supersaver

Author Topic: The Alyby incident  (Read 1318 times)

Mav

• Topic Author
The Alyby incident
«: October 02, 2008, 02:08:03 PM»
About a year ago at the Summer festival, my friend met two girls, Alyby and Shemai. He became friends with them. Alyby asked to borrow his 2 year phoenix so he agreed. They had also noted them several times to write down when to give it back. And so she did.

Some time later, he asks for it back, and she asks him who he is, and tells him she won't give it back and that he's a scammer. This we know is utter bullshit.

No matter what we do, whatever amount of proof we gave her, she denies it and then says that the previous owner sold Alyby.
Now, you might say write a letter to the guardians. We did. They didn't do anything and just told him not to do that in future.

TL;DR Alyby will annoy the fuck out of you until you give her shit and then sell the account.

Sookan

• Topic Author
The Alyby incident
«Reply #1: October 02, 2008, 02:10:50 PM»
well, you'll need to go to the guardians.
but, since you met irl(?) it might be quite hard to find proof.
you also have to consider she might be telling the truth; that she's the new owner.

Offline Zim

The Alyby incident
«Reply #2: October 02, 2008, 02:18:13 PM»
Quote from: "Sookan"
well, you'll need to go to the guardians.
but, since you met irl(?) it might be quite hard to find proof.
you also have to consider she might be telling the truth; that she's the new owner.

I think she meant at the Furcadia summer festival.

The guardians are right though. If this was before secure trade, sucks for him. He should have taken a screenshot.

If this was after secure trade and he used gift commands, sucks for him. He should have used secure trade and taken a screenshot.

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Offline Cironir

The Alyby incident
«Reply #3: October 02, 2008, 03:32:23 PM»
No, this isn't a Guardian issue. We cannot enforce "loans" (particularly not one year later!). When you gift an item, the game tells you exactly what you are about to do (transferring ownership), and asks you to confirm this. It is very clear. You can secure-trade for a "reason", and the "reason" can contain conditions, but Furcadia doesn't have a system in place for "loaning" items. We may add this in the future (and if we do, it'll include an automatic return of the item after x days), but currently you can only give away item permanently, not only for a certain period.

Offline Tamsen

The Alyby incident
«Reply #4: October 06, 2008, 07:11:40 PM»
Ah, well, I will have you know that about a year ago, I bought Shemai off of someone, but there was no phoe on it. Though I never did recieve any whisper about the concept of a phoenix. I'm trying to recall the name of the person who sold me the alt in the first place; I'll look into it. :)

(Note: Shemai was passed down SEVERAL times last year. Over 4-5 times I believe.)

Main contacts are Boe or Tamsen ~
Whisper or PM me.

Offline Zodiac

The Alyby incident
«Reply #5: October 07, 2008, 03:20:32 PM»
Basically, your friend made a choice that was not very wise on their part to loan an item to someone who they were not very familiar with, and I think he needs to count his losses and move on. If he used the gift commands, then as Cironir said, there is nothing Guardians are going to be able to do about it. Always use secure trade and state ALL details in the trade reason, and your items should be covered in such loaned out situations.

As for this thread, its a good warning not to make these kind of deals with this person, as they are obviously not very honest. If there is nothing else to contribute here, I would consider this solved and lockable then?

Offline Gwen Stacy

The Alyby incident
«Reply #6: October 07, 2008, 03:52:47 PM»
I own Alyby, and I have recieved those whispers. I told you I was the new owner and both of you thought i was playing some crap. I DID buy her, and she DID have a 2 year phoe on it that I have given away to a friend (Before I knew about this)

The only reason i bought the alt was because of the phoenix. Honestly I can't remember what I bought it with, either an alt or some gds mixed with digos.
I do know I used to share Rayii with the previous owner who has taken Rayii and sold her, and I never really said anything because i never cared. I trusted a person I didn't even know.  :roll:

--Anything Else?--
Overusish of No's

supersaver