 PM Kayce whispers to Skittles: "Someone hacked my alt and used her for a day"
11/14/2008 4:05:11 PM Kayce whispers to Skittles: "She must have sent that :\"
11/14/2008 4:05:24 PM Skittles whispers to Kayce: "Really? Sounds like a scammer =o"
11/14/2008 4:05:29 PM Kayce whispers to Skittles: "Yeppers"
11/14/2008 4:06:10 PM Skittles whispers to Kayce: "She told me to contact her on the different alt the next day, so that makes sense. Well I'm glad I know now! I bet she's doing it to other people"
11/14/2008 4:06:23 PM Kayce whispers to Skittles: "Maybe. But it's all good."
11/14/2008 4:06:37 PM Kayce whispers to Skittles: "made the password rediculus soo Razz"
11/14/2008 4:07:46 PM Skittles whispers to Kayce: "I think I'm gonna change mine o-o I've never been confronted by a scammer before."
11/14/2008 4:08:32 PM Kayce whispers to Skittles: "it sucks"

Offline Fern Amethyst

Zoriana
«Reply #1: November 14, 2008, 05:42:09 PM»
I use to own the alt Saisuka.. and Zoriana also has whispered/PM'd me a few times asking to trade alts. I don't remember the specifics exactly. She seemed nice enough. =/

Offline Sync

Zoriana
«Reply #2: November 14, 2008, 05:47:27 PM»
i've directed kayce to this thread.
dunno if she'll say anything though.

edit: yeah she pretty much said the alt was hacked and crap. dead end there lol.

Offline Eevee

Zoriana
«Reply #3: November 14, 2008, 05:55:19 PM»
DEP has said several times there's no way a person can hack alts. The only way someone can get an alt is if you give them the password, or your password is easily guessable, same goes for the email you have your characters registered to.

Offline kotzen

Zoriana
«Reply #4: November 14, 2008, 06:11:47 PM»
zoriana sent me a similar pm back in october, but she never replied when i gave her a link to my thread. but i've gotten many similar pms from seemingly inactive users asking the same thing, so i don't think it's uncommon.

as eevee said, if this person has contacted you, there's no reason to change your password. 'hacking' incidents only occur when you give out your password or someone guesses it. i suggest asking kayce what lead to her alt being stolen.

Offline Rinako

Zoriana
«Reply #5: November 14, 2008, 09:22:22 PM»
I think you're underestimating people who have password cracking programs
And absolutely no lives.
I know I've had some passwords that were easy enough to guess (one word one letter combination type things) and with some dedication I don't doubt there's somebody out there capable of figuring out something like that.

Offline Pidgeon

Zoriana
«Reply #6: November 15, 2008, 02:11:45 AM»
Someone might want to show Kayce this thread:

http://altmarket.net/viewtopic.php?t=2734
<3

Lovedoll

Zoriana
«Reply #7: November 15, 2008, 08:55:56 AM»
Quote from: "Miki"
I think you're underestimating people who have password cracking programs
And absolutely no lives.
I know I've had some passwords that were easy enough to guess (one word one letter combination type things) and with some dedication I don't doubt there's somebody out there capable of figuring out something like that.

The only way someone could get a hold of your password is through hacking your computer through a Trojan and fetching the files with passwords stored in them. That's a person's own fuckup if they accept/download an unknown file from an unknown source. I doubt anyone who has the skills to hack Furcadia's server to obtain passwords would waste their time on this game.

Sookan

Zoriana
«Reply #8: November 15, 2008, 09:12:16 AM»
well zoriana has indeed contacted me(3 times, the latter when i whispered herout of #SCness) and also owns an alt of a person i used to be friends with. i just assumed she'd bought it, since i think the old owner was planning on quitting furc, last i heard of it, and the desc said NEW OWNER.

there's no way my passwords can be guessed. they're over 8 characters, contain symbols, caps, numbers and letters and are all different for every alt. and you got blocked after you try and guess a password over 5 times or something, on the furc servers, so GL with hacking.

edit: i told Zoriana i was selling my alt "exits" so if i can't log into it tomorrow there's gonna be some trouble #SK.

Offline Kenshii

Zoriana
«Reply #9: November 15, 2008, 09:51:54 AM»
I highly doubt the person is some great hacker. These might just be all coincidents.

