supersaver

Author Topic: resolved; delete please!  (Read 2402 times)

Offline Kenny

resolved; delete please!
«: August 28, 2008, 08:51:17 PM»
TL;DR?

here's the short version:
tarrence traded the alt benzin for the alt arex.
about 5 months later, she suddenly reports it was stolen only after she was told it would cost her 80$ paypal to buy it back.
it took tarrence OVER FIVE MONTHS to report benzin "stolen".
yet... i had a friend who waited FOUR months to report her alt stolen and cironir basically said 'tough shit'. so why did tarrence get benzin back? (c&p'd from below)

NOTE: tarrence was sold and is now under the care of a friend, but the tarrence referred to in this affair is also known as Plasma and Wafer.

think i should get the alt back? whisper me on Foster or PM me here if you want to remain anonymous! i'll add you to my tally. :3

THE LONG VERSION (want all the facts? find them here):

Long story full of bullshit. Here is an email sent to a guardian with pretty much all the evidence i could gather proving that benzin was willingly traded to Pez for the alt Arex; never stolen:

The reason why I suddenly took interest again in this alt was because new information had arisen that had not been present when the alt was first frozen and returned to Tarrence.

The alt name Benzin was created by Tarrence. According to several PMs sent back and forth between Tarrence and Pez on ‘Furcadia Alt Market’, Tarrence had willingly traded Benzin for the alt ‘Arex’. After several attempts to publicly sell the alt on ‘FAM’, Pez gave the alt to Paopu to try and put up for sale. Nobody had shown any interest in the alt for some time until Paopu received a PM from Tarrence. In the PM, Tarrence did inquire about pricing of the alt, but never seemed to bother mentioning that the alt had been 'stolen', as she does now.

Since Paopu never stated a set price for the alt, Tarrence did not get it back. Instead Benzin was traded to myself for the alts ‘Dynasty’ and ‘Elegance’. It was then in my possession, and after about a week or so after the trade had occurred, I attempted to log back onto it and find that it was frozen. This was all over the course of about five to six months or so. Of course, my friend (Kenny (also Kyle and Craig for the logs following)) contacts Tarrence about it, and Tarrence had claimed that it was stolen, and even informed Paopu about it and that Paopu went behind her back and sold it anyways. In the end, Tarrence then had the alt frozen and it was, by my choice, returned to her.

Now after investigation, the collection of PMs and whispers has led me to believe that maybe Tarrence had been dishonest the whole time, and that this whole thing was a scam in itself, since Tarrence never did say anything to Paopu about the theft when she says she did. With all the proof, I, being myself and the others involved on my side of the situation, figure that it isn’t as resolved as I thought it was, and so now we figure it shouldn’t really have been returned, since it wasn’t even stolen in the first place. Following this will be some of the ‘evidence’ pulled together after my friend’s investigation into this situation.

<logs removed>

According to this whisper conversation with Rooke (Tarrence’s current best/closest friend), Tarrence used to be Benzin on FAM (as seen in the PM below). This means that it was indeed Tarrence who PM’d Pez here, despite the fact that it was from under a different account name;

From:   Benzin To:  pez Posted:  19 Feb 2008 02:40 Subject:  omg pee em!
(summarized)But yes, I think I'd trade you Benzin for Arex.

At the end of the PM, Tarrence clearly states that she will willingly trade the alt Benzin for Pez’s alt Arex. Here is proof that Tarrence did at some point own Arex:
( Direct quote found here: http://www.altmarket.net/viewtopic.php?t=10735&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=arex&start=90 )
Tarrence:
Yur lookin fer a new main now, too?
I have Arex. xD

Below, Rooke clarifies that she did get Arex from Tarrence, who was the only person to own Arex after Pez sold it (alt history: created by Pez. Traded to Tarrence under the account ‘Benzin’ in exchange for the alt Benzin. Arex given to Rooke by Tarrence. Currently owned by Rooke). So obviously, the trade went smoothly, meaning Pez now had Benzin.

<logs removed>

This as well as the post directly from Tarrence patches up the missing link between Tarrence’s two accounts (Tarrence and Benzin); therefore proving that the alt was not stolen, it was willingly given in exchange for another alt (Arex).

