supersaver

Author Topic: Madonna -Stolen  (Read 1762 times)

Offline Chow

Madonna -Stolen
«: January 17, 2008, 05:58:16 PM»
My best friend had her alt stolen today. Both the email and the password have been changed without her knowledge, I'll get info for her as its needed here, she can't sign on to these forums and her email isn't working as I had originaly asked her to email Cironir herself. So this is my only option left.

If you see the alt Madonna then please inform me, it has a port that I'll upload in a moment and two port spaces on it too.

* If the words "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.
o Terence McKenna

* "Why use up the forests which were centuries in the making and the mines which required ages to lay down, if we can get the equivalent of forest and mineral products in the annual growth of the hemp fields?"
o Henry Ford

Offline Chow

Madonna -Stolen
«Reply #1: January 17, 2008, 06:54:42 PM»
Update, got her another emailaccount to email Cir. So hopefully that will be resolved soon.

* If the words "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.
o Terence McKenna

* "Why use up the forests which were centuries in the making and the mines which required ages to lay down, if we can get the equivalent of forest and mineral products in the annual growth of the hemp fields?"
o Henry Ford

Offline Cironir

Madonna -Stolen
«Reply #2: January 17, 2008, 07:03:04 PM»
Someone named Tammy|x changed the password. If the name was traded, I may not be able to help. Furcadia does not support alt trading at this point in time.

Offline Chow

Madonna -Stolen
«Reply #3: January 17, 2008, 07:07:11 PM»
Quote from: "Cironir"
Someone named Tammy|x changed the password. If the name was traded, I may not be able to help. Furcadia does not support alt trading at this point in time.

I figure I'd run the risk of asking what can be done at this point. I know its not supported, but with her having the confirmation emails and such and ovbiously not approving the change?...

o Terence McKenna

o Henry Ford

Offline Cironir

Madonna -Stolen
«Reply #4: January 17, 2008, 07:14:58 PM»
You can't own characters that you didn't create, unless you have been using them exclusively (unshared) for at least six months. The latter only applies to characters and players who haven't been involved in theft or scam cases, and if the person hasn't had these problems before.

But anyway, I froze Madonna and responded to your friend's email.  I'll see what I can do. Still, it is currently not safe or recommended to trade alts (or use traded alts).

Offline Chow

Madonna -Stolen
«Reply #5: January 17, 2008, 07:19:01 PM»
You can't own characters that you didn't create, unless you have been using them exclusively (unshared) for at least six months. The latter only applies to characters and players who haven't been involved in theft or scam cases, and if the person hasn't had these problems before.

But anyway, I froze Madonna and responded to your friend's email.  I'll see what I can do. Still, it is currently not safe or recommended to trade alts (or use traded alts).

Thank you, I will ask if the original creator asks for it back or someone deemed having had it long enough to be the owner you can give it back to them no?

o Terence McKenna

o Henry Ford

Offline Cironir

Madonna -Stolen
«Reply #6: January 17, 2008, 07:23:18 PM»
Yes, but with the condition not to trade, share or gift it until Furcadia provides a secure way of transferring character ownership.

Offline Chow

Madonna -Stolen
«Reply #7: January 17, 2008, 07:29:27 PM»
Yes, but with the condition not to trade, share or gift it until Furcadia provides a secure way of transferring character ownership.

I guess that was my last option. Im in the process of finding the original owner but the trail goes dead at Lauren here on FAM. I'll be happy once the trade command is put in, meanwhile we are at a deadend what to do about actually getting it returned since she'd gotten a port uploaded to it and two port spaces still on the alt.

o Terence McKenna

o Henry Ford

Offline Chow

Madonna -Stolen
«Reply #8: January 28, 2008, 08:38:56 AM»
No new news  on this Cir?

o Terence McKenna

o Henry Ford

Offline Cironir

Madonna -Stolen
«Reply #9: February 02, 2008, 11:00:48 PM»
No news, but I don't think I received a response from your friend. Please ask her to whisper me in the game. I'm currently on between 10am and 10pm FST, on most days. (This will change eventually, can't always stay up so late -- 10pm FST is 5am for me.)

Offline Cironir

Madonna -Stolen
«Reply #10: February 16, 2008, 01:07:42 AM»
Follow-up: The character is now back in the hands of Oz's friend. It wasn't actually a theft case, but the result of something similar to a glitch. In short, the person was able to "create" the character because of a too-similar password. They probably did know that it wasn't theirs, since it had portrait spaces and a digo. but it's probably like finding a $100 bill on the street ... how many people would report it? In any event, there doesn't seem to have been a malicious intent. The character was returned and I extended the digo by thirty days to make up for the lost time.

Offline Narnia

Madonna -Stolen
«Reply #11: February 16, 2008, 01:09:13 AM»
Good work Ciro!
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Tillandsia

Madonna -Stolen
«Reply #12: February 16, 2008, 01:11:00 AM»
That sounds like a happy ending...! :3

Offline Mychelle

Madonna -Stolen
«Reply #13: February 16, 2008, 12:47:06 PM»
Im glad everything worked out. :)
Im letting my alts rot. So dont ask.