Poll

Should I quit furc?

Sure.
11 (32.4%)
I dunno. Whatever you want??
8 (23.5%)
Noooo. :( I'll miss you.
0 (0%)
Quit, Sell the items & all alts, for paypal or other non furcadia means.
13 (38.2%)
Quit, Keep items, sell the unused alts.
0 (0%)
Quit trading, but dont quit furcadia.
2 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: February 12, 2008, 06:22:05 PM

Author Topic: Might as well have this thread locked too; *rolleyes*  (Read 3566 times)

Mollie

• Topic Author
Might as well have this thread locked too; *rolleyes*
«: February 04, 2008, 06:22:05 PM»
might as well lock this because immaturity of people cannot be underestimated when it comes to furcadia and FAM.

Offline Hugo

«Reply #1: February 04, 2008, 06:31:25 PM»
Sell your digos but keep your alts.

Mollie

• Topic Author
«Reply #2: February 04, 2008, 07:12:54 PM»
Quote from: "Hugo"
Sell your digos but keep your alts.

That sounds like a plan.
Thats kinda what I was thinking of doing, I did put some work into a couple of them;
i'd probably keep vicky.
sell the rest, clear some of vicky's ports that I added to her if I quit.
if.

Offline Sync

«Reply #3: February 04, 2008, 08:23:21 PM»
i would say sell off all alts you know you won't use.
and digos an stuff.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #4: February 04, 2008, 09:21:40 PM»
You'll be back.

Everyone comes back.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Kratos

«Reply #5: February 04, 2008, 09:24:43 PM»
Quote from: "Narnia"
You'll be back.

Everyone comes back.

Polymnia

• Topic Author
«Reply #6: February 04, 2008, 09:25:56 PM»
You'll be back.

Everyone comes back.

Offline Julie

«Reply #7: February 04, 2008, 09:44:02 PM»
aw, hun. i'll miss you ): even though i only know you from trading.

i say, if you really are serious about quitting, sell all the alts you arent attached on, keep those you are. sell the digos. etcetc.

Offline Kratos

«Reply #8: February 04, 2008, 09:49:40 PM»
+if you do want to quit altogether, sell everything.
give yourself no reason to come back.

or you'll come crawling.
like i did.
every damn time.

Offline Julie

«Reply #9: February 04, 2008, 09:53:28 PM»
Quote from: "Penelope"

or you'll come crawling.
like i did.
every damn time.

but....weloveyou.

that is a good point tho. if i still had my .ini's laying around for some of my more 'attached' alts, i'd probably end up coming back.

Offline Kratos

«Reply #10: February 04, 2008, 10:12:26 PM»
Quote from: "Julie"
Quote from: "Penelope"

or you'll come crawling.
like i did.
every damn time.

but....weloveyou.

that is a good point tho. if i still had my .ini's laying around for some of my more 'attached' alts, i'd probably end up coming back.

awifeelthelove#SO.
but yes, i remembered that i owned my main still and had all of her stuff and a bunch of dreams etc etc.
and i kept coming back.
i think the longest i ever quit was 6 months.

Offline Jearu

«Reply #11: February 04, 2008, 10:22:00 PM»
You'll be back.

Everyone comes back.
Wanting life owl, woolie, rabben, and classics.

Mollie

• Topic Author
«Reply #12: February 04, 2008, 10:34:48 PM»
yeah.
i'll start slowly.
it's like drugs.
never go cold turkey. Haha

Offline MAU

«Reply #13: February 04, 2008, 10:54:57 PM»
while i'll never truely leave (because it's just, well, impossible) i have taken hiatuses from it in the past when things have become rough in life. these respites have never lasted more than a year, and i've never sold anything aside from expiring digos, which i'm always thankful for when i return.

people go through periods where they'll want to 'quit', but if you're predisposed to coming back (LIKE WE ALL ARE) just keep your stuff for when you return.

and if you ever do reach a conclusion where you feel quitting is truely what you want to do, THEN get rid of everything, but only then. and when you quit, make sure it's legitimate and nothing done as a spur-of-the-moment thing.

trading for me is something i do at leisure, so it's never a chore. i keep alts up, maintain my thread, and then sit back and relax. some alts i've had up for sale for a year or more. :P look at alt trading like it's just an opportunity to gain some extra profits, and maybe just quit trading if you feel like it's taking out of your experience? quitting entirely may be too drastic.

Offline Mychelle

«Reply #14: February 05, 2008, 12:10:09 AM»
You'll be back.

Everyone comes back.
Im letting my alts rot. So dont ask.

