supersaver

Author Topic: lock plz  (Read 2150 times)

Shaybay

• Topic Author
lock plz
«: October 21, 2008, 11:13:16 AM»
I am trying to get in contact with someone who goes by: Titan, Ammunition, & Hoil on Furcadia.

They had commissioned me for a site layout a while back. I can't remember exactly when, but it was around mid September.

I have screenshot's, but I am not going to post them right away because I am just wanting to make sure of everything, so I'm not pointing finger's, just trying to find out if anyone has seen them around or has a way to get a hold of them.

Anyway. They had commissioned me for a site. I finished a couple day's later. I got a hold of them and they replied that they needed to buy more GD so I needed to wait a while. I had assumed they had the GD before they commissioned me, but I didn't think anything of it, so I whisper back 4/5 hours later, and they have logged off. -- A week or so passes and I finally get back in contact and sent them the .zip file, which I then get that they had to send an (e-check). I looked it up and it said that it was like a money gram, or something, but it took about 4 days to process. They had also said they had been trying to get a hold of me but my proxy nor logs show anytime that they tried to get a hold of me; I even used firebug to locate certain text; their alt names, ect.. within the logs for whispers.

Like I said I'm not pointing fingers I'm just trying to get back in contact with them(preferably a quicker way than Furcadia), so that we can sort everything out. Any help or advice is appreciated.  

Offline Tamsen

lock plz
«Reply #1: October 21, 2008, 05:02:27 PM»
I know them by Hoil, if they hadn't sold the alt. They seemed pretty reliable when I first met them. How long has it been since you last spoke to them?

Main contacts are Boe or Tamsen ~
Whisper or PM me.

Offline alice

lock plz
«Reply #2: October 21, 2008, 05:46:19 PM»
their aim is useless or not if you didnt already know that
shes usually on aim like everyday

Offline Kerrigan

lock plz
«Reply #3: October 23, 2008, 06:30:16 PM»
i see titan in tanz a lot; if that helps.
they usually just idle.

edit;
recently titan switched designs too so maybe thats why they're not contacting you about it anymore since its void; if it was for titan.

A-K

• Topic Author
lock plz
«Reply #4: October 24, 2008, 03:39:17 AM»
Quote from: "Hiss"
they usually just idle.

edit;
recently titan switched designs too so maybe thats why they're not contacting you about it anymore since its void; if it was for titan.

Switched designs to..?

Lovedoll

• Topic Author
lock plz
«Reply #5: October 24, 2008, 06:25:19 AM»
Did they actually send you the eCheck and you never got the money, or didn't they send any payment whatsoever?

When a person sends an eCheck the receiver is notified through email - and the money should have been added to your funds within a week. If you never got an email saying this, she never bothered to send you anything at all.

Offline Kerrigan

lock plz
«Reply #6: October 26, 2008, 06:50:10 PM»
Quote from: "Kitten"
Quote from: "Hiss"
they usually just idle.

edit;

Switched designs to..?

since titan was in tanz rp'ing as some lioness, she probably switched it to some lioness. i also heard she switches alts a lot; rascal has the same problem trying to contact her sadly. (i think it was about titans port she made for her) but yeah, she didnt pay rascal for the port yet either.

i think its a case of commisioning before they actually get the money, but dont.
so maybe thats why she's been in hiatus, trying to get her GD.

Shaybay

• Topic Author
lock plz
«Reply #7: October 26, 2008, 08:04:59 PM»
The commission was not for Titan, but for her alt Ammunition who was surprisingly roleplaying my alt Horror's child. They had asked me to do it because I work well with HTML. -- I had gotten back in contact with them once again, I'd say a week. I contacted them by the AIM sn that was posted on this thread. Like they said, they're logged in almost everyday. -- When I asked to see a bank statement I never got a reply. While I was going through this I was sitting next to a friend because I owed them back some GD's, and they said that anything processed through Paypal, you will receive a confirmation, and so, there should have been some proof that they had sent for the E-check. I was not familiar with AIM because I am a primary MSn user, and I had forgotten to log out of it and so it stayed open that entire night and partially that day. When I reopened it I noticed that the user had went inactive and active again every 2 to three 3 hours. Also, when I contacted them on AIM it was a good 5 minutes before a reply, but not on AIM, they had logged on Furcadia with an alt I was unfamiliar with and they talked to me on there. I'm not really sure whats going on... so I decided to give it another two weeks to see. So far it has been about a week. I'll try to recontact them on AIM again come this Friday, or sometime around that period. I don't think they're scamming, I think like Hiss has said, probably just a case of trying to acquire the GD when they don't have it at that very moment. But, we'll see. It has been about a month considering I commissioned them in Sept.

Offline kay

lock plz
«Reply #8: October 27, 2008, 10:29:57 PM»
yeahhhh. Soot (Titan) owes some of my friends some money for commissions. Karlekat, Drehd & Mezi. been like 3 weeks now. :roll:
i only accept paypal! my alts in my thread are 100% for sale, anything not listed in my thread (aka alts on my list) i probably won't sell but maybe who knows

Sookan

• Topic Author
lock plz
«Reply #9: October 28, 2008, 04:32:16 AM»
i see soot in tanzania almost every day.