From:   GLaDOS To:  Paopu Posted:  July 16, 2008, 8:11 pm Subject:  hay  Quote message friend of mine had benzin long ago and she rly wants him back, i know i have some alts you still want so if you could take a look again i'd really appreciate it X: i know previous offer was like 40 or whatever but i'd still love it if you could try and help me owwwwwt >: i know you don't use him all that often so i'm really hoping that we can strike some sort-of easy deal >_< <3 <3

This is a PM from Rooke (A.K.A. GLaDOS on FAM) to Paopu. Rooke does say that her “friend” (Tarrence) would like Benzin returned to her with intentions of paying, but does not mention the alt being stolen.

Craig: [Tarrence] told you about the alt being stolen. You were supposed to let her buy the character from you, and then you went behind her back and traded it. so she went ahead and talked to Cironir about it. He told her that it'd be too much trouble to get back, so she told him to just "let it go".
Craig: this is incorrect?
Leeron: she never said anything. ANYTHING. about it being stolen. [she] is lying, or she was talking to the wrong person.
Leeron: i only got four pms from her. the first saying it was her original alt, she wanted it, i replied, then again saying she still wanted it, and she'd still pay. i gave it to ambi cause she had stuff i wanted, then i get a PM from rooke, saying tarrence still wants it back, and i said id sold it. i got absolutely NOTHING of saying it was stolen.

A whisper conversation with Paopu (Leeron) confirming that neither Tarrence nor Rooke informed Paopu about Benzin being 'stolen'. No consensus was ever made between Paopu and Tarrence promising Tarrence the alt. The alt was not on hold for Tarrence, nor had Tarrence done anything to secure the deal with Paopu such as a ‘down payment’ on the alt. Therefore, Paopu was free to trade the alt or do with it what she willed – ergo, trading the alt to myself for the alts Elegance and Dynasty.

PMs on FAM from Tarrence and Rooke (as GLaDOS) were sent to Paopu concerning Benzin and wanting to buy him back. Never once did they mention that it was stolen. Only after they were told by Carnival that the alt would cost them 80$ to buy back from us, was the report about it being stolen filed.

BENZIN; ALT HISTORY: created by Tarrence, traded to Pez for the alt Arex. Pez gave Benzin to Paopu. Paopu traded Benzin for the alts Elegance and Dynasty. Benzin now owned by me (Ambi). Alt frozen and returned to Tarrence. Currently in Tarrence’s possession.

Ambi: Hello there, sir! Sorry to bother you, but I wanted to ask about what happened with the character 'Benzin'. Was it suspended/banned/frozen??
Cironir: Well, you could start by explaining to me why you didn't give it back to the player who told you that it had been stolen, and instead tried get a lot more from her than you apparently “paid” for it.
Ambi: The way she had explained it didn't sound like it was stolen. But I can understand the problem and if that's what she wants, then she can have it back.
Cironir: A better approach would have been to contact us and ask about it - rather than trying to get a premium price from someone who may have been a theft victim.

Here is a conversation between Cironir and I right after Benzin failed to log in/got frozen. I clearly state that I ‘understand the problem’ - the problem of course being the alt getting ‘stolen’ from Tarrence. This was before the above evidence was discovered.

Cironir’s use of the word “may” also implies that it is not a fact that the alt was stolen.

I hold no grudge against Tarrence and have never had any positive nor negative encounters with her and am therefore not trying to get the alt returned to myself out of spite. I feel as if I have been cheated out of my alt, and that Tarrence made a fool of the moderators by presenting a most likely false sob story of theft and other wrong-doings that was previously believed to be true. She abused their trust and she manipulated in order to get back an alt that Tarrence was regretting trading for a different alt. All in all, it may have been a wrong ending, and we just more or less want this to be heard and understood.

________________________ __
Benzin WAS shared between Carnival and I, so yes, this is my business.

honestly, what do you guys think?
cironir read the email and took no action, but i remain stubborn on believing that this entire ordeal is bullshit. there is CLEAR evidence that the trade was willing.
it took tarrence OVER FIVE MONTHS to report benzin "stolen".
yet... i had a friend who waited FOUR months to report her alt stolen and cironir basically said 'tough shit'. so why did tarrence get benzin back?

i think my evidence is stronger than her empty claim with no evidence, dont you?

