supersaver

Author Topic: Warning: Jack Sparrow the Pirate  (Read 2160 times)

Bayleigh

• Topic Author
Warning: Jack Sparrow the Pirate
«: December 19, 2007, 03:23:45 PM»
Captain Jack Sparrow The Pirate: TRYING TO SAVE A DREAM! iF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PIRATES, FIGHTING GAMES, SERPANT GAMES, SHOOTING CANNONS, OR RIDING SEA SERPANTS, JOIN ME IN (URL: furc://mm21!) furc://mm21! IT HAS NO KNOWN OWNER SO I DECLARE IT MINE! IF IT IS YOURS, TOO BAD. SO COME!

I didn't get permission to post logs, but basically, when I asked him about it, he said that when he went in, there was no exact name of who owns it, and he said "LOL I'M A PIRATE SO NOW IT'S MINE!!!!".

I suggest you ban him from your dreams to keep him from 'claiming' them. :/

Offline Fwirl

«Reply #1: December 19, 2007, 04:10:20 PM»
yeah, yeah. i went to that dream just yesterday. there was this really fun fighting game thing with big wolves and i was like OMG FUN KILL MYSELF.
he was stating that it was his dream, though. and there was someone else there who said "the owner hasn't been here in a while, so captain jack sparrow says he owns it. play games" yadda yadda. i don't remember exactly.
but yes, i was there just yesterday, and he did indeed claim the dream was his.

Black Rain

• Topic Author
«Reply #2: December 19, 2007, 09:05:43 PM»
If he claims to "own" it then, tell this Jack Sparrow the Pirate to eject and banish you from the dream. Only those with share can banish and eject from the dream and I seriously doubt that he does have share.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #3: December 19, 2007, 09:14:04 PM»
Only those with share can eject.

Only the owner can banish.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Bayleigh

• Topic Author
«Reply #4: December 19, 2007, 09:15:06 PM»
Mhm. He says that he owns it because he doesn't know who owns it. It doesn't mean he's claiming he DOES have share.

Black Rain

• Topic Author
«Reply #5: December 19, 2007, 10:58:09 PM»
Then, he does not need to be telling others that he owns the dream if he does not have share. That is pure ignorance right there.

Bayleigh

• Topic Author
«Reply #6: December 19, 2007, 11:22:54 PM»
o-o You think he cares that it's ignorant?

Offline Altria

«Reply #7: December 20, 2007, 12:36:02 PM»
Um people, you're overreacting. I frequent that dream and the owner hasn't been on for several months. It's not like he's stealing it or anything; he's just uploading it because he wants more people to come.

Offline Dupre

«Reply #8: December 20, 2007, 12:42:39 PM»
It's not overreacting. They are doing something wrong by claiming they own the dream.

Though your post confused me.

Does this person have a copy of the dream or are they just staying afk in it to keep it up and claiming it as their own? Possibly a rip of a dream?

Edit
Um... yeah it is stealing if he didn't make it and he's claiming its his o-o;
Contacts: Dupre

Bayleigh

• Topic Author
«Reply #9: December 20, 2007, 12:58:17 PM»
Quote from: "Scornful"
It's not overreacting. They are doing something wrong by claiming they own the dream.

Though your post confused me.

Does this person have a copy of the dream or are they just staying afk in it to keep it up and claiming it as their own? Possibly a rip of a dream?

Edit
Um... yeah it is stealing if he didn't make it and he's claiming its his o-o;

I agree. It's the SAME thing as saying "THIS IS MY PORT BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WHO MADE IT.".

Offline Pokemon

«Reply #10: December 20, 2007, 01:56:32 PM»
ok um besides furc://mm# dreams being always officially on the server no matter what (old contest dreams, festival maps, G&G day, different versions of main maps, etc)
thats also a free to download dream from the furcadian historical society dreams or what ever
but yea hes obviously someone that was bored and most likely joking around claiming it his since any moron with common sense can read in entry text its by Carrie ( a very well known dream maker )
and when he said there was no exact name he means that when you press f4 it states no uploader name

Offline sht

«Reply #11: December 22, 2007, 10:20:04 PM»
Kaelin`Yfiae Made the dream I beleive. :3
Thats all the info I have.
I'm going back to bed.