Offline tory

Zoriana
«Reply #10: November 15, 2008, 12:21:48 PM»
Zoriana on an alt asked to see my ported alts today...
She wanted to trade my alt Cayti for her alt Rucker
I said no because I don't like ferals

Butttttt

She seemed nice enough O.O

Edit: Although she did keep insisting ......

Joel

Zoriana
«Reply #11: November 15, 2008, 12:26:42 PM»
lol She just recently asked who I was on furc via FAM PM, I told her. Before I seen this thread, however.

Offline kitten

Zoriana
«Reply #12: November 16, 2008, 03:29:33 AM»
I dont know if this helps any;

But the other day the alt 'Coast' Randomly whispered me, bringing me back from afk. They had asked me if i wanted to buy Coast for another alt? I simply said No, i do not trade alt for alt. I clicked on them to see the Description say "NEW OWNER!!!" I moved to FaM (since its always at the bottom of my screen! 8)) And Searched 'Coast' The owner seemed to be 'Hill' Who has the alt on his list as 'NFT/DNB' Not only is this odd enough BUT 'Hill' Has an active Alt thread were he has all his Ported alts or w/e for sale, Coast is no where on the list.

I PM'D Hill, perhaps just making sure it was in fact Hill? Hill did not PM me back yet but i will be sure to edit this when they do.

(Sorry if this does not fall in the same category.)

Offline Darko

Zoriana
«Reply #13: November 16, 2008, 03:35:20 AM»
Quote from: "Kit"

But the other day the alt 'Coast' Randomly whispered me, bringing me back from afk. They had asked me if i wanted to buy Coast for another alt? I simply said No, i do not trade alt for alt. I clicked on them to see the Description say "NEW OWNER!!!" I moved to FaM (since its always at the bottom of my screen! 8)) And Searched 'Coast' The owner seemed to be 'Hill' Who has the alt on his list as 'NFT/DNB' Not only is this odd enough BUT 'Hill' Has an active Alt thread were he has all his Ported alts or w/e for sale, Coast is no where on the list.

I PM'D Hill, perhaps just making sure it was in fact Hill? Hill did not PM me back yet but i will be sure to edit this when they do.

Hill Sold, I just think she hadn't gotten round to removing from her list. Because Coast also had whispered me wanting to trade alt for alt, I refused as she whispered firstly on my alt asking to if I traded alts, I said yes listed the ones I had, but she mentioned and alt (MY DND'NFT alt) that I hadn't even mentioned, I declined xD
I then whispered Hill to say the new owner of Coast is trying to sell and that I let her know in case she wanted to re-buy it, she just said thank you and that was it. Yeah, hope that helps, sorreh I just thought I would confirm that.

Offline Sheikah

Zoriana
«Reply #14: November 16, 2008, 03:46:40 AM»
I don't know if this is relevant at all, but i think Tatu now owns rucker and coast?

http://www.altmarket.net/viewtopic.php?t=13031

Offline Darko

Zoriana
«Reply #15: November 16, 2008, 03:55:16 AM»
Quote from: "Annie"
I don't know if this is relevant at all, but i think Tatu now owns rucker and coast?

http://www.altmarket.net/viewtopic.php?t=13031

Hmm, the owner wanting to sell Coast must have sold it. I noticed that Tatu has sold Slunt, so it's recently an updated thread it didn't happen long ago I am sure. If not I will check the date of my logs -That I cannot show as no permission to do so D: -

Edit- The first whisper sent to me from Coast was 11/11/2008 so yeah.
I dunno how Coast got into this, I am not sure who they were on FAM, so I really do not know how relevant it could be.
Anyway that's the only incite i have of Coast :D G'luck.

Offline kitten

Zoriana
«Reply #16: November 16, 2008, 04:13:35 AM»
Quote from: "JJ"
Quote from: "Kit"

Hill Sold, I just think she hadn't gotten round to removing from her list. Because Coast also had whispered me wanting to trade alt for alt, I refused as she whispered firstly on my alt asking to if I traded alts, I said yes listed the ones I had, but she mentioned and alt (MY DND'NFT alt) that I hadn't even mentioned, I declined xD
I then whispered Hill to say the new owner of Coast is trying to sell and that I let her know in case she wanted to re-buy it, she just said thank you and that was it. Yeah, hope that helps, sorreh I just thought I would confirm that.

OP then that could be it. I just wanted to make sure!  :D
Thanks for helping me clear that up!

