supersaver

Author Topic: Sarah Palin?  (Read 4703 times)

Offline Militant

Sarah Palin?
«: September 01, 2008, 12:41:18 AM»
What's everyone's opinions on McCain's choice for VP?

My first thought was long the lines of "What the hell?" I'd never of thought he'd pick her... I'd of though it'd be Romney if he was looking for the real conservative pick. But I now see that she could be possibly a good choice. It seems risky though, but it adds up. She's a 'minority' (woman), to appeal towards former Hil supporters and to sort of match Barack being a minority. Second, she's young (44, if I'm correct...) so she matches that of Barack, also. Next, her politics lean on the conservative side, which will appeal to all the conservatives who weren't too comfortable with McCain's moderate standpoints. So she seems to  be a decent choice, I suppose.
"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." -Robert E. Lee

Offline SULLY

Sarah Palin?
«Reply #1: September 01, 2008, 11:00:31 AM»
isn't she the governor of alaska? population 600,000? lol
he should at least pick someone who deserves the position.
everyone is on obama's case about being inexperienced.
i think mccain just picked a chick to titilate those still carrying a torch for hillary. i don't think this did him any favors.

Offline Narnia

Sarah Palin?
«Reply #2: September 01, 2008, 11:49:16 AM»
Can someone tell me where being a self-proclaimed hockey mom before entering into politics only a few years ago became a qualification to hold on of the most important positions in the US?

God forbid something happens to McCain if he is elected president. We will then have a woman with no experience in any politics attempting to run the US.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline lolo

Sarah Palin?
«Reply #3: September 01, 2008, 11:55:54 AM»
Running a state vs. running in the senate?
I'm pretty sure "commanding" Alaska (as small as the population is) is better experience for a job "commanding" the US than spending eight years in the senate running for votes and skipping meetings.

Quote from: "Narnia"

We will then have a woman with no experience in any politics attempting to run the US.

Nice.
Not just minimal experience in politics, but a woman???
gasp!!

Offline Julie

Sarah Palin?
«Reply #4: September 01, 2008, 11:58:32 AM»
he wants the women's vote. that's all.

i'm fine with barrack's choice for his vp but... eh! he shouldve gone with hillary. my opp.

Offline Zim

Sarah Palin?
«Reply #5: September 01, 2008, 12:21:53 PM»
Quote from: "Lord"

i'm fine with barrack's choice for his vp but... eh! he shouldve gone with hillary. my opp.

I don't think she's the kind to play second fiddle to anyone. She may have been a halfway-decent choice to some people, but something tells me it just wouldn't work with those two.

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Offline Militant

Sarah Palin?
«Reply #6: September 01, 2008, 12:45:05 PM»

God forbid something happens to McCain if he is elected president. We will then have a woman with no experience in any politics attempting to run the US.

If you vote Barack, you'd have the same exact thing only instead of it being a woman it'd be a colored man (still minority)... At least Palin's only VP.

I'd of preferred he chose Lieberman, actually... I liked him. And what better tag team than a moderate republican and a moderate democrat. It'd be a perfect balance.

But all in all, it was a risk he took and it's either gonna be the best possible choice and a wonderful success, or a terrible failure. Definitely wouldn't call it a "safe" choice, like Barack's Biden.
"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." -Robert E. Lee

Vince

Sarah Palin?
«Reply #7: September 01, 2008, 01:11:26 PM»
wasn't it a year ago that biden said that obama wasn't ready for the presidency, and that if he were offered to be obama's VP, he wouldn't accept?

Offline Julie

Sarah Palin?
«Reply #8: September 01, 2008, 01:17:30 PM»
Quote from: "Taylor"
wasn't it a year ago that biden said that obama wasn't ready for the presidency, and that if he were offered to be obama's VP, he wouldn't accept?

they see power and cant resist it. at least, thats what i gather from it.

Offline Sibsy

Sarah Palin?
«Reply #9: September 01, 2008, 04:53:43 PM»
Quote from: "Militant"

If you vote Barack, you'd have the same exact thing only instead of it being a woman it'd be a colored man (still minority)... At least Palin's only VP.

it's not the same.

let's compare a senator in illionis to a governor of alaska, two different states, two different populations. despite the fact that yes, barack wasnt a governor, i believe he's had more experience in the political process than palin has. it's alaska ffs, if he is so desperate for hilary supporters and young voters, he should of thought about it before picking a lousy vp.

btw this isnt the 1900s, no need to refer to him as a colored man.

Offline SULLY

Sarah Palin?
«Reply #10: September 01, 2008, 05:02:49 PM»
i agree with narnia.
i wouldn't want someone with her experience making foreign policy decisions. she's the president by default if old shrapnel face should bite the dust (which is likely, he is old as dirt).  it was just a tactic to get the female vote, but i don't think it's going to fool that many people. since when does being a governor mean you're ready to be vice president? it would be like the governor of my state being VP, and that is a fucking horrifying thought. no thank you. probama.

p.s. militant, try to keep your simmering racism to a minimum

Offline Julie

Sarah Palin?
«Reply #11: September 01, 2008, 05:07:14 PM»
personally i think the 'olden days' of choosing a VP would be more sensible..

the runner-up in presidency would be vice president. yes, they might hate each other's guts, but wouldn't that just make sure we have two people that are more ready to be president than... an alaskan governor? plus, they would disagree on more things that would be considered extremely important, and chances are, the more sensible side of the argument would win.

so on so forth blah blah blah

although THAT specific method likely has many flaws, those could be filed out and fixed.

