supersaver

Author Topic: Nerved?  (Read 7293 times)

Offline Tarvos

Nerved?
«: February 08, 2008, 08:09:03 PM»
Okay well I traded my Life Phoe to Nerved for $70 paypal, and have yet to receive the payment after a week so now I'm worried.

LOGS:

[ Brodley whispers, "Start trade? :3" to you. ]
Your request has been sent to Brodley.
You and Brodley have begun a trading session. Commands available: trade-status, trade-add <item>, trade-remove <item>, trade-reason <reason>, trade-accept, trade-reject, trade-end
You must follow "trade-add" with one of the following words: batwings, butterfly-wings, kitterwing, classic-wings, bat, chinchilla, dragon, flox, foxen, furling, gryffe, kiwi, leonen, penguin, phoenix, portrait (empty portrait space), triwings (tri-colored wings), tygard, unicorn, werewolf, wolven (ferian wolven), black-rose (black rosebud), bouquet (inactive flower bouquet), purple-rose (purple rosebud), red-rose (red rosebud), white-rose (white rosebud), yellow-rose (yellow rosebud), candy-cane, flaming-sword, magic-wand, snug, sword, GD x (x Golden DragonScales), SD x (x Silver DragonScales), or CD x (x Copper DragonScales).
Phoenix added to your proposed trade with Brodley.
Brodley has accepted the offer. If you agree, type trade-accept - but be certain, once you agree there's no taking it back! Type trade-status if you want to make sure you know exactly what's being traded first.
[ Brodley whispers, "Mkay i'm sending the payment." to you. ]
You set your trade reason to 'Phoe for Paypal :)'.
Your items have been traded and the trade session is now complete. Log off and back on to see the results.
(You see Brodley.)
>
[ Brodley whispers, "Also i'm sending from my bank account...so it has to withdrawl from there to my paypal account to yours...so it might take an hour to overnight. Do you have YIM so i can keep in touch?" to you. ]
[ Brodley whispers, "Or msn" to you. ]
[ You whisper "Nope, I don't, if need be I can contact you on FAM?" to Brodley. ]
[ Brodley whispers, "Okay that works as well. Thanks so much i'll be talking to you soon. :-)" to you. ]

I was told after the trade occured that the money would be coming later then I though, but I figure it was okay 'cause I had no reason to not trust them, right? Well since then I pm'ed Nerved the next day and they said that the transaction still said pending so the money should come soon. So I waited and then PM'ed again a day or so ago and have received no message since.
   Now this could certainly just be paypal being wacky, but I haven't been able to contact Nerved and am kind of worried.. :/

Offline Kiwi

Nerved?
«Reply #1: February 08, 2008, 08:16:56 PM»
From a bank account it takes three to five business days.
Furcadia Contacts: Kiwi                                                
Contactable for any reason.
FAQ

Offline Tarvos

Nerved?
«Reply #2: February 08, 2008, 08:21:22 PM»
Quote from: "Kiwi"

Hm... Didn't know that, but it's been since last Friday so that would be like 5 days... :/

Offline Tillandsia

Nerved?
«Reply #3: February 08, 2008, 08:21:36 PM»
They also owe me paypal money, and I have not yet recieved it.

I'd say give it a little more time

Also please know that I'm the new owner of Brodley, which was part of the trade I had with Nerved

Offline Cironir

Nerved?
«Reply #4: February 08, 2008, 08:48:34 PM»
The trade occurred on Feb 1st, so it's been seven days. Until this is sorted out, I'll freeze the Brodley character. Nerved does not appear to have been in Furcadia this week at all. Effira, what were the conditions of your trade?

Offline Mychelle

Nerved?
«Reply #5: February 08, 2008, 09:00:51 PM»
Quote from: "Tarvos"
Quote from: "Kiwi"

Hm... Didn't know that, but it's been since last Friday so that would be like 5 days... :/

With my dealings with Paypal as far as transactions go that send money through a bank account even 5 days it sometimes hasnt appeared. So it might also just be a problem with Paypal itself. Im not saying it *is*, but its a possibility.
Im letting my alts rot. So dont ask.

Offline Tillandsia

Nerved?
«Reply #6: February 08, 2008, 11:21:34 PM»
Great, now I'm out even more  :?

I traded them my WoW account for 3 life items (two of which were on the character Brodley, the third wasn't recieved yet) and $$ via paypal which I've not gotten.

*sigh* Can't trust anyone.

Offline Cironir

Nerved?
«Reply #7: February 09, 2008, 01:27:25 AM»
Since trading accounts violates Blizzard's TOS and the name of the account holder cannot be changed, you should be able to get it back without too much trouble, if everything else fails.

Only the ownership of the phoenix on Brodley is currently in question. It's probably best to wait a few days, but considering that Nerved hasn't paid either of you and wasn't in Furcadia, this doesn't look promising.

Cases like these are likely to give people ideas. This should be reason enough not to do trades of these types. As always, the option to take issues to the police is viable.