ENOUGH useless posts from me c: GL figuring this out.

Offline Italian

Zoriana
«Reply #17: November 16, 2008, 12:54:26 PM»
Saisuka once whispered me asking about my porteds and if I wanted to trade one of them for Saisuka. She also asked about Bryson, which isn't my alt. He was on so I told her to whisper him. So she did. I do not have the logs anymore, because I forgot to save them. So he was saying that Saisuka was trying to convince him to trade alts, when clearly Saisuka was a girl alt, all told by the port. He said at least 3-5 times he wanted GD but still tried to convince him to trade. She said she'd try to get 15 GD for him but then put a sad face, obviously showing that she really wanted Bryson.

random post.

EDIT: (You see Kayce.)
> Forsale. Ported 4x. Whisper with offers. Will only except certin alts >> coughShelpcough...
Kayce is forsale. Ported 4x. Whisper Runts with offers.

do NOT ask me about NFT's. i will blatantly ignore you.

Offline Gengar

Zoriana
«Reply #18: November 16, 2008, 05:25:19 PM»
just got a pm from this person.

To:    Meli
Posted:    November 16, 2008, 4:42 pm
Subject:    Ported    Quote message
Any ported?If so whisper Vixia and I'll offer
SELLING FORMER NFT/DNBS
BUNCH OF LIFERS FOR SALE
Discord Group / DM, Tumblr @ dvoyd, PM

Offline bowlegged

Zoriana
«Reply #19: November 16, 2008, 07:18:33 PM»
This person always asked me to trade, and we always traded fine? I mean I think they just like to get ported alts and keep selling then buying, selling ... etc x)
Make Money
Ask if you have any questions

Joel

Zoriana
«Reply #20: November 16, 2008, 07:22:58 PM»
She's seemed nice to me when talking to her.

Offline Sabaton

Zoriana
«Reply #21: November 17, 2008, 01:24:43 PM»
It's probably not relevant, but doesn't Selena (on FAM) own Zoriana?
If I'm not mistaken, she's selling the alt...?

And..if so, wouldn't it be a good idea to try and talk to her about this?

Joel

Zoriana
«Reply #22: November 17, 2008, 02:59:15 PM»
Quote from: "Plasma"
she's selling the alt...?

Yeah, I seen it on her alt thread as well.

Offline Cironir

Zoriana
«Reply #23: November 17, 2008, 04:46:29 PM»
I think you're underestimating people who have password cracking programs. And absolutely no lives.

You underestimate our server. It will block further login attempts after a certain (small) number of failed attempts and it will notify staff. I get an automatic email every day that lists failed logins, sorted by the number of tries.

There has never been a case of actual "hacking" in Furcadia. Passwords are always "stolen" because players trade alts, don't change email address first, use the same password for all their alts, share alts with "trusted friends", share their email account with someone else, etc.

I don't know how many times I had conversations like this:

Them: I GOT HACKED! Help me!
Me: Did anyone know your password?
Them: No, only I knew it. I never give anyone my passwords.
Me: *wastes time going through server logs*
Me: Do you know someone by the name of Blah Blubb?
Them: OMG! I totally trusted them! That's my best friend/ex/sibling/pet!!!
Me: ...

Offline Sapphirus

Zoriana
«Reply #24: November 17, 2008, 04:50:59 PM»
Quote from: "Cironir"
I think you're underestimating people who have password cracking programs. And absolutely no lives.

You underestimate our server. It will block further login attempts after a certain (small) number of failed attempts and it will notify staff. I get an automatic email every day that lists failed logins, sorted by the number of tries.

There has never been a case of actual "hacking" in Furcadia. Passwords are always "stolen" because players trade alts, don't change email address first, use the same password for all their alts, share alts with "trusted friends", share their email account with someone else, etc.

I don't know how many times I had conversations like this:

Them: I GOT HACKED! Help me!
Me: Did anyone know your password?
Them: No, only I knew it. I never give anyone my passwords.
Me: *wastes time going through server logs*
Me: Do you know someone by the name of Blah Blubb?
Them: OMG! I totally trusted them! That's my best friend/ex/sibling/pet!!!
Me: ...

LOL Cir xD
IGNIS! COMING UP WITH YOUR DAILY RECIPEHS AND KICKING ASS THE SAME TIME!
Furcadia contacts: Sapphirus/Ignis Scientia/Chuck Norris

supersaver