supersaver

Author Topic: Oh, Stolen? Or lost?  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Zanza

Oh, Stolen? Or lost?
«: August 13, 2008, 10:29:29 PM»
I was going through my old alts, when I realized for some reason I couldn't log on to my alt Oh.

I've had the name for a long time, and have logs, and inis to prove such. But I recieved Oh during a hectic time in my life, and I think that perhaps I didn't get the chance to change Oh's email, because it's not on the email most of my alts are set to.

Oh is ported twice, so it didn't expire, and try as I may, I can't log on it. Apparently the username and password are not correct. Or at least the password I had the alt set to.

I haven't seen anyone online with Oh, so perhaps it's set to an old e-mail of mine? That or the previous owner changed the pw. Sad part is it's been so long since I bought Oh that I kind of forgot who I even got it from.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do to go about recovering the alt?

Offline Mecha

Oh, Stolen? Or lost?
«Reply #1: August 13, 2008, 10:37:59 PM»
I remember speaking to someone by the alt name Oh over a year ago, but that's sort of irrelevant. However, are you the same person that owned Oh as Trial Staff at Dog Pound?

I swear I've seen emits regarding the name there, and only a few days ago.

Digital Love

Oh, Stolen? Or lost?
«Reply #2: August 13, 2008, 10:39:25 PM»
Make sure you try to have the password emailed to you first. You didn't share if you tried it already, but if you didn't go here.

If you did try that and haven't received an email within 24 hours, send an email to [email protected] and ask them to recover the alt for you. Include the name of an alt you login to most frequently so they can compare info. If the last person who logged into Oh was you they will be able to tell, and if validated I believe they can return the alt to you.

Should there have been someone who claimed the alt without your knowledge, they will be able to tell and deal with it appropriately. But since you never seem to find Oh online, I doubt that's the case.

Good luck :D

Offline Astronaut

Oh, Stolen? Or lost?
«Reply #3: August 13, 2008, 10:39:47 PM»
http://www.altmarket.net/viewtopic.php?t=2734

if any of those don't fit i dunno search around, if someone hacked your alt you could always report it  :roll:
Formerly 'Estelle'

Offline Julie

Oh, Stolen? Or lost?
«Reply #4: August 13, 2008, 10:40:50 PM»
Quote from: "Labatt"
I remember speaking to someone by the alt name Oh over a year ago, but that's sort of irrelevant. However, are you the same person that owned Oh as Trial Staff at Dog Pound?

I swear I've seen emits regarding the name there, and only a few days ago.

yes, Oh is trial staff at Dog Pound

i have not seen them on for a few days but if i do see them i will talk to them

Offline Zanza

Oh, Stolen? Or lost?
«Reply #5: August 13, 2008, 10:45:50 PM»
I'm definately not the same Oh thats trial staff in DP, so if there is someone running around on Oh, then I think that the name has been hacked.

I have had the alt for like over a year I believe, and it's been at least a good three months since I logged on to the alt due to a move.

And, there was no one I was sharing the alt with... so I think we're having a mix up.

If you can, next time to see Oh online, perhaps ask them how they got ahold of the alt?

In the case that it is stolen, I would like to get it back.

What a headache.... x.x

Offline bowlegged

Oh, Stolen? Or lost?
«Reply #6: August 14, 2008, 12:23:42 AM»
I have seen Oh yesterday, and they are putting Oh up for a prize in a contest.
Sorry about this  :oops:

Edit: Alts cannot be hacked, look here for more info on what could have happened:
http://altmarket.net/viewtopic.php?t=2734
Make Money
Ask if you have any questions

Offline M0B

Oh, Stolen? Or lost?
«Reply #7: August 14, 2008, 09:05:17 AM»
alts can be hacked if the persons got your acuall email account x.x Both my mains who I created, never gave out information was hacked do to a hacked email acount :P thought it only took 5 minutes to get it back (all by the email acount)

But anyways, talk to Cironir, and he will figure everything out for you :)

Offline bowlegged

Oh, Stolen? Or lost?
«Reply #8: August 14, 2008, 11:55:24 AM»
Quote from: "Toxicated"
alts can be hacked if the persons got your acuall email account x.x Both my mains who I created, never gave out information was hacked do to a hacked email acount :P thought it only took 5 minutes to get it back (all by the email acount)

But anyways, talk to Cironir, and he will figure everything out for you :)

Oh yeah :o Never thought of that :)
Make Money
Ask if you have any questions

Corn

Oh, Stolen? Or lost?
«Reply #9: August 14, 2008, 02:56:37 PM»
i saw oh yesturday and he is infact trail staff at the dog pound
do you remember who gave you oh? i would talk to them and i will try whispering oh for you

Offline Jax

Oh, Stolen? Or lost?
«Reply #10: August 15, 2008, 11:55:16 AM»
Oh was just online, I only noticed it now and tried to whisper them but they logged off.

Offline Mecha

Oh, Stolen? Or lost?
«Reply #11: August 15, 2008, 01:08:01 PM»
Oh just signed on at Dog Pound. Has anyone else contacted them beforehand?

Offline Naom

Oh, Stolen? Or lost?
«Reply #12: August 15, 2008, 01:27:59 PM»
Well, i am the current owner of Oh.
It was given to me by a friend.
It it truely was stolen i will gladly give it to you.
I don't mind.
I just feel really bad that this has happend.
I got oh around july 26th which was given to my for my b-day.
Please contact me on Oh or Lonely and we can sort this all out.

After 2pm today please message me on Msn
[email protected]

Offline Kitu

oh
«Reply #13: August 15, 2008, 01:35:45 PM»
oh got oh from a friend
he had no idea it was stolen or something
till like now.

Offline Jax

Oh, Stolen? Or lost?
«Reply #14: August 15, 2008, 04:01:26 PM»
I think Veijo should also let us know who this friend is.

Offline Kally

Oh, Stolen? Or lost?
«Reply #15: August 21, 2008, 04:28:56 AM»
I think I recall Theorum(old old old friend of mine) owning Oh once.. idk if its you or what. o_o~
Asa & Kally!
Engaged as of 11-30-2015
~ <3 ~

Offline Zodiac

Oh, Stolen? Or lost?
«Reply #16: August 21, 2008, 11:20:00 AM»
Being that the current owner of the alt has already posted here and offered to work things out with the OP i am going to lock this thread for now. If anyone has any relevant information or when the OP and the current owner of the alt get things sorted please PM me and i will unlock it to update.

supersaver