supersaver

Author Topic: alt trading as a whole.  (Read 1833 times)

Offline Jenni

alt trading as a whole.
«: August 13, 2008, 12:51:16 AM»
is it just me or is the status 'nft/dnb' fading. people plaster these labels on their alts and i see them selling them a week later. then people, even when an alt is clearly stated nft/dnb, decide to bother the owner about the alt or ask for contact info for it. why would you need contact info if an alt is NOT FOR TRADE/DO NOT BOTHER?

furthermore, it's come to my understanding that even non-traders are bothered of the status of their alt. before the age of alt trading, people could simply have a good alt. recently, i've been bothered about one of my nft alts, and behind my back (to a friend, actually) been called a stubborn bitch for not trading it and being overall offensive about the question.

although i do enjoy alt trading to the extent that i can get alts i want, and make some profit out of ones i don't use anymore, i feel the whole thing has gone kind of downhill. it's impossible for me to sometimes dignify a person anymore because i am unfamiliar of their real name and their mains change on a week to week basis. people create some of the most undesirable alts and go about spamming about it in hopes they can gain profit. people, like me, are bothered and given a label to their personalities for what they do with an alt. i'm pretty sure people judge other people also on what they have - whether they have a good alt or not, have nice ports, or have digos - because people today are so narcissistic they feel the need to not only list their nft/dnb alts, but also list all of their digos, portraits, and artwork too.

i don't know, that's just my opinion!!
tl;dr? too fucking bad

sorry if this is a repeat thread.

Offline Ree

alt trading as a whole.
«Reply #1: August 13, 2008, 01:06:55 AM»
i never dnb my alts, because if someone wants to offer real money for my VIRTUAL name, i let them waste their money, and people who bother on DNB alts are usually right, because i see a lot of idiots putting this alt is NFT/DNB but i still take offers and you have to impress me

most good alts aren't non-traders they're just hoarded by idiots who never use them and want them for the sole purpose of not letting anyone else get them.  :roll:
dmnit!

Offline Kratos

alt trading as a whole.
«Reply #2: August 13, 2008, 11:45:27 AM»
ohoh i has story.
Kratos is clearly labeled as SHARED and NFT, and some idiot had the balls to PM me and ask me about its status and what i'd trade it for.
UM, WHAT?
(let me also say that they clearly acknowledged what my profile says ("don't ask about nfts"))

and when i responded somewhat rudely (albeit not as badly as i normally would have), all of a sudden i'm wasting my time and i'm being a bitch.
okay, yeah. good way to get a fucking alt.

if an alt's DNB or NFT, it means it's NOT GOING ANYWHERE.
people are slapping the labels on their "mains" then selling them the next week so they can get a new pretty ported alt as their main, and they can "DNB" that too.
ohoh, but remember.. you can still make offers!!

does NFT/DNB just mean "offer a shitload of money plz" now or something?

Offline Hugo

alt trading as a whole.
«Reply #3: August 13, 2008, 11:48:24 AM»
Haven't paid that much attention to traders to notice this problem. But I wouldn't dwell on it.

Offline Eevee

alt trading as a whole.
«Reply #4: August 13, 2008, 12:10:43 PM»
To me, NFT=DNB=Don't freaking ask about it.

If someone has an alt labeled as DNB/NFT I won't bother for it, even if they say they'll trade it if asked for the right price.

All my NFT alts are NFT because they're special to me in one way or another, whether its because I just really love the design I came up with or they've found a place in my mind where I'm able to make up a life history and a story I want to put them in.

As for the meaning for DNB/NFT, I feel people only slap that on alts they're selling in hopes people will get desperate and offer some outrageous price for it.

Sookan

alt trading as a whole.
«Reply #5: August 13, 2008, 12:30:24 PM»
Quote from: "Penelope"
does NFT/DNB just mean "offer a shitload of money plz" now or something?

to most people.

i'd give up a "DNB" if i had one, for the right price. besides sookan, that is, since i've used that name for way too long and it has no value anyway.

recently i sold one of my best alts, so i could get myself a nintendo DS(i dont work ok).
and i still have money left over after that(on top of that, the new owner wont resell it because they really liked the name).

alts are... a means to an end. a few letters. i'm not one to be fleeced, though, so i'm getting my money's worth out of them if i'm getting money at all.

Mollie

alt trading as a whole.
«Reply #6: August 13, 2008, 12:38:55 PM»
Yea. I notice these things alot too. I go away for a bit and come back and suddenly these "nft-dnbs" show up as AUCTIONS which are they? dnb or an auction. I think people slap that lable on their favorite alts because they think it gives the alt more of a high value, and the chance that people may pay more because the person selling it REALLY LOVES IT bla bla bla.

