supersaver

Author Topic: Posting on behalf of a friend about JQJenny.  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Hazel-Rah

Posting on behalf of a friend about JQJenny.
«: June 19, 2008, 12:28:59 PM»
MSN conversation
Aishiteru says (18:21):
Well, i traded with JQJenny. Tarot for Zoom. But then when i saw Tarot in Gangsta nation again, the next morning. She stole her back, with all the digo's on it.

And after a week or so i got it back.
ANd she didn't get banned.
  Tesshin says (18:21):
How did she steal it?
Aishiteru says (18:22):
Well, I never knew you could change the email adress, so she took it back by putting in the password again, and change it

I'm posting on behalf of Zoom (formerly Tarot) because she doesn't have an account. Basically, Traded the alt Tarot for Zoom, and JQJenny took the oppertunity to take it back, it has been resolved, and Tarot has Zoom back, but JQJenny is still on the prowl. Just a heads up. ;)

Offline Gallifreyan

«Reply #1: June 19, 2008, 12:36:19 PM»
How dare they do that to Tarot! D=<

And thanks for the heads up x.X

Digital Love

«Reply #2: June 19, 2008, 12:38:40 PM»
I hope you have informed your friend about the correct procedure when trading alts - changing email before pass etc.

Offline Julie

«Reply #3: June 19, 2008, 12:40:01 PM»
though it was not a smart thing for jqjenny to do, your friend should have also been aware that they NEEDED to change the email before they traded. one of the golden rules in trading, and one of the most annoying problems you get if you trade with someone and then recieve an e-mail saying the pass has been changed.

Offline Cironir

«Reply #4: June 19, 2008, 02:49:26 PM»
Actually, this needs some additional information.

Neither of the players changed the email addresses of the two characters after the trade. JQ did take back Zoom, but Tarot's previous player did not report this, but instead, and without checking with JQ, took back Tarot. She did not know who had taken Zoom, she only knew it was no longer working. It was JQ who actually reported it eventually, thinking someone stole Tarot, and while the server logs are clear that Zoom was taken back first, JQ does claim it was her sister doing this.

I can't consider this and so she is not currently playing the game, but it deserves mentioning that she still did not change Tarot's email address after she (or sibling) took back Zoom. It seems that if this had been a scam with fully malicious intent done by JQ, she would also have changed Tarot's email address to her own, which she did not do. It was also reported by JQ.

The player of Tarot was given the choice between getting Tarot back or keeping (getting again) Zoom. She opted for Zoom. JQ will be allowed back in the near future, but Tarot will remain frozen. I believe that this is consequence enough, and I would hesitate to judge either of the involved people too quickly or too harshly.

This started with neither trader following even the most basic security principles.

Digital Love

«Reply #5: June 19, 2008, 03:38:14 PM»
Wow, what a confusing situation.

I can't fucking wait till the trade system comes into effect. ):

Offline MAU

«Reply #6: June 19, 2008, 04:09:13 PM»
Quote from: "Digital Love"
I can't fucking wait till the trade system comes into effect. ):

Offline Narnia

«Reply #7: June 19, 2008, 04:13:08 PM»
This appears to be resolved. Locked.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."