Yes
4 (66.7%)
NO
2 (33.3%)
omg lol wut r swastikas!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: January 26, 2008, 10:47:51 AM

Author Topic: Swastikas in ports  (Read 1425 times)

Offline alice

Swastikas in ports
«: January 26, 2008, 10:47:51 AM»
Saw this thread on the furc forums.

OPINIONS GOGOGO

Offline Hugo

Swastikas in ports
«Reply #1: January 26, 2008, 11:01:08 AM»
Freedom of expression. The symbol itself doesn't always define the person.

ie: a person who roleplays a character who wears the symbol because they like the look and not the meaning. Like all those chars you see with army clothes and gasmasks but aren't involved in war rp.

Until they start running their mouths, they can have their nazi pinwheel.

Offline Zodiac

Swastikas in ports
«Reply #2: January 26, 2008, 12:09:37 PM»
People forget the Furcadia is an RP fantasy world where many people explore MANY diverse areas of character creation and RP. Nothing is out of bounds.

Offline alice

Swastikas in ports
«Reply #3: January 26, 2008, 12:57:35 PM»
Quote from: "Turquoise"
People forget the Furcadia is an RP fantasy world where many people explore MANY diverse areas of character creation and RP. Nothing is out of bounds.

Srsly. And I dunno what people are freaking out about- I have yet to see a single person on Furc that talks about burning jews and shit seriously. And if they are, it's normally in an rp.

Offline Masha

Swastikas in ports
«Reply #4: January 26, 2008, 02:05:35 PM»
This was a tired, worn out discussion, before they even posted it on the forums.

But nonetheless, I will state my opinion....again.

If they're gonna ban swastikas, they might as well ban crosses, the crescent moon, the American flag, the British flag, blah blah blah.

You can't ban one thing for "the deaths caused under it" without banning the rest of them, because I guarantee you, the American flag is damned offensive to someone, as well as the cross.

Okay? Okay... I hope I never see another discussion on this again, in my personal life.

Offline Altria

Swastikas in ports
«Reply #5: January 26, 2008, 02:28:49 PM»
While I think the whole fascination with nazis / the swastika / whatever is ridiculous, Tachs summed it up pretty nicely. Everyone is going to be offended by something, so you can't really go banning things like a swastika unless you plan to ban anything else that someone complains is offensive.

Offline Narnia

Swastikas in ports
«Reply #6: January 26, 2008, 05:13:35 PM»
I don't think this discussion should even be had here. It was already discussed on Furcadia's forums and a clear answer was given as to why they are allowed. If you have a problem with their policies then you are SOL.

As such, this thread is locked. If you want to talk about it, go do it on Furcadia's forums.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."