supersaver

Author Topic: Scammed by a Friend  (Read 2047 times)

Offline Kel

Scammed by a Friend
«: January 22, 2008, 09:12:00 PM»
Okay, I bought the alt Hisana, from my friend Haruno 'Lexi on FAM' for two of my ported alts. Me and her were friends for sometime now so the trade went good. So once I got Hisana, I put my primewings on her and just had the alt.

Then the next day, not that long ago from now the alt Hisana comes online..I whisper the alt Hisana, at first I thought it was like dogproxy being stupid. But when I got a whisper back I knew something was up, as I was talking to the person who was on "supposly my" alt, it was a person who I did a recent trade with. They were telling me how they bought the alt months ago and ported it. Where as I just bought it yesterday.

Basically the person who bought it first, bought it awhile ago and i guess didn't log on it? So Haruno/Lexi took it back and re-sold it. Lucky me I was the one who bought it

Volte

Scammed by a Friend
«Reply #1: January 22, 2008, 09:20:31 PM»
Earlier this morning I was checking my email before class, and I noticed I had an email from Furcadia regarding that a password to one of my alts has been changed. I thought it was a hacker, so I immediately logged onto the services website and changed my password. Once I logged on the alt, I noticed that she had been digo'd, and I thought that was kind of fishy.

So later on, I come home from work and I logged on Hisana to see if anyone had any information about my alt supposedly being 'hacked'. Kelli whispered me, and I discover that after I had bought the alt months ago from Lexi, a mutual friend between us both, had re-sold the alt to Kelli, since I never changed the password.

Now I suppose you can say that's my own damn fault for never changing the password in the first place, but who would expect a good friend to turn around and do something like that?

Anyway, to make a long story short, Lexi has scammed us both, and it's very ridiculous. I like Kelli, I sold an alt to her recently and everything went smoothly, and it bothers me that Lexi would go and do that to both of us.

Yes, Kelli is getting her wings back.

Offline Altria

Scammed by a Friend
«Reply #2: January 23, 2008, 12:45:42 AM»
Damn, and you think you know people.  :roll: Sorry Kelli. </3

Offline Tyto

Scammed by a Friend
«Reply #3: January 23, 2008, 08:40:50 AM»
I'll talk to Haruno about this see whats up. Sorry this happened to you Kelli

Offline Harley Quinn

Scammed by a Friend
«Reply #4: January 23, 2008, 06:01:31 PM»
Man, I never really ment for this to happen to anyone!

One day I was going though my alts, trying to delete ones I didnt want anymore.  And here, I logged onto the alt Hisana.  So I was kinda like, okay..
And after hearing from another friend that Juli, one of my good friends and the original owner, was saying crap about me and I had no idea what I did, was kinda like, whatever...
And seeing as she never changed the alt's pass, I guess I kinda let my anger get the better of me and claimed it as my own.

Juli, Kelli, I'm so sorry.  I relly didnt mean for this to happen. :<
I truely, truely, am!
If there is ANY way I can repay the both of you, I will do it!
And Juli, I dont know if you really did say it, or not, but I owe you the most...

Offline Kel

Scammed by a Friend
«Reply #5: January 23, 2008, 06:11:50 PM»
Quote from: "Lexi"

One day I was going though my alts, trying to delete ones I didnt want anymore.  And here, I logged onto the alt Hisana.  So I was kinda like, okay..
And after hearing from another friend that Juli, one of my good friends and the original owner, was saying crap about me and I had no idea what I did, was kinda like, whatever...
And seeing as she never changed the alt's pass, I guess I kinda let my anger get the better of me and claimed it as my own.

I truely, truely, am!
And Juli, I dont know if you really did say it, or not, but I owe you the most...

Talked with you on furc, it was like complete shock, you're like one of the people who you think would never do that. After hearing the reason, I understand. So I forgive you on it, now to wait for Juli....Jovi..lol

Volte

Scammed by a Friend
«Reply #6: January 23, 2008, 06:42:52 PM»
Quote from: "Lexi"

I truely, truely, am!

Omg. I don't talk shit about people, period. It makes me feel extremely guilty and like shit, so why would I do it? Especially to someone I considered to be a really good friend. You know damn well I wouldn't talk shit about a close friend, especially you.

That's stealing, Lexi, whether or not you were angry, and you acted rather immaturely about it. Instead of confronting me about whether or not it's true, you decided to do a childish thing such as take back an alt that I paid for a couple months ago and resell it. I'm seriously appalled, I never thought you'd do something like this.

