supersaver

Author Topic: Cassa  (Read 1473 times)

Offline Tamsen

Cassa
«: June 29, 2008, 12:29:36 AM»
Well, Okay, Uhm, I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post on her.

I WANT TO CLEAR MY NAME!

This is the second time this has happened to me, and it kind of pisses me off.

First of all, I'd really like to make the comment of people NOT CHANGING THEIR E-MAILS! I was wandering through my old alt lists, after I had confirmed an alt on my e-mail. I saw the name, Cassa. So, since I had sold it over a year ago, I forgot all about it; I have terrible trouble remembering things. Now, I tried to retreive the alt's password, and it was a success. Once I recognized the portrait which had been a freebie I had ported it with before I sold it, I realized that it had been an alt I traded for a dream a while back. Well damn, THIS IS THE SECOND TIME! And now I feel terrible.

I looked on FAM to see if anyone had it listed; it was listed, so I messaged them about a week ago, telling them that their alt, Cassa was listed on my e-mail, and thought it was mine. So I changed the password, and I would be willing to give it back to them if they'd like. I didn't list the password, in fear that they might not have been the actual owner.

The first time this happened, it was with the alt, Jaylin, I beleive, but I'm not certain. Of course, I returned her, no problem. But since I had no reply from this person, I'm not sure what to think. I've tried to log on Cassa, and wait for someone to whisper me, saying it was their alt and such so I could return it to them, but I had no luck.

Something struck me though, when I had logged onto it and it had been in Naia Green; so I don't think they had been on for quite some time, but I could be wrong.

At any means, I would like someone to please help me. I'm going to try and message the person who has Cassa listed once more, and see if they reply to me.

Main contacts are Boe or Tamsen ~
Whisper or PM me.

Offline MAU

Cassa
«Reply #1: June 29, 2008, 12:45:51 AM»
this exact same thing happened to me not too long ago.

this person didn't remove an alt i couldn't remember selling from my email for nearly a year, and then later i retrieved the password thinking it was just one of those alts i'd never managed to sell. i had no recollection of even listing it period, or else i never would have touched it.

its common courtesy and also a rule to not touch an alt you're not sure if you 'own' or not, but in cases like these the other party makes it very difficult by never removing an alt from an email. thankfully the person was very kind about it and everything was sorted out, but in the future before i sell any alts i'm changing the email to jibberish. :?

still, even though i'm doing my part in making sure this never happens again, change your damn emails, please.

in your situation, the alt is still her's; you sold the rights to log on the alt the day you traded it. keep the password, remember it, but bear in mind that the alt isn't yours to sell or tamper with now that you recall it was previously sold. i'll assist you as best i can in contacting the owner, however.

Offline Tamsen

Cassa
«Reply #2: June 29, 2008, 12:50:34 AM»
Quote from: "Mauser"
this exact same thing happened to me not too long ago.

this person didn't remove an alt i couldn't remember selling from my email for nearly a year, and then later i retrieved the password thinking it was just one of those alts i'd never managed to sell. i had no recollection of even listing it period, or else i never would have touched it.

its common courtesy and also a rule to not touch an alt you're not sure if you 'own' or not, but in cases like these the other party makes it very difficult by never removing an alt from an email. thankfully the person was very kind about it and everything was sorted out, but in the future before i sell any alts i'm changing the email to jibberish. :?

still, even though i'm doing my part in making sure this never happens again, change your damn emails, please.

in your situation, the alt is still her's; you sold the rights to log on the alt the day you traded it. keep the password, remember it, but bear in mind that the alt isn't yours to sell or tamper with now that you recall it was previously sold. i'll assist you as best i can in contacting the owner, however.

Okay, thanks. And yeah, I don't plan on selling it; it's not my alt.

I've contacted the person again tonight; I hope I'll get a reply. I also logged on tonight, but not long, to see if anyone would whisper me, saying it was their alt and had been hacked. I'll go ahead and see if I get a response. In the mean time, thanks for help me!

Whisper or PM me.

Offline MAU

Cassa
«Reply #3: June 29, 2008, 12:53:01 AM»
its no problem, i'll also drop them an email to see if that turns up any leads. do you remember if they had any other contact information aside from personal messages or another main alt?

Offline Tamsen

Cassa
«Reply #4: June 29, 2008, 12:59:19 AM»
its no problem, i'll also drop them an email to see if that turns up any leads. do you remember if they had any other contact information aside from personal messages or another main alt?

Nope; I remember that the person I traded with made me a dream for cassa, I did remember that much, and they owned their own as well, but god damn, I wish I could remember their name. x.x; Their FAM name is Cassa, so I'll try contacting their other names on their alt list when I have access to Furcadia.

Whisper or PM me.

Digital Love

Cassa
«Reply #5: June 29, 2008, 10:54:25 AM»
I solve it by asking that person the email, setting the email to theirs AND changing the password by randomly hitting keys. Resulting in something like this:

gHFHAda6987gbjBAGHkgui

They will get the email to confirm the address, as well as an email stating the password was changed with password. It's pretty much a foolproof way to make sure nothing is listed on your address any longer and the pass isn't changed to 12345 for convenience's sake.

