Poll

Am I Right? Or Wrong?

Right
6 (42.9%)
Wrong
8 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: August 22, 2008, 02:48:31 PM

Author Topic: Hmm. Right or Wrong? - Resolved. Lock please!  (Read 839 times)

Hojo

• Topic Author
Hmm. Right or Wrong? - Resolved. Lock please!
«: August 22, 2008, 02:41:33 PM»
----RESOLVED----

Alrighty. I need some opinions on this.

Say someone, named "Gerry" was sharing a few alts with me and I was doing the same, "Gerry" turns around and sells the shared alt of hers and I decide to take the ones I am sharing with her back. Since there was no point in sharing mine if she sold her own.
Now, in the past she did transfer a port of hers to an alt of mine in goodwill. But the port was on an alt she had bought and had never created nor commished anyone for the port.

Recently she has asked that I return the port to her old alt and pay for it. Now I need people's opinions. Does she have the right to ask for a port she gave me, back? And I have to pay for the transfer?

This doesnt seem fair in my opinion. But I would like to hear what others think.

Edit: List reasons for voting please.

----RESOLVED----

Offline Tonks

«Reply #1: August 22, 2008, 02:59:03 PM»
When someone gives something to you knowingly, it is rightfully yours and is no longer in their possession. This is just like selling alts. Once you give it away it is no longer your say where it goes or what is done with it, because it's not yours anymore.

It's not the 'nice' thing to do, especially if it was a gift, but it is rightfully yours and I think you should be able to do what you want with it.

If she really wants it back, she should at least have to pay to transfer it back. After all, it's not your fault she sent it to you. She can pay for her own fault, if you decide to give it back.

Hojo

• Topic Author
«Reply #2: August 22, 2008, 03:10:35 PM»
Thank you <3.

The case has been resolved. I just wanted some opinions, but others deemed it fit to vote only. I have decided to keep the port, but pay them 10 Gds to have it as my own.
Sad, but it makes me feel better than everyone getting angry over this.

-flails- ;-;

supersaver