Offline Tillandsia

alt trading as a whole.
«Reply #7: August 13, 2008, 01:00:57 PM»
I do not understand for the life of me why people bother listing DNB/NFT alts on their TRADING threads.
If you don't have any intentions of selling it, than don't advertise it. Simple as that.  :roll:

People who do don't have any right to complain about people asking if they have them on their thread. (List only is one thing, but on a trading thread is something different.)

Offline SULLY

alt trading as a whole.
«Reply #8: August 13, 2008, 01:14:36 PM»
a lot of alt traders are jerks anyway, they tell you to FUCK OFF DON'T FUCKING OFFER FUCKING ART I DON'T FUCKING WANT YOUR FUCKING SHIT ART IMPRESS ME OR GTFO in their for-sale threads which seems highly uncalled for. no need to get your balls in a knot.

putting nft/dnb alts on alt tack threads is a pretty useless thing to do...
especially when you use those alts as the subject line for your thread......

Offline Tillandsia

alt trading as a whole.
«Reply #9: August 13, 2008, 02:09:24 PM»
Quote from: "brando"
a lot of alt traders are jerks anyway, they tell you to FUCK OFF DON'T FUCKING OFFER FUCKING ART I DON'T FUCKING WANT YOUR FUCKING SHIT ART IMPRESS ME OR GTFO in their for-sale threads which seems highly uncalled for. no need to get your balls in a knot.

Yeah..Lol xD
I think a lot of people just put their NFT/DNB alts (including pictures of their ports e.e) just to show them off or taunt people with them...really pointless

Offline kotzen

alt trading as a whole.
«Reply #10: August 13, 2008, 03:01:14 PM»
Quote from: "Effira"

Yeah..Lol xD
I think a lot of people just put their NFT/DNB alts (including pictures of their ports e.e) just to show them off or taunt people with them...really pointless

i doubt it's to show off. it's more likely that they're expecting ungodly offers to pour in for them since they're listed as 'dnb'. so the status is just misleading. or they use it to bring people to their thread by using it in the thread title, as brando said.

Offline SULLY

alt trading as a whole.
«Reply #11: August 13, 2008, 05:42:58 PM»
Quote from: "Kotzen"

Yeah..Lol xD

i doubt it's to show off. it's more likely that they're expecting ungodly offers to pour in for them since they're listed as 'dnb'. so the status is just misleading. or they use it to bring people to their thread by using it in the thread title, as brando said.

usually the alts AND the ports suck anyway.

Offline Julie

alt trading as a whole.
«Reply #12: August 13, 2008, 05:46:24 PM»
i occasianally put some of my ~boarderline~ nft/dnb alts up for auction, to see if i could get real money for them when i'm in need of some (or just see one of my highly-wanted alts OFT), but i do lable them as "NFT/DNB", instead of "Boarderline NFT/DNB". i'm not sure why.

as ive stated in another thread, all my alts have a price. i won't be stupid if someone offers me 1,000 dollars for this alt or that. 1,000 dollars real money. mmm buy you games and all those things you wanted at the mall, or a pixelated name that you could likely just switch the design over to another alt? personally i would prefer to rock out on guitar hero than log onto an alt that ive probably had for a while and hardly used. but that is a personal preference, i know some people would rather roleplay than kill monsters.

umm i dont remember what else i was gonna say.

Offline Ree

alt trading as a whole.
«Reply #13: August 13, 2008, 06:23:31 PM»
Quote from: "Julie"
personally i would prefer to rock out on guitar hero than log onto an alt that ive probably had for a while and hardly used. but that is a personal preference, i know some people would rather roleplay than kill monsters.

you single?  :wink:
dmnit!

Offline Julie

alt trading as a whole.
«Reply #14: August 13, 2008, 07:23:04 PM»
Quote from: "Ree"
Quote from: "Julie"
personally i would prefer to rock out on guitar hero than log onto an alt that ive probably had for a while and hardly used. but that is a personal preference, i know some people would rather roleplay than kill monsters.

you single?  :wink:

perhaps #SD

Offline Cowboy

alt trading as a whole.
«Reply #15: August 13, 2008, 07:43:23 PM»
When people list their DNB/NFTs up in their thread, I automatically assume that they're possibly taking offers or trying to figure out how much it could be worth in case they decide to sell it one day.

But, when they have something like 'DO NOT OFFER IF YOU OFFER I'LL BREAK YOUR LEGS AND BE REALLY PISSED GRRRRRRRR' under an alt that's listed on their TRADING thread, I just.. shake my head.
in-game contact: cowboy, dormy

Mollie

alt trading as a whole.
«Reply #16: August 14, 2008, 08:28:40 AM»
I do not understand for the life of me why people bother listing DNB/NFT alts on their TRADING threads.
If you don't have any intentions of selling it, than don't advertise it. Simple as that.  :roll:

People who do don't have any right to complain about people asking if they have them on their thread. (List only is one thing, but on a trading thread is something different.)

agreed.