Offline Sync

Sarah Palin?
«Reply #12: September 01, 2008, 05:37:03 PM»

the runner-up in presidency would be vice president. yes, they might hate each other's guts, but wouldn't that just make sure we have two people that are more ready to be president than... an alaskan governor? plus, they would disagree on more things that would be considered extremely important, and chances are, the more sensible side of the argument would win.

although THAT specific method likely has many flaws, those could be filed out and fixed.
iiii don't think so because no only would the two guys hate each other, the people wouldn't like it either.

i mean, even i don't think obama is ready to become president at all.. or hold any office.

Offline Julie

Sarah Palin?
«Reply #13: September 01, 2008, 05:39:49 PM»
Quote from: "Sync"

iiii don't think so because no only would the two guys hate each other, the people wouldn't like it either.

i mean, even i don't think obama is ready to become president at all.. or hold any office.

well, yes, they would hate each other, but it seems now that people have (a little) more self-control when theyre forced to work with people they dont like. the democratic and republican sides would both be represented in the white house.

and, would you rather have sarah palin as president, who likely has much less experience as barack, or... barack, as president?

Offline Sync

Sarah Palin?
«Reply #14: September 01, 2008, 05:59:27 PM»

well, yes, they would hate each other, but it seems now that people have (a little) more self-control when theyre forced to work with people they dont like. the democratic and republican sides would both be represented in the white house.

and, would you rather have sarah palin as president, who likely has much less experience as barack, or... barack, as president?

sarah to be honest rr.
the only thing i really like about obama's ideas are his environmental ideas. butttt that's not the debate here.

Offline Militant

Sarah Palin?
«Reply #15: September 01, 2008, 07:07:51 PM»
Quote from: "Sibsy"

btw this isnt the 1900s, no need to refer to him as a colored man.

Alright... half black better to you?

Quote from: "brando"

McCain's walked the forest of death and returned to tell the tale. Don't think the odds he'll croak in the next four years are very high... That's all yall have against McCain is his age, which doesn't seem to be a very good reason for him not to be elected.  and I don't recall being racist...

agreed. I think it's awful egotistical of him to think he can run the current most powerful country in the world after not even completing one US senate term... maybe in another ten years.

Offline SULLY

Sarah Palin?
«Reply #16: September 01, 2008, 07:13:51 PM»

McCain's walked the forest of death and returned to tell the tale. Don't think the odds he'll croak in the next four years are very high... That's all yall have against McCain is his age, which doesn't seem to be a very good reason for him not to be elected.  and I don't recall being racist...

i didn't say that mccain shouldn't be president (although 8 more years of the same old bullshit seems kind of irresponsible to vote for), or that i didn't like him because of his age. the guy has a fucking child growing out the side of his face, but i'm just SAYING his pick for VP was silly.

what am i supposed to derive from that comment? maybe you just worded it horribly, but that seems like a pretty stupid thing to say.

Offline Militant

Sarah Palin?
«Reply #17: September 01, 2008, 07:18:19 PM»

i didn't say that mccain shouldn't be president (although 8 more years of the same old bullshit seems kind of irresponsible to vote for), or that i didn't like him because of his age. the guy has a fucking child growing out the side of his face, but i'm just SAYING his pick for VP was silly.

He's got skin cancer... he goes in every year and gets a piece of his face removed. it's pretty under control, I've known those who got it and it is easily taken care of. And if you know anything about him, you'd know his views ain't the same as GWB, he's much more moderate. And presidential terms are only 4 years...

what am i supposed to derive from that comment? maybe you just worded it horribly, but that seems like a pretty stupid thing to say.

That Barack Obama ain't a woman and that he's half black? Still a minority, not sure what else you'd derive from it...

Offline SULLY

Sarah Palin?
«Reply #18: September 01, 2008, 07:21:01 PM»
yeah, because it's not uncommon for the incumbent to win the next election....

you don't need to talk to me like i'm stupid.

they way you worded it, you were saying HEY AT LEAST THE MINORITY IS ONLY THE VP IN MCCAIN'S CASE! like, well, it could be worse, a minority could be running for PRESIDENT.......... that is how that came off to me. plus you called him colored a few posts back which is insane.

Offline Militant

Sarah Palin?
«Reply #19: September 01, 2008, 07:24:00 PM»
yeah, because it's not uncommon for the incumbent to win the next election....

you don't need to talk to me like i'm stupid.

they way you worded it, you were saying HEY AT LEAST THE MINORITY IS ONLY THE VP IN MCCAIN'S CASE! like, well, it could be worse, a minority could be running for PRESIDENT.......... that is how that came off to me. plus you called him colored a few posts back which is insane.

I meant that at leas the young, inexperienced candidate is only the VP in McCain's case. Being a minority is just another similarity they have (which appeals to members of that minority). Sorry if you misunderstood... And not sure why that's so insane... he's only half black so I won't call him black, he's only half white so I won't call him white... so colored works.

And who says he'll even run for a second term?

Offline SULLY

Sarah Palin?
«Reply #20: September 01, 2008, 07:26:04 PM»
well, why don't you go find a black person, call them colored, and see what happens.

since when are women a minority anyway?

Offline Militant

Sarah Palin?
«Reply #21: September 01, 2008, 07:27:26 PM»
I'll keep that in mind next time I see one. And I already explained to you, he's only half black...

Offline SULLY

Sarah Palin?
«Reply #22: September 01, 2008, 07:29:48 PM»

since when are women a minority anyway?

Offline Militant

Sarah Palin?
«Reply #23: September 01, 2008, 07:30:43 PM»
Since always...? There's less women than men.

Offline Julie

Sarah Palin?
«Reply #24: September 01, 2008, 07:32:20 PM»
uhh

i wont comment on that

but even though hes not 'entirely' black, we still call him a black man

have you ever turned on the news and seen the headliner 'barack: our first coloured president'? no.