supersaver

Author Topic: "Flunk"/Basshunter; scammed out of a life wolven!  (Read 3892 times)

Offline Skull

"Flunk"/Basshunter; scammed out of a life wolven!
«: September 28, 2008, 10:17:47 PM»
First off, I have emailed the guardians so hopefully something will be done about my life wolven.  Otherwise, this just serves as a warning to be aware of who you're trading with.  Hopefully nothing like this happened to anybody else!

A few months ago I commissioned Basshunter to make me a dream.  In the beginning, he was good about keeping on track with time, showing me updates etcetc.  I decide to give him the life wolven because he has shown no reason why he wouldn't be good to his word.

He promptly drops the project - he doesn't work on it, keep me up to date, etc etc.  A few months pass and I begin having trouble keeping in contact with him.

Nevertheless, I got a hold of him today and he basically confessed that he hadn't worked on the dream at all.  Not one bit!  He then says that he will refund me the life wolven I paid him to make the dream, but that I have to wait 13 days for a transfer fee.  I click on Basshunter, and DUN DUN DUN, there's no life wolven:

So I bring this to his attention and once again he attempts to backpedal, saying that I did not trade him a life wolven but rather I traded him a life tygard.  Obviously, this is false (I think I would remember what I traded him) and I bring this to his attention as well.  He attempts to make a petty excuse and I then warn him that if I do not get my life wolven back, I will have to take action.  I mention that perhaps I should post something on FAM, and he promptly tells me to do so, so here we are.

Has anybody else had a mishap with Basshunter?

tl;dr: basshunter is a scammer/douchebag and you should avoid doing business with him if possible.

Offline Zim

«Reply #1: September 28, 2008, 10:40:15 PM»
It doesn't appear you've gotten permission to post those logs.

Since they appear to be whispers, I have to ask you to remove them and summarize the convo.

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Offline Skull

«Reply #2: September 28, 2008, 10:41:17 PM»
Quote from: "Zim"
It doesn't appear you've gotten permission to post those logs.

Since they appear to be whispers, I have to ask you to remove them and summarize the convo.

Sorry, I took him saying "DO IT" as permission.  I'll remove them then since I pretty much already summarized!

Offline Kratos

«Reply #3: September 28, 2008, 11:52:23 PM»
the only issue ive really had with this person is unwanted solicitation whispers for alt purchases.
i do not want to buy alts. if i wanted to, i'd be LOOKING for threads, rather than wanting them whispered to me.
they were also very rude when i promptly told them to go away and that i wasn't interested.

but yeah. sorta kinda on topic, thats really my only experience. oh and he seemed very, very smartassy in an old (?) alt thread of mine one time as well.

BUT YEAH. hopefully you get your life wolven back. this guy sounds like an ass.

Dare

«Reply #4: September 29, 2008, 01:10:45 PM»
Actually, there was one instance.
I saw his thread, (S>t> Life Wolven Ferian 30-35 Gd Or Trading For Life Tygard!) On the Furcadia Forums.
I go to trade with him, and he already has a buyer ready before I even got there. IE: He was trading the Ferian to someone else, WHILE we were in the process of trading. Thankfully I damanded we do the trade via Secure Trading System. So I never accepted the transfer of GD/Plus the fact he didn't add the life Ferian.
Anyways, He apologizes and proceeds to act retarded about the fact that he had TWO potential buyers in his midst. I found the whole situation fishy.
Anyways, perhaps it was Cancer's Ferian that he was trying to sell in the first place?

Imogen

«Reply #5: September 29, 2008, 04:01:53 PM»
If I recall correctly, not too long ago he was selling Basshunter with the Life Wolven.

In other news; I thought I heard someone complaining about him in a dream I was visiting, but I can't be too sure. I'll have to dig through my logs. If I find them, I'll post them here.

