supersaver

Author Topic: RNC and DNC  (Read 1808 times)

Offline Militant

RNC and DNC
«: September 08, 2008, 08:27:41 PM»
What'd you think of each? And how do you think they affected (and might affect) the now dead even polls?
"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." -Robert E. Lee

Offline lolo

RNC and DNC
«Reply #1: September 08, 2008, 08:46:12 PM»
how about you just tell us your opinion first, and we'll work from there.[/i]

Offline Militant

RNC and DNC
«Reply #2: September 08, 2008, 08:58:52 PM»
If you'd like...

At the democratic national convention, I felt that Obama actually presented himself real well. I'm not a fan of the man, but boy, does he know how to talk. His speech was pretty moving and many of the things he said would be great, if possible... but he said "he vowed to cut taxes for nearly all working-class families" which I don't understand how that'd work if he believes in universal health care, except that the taxes on the wealthy would just end up paying that. I don't really find that completely fair to them especially if it's someone who has worked up all their life to get that money. (If you don't get what I mean here's a little funny story that puts it into perspective. He also said that he'd "break America's dependence on Mideast oil within a decade" which I don't know is possible because he's violently against offshore drilling... and we've been looking into alternative fuel sources for a long time... so far without any convenient, inexpensive solution. I'm not sure how he'd just snap his fingers and make it happen.

I'll do the RNC in another post later, cause that's all I got time for right now. Give me your thoughts now please
"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." -Robert E. Lee

Sookan

RNC and DNC
«Reply #3: September 09, 2008, 03:59:23 AM»
haha i read some quotes from the other guy, mccain. the dude seriously doesn't know what the HELL he's talking about. if he ever sounds like he does, you can bet it's scripted and not written by him.
if i could, i'd vote for obama for you guys. unless you all WANT another bush, but with attitude.

Offline Cynic

RNC and DNC
«Reply #4: September 09, 2008, 08:38:11 PM»
Quote from: "Sookan"
haha i read some quotes from the other guy, mccain. the dude seriously doesn't know what the HELL he's talking about. if he ever sounds like he does, you can bet it's scripted and not written by him.
if i could, i'd vote for obama for you guys. unless you all WANT another bush, but with attitude.

(I don't live out of the country, but I'm still not quite old enough to vote.)
Once you insult the person behind the opinion, you have already lost the arguement.
Contacts:
email: [email protected]
Furc: Bider, Cadel, or Cynic

Offline ali

RNC and DNC
«Reply #5: September 09, 2008, 08:39:27 PM»
vote for obama if you guys can vote. ^__^

Offline Hugo

RNC and DNC
«Reply #6: September 10, 2008, 01:08:20 AM»
Palin scares the hell out of me.

Offline Zim

RNC and DNC
«Reply #7: September 10, 2008, 01:53:15 AM»
Because this is IN-DEPTH talk, please make your posts and arguments more than just "vote for xxx."
Give reasons why.
Provide an argument.
That's what makes in-depth talk in-depth.

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Sookan

RNC and DNC
«Reply #8: September 10, 2008, 02:11:24 AM»
Quote from: "Cynic"

(I don't live out of the country, but I'm still not quite old enough to vote.)

50% true

even if i was, i'd have to do more research before i placed my vote. it's better to know everything you possibly can when you're deciding who's going to decide the future of your country and represent you.

from what i've read, the consensus of the general public is,
vote for the black guy! HES BLACK
or vote for mccain! HES A TRUE AMERICAN

i have the general gist of their campaigns, too, but most people seem to be leaning towards Obama

Offline Militant

RNC and DNC
«Reply #9: September 10, 2008, 07:30:37 PM»
Actually the polls are tied right now...
But anyways, Obama supporters should take a gander at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4fe9GlWS8 It's awful sad, yet inspirational at the same time. It's about Iraq.

RNC-- I thought Palin did an outstanding job. McCain it seemed was making a risky bet to lean on her and she delivered. I believe that picking her wasn't a roll of the dice really at all. It was a brilliant strategy. He knew she could do it, and she did. Her charisma is definitely something to rival Barack's

McCain's speech was also excellent. Very patriotic and stimulating. For a fella with little charisma, I feel he did a very good job capturing his audience. His speech actually got more views than Obama's. The part about his time as a POW was most touching. He and Cindy McCain've done so much with their lives to help others, our country and even other countries. Barack hasn't done nothing... his greatest accomplishment is writing a book on his favorite topic in this world: himself. I think that contributes to the turning tide now, cause people are now beginning to get the idea that it ain't "who is barack obama" anymore, but "who does he think he is?" But McCain/Palin is looking to be a great match and I think if he's genius to come up with such a plan as to pick her for his running mate and plan it out like that (liberal media is rendered useless cause of it), I think he's the one we need as our commander-in-chief.