Offline Kratos

Scammed by a Friend
«Reply #7: January 23, 2008, 10:34:21 PM»
you should NEVER claim an alt that is no longer yours, no matter the reason.
it doesn't matter if you're flaming pissed off and ripping your hair out or not.
and it doesn't matter if the person supposedly talked shit about you or not.
it's a childish and regressive act, and it kills whatever reputation you might have had, slowly but surely.

there's NO reason to do that.
i'm not promoting it, but if anything, find another way to "get revenge."

Offline Cironir

Scammed by a Friend
«Reply #8: January 23, 2008, 10:51:02 PM»
The spaces/digos that were paid should probably be returned. Please let me know if this hasn't been done by the weekend. (It'll be considered a scam, so please settle the matter before it comes to this.)

Volte

Scammed by a Friend
«Reply #9: January 24, 2008, 06:33:44 AM»
Quote from: "Cironir"
The spaces/digos that were paid should probably be returned. Please let me know if this hasn't been done by the weekend. (It'll be considered a scam, so please settle the matter before it comes to this.)

Cironir, could you also transfer the wings that had been transferred to the alt? don't really feel like paying ten bucks to move them.

Offline Sync

Scammed by a Friend
«Reply #10: January 24, 2008, 08:34:03 AM»
man kel you're like, a scam magnet lol

-uselesspost-

Offline Kel

Scammed by a Friend
«Reply #11: January 24, 2008, 09:06:13 AM»
Quote from: "Jovi"

Cironir, could you also transfer the wings that had been transferred to the alt? don't really feel like paying ten bucks to move them.

if possible, can you transfer my primes wings that are on her alt Hisana to my alt Genie?

Quote from: "Sana"
man kel you're like, a scam magnet lol

-uselesspost-

you're not funny >/

Offline Cironir

Scammed by a Friend
«Reply #12: January 24, 2008, 11:03:29 AM»
I'm not transferring any stuff. It is Lexi's responsibility to fix this situation, if she wants to avoid that we treat this as a scam.

Volte

Scammed by a Friend
«Reply #13: January 24, 2008, 03:28:35 PM»
I'm not transferring any stuff. It is Lexi's responsibility to fix this situation, if she wants to avoid that we treat this as a scam.

I see. She can be the one to spend the ten dollars to transfer it then, or else Kelli is going to have to wait until he 30 days are up. :/ Sorry, Kelli. :[

Offline Kel

Scammed by a Friend
«Reply #14: January 24, 2008, 03:42:52 PM»

I see. She can be the one to spend the ten dollars to transfer it then, or else Kelli is going to have to wait until he 30 days are up. :/ Sorry, Kelli. :[

damn, I don't really feel like waiting for them to trans

Digital Love

Scammed by a Friend
«Reply #15: January 25, 2008, 05:26:33 AM»
Lesson: change the pass. When it comes down to it, it was Jovi's responsibility to change the password after the sale. Otherwise you're just asking to be scammed.  :roll:

Offline Fwirl

Scammed by a Friend
«Reply #16: January 25, 2008, 06:50:43 AM»
Quote from: "Sadil"
Lesson: change the pass. When it comes down to it, it was Jovi's responsibility to change the password after the sale. Otherwise you're just asking to be scammed.  :roll:

all too true.
i don't honestly see how anyone could "forget" to change a pass but hey that's just me.

Volte

Scammed by a Friend
«Reply #17: January 25, 2008, 08:57:12 AM»

I believe I've already stated why I didn't, and no, I didn't forget, I just trusted her.

Anyway, the only thing we're waiting on now is for the wings to be transferred, so Kelli, you may as well mark this thread for deletion.  :shock:

Offline Hugo

Scammed by a Friend
«Reply #18: January 25, 2008, 10:26:28 AM»
Otherwise you're just asking to be scammed.  :roll:
It's actually better that she didn't change the pass in this case because we caught a scammer.

The fact that she didn't change the password didn't force her 'friend' to take the alt back, it was her 'friend's' own malicious behavior.

If you berate everyone who makes these kinds of threads, people will be less brave enough to make them. Nobody wants to be yelled at when they come for help; especially about things they've already stated they knew like changing a password.

Offline Kel

Scammed by a Friend
«Reply #19: January 25, 2008, 11:38:39 AM»

I believe I've already stated why I didn't, and no, I didn't forget, I just trusted her.

Anyway, the only thing we're waiting on now is for the wings to be transferred, so Kelli, you may as well mark this thread for deletion.  :shock:

Yep, just waiting for the wings now, so I guess we can delete this? lol

Offline Narnia

Scammed by a Friend
«Reply #20: January 25, 2008, 11:42:16 AM»
These threads never get deleted, just locked.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."