Offline Gengar

«Reply #6: September 29, 2008, 05:52:09 PM»
this isn't news to me.
recently, in fact, yesterday, the same day that Cancer told us (in AI) that she was having problems with Basshunter, he posted in AI that he was looking for a portrait artist. Naturally wanting commissions (though I think I have enough already @[email protected]), I say I am one. He whispers me asking for examples; I give them to him.
He instantly decides he wants to commission me; okay, cool. Even though I heard some bad things about him (something dealing with New Furcadia Farms and Galcian), or something along those lines, I thought he'd be fine. During my conversation with him, he leaves AI, and Scout (Cancer) brings up that Basshunter owes her a dream, and that she was going to talk to him about it.

Anyway, he said some nonsense about cigars and whatnot, then asked if I had a forum he had to fill out. (I'm guessing he meant a commission form).
I told him just to give me what he wanted in the port, so he made his own little 'forum'. His whole 'design' (if that's what you could call it, barely a design at all, just small details) was centered around marijuana, drugs, smoking, etc.
He said I have <31> days cause he just got the space.
I was confused, but I assumed he was paying me with a space. I normally charge a little more than that, but I wasn't going to press the matter.
I told him that a space got trans'd in 7 days, not 31. (thank god!)
he simply said "Oh LOL". Fishy, but eh.. His name was noobish enough.
Then he said "K. You have 10 days."
Before I can say anything else, he says, "Actually, nevermind, you have as many days as you like, I have a space that is trans."

I'm very, VERY iffy on taking this commission, as it centers around something I am not really comfortable with drawing, I hardly have any details to go by, no refs, I feel uneasy working with him, and I have a feeling that he either doesn't really have a space, or got one from scamming/stealing from someone else.

A friend of mine also talked to him, asking him some questions (I can't remember what). But I know the answers he gave were ridiculous, that the job he had was taking care of horses and selling them, and getting paid in heroin (he spelled it heroine though, and said selling horse instead of horses). Very fishy fellow, don't trust him at all. reminds me of a drugged up 10 year old. =/
SELLING FORMER NFT/DNBS
BUNCH OF LIFERS FOR SALE
Discord Group / DM, Tumblr @ dvoyd, PM

Offline Skull

«Reply #7: September 29, 2008, 08:19:28 PM»
So the gist I'm getting here is that this Basshunter kid is kind of retarded.

Not that I didn't know that already but w/e.

Still no response from the Guardians, but I'm crossing my fingers that they'll get back to me soon!

Offline Tuesday

«Reply #8: September 30, 2008, 10:33:44 AM»
Back some three to five months ago I  was going to trade him an alt of mine. However, when I asked for the GD for the alt, he didn't seem to know what GD was.

In anycase, I didn't trade him the alt, and ended up selling it to someone else who was interested. So, yea Basshunter=retarded, or a lucky Scammer.

Offline Cardali

«Reply #9: September 30, 2008, 03:12:36 PM»
i've been friends with basshunter/flunk/lou for a while now and he's seemed like an okay guy to me
but i DO recall him selling Basshunter w/ a life wolven a while back, i found his thread & posted on it like once.
i'd like to believe the best in him, but from this thread i'm kinda like "O_O" now.

Offline Cironir

«Reply #10: October 02, 2008, 01:48:58 AM»
The life wolven was transferred to another player in early September. It seems that it was traded for butterfly wings (life). Those are still on Basshunter, which I have frozen until this situation is sorted.

In general, please do not gift items to other players if they are pre-payment for something. Use the secure trading commands and trade the item for a "reason", and put down the details of the deal as the "reason". This will make it much easier for us to help.

Offline Skull

«Reply #11: October 02, 2008, 02:32:20 PM»
Because I'm usually suspicious of people when I'm giving them something, I don't normally gift people anything.  I did give Basshunter the wolven through secure trade, and I believe I specified that it was payment for the dream he was supposed to be making.

I think I forgot to include that in your email, Cironir, but I hope you're keeping track of this thread anyway so hopefully you'll see this.

Offline Cigarette

«Reply #12: October 03, 2008, 02:33:11 PM»
Oh jeez. My friend is now the owner of that life wolven. It's a bit of a confusing story, so hold tight.