Mollie

• Topic Author
«Reply #15: February 05, 2008, 10:12:29 AM»
Quote from: "Mauser"
while i'll never truely leave (because it's just, well, impossible) i have taken hiatuses from it in the past when things have become rough in life. these respites have never lasted more than a year, and i've never sold anything aside from expiring digos, which i'm always thankful for when i return.

people go through periods where they'll want to 'quit', but if you're predisposed to coming back (LIKE WE ALL ARE) just keep your stuff for when you return.

and if you ever do reach a conclusion where you feel quitting is truely what you want to do, THEN get rid of everything, but only then. and when you quit, make sure it's legitimate and nothing done as a spur-of-the-moment thing.

trading for me is something i do at leisure, so it's never a chore. i keep alts up, maintain my thread, and then sit back and relax. some alts i've had up for sale for a year or more. :P look at alt trading like it's just an opportunity to gain some extra profits, and maybe just quit trading if you feel like it's taking out of your experience? quitting entirely may be too drastic.

I understand what you're saying and all. But furcadia is just another game.
To me.
I don't really roleplay or do much of anything but talk on it. Like a graphic chat.
I'm bored with it, really.
Haha.

Offline MAU

«Reply #16: February 05, 2008, 10:50:52 AM»
Quote from: "Vicky"

To me.
I don't really roleplay or do much of anything but talk on it. Like a graphic chat.
Haha.

well, then i'd just keep one thing and move on (if you have a sentimental alt), since there are a lot of other games out there that'd probably be better suited for you. :)

we've had a lot of great trades in the past, so i'll be sad to see you go, but good luck if you do decide to find something new.

Mollie

• Topic Author
«Reply #17: February 05, 2008, 10:55:29 AM»
Quote from: "Mauser"

To me.
Haha.

well, then i'd just keep one thing and move on (if you have a sentimental alt), since there are a lot of other games out there that'd probably be better suited for you. :)

we've had a lot of great trades in the past, so i'll be sad to see you go, but good luck if you do decide to find something new.

world of warcraft is what i found. :o
and thanks

Erde

• Topic Author
«Reply #18: February 05, 2008, 11:20:28 AM»
imo furc is nothing like it used to be. people have turned into jerks, the maps are becoming more user-unfriendly, and all the updates coming in are just for the developers to make money.

back when i started furc i remember people rping things other than yiff, ferals, and anime. but that's gone as far as i know. i really don't have any connection to it whatsoever anymore, other than to talk to the few people on it that i do (who i also talk to on AIM, since when they're on furc they're usually 'busy' anyway).

so i'm leaving, and selling all my alts and other such things for paypal, because that i can actually use. it's a good idea to me, but it's all up to you. knowing how my friends are i'll probably pop up on furc from time to time, but i know i'm giving xenon to someone else.

Mollie

• Topic Author
«Reply #19: February 05, 2008, 11:55:39 AM»
Quote from: "xenon"
imo furc is nothing like it used to be. people have turned into jerks, the maps are becoming more user-unfriendly, and all the updates coming in are just for the developers to make money.

back when i started furc i remember people rping things other than yiff, ferals, and anime. but that's gone as far as i know. i really don't have any connection to it whatsoever anymore, other than to talk to the few people on it that i do (who i also talk to on AIM, since when they're on furc they're usually 'busy' anyway).

so i'm leaving, and selling all my alts and other such things for paypal, because that i can actually use. it's a good idea to me, but it's all up to you. knowing how my friends are i'll probably pop up on furc from time to time, but i know i'm giving xenon to someone else.

yeah.
I  am either going to completely quit, or leave one alt behind....however completely quitting wouldn't be such a bad thing. Give me one less thing to add to my already hectic shedule

Offline Narnia

«Reply #20: February 05, 2008, 12:43:38 PM»
and thanks

WoW and Furcadia are not even on the same level.

You'll be back when you grow out of your fascination with WoW.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Polymnia

• Topic Author
«Reply #21: February 05, 2008, 12:50:10 PM»
and thanks

My level 45 yiff bunny can kick your yiff bunny's ass.

Mollie

• Topic Author
«Reply #22: February 05, 2008, 01:47:46 PM»
and thanks

Been playing since september, how do you figure? I <333 it. I'll never get tired.
Lol
Thats why I like WOW I hate furcadia's style of things.

Sookan

• Topic Author
«Reply #23: February 05, 2008, 03:33:59 PM»
i think wow would take up too much of my time that i dont have.

my friends, my art, roleplay, character creation, alts and my dreams all keep me in furc. if you dont have any of those, i say, off you go. because i would.

i also dont mind the new thing furcadia does? change(not unlike shit) happens. so deal with it or leave, im sure no one cares either way.

i cant help noticing no one picked #3

Offline Kratos

«Reply #24: February 05, 2008, 04:04:55 PM»
Quote from: "Sookan"
i cant help noticing no one picked #3