Offline Harley

alt trading as a whole.
«Reply #17: August 14, 2008, 09:26:58 AM»
I was wondering if anyone was going to notice that bullshit of people posting their NFTs/DNBs up and saying they aren't for sale.  It's stupid, and really, they only do it to show off.  It's fine if you list them as a contact method, but to go so far as to list all their stupid (and most times ugly) portraits like we're supposed to care just says to me they're trying to show off or bait you into offering an outrageous price for their, more often than not, mediocre names.

Yes, I'm one of those NFT/DNBs who "hoards" but at least I don't attempt to milk people for their money with their status.  Many of those alts have used portrait spaces with art I made, and a great many I've also sold.  Yes, for crazy amounts of money too in some cases (though 200 I think is as far as one went).  Many of my names have a lot of sentimental value to me, and while I may not use them anymore, it's just like not wanting to give up that old car of yours.

Listing NFT/DNBs as a "I want to see what I could get for this" is fine and dandy if it's listed as such, but listing as "NOT FOR FUCKING TRADE EVER YOU STUPID FAGS ARGH NERD RAGE MOTHERFUCKER!!!!11!" while showing off all their portraits, listing all their digos, and ect. just screams many different things.

People don't like to accept NFT/DNB as the end all and be all.  They assume that everyone has a price, and that's because of the people who do list their names as "never ever ever never ever for trade" do, in fact, sell them.  In effect, everyone automatically assumes people have a buying price when there are a good number who don't.  This is why it's been suggested numerous times to make a new category for names that denotes that while they are "nft" they are still purchasable for the right amount.

No, this sort of thing isn't really worth dwelling on, I agree, but it's still annoying as hell.

Offline SULLY

alt trading as a whole.
«Reply #18: August 14, 2008, 11:38:24 AM»
if names are able to be bought for some amount, they aren't "not for trade" anyway. i put alts as "not for trade" when i don't want to be bothered about them, then they go up for trade when i'm ready to sell. i would never list deadwood on my thread because (while no one would probably want it anyway) i'm never getting rid of it.

the most useless thing is to list autobuys for DNB alts as something like...
AB: MINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINE MINE!!!!
GO AWAY!!!!! MINE!!!!!!! MY BABY!!!!

hey, get a fuckin life.

Offline Jax

alt trading as a whole.
«Reply #19: August 14, 2008, 10:10:15 PM»
Personally, I like to have all my alts listed in my thread, DNB's and all.. That's only because I tend to one day worship this alt with my soul, and then the next day I wanna sell it. It saves me the trouble of putting in all of an alt's information, and then I might wanna take it out, theeeen I gotta put it back if I wanna put it backk... andd it just goes in circles I guess. xD Saves me a lot of time. I also wouldn't hold on to probably ALL of my DNB's if someone happened to drop a remarkable offer on me.. so I don't mind letting them sit there until that happens I guess? :D?

Mollie

alt trading as a whole.
«Reply #20: August 16, 2008, 01:35:11 PM»
Quote from: "Chocolat"
Personally, I like to have all my alts listed in my thread, DNB's and all.. That's only because I tend to one day worship this alt with my soul, and then the next day I wanna sell it. It saves me the trouble of putting in all of an alt's information, and then I might wanna take it out, theeeen I gotta put it back if I wanna put it backk... andd it just goes in circles I guess. xD Saves me a lot of time. I also wouldn't hold on to probably ALL of my DNB's if someone happened to drop a remarkable offer on me.. so I don't mind letting them sit there until that happens I guess? :D?

I'm a bit similar. I am a drifter when it comes to alts. Anyone who knows me irl or knows me by name, probably knows I wont stick with one main for too long, and I have a hard time not trading off names or items. Hence why I just dont have DNB's or NFT'S it saves me trouble. If it's marked ab: not sure, or not set, or whatever, its probably because I havent found a design I wanna use for it or I dont know what to price it at yet. Not nft though <3 I never have those.

Offline LSD

alt trading as a whole.
«Reply #21: August 19, 2008, 02:25:06 PM»
Quote from: "Ree"
i never dnb my alts, because if someone wants to offer real money for my VIRTUAL name, i let them waste their money, and people who bother on DNB alts are usually right, because i see a lot of idiots putting this alt is NFT/DNB but i still take offers and you have to impress me

most good alts aren't non-traders they're just hoarded by idiots who never use them and want them for the sole purpose of not letting anyone else get them.  :roll:

here here
alts in thread, quitting