supersaver

Author Topic: Ricardo/Oktoberest/Whatever he is.  (Read 1317 times)

Fairy

• Topic Author
Ricardo/Oktoberest/Whatever he is.
«: February 28, 2008, 07:21:59 PM»
Alrighty. Not long ago I did a trade with a man who owned Oktoberest. He wanted Ricardo and the agreements of the trade were.

I give him Ricardo and he gave me Oktoberest.
And when his batwings were trans within 11 days, I would return them

This was the plan, but then I logged on and it turns out he had past drama with oktoberest, considering I got a thousand love messages from several girls going on about how much they loved him and to my suprise. The digos were canceled. He had told his ex he would not trade them and such, he did and she canceled them.

I am well aware that she is part of this, but as far as I am concerned. I did a trade with him, his past history is not my problem and it is his duty to pay me for the NEW digos that came on the alt. Not her. She did what she did because he broke her agreement and he ruined our trade by doing so. So it is his duty to trade. He has done nothing but put off payment, say hes paying it, but annoy me with useless smalltalk on msn and try to get me to agree to making her pay the fee's. I continue to tell him no and he cotinues to ask again and again. As well as complain to friends to bug me occasionally.

Roo [His ex] apolagized for doing what she did, but I completely understand. Nor do I blame her, for if someone broke my trade, I would've acted as well. Roo has also offered many times to do as much as she can. Including give me 10gd out of her own will and offer to draw me art. She has done much more than she should have, considering none of this was much of her fault, other than canceling the digos that she payed for and he promised not to trade.

Opinions?

Offline Hugo

«Reply #1: February 28, 2008, 07:25:49 PM»
She should pay for the new digos. Cancelling orders on people if they weren't unauthorized is against Furc's TOS no matter what the agreement was.

Lani

• Topic Author
«Reply #2: February 28, 2008, 07:40:24 PM»
Quote from: "Hugo"
She should pay for the new digos. Cancelling orders on people if they weren't unauthorized is against Furc's TOS no matter what the agreement was.

In my opinion, I was completely stupid for spending money on him in the first place. That is my ultimate mistake. In all honestly, however, I was going to cancel them anyway. It was my money, and he gave me nothing in return. They were gifts, and once he decided to prance around me with his bad attitude and extremely harsh comments, I decided I would cancel them anyway. Afterall, he does trade alts often, so I felt I shouldn't allow someone I didn't know to enjoy over $200 of my money..

Seeing his thread, however, he had posted that he was going to be trading it in 10 days for Ricardo, Gage's alt that was traded for Oktoberest. Selfishly, I was way in debt because of spending so much in the recent past, I decided to cancel the digos. He had three extra ports, courtesy of myself - I drew two myself, and paid for one, while also supplying the three extra spaces. That should be enough consolation for him being a jerk and me cancelling his digos - that again, were gifts when he was on good terms with me. I cancelled them, again, because I thought he had ten days until the trade. It was never my intention to engage in a conflict with him and Gage. Gage is an amazing person and surely does not need any of this stress.

So, in my defense, it was my money. They were gifts, and I cancelled them on my own will. If what I did was wrong...then, oh well. But I got my money back, and the former Oktoberest cannot reap the benefits of my bank account any longer.

Edit: I would also like to note to anyone, that if I am indeed at fault here, I have no problem paying Gage. I simply didn't think it was right for my ex to be able to trade things because of the digos that *I* purchased..

Offline Mychelle

«Reply #3: February 28, 2008, 07:45:22 PM»
I cant say that I am "happy" to agree with Hugo on this, but, rules are rules.

Not saying Roo was in the 'complete' wrong in doing so, since I can see why she did it. (Specially when I have had plenty of people go back on their agreements with me as far as trades go), but when it comes to canceling orders, that in the case with Furcadia is in the rules.

But, I would still label her Ex as the actual scammer in this. Since he knew better before making the trade with you. Ive had people do the exact same thing to me before, make a trade and then find out they werent supposed to get rid of the name, or clear the ports, or something. It sucks. Majorly.
Im letting my alts rot. So dont ask.

Offline Blair

«Reply #4: February 29, 2008, 03:48:21 PM»
i agree. it wasn't roo's fault. she wasn't involved in the trade itself, and how was she supposed to know her ex was going to sell the digos along with it?
R.I.P. Samuel Richard Ernest; July 13, 1986 - October 3, 2008.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #5: February 29, 2008, 04:09:59 PM»
All I can say is, I hope you didn't do a charge-back with paypal or else you won't be seeing much of Furcadia soon.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

supersaver