Basshunter and Mollie were interested in trading Basshunter's life wolven for a life tygard my friend was giving to me to help pay for an alt. A close friend of mine, Zappy, was interested in the life wolven. Basically, the trade went like this. Zappy gave Rat 7 spaces for an alt that was to go to me, Fengo -the friend with the tygard- gave Mollie the life tygard, Mollie gave Basshunter life butters, and Basshunter gave Zappy the wolven.

I really wish I had listened to Zap when she told me that Basshunter was a scammer. I hope this helps at all.
contacts: cigarette.

Flunk

«Reply #13: October 03, 2008, 04:14:57 PM»

wow...

i remember i gotta find it but i said to her "i will be able to cancel the deal and not give a refund at anytime" and i said i have had bad experiences, she said okay, and we did it.

so my deal is officaly CANCELED

and this is one of the only deal/trade i've done. i dont scam. jesus

i dont know where, but someone started a rumor or something about me
and it is not true. i am not a scammer/ trader. jeeze

and tuesday, ive never even HEARD OF YOU. .-.

Offline Cironir

«Reply #14: October 03, 2008, 04:26:03 PM»
If you cancel your deal, you have to return the payment you already received. You TRADED the payment you received, so you had no intention to pay the other person back.

Why again would we want someone like you in our game?

Offline Tain

«Reply #15: October 04, 2008, 01:39:18 AM»
Quote from: "Flunk"
i remember i gotta find it but i said to her "i will be able to cancel the deal and not give a refund at anytime" and i said i have had bad experiences, she said okay, and we did it.

that is scamming you dipshit.

Offline Cironir

«Reply #16: October 04, 2008, 04:14:13 AM»
It is. Suspended until next year, and the item will be returned.

Offline Cigarette

«Reply #17: October 04, 2008, 10:03:00 AM»
Cironir, does that mean all items will be returned? Because see, my friend was the new owner of that life wolven.

Offline Skull

«Reply #18: October 04, 2008, 06:18:56 PM»
Well I'm glad that things will be returned, hopefully all items returned to everybody involved with him - that is, the tygard can go back to your friend, Danger, and I can get my life wolven back.

For the record, I would have never done business with him if he had said that he "had bad experiences" or "i will be able to cancel the deal and not give a refund at anytime".  What am I, seven?

Thanks for clearing this up, Cironir.

Offline Aleu

«Reply #19: October 04, 2008, 07:16:01 PM»
Quote from: "Danger"
Cironir, does that mean all items will be returned? Because see, my friend was the new owner of that life wolven.

I think, as I see it, this is what will happen, unless Ciro takes care of it in a different way, which he might or might not. Which is entirely his choice.

Zappy gets the spaces back, and the alt if given back to Rat or payed for by you, or kept if Rat is okay with the entire deal. You get your tygard back, Mollie gets her wings back, and either Zappy gets a new life wolven, keeps the one currently, or loses it. I trust Cironir won't be unfair in the deal and not give Zappy anything--but things like that go down when people scam. But since its not Zappy's fault in the first place, I assume Ciro will figure something out. Even though Zappy got the spaces back, of course, I still assume it would only be fair. But Ciro can't go handing out lifers to just anyone. So I'll wait for him to reply.

Flunk

«Reply #20: October 04, 2008, 07:34:11 PM»
Mollie and I are siblings (in real life) so, we will discuss the details about the butterfly wings.

Offline Skull

«Reply #21: October 04, 2008, 08:16:32 PM»
Somehow I find that statement doubtful.

I consider this a closed case, might as well lock it up amirite?

Offline Cigarette

«Reply #22: October 04, 2008, 08:27:53 PM»
thing is, i put a life foxen on the alt, which won't be trans for awhile.

Offline Zim

«Reply #23: October 04, 2008, 08:45:54 PM»

Ciro is usually nice enough to make it transferable. <:

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Offline Cigarette

«Reply #24: October 05, 2008, 07:08:11 AM»
Quote from: "Zim"

Ciro is usually nice enough to make it transferable. <:

alrighty, we'll see how things work out. :]

supersaver