Edit :
I WAS WRONG LOL.

Offline Kiwi

«Reply #12: December 23, 2007, 12:21:26 AM»
[Basically a restatement of what Pokemon said - but with links!] mm# dreams are one uploaded to the server, whether they be permanent dream maps such as Acropolis ( Furc://mm10 ) or The Wylde ( Furc://mm12 ). In this case, mm21 is a dream created by Carrie O'Kaye. This information is also given when you enter the map:
Code: [Select]

[[ Privateers ]]
 - dream by Carrie O'Kaye

(* Arrrrr...  Dom'nate darr Seven Seas!  Tame 'em Sea Serpents. Kick 'em Land Lo'ers outta da beach.  Pet 'em sharks.

You can also enter this map via `gomap 5. If you like dream hopping I would suggest playing around with `gomap and furc://mm# to see where you end up.

As for this individual claiming the map. I say there is no harm. Most, if not all of Carrie's dragon scripts she has made public on the forums or through the Furcadia Historical Society where her dream is available for download. I would just keep an eye out if someone tries to sell others work. Thank you for the warning, but in this case it seems as if an over zealous furre would like to take charge of the dream! Sounds like something Captain Jack Sparrow would do.  :wink:
Furcadia Contacts: Kiwi                                                
Contactable for any reason.
FAQ

Offline Altria

«Reply #13: December 23, 2007, 09:28:32 PM»
He also obviously has a copy of the dream if he's uploading it.

Offline Hyorin

«Reply #14: December 23, 2007, 11:27:07 PM»
Quote from: "Haruno Sakura"
He also obviously has a copy of the dream if he's uploading it.

he's not uploading it.

Offline Kono

«Reply #15: December 24, 2007, 08:37:34 AM»
Honestly, I don't see wehat threat he poses, really. If the dream owner came back, he could be easily kicked out. Who says what about a dream shouldn't really matter to anyone else. All in all, he seems rather harmless to me.

Kono | Applejack | Departure | Hilt
Hiring Patchers for New Pony Dream

Offline Altria

«Reply #16: December 24, 2007, 11:54:25 AM»
How is he not uploading it if it's appearing and the original owner hasn't been on for 2+ months? lol

But yeah I agree..this dude's not doing anything so what the hell.

Offline Fwirl

«Reply #17: December 24, 2007, 01:09:30 PM»
true true. it's not like he can do much about it anyways.
i guess this thread could be locked. -shrug.-

Offline sht

«Reply #18: December 24, 2007, 04:35:32 PM»
Quote from: "Haruno Sakura"
How is he not uploading it if it's appearing and the original owner hasn't been on for 2+ months? lol

But yeah I agree..this dude's not doing anything so what the hell.

Its a furc://mm# dream, its uploaded all the time. read the comments on the first page.

Bayleigh

• Topic Author
«Reply #19: December 24, 2007, 05:16:38 PM»
Mhm. Honestly, this is a WARNING. That's why it says WARNING. o-o; I'd personally be pissed off if someone was going around claiming my dreams. I KNOW this stuff that people are saying, and I'm sure everyone else does too, so why say it? All I posted this for was to tell people to watch out for him if he's in your dream. So yes please, lock this thread so people stop trying to argue about something that's not even a real case. We're not trying to solve anything here.

Offline Kiwi

«Reply #20: December 25, 2007, 12:32:57 AM»
Please refer to my elaborated post by Pokemon for more information on the furc://mm# maps and how you can get other historical dreams for playing with and learning purposes!

Thank you!

Thread Locked.
Furcadia Contacts: Kiwi                                                
Contactable for any reason.
FAQ

supersaver