supersaver

Author Topic: Want to make things clear. [Scam - Kally]  (Read 4118 times)

Offline Nami

Want to make things clear. [Scam - Kally]
«: January 01, 2008, 10:16:56 AM»
Okay so back in September I bought the alt Draggy from Zira on FAM.
Proof: http://i9.tinypic.com/6u6otar.jpg

Okay? So I get on Furc today and see Draggy sitting there in AI so Im a bit confused and asked when she got the alt since I never sold it. When I didnt get a reply in a few minutes I went and got my laptop with Draggy's INI file on it and logged on and changed the email and pass figuring someone figured out the pass or I forgot to change something when I bought it. ((I tend to do that a lot since my memory isnt the greatest.))

Seconds after logging on Draggy I'm flooded with whisper on why did I steal the alt and stuff like that. I was like "Woah okay I bought the alt a few months ago for three spaces. Hold on and I'll show you the PM's." Her and her friends started ganging up on me and telling me they didn't care about proof and that I was an idiot and a thief, which if anyone knows me they'll know I'm not a thief. Never have been. Never will.

As I talk more, or should I say get yelled at more by Kally, she says this "Well I went on it more so its mine" only in big letters and all rawr like. I screenshoted that too if anyone want to see. Oh and I have the whole conversation of her yelling at me that I would happily show people that shows how both I and she acted. Basically she freaked and said it was going to be a birthday present and thanks a lot for ruining someones birthday and what a horrible person I was for doing that. I'd be happy to send the convo through PM because she didn't want the convo posted on FAM, since it does sort of show that she's just trying to get the alt and pull a scam there. Osnap! I'm smart enough to see through her such devious plan! ohnooooes -shot-

ANYWAYS so if anyone says I 'stole' it there's my story. Cironir can tell that I've had access to the alt since late September. And I bought it for 3 spaces that came from probably Aoi, Iggy, or Itsuya. Can't remember which alt I mainly used.

Ciao <3

Offline MAU

«Reply #1: January 01, 2008, 11:47:57 AM»
she does this all the time: if you don't log on an alt fast enough and change the password/email, she'll take the alt back. she's done this to both my sister and i on numerous occasions. she also asks for alts back after she trades them if she is unable to get back into the alt to reclaim it.

nami is not a thief and is a highly reliable trader, and when her reputation is juxtaposed against zira's in a situation like this, there's no question who should be believed here IMO. :?

not to say i haven't had successful trades with zira in the past, but i'm skittish about changing the password and email very quickly. and also, before she sold the alt to nami, she was giving the password out for that alt like crazy. hell, i even had access to it for awhile.

i was there in AI when people were leaping all over her, it wasn't right, especially when she had proof of purchasing the alt.

Offline Gauge

«Reply #2: January 01, 2008, 11:51:27 AM»
Like Mauser said shes done this before. She did it to Akarui Kurai she sold her the alt Scary and reclaimed it, and started this whole fuss

Offline Cigarette

«Reply #3: January 01, 2008, 12:21:20 PM»
I saw Draggy in DP a lil while ago. Guessing it was Nami now that I've seen this thread, but scared the shit out of me considering Zira fucking stalks me.
contacts: cigarette.

Offline Kally

«Reply #4: January 01, 2008, 12:29:23 PM»
i told you, you got the fucking alt and I didn't do anything to it, so jeeze just get over with and stop saying i called you an idiot, and only ONE friend bothered you. jeeze for cruds sake.
Asa & Kally!
Engaged as of 11-30-2015
~ <3 ~

Offline Hugo

«Reply #5: January 01, 2008, 12:41:20 PM»
Swearing makes you look smart and cool, Zira.

Offline Gallifreyan

«Reply #6: January 01, 2008, 12:49:55 PM»
Quote from: "Zira"
i told you, you got the fucking alt and I didn't do anything to it, so jeeze just get over with and stop saying i called you an idiot, and only ONE friend bothered you. jeeze for cruds sake.

You shouldn't have attempted a scam anyway. Now who's an idiot?

I swear people get less and less honest the further my life goes on.

Offline Kally

«Reply #7: January 01, 2008, 12:51:33 PM»
Quote from: "Scarletpaws"

i didn't attempt anything, I was just logged onto it. and sitting at the allegria island table, being bored.
Asa & Kally!
Engaged as of 11-30-2015
~ <3 ~

Offline Gallifreyan

«Reply #8: January 01, 2008, 12:54:27 PM»

i didn't attempt anything, I was just logged onto it. and sitting at the allegria island table, being bored.

Selling it/trading it means it is not yours to log into. Therefore, wrongly taken from the person.

No matter how you beat around the bush.

Theft is theft.

How about if someone did that to you alts? Wouldn't make you too happy would it?

Offline Kally

«Reply #9: January 01, 2008, 12:55:10 PM»
Quote from: "Loser"
I saw Draggy in DP a lil while ago. Guessing it was Nami now that I've seen this thread, but scared the shit out of me considering Zira fucking stalks me.
and plus, i don't effing stalk you, i used to know you on an old msn and stuff and you forgot me.
Asa & Kally!
Engaged as of 11-30-2015
~ <3 ~

Offline Kally

«Reply #10: January 01, 2008, 12:56:00 PM»

Selling it/trading it means it is not yours to log into. Therefore, wrongly taken from the person.

No matter how you beat around the bush.

Theft is theft.

