supersaver

Author Topic: O, Negligence!  (Read 1273 times)

Offline Ego

O, Negligence!
«: September 03, 2008, 11:08:03 PM»
Is lacking any sense of courtesy a growing trend on FAM?

I don't know. Maybe I'm just a fairy princess, but tights or no tights, I know I can't be the only one who's noticed. Whether it be a simple decline to an offer or confirming the NFT status of an alt, many, many people seemingly lack the ability to deal with either elementary situation. I feel like nice people aren't taken seriously.

That takes us into the whole 'NFT' deal. I understand how somebody could grow tired of people inquiring about a certain NFT alt, but they also have to realize that for a lot of users, 'NFT' doesn't necessarily mean 'DNB'. So unless stated otherwise (maybe on a user profile or in the description), people ARE going to ask, including myself. It would be lovely to receive a simple reply, no?

I don't know about you guys, but when somebody blatantly ignores me, it strongly steers me away from ever wanting to do business with them. After all, we ARE dealing with money here. GD or digos, it's still money. It IS a business. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

Tell me your thoughts?

Offline Hugo

O, Negligence!
«Reply #1: September 04, 2008, 12:37:38 AM»
I think forums in general all eventually turn into cesspools of in-fighting and slanted moderation.

But at least the beginning is nice, no?

Offline kotzen

O, Negligence!
«Reply #2: September 04, 2008, 08:59:45 AM»
it's not actually a growing trend, it's been around since fam was young. being unnecessarily rude over asking about nfts especially.

i'm pretty nervous inquiring about alts, because i'm afraid the owner will blow up on me. i don't really get it, personally, when a calm and collected decline is all that's needed to make someone stop asking. unless someone is harassing you about an alt, there's really no reason to be a dick. it's not like it helps your business any.

Offline Eevee

O, Negligence!
«Reply #3: September 04, 2008, 12:58:18 PM»
The whole 'NFT' not meaning 'DNB' anymore is the reason I put "Not For Trade = DNB" in my profile lol.

I've never experienced someone being rude or ignoring my questions about NFT alts, but I suppose that's because I never bother asking if they have their alts labeled as 'NFT' because even if it means 'offer really high' to them, it truely means 'DNB' to me. Not to mention I'm happy with the alts I do have.

When someone asks about any 'NFT' alts from me I do my best to not sound like a bitch, though wording through the internet can't always sound the way you meant for it to sound.

I mean I'm sure its quite obvious they're being rude when they go "LOLOLOLFUCKOFF" but sometimes a simple and harmless "Sorry, no." can be taken the wrong way. Its all in how the recipient perceives it.

Offline SULLY

O, Negligence!
«Reply #4: September 04, 2008, 01:58:49 PM»
well usually a lot of people are kind and generous enough to put things in their alt tack threads/profiles/etc such as "IF YOU FUCKING ASK ME ABOUT A MOTHER FUCKING ALT I'LL FUCKING CUT YOU AT THE KNEES AND EAT YOUR MOTHER FUCKING DICK FOR FUCKING BREAKFAST OVER FUCKING OATMEAL FUCK YOU MOTHER FUCKER!!!!!!!!!!"

or something of that nature...
a lot of people are just super fraggin TOUCHY and like to cuss over the internet. i don't ever take it personally. it'd be nice if there wasn't so much angst and no, this is NOT a business.

Offline Narnia

O, Negligence!
«Reply #5: September 04, 2008, 02:37:02 PM»
Quote from: "Hugo"
I think forums in general all eventually turn into cesspools of in-fighting and slanted moderation.

But at least the beginning is nice, no?

You aren't accusing me of what I think you are, are you?  :roll:

What about the status of Creative's alts? http://altmarket.net/index.php?page=alts&user=1&m=o
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Cowboy

O, Negligence!
«Reply #6: September 04, 2008, 03:02:33 PM»
Quote from: "Narnia"
What about the status of Creative's alts? http://altmarket.net/index.php?page=alts&user=1&m=o

Haha! That's amazing. Also loling at brando's reply.

Well, I'm not sure if this is the same as politely inquiring, but it does get rather annoying when after you say no, people decide to try to persuade you to change your mind about an alt's status and throw out reasons why they want it so so so bad. Now, I don't think I've ever been rude to people who do this, but I can imagine it setting off others. I think some people need to take no as no.

As for me asking about NFTs, I don't think I've ever been harshly responded to for asking, to be honest. I don't ask very often at all since even if they ARE for trade, they're going to be very high-priced. As brando said, usually those warnings kind of make it clear that they're nft.
in-game contact: cowboy, dormy

Offline Cardali

O, Negligence!
«Reply #7: September 04, 2008, 03:16:51 PM»
it seems to me that people get really pissy over their alts
fucking pixels
it really, really doesn't make sense to me
why people are all 'OMG NO FUCK U DIS ISNT 4 TRADE N NOW IM GONNA GET ALL MY FRENS 2 HARASS U' instead of just being like 'it's not for trade sorry'
they get all butthurt and i just lol rly hard

Offline ali

O, Negligence!
«Reply #8: September 04, 2008, 03:31:51 PM»
i'm usually nice when someone asks about an alt, and most of the time, we work out a deal because i'm so leniant. however, some alts i actually ~use~ so i don't like them being asked about over 50 times.

after awhile, it gets annoying, and then i think EVERYONE has a reason to bitch if the other person is pushy.

Offline Ego

O, Negligence!
«Reply #9: September 04, 2008, 05:05:47 PM»
Oh god, if only all of us had the "Do Not Bother Or You Get Banned From FAM" option, ahaha. xD I think I speak for a lot of us when I say a 'DNB' status option would be terribly convenient, though, would it not?

Yeah, it's great when people post the 'NFT = DNB' for people to see (thank you, Eevee)... graphically worded or not, works either way. xD

Kotzen, completely agreed. And you and Mauser are so darn nice, it's a shame you have to feel uneasy just for asking. ):

Vanity, I know exactly what you mean. Even if you did happen to snap at the person, I wouldn't blame you in the least bit. That goes for ANYONE who's dealt with that sort of situation. If only they were that persistent with things that bettered the world.

Offline Hugo

O, Negligence!
«Reply #10: September 05, 2008, 05:54:25 PM»
Quote from: "Narnia"

You aren't accusing me of what I think you are, are you?  :roll:

I know it was you who egged my house, damn it! *Shakes fist*

Offline Sheikah

O, Negligence!
«Reply #11: September 06, 2008, 10:41:07 PM»
Eevee said everything I wanted to. c:

supersaver