Offline La-la

resolved; delete please!
«Reply #1: August 28, 2008, 09:07:01 PM»
I have permission to post these logs between Rooke and I. This is, at least, the story Tarrance told Rooke, and I went to Rooke after hearing the story from Kenny because I knew Tarrence was her friend, and we had almost done business before she dropped out last minute.

Rooke: "lemme explain it to you :B"
Lala: "i figured you could xDD i dont want to think bad of someone just because its a one sided story "
Rooke: "she created benzin a while ago, designed the character, etc etc"
Rooke: "her computer imploded so she obv couldn't use it"
Rooke: "well her brother managed to fix it up a bit and started using it and playing furc"
Rooke: "he sold benzin to pez behind tar's back"
Rooke: "and she really wanted him back, for obvious reasons"
Rooke: "by that time it was listed on elysse's list, so i pm'd her about it"
Rooke: "and she'"
Rooke: "d already traded it to ambi and kenny"
Rooke: "ambi had paid for the alt, not kenny though"
Rooke: "and ambi had been a real cunt about it when i asked her, which was disheartening but nothing i could do"
Rooke: "she was like '80 dollars lol'"
Rooke: "and i had already paid 60 to get arex back for tar, so i was broke as a joke"
Rooke: "i told her what ambi said and she decided to ask cironir if there was anything she could do"
Rooke: "he said, basically,"
Rooke: "that because it was traded from her comp it was her loss, etc etc, DEP bullshit"
Rooke: "well"
Rooke: "a few days later, tar gets an email from cironir"
Rooke: "stating that"
Rooke: "ambi herself"
Rooke: "gave the password to cironir to give to tar"
Rooke: "no questions asked"
Rooke: "oh and i should also mention"
Rooke: "kenny lost NOTHING by benzin being given back to tar, but she got 4 free portspaces out of it from ciro, so idk"
Rooke: "but yeah"
Rooke: "ambi gave it back of her own free will"
Rooke: "it was never bought from her and ciro never wretched it from her hands"
Rooke: "so i have no idea what the gay they're talking about thievery"

So, according to Tarrence, at least, to her best friend, it was her brother that sold the alt Benzin to Pez. But, as the PMs state, the alt Arex was traded for it. Now, was the password willingly given to Cironir like also mentioned?

Rooke clarifies that she did get Arex, Benzin was traded for Arex, so really, it seems you should still have this alt, because it was traded fairly. But if the password was willingly given to Cironir, not to unfreeze the alt but just willingly given up, I don't believe the alt should be given back.
have YOU had the stick removed from your ass today? :)

Offline Kenny

resolved; delete please!
«Reply #2: August 28, 2008, 09:10:36 PM»
well, the password itself was not given to cironir but the alt had been willingly returned upon understanding it had been "stolen" and "sold" by Tarrence's brother.

Offline La-la

resolved; delete please!
«Reply #3: August 28, 2008, 09:11:52 PM»
And that was only because you didn't have the evidence you have now, which is a heaping amount?

Offline Kenny

resolved; delete please!
«Reply #4: August 28, 2008, 09:14:17 PM»
Correct.

Offline La-la

resolved; delete please!
«Reply #5: August 28, 2008, 09:18:00 PM»
Rooke, who is currently banned, asked me to post this for them. These are not my views or opinions at all, I'm simply doing it as a favour for an involved member who is banned off of FAM.

Rooke: I made a mistake in assuming that the account 'Benzin' was also Tarrence. I'm sure if someone checks the 'last logged in' records it'd be from a while ago, since her brother quit quite some time ago. Benzin as an FAM account -isn't- her. It's not really allowed to have more than one account, so if it WAS her something would have been done about it by now. But no, Benzin was the account her brother used since Benzin was the only alt Tarrence had way back in Feb. When he started using it he joined FAM as Benzin, which makes a lot of sense seeing as that was the only alt Tar had. I mis-spoke myself when I said something about the account Benzin, I had assumed that it WAS hers but I'm a fucking idiot and hadn't been thinking.

Offline La-la

resolved; delete please!
«Reply #6: August 28, 2008, 09:20:27 PM»
And in my own reply to that, this is the direct quote from Tarrence in the link you posted.