How about if someone did that to you alts? Wouldn't make you too happy would it?
actually i don't care, it would be a bad birthday present, but i wouldn't care, I'd have to go worry about it and stuff, but idk?
Asa & Kally!
Engaged as of 11-30-2015
~ <3 ~

Vince

«Reply #11: January 01, 2008, 01:17:29 PM»
why would even one friend need to accuse nami of stealing the alt, when obviously, you were the one doing the theft. that's fucking redundant.

anyway, as stated before, you sold the alt, giving away your right to log into it. once you sell an alt, it's no longer yours.

i wouldn't have excepted less from someone so blatantly stupid.

Black Rain

«Reply #12: January 01, 2008, 01:59:26 PM»
Quote from: "Dyke"

You sold the alt, giving away your right to log into it. once you sell an alt, it's no longer yours.

I agree to this. Once you sell the alt, you no longer have ownership of the alt and thus, you have no right to log on to it. So, your so called Friend had no right to bitch at her for changing the password and e-mail as well logging on to the alt. You have alot of nerve pulling that kind of shit.

Offline Cristina

«Reply #13: January 01, 2008, 02:31:54 PM»
This is why I delete the INIs of alts after I sell them :]

If you sold the alt, you had no business to be logging back onto it. If you think that isn't theft, then maybe you need to get educated. You SOLD the alt, therefore SELLING the ownership and right to use it. Sorry, hun... but you cant talk your way out of this one. And I suggest you say nothing more, because everything you've said so far has just made you look more and more stupid. Just drop it and don't do it again.

Offline Kally

«Reply #14: January 01, 2008, 02:52:56 PM»
Quote from: "Cristina"
This is why I delete the INIs of alts after I sell them :]

If you sold the alt, you had no business to be logging back onto it. If you think that isn't theft, then maybe you need to get educated. You SOLD the alt, therefore SELLING the ownership and right to use it. Sorry, hun... but you cant talk your way out of this one. And I suggest you say nothing more, because everything you've said so far has just made you look more and more stupid. Just drop it and don't do it again.
i shut up, i told her shes got the alt, i'm just gonna stop, so bye. o_O
Asa & Kally!
Engaged as of 11-30-2015
~ <3 ~

Edward

«Reply #15: January 04, 2008, 07:33:44 PM»
simple solution to preventing this from happening: don't trade with zira. since it seems she thinks, revoking an alt after a trade is supposedly ok and screaming and bitching when she gets caught in her little act is gonna fix the problem, avoiding her like the plague will keep her from pulling stunts like this. since she seems that untrustworthy.

Offline Kelly

«Reply #16: January 04, 2008, 08:21:38 PM»
They should just ban zira off the site since she's such a problem because maybe people new to the site won't know about Zira's history and will trade with her.
personal message me for attention

Edd

«Reply #17: January 04, 2008, 08:50:09 PM»
once you sell an alt, it is under the ownership of the buyer, as has just been stated.

..regardless of how long it takes them to log into the alt/change the email or pass/etc.

Offline Sync

«Reply #18: January 05, 2008, 10:37:33 AM»
it doesn't really matter anymore.

regardless of zira being a fucking two year old about it, itsu still did receive the alt.

Azula

«Reply #19: January 05, 2008, 10:46:18 AM»
lol seriously.

Offline ADALEINE

«Reply #20: January 05, 2008, 10:57:18 AM»
You don't own an alt if you didn't create it. Yeah, you bought it, but it's not entirely yours.

I'm trying to remember where people are getting that they own the alt entirely after buying it?? Last I remember, it was stated that if you didn't create it, it's not really yours.

Edit: Back when trading first started, in order to transfer ownership you had to email a guardian (Which we did), but after so many requests, that stopped. Unless they've already got a new system in, changing the email and password and handing over money/goods isn't transferring ownership. It's just.. changing the email and the password and handing over money/goods.

Edd

«Reply #21: January 05, 2008, 11:13:58 AM»
times change. lol.

but think about it -- you have an alt, you give it to someone for a price, they have the alt.. then you take it back.

the buyer just lost some money. that's a bit wrong, don't you think?

Offline ADALEINE

«Reply #22: January 05, 2008, 11:26:33 AM»
Times change, sure, but did the system?

http://altmarket.net/viewtopic.php?t=7825&start=15

As it is stated, Cironir clearly says (in bolded letters, might I add) you cannot own a name you did not create. I don't really know how else to take it?

Offline Altria

«Reply #23: January 05, 2008, 11:35:54 AM»
That's true, Hitler. I was going to mention it earlier but didn't.

Alt trading is a grey area with furc. Its not against the rules, but it IS frowned upon, and no, you cannot transfer ownership of a character even if you paid for it. Its just the way it is.

I think I heard it mentioned somewhere that you need to own an alt for x number of months before it becomes "yours". I could be wrong, though.

But, the good news is that she got the alt back, so it doesn't really matter.

Azula

«Reply #24: January 05, 2008, 11:38:24 AM»
Quote from: "Hitler"
You don't own an alt if you didn't create it. Yeah, you bought it, but it's not entirely yours.

I'm trying to remember where people are getting that they own the alt entirely after buying it?? Last I remember, it was stated that if you didn't create it, it's not really yours.

Edit: Back when trading first started, in order to transfer ownership you had to email a guardian (Which we did), but after so many requests, that stopped. Unless they've already got a new system in, changing the email and password and handing over money/goods isn't transferring ownership. It's just.. changing the email and the password and handing over money/goods.

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.
It's like selling something.
If you sell something for a certain price, and the person pays, (THEY GIVE YOU THE MONEY AND THEN YOU GIVE THEM WHAT THEY PAYED FOR), and then you take it back, that's stealing because you GAVE it to them. You gave them what they payed for.
But if you give them a refund or whatever, by giving them back what they payed/the amount that they payed, then that's not really considered stealing.
I don't know what that's considered, honestly.
Do you get it?

supersaver