Offline sht

RNC and DNC
«Reply #10: September 13, 2008, 09:06:05 AM»
I still say we need to get these replublicans out of office. Obama is fairly young, but that means he has more energy for whats ahead. Our Health care is CRAP. All hospitals are persuaded to buy drugs from companies. Which make us any better. The new McCain Palin commercial was BULL.CRAP. Sara Palin is a bad woman. And don't think I don't know what I'm talking about. Shes still pushing for airel hunting of wolves in Alaska. And, Hell, shes a part of the big oil companies. McCain is no better. Seven years ago he had TOTALLY different views, hes not the same person that he once was. Now, hes a liar. Another bush to screw up our country even more. People change, sometimes not for the better. A lot of voters just want a canidate with their views. (Religion, party, ect.) Personally it really bothers me how McCain is blinding these voters. And Obama would be an Okay president. Not the best. But he would be a refresh from the bull we went through. Now, I haven't watched their speeches. But its always the same damn thing.

Offline Belial

RNC and DNC
«Reply #11: September 13, 2008, 12:25:38 PM»
I'd like to point out that Sarah Palin has more executive experience than either of the two. She has actually balanced a budget which, we need someone in office who knows how to do that. Obama claims to get free healthcare or whatever and not raise taxes. That's a good concept but, it doesn't work but, people don't know that. I'd like to warn you all of the obvious danger of hating one party no matter what and loving the other and saying they do nothing wrong. That will turn us into retards like the sunnis and shiites who can't talk anything over. Mccain didn't pick Palin for charisma probably but, he's just trying to have the younger, less experienced woman to attract young and feminists. And Biden is only Obama's vp because of the experience factor. That and it could appeal to the older white voter. It's the truth, it's all political bullcrap, there is no big difference that either are going to usher in. Unless we get Obama who decides to ruin our reputation and have us cowardly pull out of Iraq and have all those lives on all sides mean for nothing. Then again, he's the president, all these 'revolutionary' things need to be approved by congress. This is a democracy, not a monarchy.

Offline Dio

RNC and DNC
«Reply #12: September 14, 2008, 04:20:45 AM»
"A self-destructive man feels completely alienated, utterly alone. He's an outsider to the human community. He thinks to himself, "I must be insane." What he fails to realize is that society has, just as he does, a vested interest in considerable losses and catastrophes. These wars, famines, floods and quakes meet well-defined needs. Man wants chaos. In fact, he's gotta have it. Depression, strife, riots, murder, all this dread. We're irresistibly drawn to that almost orgiastic state created out of death and destruction. It's in all of us. We revel in it. Sure, the media tries to put a sad face on these things, painting them up as great human tragedies. But we all know the function of the media has never been to eliminate the evils of the world, no. Their job is to persuade us to accept those evils and get used to living with them. The powers that be want us to be passive observers.... And they haven't given us any other options outside the occasional, purely symbolic, participatory act of voting. You want the puppet on the right or the puppet on the left?"
FA - Link

Offline SULLY

RNC and DNC
«Reply #13: October 01, 2008, 05:02:00 PM»
Quote from: "Dai"
I'd like to point out that Sarah Palin has more executive experience than either of the two. She has actually balanced a budget which, we need someone in office who knows how to do that.

what budget? her own budget? alaska's budget?
yes, her discipline over her checkbook and her illustrious career as a sports journalist certainly qualifies her for a position of high political authority. our deficit will just melt away under her well-coiffed expertise!

seriously, i've heard what this woman has to say, and she is basically an idiot.

edit: YES MILITANT I THINK WE ALL KNOW YOU ARE A CONSERVATIVE BY NOW YOU CAN STOP FLAPPING YOUR GUMS

Offline Militant

RNC and DNC
«Reply #14: October 01, 2008, 07:01:48 PM»
I'd like to point out that it's obviously her experience as governor of Alaska, not a sports journalist, that allows her to qualify for the U.S. party ticket. And prodding her lack of political experience just magnifies Barack's, which's only leading to the loss of trust of the liberal media... Same goes with her weird religious rituals and youth.