Offline kay

lock plz
«Reply #10: October 28, 2008, 06:03:41 AM»
yeh, always conveniently idle whenever her commissioners are online or speak up. :oops:
Quote from: "Sookan"
i see soot in tanzania almost every day.
i only accept paypal! my alts in my thread are 100% for sale, anything not listed in my thread (aka alts on my list) i probably won't sell but maybe who knows

Offline Kenny

lock plz
«Reply #11: October 28, 2008, 03:15:29 PM»
i'm posting on behalf of hoil, since she does not have a FAM account of her own.

here is what she says in response to this thread as a whole:

I apologize for the delay in my payment, Furcadia is absolutely not my priority right now. I had a very close relative pass away merely weeks ago, and I’m still grieving over her death. I do not IDLE conveniently, I idle ALL THE TIME. I told my commissioners this, obviously they have a time limit for, "getting over the loss of a loved one." And, first off - I’d like to say that I didn’t even receive the FSH file for the ‘colab’ portrait that Drehd and, not sure who the other artist was. They threatened to put it up as a premade, and if they so wish to do that, instead of waiting, then so be it. As for Karlekat and Horror - I’ve been using my money to create a memorial website for my Aunt, and if anyone doubts that this tragedy actually happened, I’d be glad to give you the obituary. This does not mean, however, I am stalling or trying to ‘scam’ anyone. My entire family is still very numb about the situation, as am I. I can’t apologize enough for my lack of response, however, as I said - Furcadia really isn’t my first priority, a 5 GD website is nothing to post a scam thread about, also, because I haven’t even used it, edited it, ect. As for Karlekat, she has not complained nor has she been as heartless as to post a scam thread about me. She understood my dilemma, and I have a few friends that could vouch for me. I am a reliable trader, and commission’e - just recently I have had other obligations. I apologize profusely, and hopefully anyone that I harmed during this process can forgive my negligence. Your payment will be given to you promptly.

My experience with Hoil: she has personally commissioned me several times and is, from my experience, very reliable. i back up everything she says, having been present to hear the bad news of the loss of a loved one.

i do not believe this was in any way an attempt to "scam" anyone, just a misunderstanding.

I also think 5gds is a pretty silly thing to post a scam thread about.

Offline Puppy

lock plz
«Reply #12: October 28, 2008, 03:26:17 PM»
I might be mistaken, but I thought I saw the Kay/Mar/Dib/collab/Dracula portrait on Soot one day? Because it brought my attention to the stripes at her throat, which I then asked Oz about. Maybe it was my imagination? Idk. Or another portrait.

Offline Kenny

lock plz
«Reply #13: October 28, 2008, 03:34:55 PM»
Quote from: "Puppy"
I might be mistaken, but I thought I saw the Kay/Mar/Dib/collab/Dracula portrait on Soot one day? Because it brought my attention to the stripes at her throat, which I then asked Oz about. Maybe it was my imagination? Idk. Or another portrait.

Hoil: I have not even recieved the FSH format for the portrait they completed.

http://i33.tinypic.com/wi7tbn.jpg

Offline kay

lock plz
«Reply #14: October 28, 2008, 04:57:38 PM»
that might have been one of her reference pictures. both the one i drew and the one Karle drew have the neck-stripes, i think.
and also, 5 gds might not be a lot, but because Drehd, Mezi and Karle have been waiting for their payment for quite a while... and seem to have been avoided. well yeah. reason to suspect, as far as i'm concerned.
anyway, it didn't sound like anyone was outright accusing her of scamming. ...just reasonable suspicions which seems fine to me.

Quote from: "Puppy"

Offline dro

lock plz
«Reply #15: October 28, 2008, 05:13:38 PM»
Quote from: "Kenny"

We demand payment prior to giving FSH to avoid scams.

Shaybay

• Topic Author
«Reply #16: October 28, 2008, 05:51:51 PM»
this is not posted as a scam thread, it is posted because i was trying to get contact information.  :D

Offline Kenny

lock plz
«Reply #17: October 28, 2008, 05:53:32 PM»
Quote from: "dro"
Quote from: "Kenny"

We demand payment prior to giving FSH to avoid scams.

Hoil: Exactly.

Kenny: then you could have just asked around, shay... or locked the thread after alice gave you their aim info. OR you could have just said 'hoil owes me 5gd does anyone know how to contact her?'

i think that would have been much simpler LOL

Shaybay

• Topic Author
«Reply #18: October 28, 2008, 06:00:02 PM»
it was posted to get contact information, others were helping me out. i have not accused hoil of trying to scam.

it wasn't a matter of the commission itself being so cheap, it is the principle of commissioning to not be paid.

but you're right. now that i know i will ask to have this thread locked. hope everyone else gets paid as well. good luck.  :)

Offline kay

lock plz
«Reply #19: November 08, 2008, 01:10:47 PM»
uuhhh.. just wondering, have you been paid yet Shay? Mezi & Drehd still haven't. :roll:

Offline Kenny

lock plz
«Reply #20: November 08, 2008, 01:15:44 PM»
oh, knock it off. e_e

you really didn't have to post that in the thread. you could have whispered or even PMd.

get over it, you guys, seriously. learn to be patient.