Offline Tamsen

Cassa
«Reply #6: June 29, 2008, 11:06:35 AM»
Quote from: "Digital Love"
I solve it by asking that person the email, setting the email to theirs AND changing the password by randomly hitting keys. Resulting in something like this:

gHFHAda6987gbjBAGHkgui

They will get the email to confirm the address, as well as an email stating the password was changed with password. It's pretty much a foolproof way to make sure nothing is listed on your address any longer and the pass isn't changed to 12345 for convenience's sake.

That'll work. I'll try that once I get to furcadia. :) My computer I'm on now doesn't have furc.

Whisper or PM me.

Offline Hugo

Cassa
«Reply #7: June 29, 2008, 11:38:47 AM»
Why don't you just delete the INI file once you sell an alt? That avoids this problem alltogether.

I mean if you've doen that and see that the alt is on your list later you'll know you sold it and that the person never changed the e-mail.

Digital Love

Cassa
«Reply #8: June 29, 2008, 01:13:45 PM»
I don't have the inis of all my alts on my computer because there are too many. I roleplay a handful, and I switch computers sometimes to play.

If they're about to expire or I sell them, I'll download and then delete again. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Offline Tamsen

Cassa
«Reply #9: June 29, 2008, 04:17:15 PM»
Quote from: "Hugo"
Why don't you just delete the INI file once you sell an alt? That avoids this problem alltogether.

I mean if you've doen that and see that the alt is on your list later you'll know you sold it and that the person never changed the e-mail.

Deleting the INI file doesn't keep it from showing up on my e-mail. I did delete the INI file once selling it; I always do.

Whisper or PM me.

Offline Tamsen

Cassa
«Reply #10: June 30, 2008, 01:20:46 PM»
Update:

Well, I've tried several times a day now, to whisper Cassa's other alts and nothing happened. .-.; None of them were on; I'll keep trying and put them on my proxy, but to be honest, I don't think this person plays anymore. o_o; I'll try to e-mail her now.

Edit: Can't e-mail her... .-. It's not posted on her account for FAM... .-.

Whisper or PM me.

Digital Love

Cassa
«Reply #11: June 30, 2008, 01:52:26 PM»
It'd be nice to know whether she ever logged onto the alt in first place. If she's never claimed it to begin with then the trade wouldn't even really be valid.

I believe the conditions for taking an alt back is that you return that what you traded it for. Aka, if what you got is a dream you just don't use it and/or delete the files off your computer.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Bam

Cassa
«Reply #12: June 30, 2008, 02:00:10 PM»
Yes, but I think a major problem in that is that both sides need to confirm the trade-back for it to be 'legal/fair'.

I'd say if you got paid for it, just leave it alone (since it's ported, it won't count towards a limit), and keep a look out for the proper owner in the same way you are now.

They may have just not known to switch that stuff around or forgotten to do it. Maybe they're having issues with the net IRL or something, but I certainly wouldn't go taking it back.

Offline Tamsen

Cassa
«Reply #13: June 30, 2008, 02:24:11 PM»
Quote from: "Digital Love"
It'd be nice to know whether she ever logged onto the alt in first place. If she's never claimed it to begin with then the trade wouldn't even really be valid.

I believe the conditions for taking an alt back is that you return that what you traded it for. Aka, if what you got is a dream you just don't use it and/or delete the files off your computer.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I don't even have the dream anymore, because my other computer completely died. Even though the dream I asked her to make me wasn't really worth it, but yes; I would need to consult with her before taking the alt back.

Whisper or PM me.

Offline MAU

Cassa
«Reply #14: June 30, 2008, 03:33:49 PM»
Quote from: "Momma"
I would need to consult with her before taking the alt back.

you're right, even if you were to delete the dream files and whatnot, you'd still need to speak with her regarding a trade-back.

like bam said, the alt won't count against your limit, so just don't touch it anymore. i have a several ported alts that people STILL haven't removed from my main email, but i'm just letting them rot there since i can't get in contact with them.

also, i've sent her an email.

Offline Tamsen

Cassa
«Reply #15: June 30, 2008, 05:44:32 PM»
Quote from: "Momma"
I would need to consult with her before taking the alt back.

you're right, even if you were to delete the dream files and whatnot, you'd still need to speak with her regarding a trade-back.

like bam said, the alt won't count against your limit, so just don't touch it anymore. i have a several ported alts that people STILL haven't removed from my main email, but i'm just letting them rot there since i can't get in contact with them.

also, i've sent her an email.

Thanks much! And okay, I'll not touch the alt. :P

Whisper or PM me.

Offline Tamsen

Cassa
«Reply #16: July 06, 2008, 02:50:28 PM»
OKAY WELL! I found out who it belongs to, but by request, they've asked to keep their name private because of something in the past. At any matter, Cassa has messaged me back with information on who now owns the alt. :)

So, It's been returned!

Please lock!

Whisper or PM me.

supersaver