Offline SULLY

RNC and DNC
«Reply #15: October 01, 2008, 07:41:25 PM»
I'd like to point out that there is a device called sarcasm that I employ.

Offline Militant

RNC and DNC
«Reply #16: October 01, 2008, 07:44:16 PM»
can't understand your tone of voice over the internet... sorry.

Bam

RNC and DNC
«Reply #17: October 01, 2008, 08:15:54 PM»
keep it civil. if you aren't posting about the actual topic at hand, save yourself the finger-work and don't post at all.

Digital Love

RNC and DNC
«Reply #18: October 02, 2008, 07:09:24 AM»
I don't live in the US so I won't vote. But if I could, I would vote for Obama.

I've read on some of the things Palin has said and done. She scares me, irritates me. She comes off as some kind of extreme maniac. McCain is just another Bush, he doesn't know wtf he's talking about.

Quote from: "McCain"
I'm going to be honest: I know a lot less about economics than I do about military and foreign policy issues.

Sounds exactly like what the world needs, eh?

Obama may not be the best you can hope for. He may have put high standards for himself that seem a bit unrealistic... But out of what can be chosen at this point, he seems like... well, the most sane and the most responsible out of the whole bunch. o.O

Sookan

RNC and DNC
«Reply #19: October 02, 2008, 07:32:22 AM»
Quote from: "Digital Love"
I'm going to be honest: I know a lot less about economics than I do about military and foreign policy issues.

especially with the current economical crisis :roll:

Digital Love

RNC and DNC
«Reply #20: October 02, 2008, 07:50:39 AM»
Quote from: "Digital Love"

especially with the current economical crisis :roll:

Exactly my point, lol. Why vote on someone who states he needs to be educated first before he can tackle the economical crisis? It wouldn't make sense to vote for McCain if he himself states he doesn't know wtf to do once he's President.

Obama is no god, no saint, not perfect. But at least he doesn't contradict himself over and over again. I think this video says it all;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEtZlR3zp4c

Offline Militant

RNC and DNC
«Reply #21: October 03, 2008, 04:13:25 PM»
Vice presidential debate went good last night.

Offline Sibsy

RNC and DNC
«Reply #22: October 19, 2008, 10:44:32 PM»
Like we need another old, rich, white person in office. I honestly don't care if McCain was in Vietnam or not, being a veteran doesn't automatically make you a godsend when it comes to politics and leadership skills. A useless war that shouldn't of been started in the first place, just like the Iraq war while placing civilians and soldiers in harm's way for an unnecessary cause.

To say it's cowardly to pull out of Iraq that the Bush administration has placed upon the world, creating more conflict, is asinine. We've already had thousands of our troops killed because of it, you believe it's all right to continue fighting a war that most American's don't believe in? They're fighting for our country, they're fighting for "us", I have family in the military and for someone to say that it's cowardly to remove them, to remove ourselves as quickly as possible from this catastrophic mistake is disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself. This isn't about winning or losing, it's about our people's lives at stake and the lives of innocent Iraqi civilians as well.

The United States is made up of immigrants and minorities, we've faced so many obstacles in receiving the same consideration, the same treatment as a white person and for me, it's a beautiful thing to see a man of a mixed background (regardless of his father being Kenyan and his mother being white) to be able to be Commander-in-Chief. It was only half a decade a go since segregation was in-tact, and I'm not talking about only blacks and hispanics, let's not forget the Japanese families who were placed into work camps because of Pearl Harbor-- not because they had something to do with it, but because of their background.

If you believe John McCain is a suitable president, than kudos to you, but for me, Barack Obama is a much more suitable president. He knows what many of us Americans have gone through, poor neighborhoods, poor education, poor overall living situations. Saying it isn't fair to tax the rich more than working families is a little ridiculous, with wealth comes opportunity and if it were so readily available and easy to become wealthy or rich than I'm sure it would be more fair to tax everyone equally. Most lower-class and middle class families don't have those sorts of opportunities, I can't even afford going to a University so I have to work my ass off twice as hard as someone who is more affluent to get into a good university. The wealthy, the rich, make up 10% or so of the planet's population, who own around 90% of the world while the rest of us are stuck with practically nothing. The rich can afford to pay taxes, and if they don't want to, then that's greed, working families are struggling now more than ever.

Obviously, my vote is for Obama.

Oh, did I mention I'm a Political Science major? Also working for my county's 38th district.