Offline M0B

Nerved?
«Reply #8: February 09, 2008, 09:50:54 AM»
it takes 5 business days to transfer money from a bank account to a paypal user? it work right away for me.. a few times... it takes 5-7 days to transfer FROM paypal to a bank account. hmm... Just wait a few days.. maybe the user is settling "disputes" meaning account is negative.. you never know.. wait a couple more days.. Nothing happens..  then do something about it.. Did you at least ask for the persons email? So you could contact them? I guess Cir has that info.. {i just woke up might be confuseing post}

Offline Nerved

Rply
«Reply #9: February 11, 2008, 06:10:47 AM»
Look guys...i'm so sorry for all this confusement but paypal is pulling my chain. Effira...the payment has been taken out of my bank account for the WoW and totally drained that account...so if you dont get the money a lawsuit is going to be appointed. I've had so much trouble with paypal since the day i've gotten it. As for tarvos...the payment towards you was pulled a long time ago and said it was sent successfully...so you need to prove that you didn't get the money because i really dont want to deal with this. Effira...i'm sorry for all this confusement and its getting taken care of now. I called my bank and they said that the payment had read successfull in sending toward paypal and taking all the charges out so i have no idea whats going on. I'll speak with effira more in private about this situation but tarvos needs to prove that he didn't get the money because my via paypal account is drained and says that he got the payment.

Offline Tarvos

Nerved?
«Reply #10: February 11, 2008, 01:21:57 PM»
I have received no money from you. I don't know how I would prove it, if screenshots of my recent activity is enough then this should suffice:
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/Tareal/?action=view&current=Proof2.png
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/Tareal/?action=view&current=Proof.png

So yeah, I've yet to receive any money for the phoenix.

Edit: Are you sure you sent it to the right account? >.>

Matti

Nerved?
«Reply #11: February 11, 2008, 05:46:56 PM»
I've not gotten payment either, and I'm growing a bit concerned. I sold her a pair of life classics and did not receive anything in the paypal account. Screenshot of history. This was taken shortly before the transfer.

hello123

Nerved?
«Reply #12: February 11, 2008, 06:59:12 PM»

Offline Tarvos

Nerved?
«Reply #13: February 11, 2008, 07:17:31 PM»
Quote from: "hide"
www.paypalsucks.com

That doesn't really help. Seeing that Matti was promised back the alt if he didn't receive the money, and then the alt was sold off to Effira before he received the money doesn't seem like the problem is rooted in paypal.

hello123

Nerved?
«Reply #14: February 11, 2008, 07:22:14 PM»
www.paypalsucks.com

That doesn't really help. Seeing that Matti was promised back the alt if he didn't receive the money, and then the alt was sold off to Effira before he received the money doesn't seem like the problem is rooted in paypal.

Oh, that was directed to the guy that PayPal screwed over. lol sorry xD

Offline Tarvos

Nerved?
«Reply #15: February 11, 2008, 07:27:48 PM»
www.paypalsucks.com

Oh, that was directed to the guy that PayPal screwed over. lol sorry xD

er.... okay, o.o

Matti

Nerved?
«Reply #16: February 11, 2008, 07:29:31 PM»
Quote from: "Effira"
They also owe me paypal money, and I have not yet recieved it.

I'd say give it a little more time

Also please know that I'm the new owner of Brodley, which was part of the trade I had with Nerved

I;'d like the life classics back, considering that they were to be sold to Nerved, and I never got the money for them..

Offline Tillandsia

Nerved?
«Reply #17: February 11, 2008, 07:37:54 PM»
Quote from: "Cironir"
The trade occurred on Feb 1st, so it's been seven days. Until this is sorted out, I'll freeze the Brodley character. Nerved does not appear to have been in Furcadia this week at all. Effira, what were the conditions of your trade?

Matti, make sure to read the whole thread  :wink:

The character is frozen, and we've all been screwed over by Nerved I think.

The claim that they sent money from their bank account to paypal, and it was never put in their paypal account honestly sounds like BS to me. I've never heard of such a thing, and there is no way I am giving them any personal information that they keep trying to get out of me.

Matti

Nerved?
«Reply #18: February 11, 2008, 08:21:49 PM»
Well, shit.

:(

Offline Tarvos

Nerved?
«Reply #19: February 11, 2008, 08:23:34 PM»
If Nerved is trying to get personal info then I think its safe to assume that we at least know for certain its a scam... I'd just really like my Phoe back at this point, x.x

Matti

Nerved?
«Reply #20: February 11, 2008, 08:27:21 PM»
If Nerved is trying to get personal info then I think its safe to assume that we at least know for certain its a scam... I'd just really like my Phoe back at this point, x.x

I know how you feel, mate. I've never had a problem with digo trading up until this happened. :(

Offline Tillandsia

Nerved?
«Reply #21: February 11, 2008, 09:11:13 PM»
Quote from: "Matti"

I know how you feel, mate. I've never had a problem with digo trading up until this happened. :(

Same

It's honestly, to me, more bothering to be scammed and have my trust between someone broken than losing out on any money, even though I am poor as hell.

Especially because like you, Matti, I've not had any problems with alt or digo trades on furc.
 Now I'm going to be untrusting towards nice people who don't deserve it, just because of one jerk.  :(

Matti

Nerved?
«Reply #22: February 11, 2008, 09:29:15 PM»
^ Me too.. this is going to make me more hesitant to undergo deals with people. :/

Offline Cironir

Nerved?
«Reply #23: February 11, 2008, 09:44:37 PM»
Well, since three people independently state that they did not receive any Paypal money, I tend to side with those three people. If there has been no change by end of the week, I'll return the classics and the phoenix, but that leaves Effira in a bad spot, unless she can (and does) take back the WoW account. I have, however, no way to handle any WoW issues, so all I can do is to fix the digo parts of the situation.

Note, also, that I will help a player only once with an unsupported type of trade, so please be mindful of the deals you consider.

Matti

Nerved?
«Reply #24: February 11, 2008, 10:08:05 PM»
Thank you sir.