supersaver

Author Topic: Possible Hacker  (Read 1743 times)

Yasutora

• Topic Author
Possible Hacker
«: March 27, 2008, 01:24:58 PM»
I hadn't been on Chouji in a while so I went to login to it. Once I did I had realized the password hadn't changed. I figured I might of sold it a while back so I checked my emails and found no password change notification (I always change my passwords before trading) Im unsure weither or not I traded it but I have no emails and no proof from the trade. If someone has seen to alt let me know please.

Offline Altria

Possible Hacker
«Reply #1: March 27, 2008, 01:46:38 PM»
I don't understand what you're trying to say.

You think someone hacked Chouji, but your password/email isn't changed and you can still log onto it? If that's true, then I'd change the pw just to be safe.

I don't really get where you're going with the whole selling the alt thing though.

Offline Narnia

Possible Hacker
«Reply #2: March 27, 2008, 01:51:49 PM»
FYI, no one ever gets hacked on Furcadia.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Fairy

• Topic Author
Possible Hacker
«Reply #3: March 27, 2008, 01:53:56 PM»
Quote from: "Narnia"
FYI, no one ever gets hacked on Furcadia.

It's caused from trusting other humans, which is never a safe thing to do.
Don't share alts, don't make passwords obvious.

Fairy

• Topic Author
Possible Hacker
«Reply #4: March 27, 2008, 01:54:56 PM»
also
Retrieve the password, make a new one. Send it to your email from www.furcadia.com/services . Sometimes the server wonks up and doesn't go through right with the alts.

Yasutora

• Topic Author
Possible Hacker
«Reply #5: March 27, 2008, 01:58:28 PM»
I should've used a different term xD I mean someone might have gotten a hold of my pass somehow. I don't share alts. And what Im trying to say is whenever I trade an alt I always change its password beforehand. If I had changed it before hand I would've recieved an email stating what it was changed to. But if someone got onto the alt and changed the email before the password I wouldn't recieve an email.

Fairy

• Topic Author
Possible Hacker
«Reply #6: March 27, 2008, 02:01:59 PM»
Alright, don't do it. It doesnt matter if you havnt changed the password. Sometimes it just doesn't work. It happened with Gage. I changed the pass, didnt get an email that it was changed again. I couldnt log onto it, so I had to retrieve a new one.

Yasutora

• Topic Author
Possible Hacker
«Reply #7: March 27, 2008, 02:04:35 PM»
I just tried to retrieve no email as of yet.

Offline Zodiac

Possible Hacker
«Reply #8: March 27, 2008, 02:05:07 PM»
So you were unable to sign on the alt or?

Yasutora

• Topic Author
Possible Hacker
«Reply #9: March 27, 2008, 02:06:35 PM»
I was unable to login to the alt Chouji. I checked my email and there was no password change email. I just tried to retrieve and I've yet to recieve a password change.

Offline Zodiac

Possible Hacker
«Reply #10: March 27, 2008, 02:25:47 PM»
Are you sure the alt did not expire on you? How long had it been since you logged on it?

Yasutora

• Topic Author
Possible Hacker
«Reply #11: March 27, 2008, 02:52:29 PM»
Only a week

Offline ali

Possible Hacker
«Reply #12: March 27, 2008, 03:03:34 PM»
Unless your password was easy to guess, no one could have hacked it if you didn't share alts. Like everyone says, no one gets hacked on furcadia unless you're stupid enough to let it happen.

Offline Narnia

Possible Hacker
«Reply #13: March 27, 2008, 03:04:24 PM»
Here is the next logical step since you have no clue what is going on with your alt.

E-mail [email protected]
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Sookan

• Topic Author
Possible Hacker
«Reply #14: March 27, 2008, 04:43:13 PM»
i'm confused. you dont log into it for 7 days. then you do, and nothing has been changed.
that's basically like saying, "hey, i logged into my alt today! and guess what? the password is the same as yesterday!"

unless what you mean is, you *think*, not figured, that you sold it 7 days ago but aren't sure?

Offline Glory

Possible Hacker
«Reply #15: March 27, 2008, 05:25:32 PM»
Actually a similar thing happened with my alt 'Yakushi'. I was gone for a week of camp, and when I had gotten back the alts password failed to work anymore + it didnt really help the password retrieval didnt work and guardians would not answer my emails.
I had to wait for him to expire (which means the password somehow screwed itself up without hacking) before I could remake it.

Not sure if this is what happened in your case however.
I don't use this website much.

Yasutora

• Topic Author
Possible Hacker
«Reply #16: March 28, 2008, 08:55:21 PM»
I think I may have changed the password by accident or something without paying attention because I never seem to see the alt on. The odd thing is though is that its not registered to my email.

Offline Tonks

Possible Hacker
«Reply #17: March 28, 2008, 09:16:24 PM»
You could've:
Typo'd the email when you entered it.
Entered an old email address and didn't update it.
Or something similar.

As people have said, it's really hard to get 'hacked' on Furc, unless you have a password like 'dog' or even your name.

Offline Vera!

Possible Hacker
«Reply #18: March 29, 2008, 11:42:41 AM»
Is it a hotmail address?

If it is that could be a big part of your problem. Often times hotmail won't recieve Furcadia or FAM emails (among other things).

Offline Dupre

Possible Hacker
«Reply #19: March 29, 2008, 01:19:10 PM»
Make sure to check your spam folder too, my hotmail address does that a lot with Furcadia related emails.
Contacts: Dupre

supersaver