Tarrence

June 6, 2008, 5:47 pm    Post subject:    Reply with quote
Yur lookin fer a new main now, too?
I have Arex. xD

He is loved by many men.
Man hot, steamy, sexy men.

...Dayum. O.O

Tarrence acknowledged they had Arex, which, was collateral for the trade. Therefore, it validates everything that happened, including a fair trade and transaction that led Benzin to the alt's new owners. Benzin is the rightful property of Kenny/Nazi/Ale and Ambi/Carnival.

Offline Kenny

resolved; delete please!
«Reply #7: August 28, 2008, 09:21:51 PM»
Agreed.

Offline La-la

resolved; delete please!
«Reply #8: August 28, 2008, 09:23:14 PM»
Also, from Benzin themselves

Benzin

Replies: 155
Views: 7235
   PostForum: Alt Tack   Posted: February 18, 2008, 10:16 pm   Subject: day;; { selling MANGA, YU KANDA, ESPADA-- etc. }
lolz.
You should trade me Arex for Benzin. x3 <3
</lol>

Ugh, pezzz...

I like Identity and Arex. :3
Must...scrape...up...mon eys..

Offline La-la

resolved; delete please!
«Reply #9: August 28, 2008, 09:29:21 PM»
Also, the posts from Tarrence do not begin until April 18th 2008. Benzin's end February 2008. So it could still be the same person, just with new account names.

Offline Kenny

resolved; delete please!
«Reply #10: August 28, 2008, 09:35:47 PM»
If Tarrence's computer broke, it could be possible that she created the account Benzin and when her computer crashed she lost her password and therefore made a new account; the one she has now.

Offline Kenny

resolved; delete please!
«Reply #11: August 28, 2008, 09:39:11 PM»
Quote from: "La-la"
Rooke: "well"
Rooke: "a few days later, tar gets an email from cironir"
Rooke: "stating that"
Rooke: "ambi herself"
Rooke: "gave the password to cironir to give to tar"

this isn't true. the same day that ambi and i spoke to tarrence and cironir about benzin, the same day it was frozen, she had it returned to her.

and as i said above, ambi didnt give the password directly to cironir or w/e rooke thinks.

Quote from: "La-la"
It's not really allowed to have more than one account, so if it WAS her something would have been done about it by now.

rooke said that btw...

um, no, nothing can be done about the account if it had a different IP address.

Offline Zim

resolved; delete please!
«Reply #12: August 30, 2008, 10:17:13 PM»
This is just a reminder to keep everything civil (not saying any of you have been anything but).

I'll be keeping an eye on this to make sure nothing gets out of hand.

I would also like to remind users not to post on behalf of banned members, regardless of whether they have a part or not. If they have something to say, they can speak to a staff member about posting it.

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Offline Kenny

resolved; delete please!
«Reply #13: August 30, 2008, 10:18:56 PM»
much appreciated. #SO

Johnny

resolved; delete please!
«Reply #14: September 01, 2008, 03:55:47 AM»
Just so it's clear, I'm the one who owns the alt Tarrence now....

Offline Zodiac

resolved; delete please!
«Reply #15: September 01, 2008, 10:32:49 AM»
Just my input here, but..

I distinctly remember the alt Benzin going up for sale. I remember this because it was the first time I had seen Benzin around since I made a portrait for them, and I chatted back and forth with them via PM about them quitting and whatnot. I also distinctly remember that their sale thread stated that they had an unuploaded port (made by me), and that whoever bought it could contact me to get it. I also remember giving Pez a copy of the portrait, as indicated, after she bought it.

Offline Kenny

resolved; delete please!
«Reply #16: September 01, 2008, 04:52:39 PM»
for clarification...

do you recall who exactly was selling the alt? and do you still have PMs?

Offline Zodiac

resolved; delete please!
«Reply #17: September 01, 2008, 09:49:57 PM»
It was the original owner and creator of the alt Benzin, whoever that is now. We talked about the port I made for them back in the day. I don't have the PMs anymore, since this was a pretty long time ago.

Offline Kenny

resolved; delete please!
«Reply #18: September 01, 2008, 10:49:20 PM»
hm... okay, thanks~ <3

supersaver