Yes.
53 (66.3%)
No.
21 (26.3%)
Don't know.
6 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: December 17, 2007, 08:59:26 AM

Author Topic: *Poll!* Moving Feral dreams to Wylde.  (Read 3430 times)

Offline Hazel-Rah

*Poll!* Moving Feral dreams to Wylde.
«: December 17, 2007, 08:59:26 AM»
As many of you may of heard, there's going to be dream monitering, and I'm aware there's already a post made about this on the Furcadia forums, but there's not a poll there, so I just wanna see everyone elses stance on the move.

Here's a few keypoints I managed to find and list:

Reasons For the move-

"They take up too much space which leads to other dreams unable to get a good upload spot where there's lots of traffic which prevents new dreams from thriving."

"It worked for FurN. The equine dreams moved to the Ferian farm part of the Wylde, it will work for the ferals."

"The Wylde right now is pretty much dead, maybe if there some sort of inforced ruled that made feral dreams load where they belong the map would actually be busy."

"It's kind of sad that so many feral dreams turn up their nose at the pretty new main map made just for them and remain in AI."

"...you'll know for sure you're walking into a feral dream.."

Reasons Against the move-

"Some of them picked their spots long before the Wylde was made and don't want to move...."

"The Wylde is dead, and won't attract visitors."

"There are 10 people at most in the Wylde at it's busiest to Allegria's 100, and those 10 people are just idling."

"The Wylde is huge and slightly difficult to navigate. I really think moving all feral dreams there will kill the newer ones, and the oldest will suffer considerably."

"The Wylde doesn't have a keyboard shortcut."

Offline Foul

«Reply #1: December 17, 2007, 09:48:58 AM»
Hmmm, I dont do much feral Rping, because a stupid mini war thing between old AFP and older FP got me irritated and lost two friends due to my not participating in either side.

I have been in the Wylde only a few times, and I can definately agree on the cons of the situation.
Not many people go walking around in there cause it is huge (And popping in there upon my returning led me to wander around) And sometimes fairly hard to navigate your way through.

But if you think about it, with more dreams moving in there, it would draw in the feral hype, and give that section of fur, a better chance to grow.
Just hope it wouldnt lead to loads of advertizments, telling everyone an their brother to go to the Wylde for their dreams, cause it would flood over FurN, AI, and other places where there are larger amounts of people.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #2: December 17, 2007, 11:08:17 AM»
I say move them all by force.

Why? Because when all of them are in the Wylde then people will populate the Wylde.

Besides, if that's where Furcadia wants those dreams, that's where Furcadia will get those dreams. Remember that its their game and they always win.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Bayleigh

«Reply #3: December 17, 2007, 12:51:26 PM»
I agree with Narnia my all means.

1. If DEP wants to move them.. They're going to be moved. .3.
2. If they do like, an announcement on the events pop-up window about it, people will know that the feral dreams are in Wylde, and if they're looking for a feral dream, they'll go to Wylde.

Black Rain

«Reply #4: December 17, 2007, 02:29:51 PM»
I personaly think that if they move the feral dreams to the Wylde, then, they should move all the BAH dreams to the Homes island. BAH's take up just as much space as the feral dreams do.

Offline Sync

«Reply #5: December 17, 2007, 03:01:12 PM»
my main reason for not wanting feral dreams to go to the wylde is because it's so difficult to navigate around, i always get lost.
i'd be all for it if they just cleaned that up.

Offline Hyorin

«Reply #6: December 17, 2007, 04:13:19 PM»
the only way all the feral dreams will move is if furcadia forces it, because face it, nobody's going to move while there's no traffic there.

Offline Hugo

«Reply #7: December 17, 2007, 05:33:48 PM»
If dreams move, people will move. The only thing that wouldn't work is if they charged or made people prove their ID to use the Wylde map.

Wylde isn't popular now because no one is there but if people get moved there the patrons will follow.

Offline Masha

«Reply #8: December 17, 2007, 09:20:28 PM»
How..............exactly will they move them, though? Will EF go through furc, looking for them? Or will they somehow know? Just something I was confused about.

Also, move them already. I love the map and would like the find dreams there for my character Lift. AI is too hard to bother finding the dreams in. Too cluttered.

Offline Glory

«Reply #9: December 18, 2007, 03:56:00 PM»
Quote from: "Tachs"
How..............exactly will they move them, though? Will EF go through furc, looking for them? Or will they somehow know? Just something I was confused about.

They will give those volunteer guardian beekins the bad job of having to unload them if they find em in AI i guess ;p

Im all for the move. There was a fine amount in the Kumori packlands (which uplaoded in Wylde), but they moved back to AI and it wasnt life or death increase; just more idle people and newbies that didnt know how to roleplay and sat in the OOC.
If you have trouble navigating by foot, your loss; they invented that MAGICKAL f3/Use button for a purpose to warp you around.
I don't use this website much.

Offline Hyorin

«Reply #10: December 23, 2007, 05:14:33 PM»
uhh, is AI's feral isle going to be removed then? lol

Offline Mychelle

«Reply #11: December 23, 2007, 07:43:07 PM»
Quote from: "Kosh"
They will give those volunteer guardian beekins the bad job of having to unload them if they find em in AI i guess ;p

Though I can honestly see a bunch of Beekins patrolling AI and taking down feral dreams and actually enjoying it. Heh.
Im letting my alts rot. So dont ask.

Offline Rikarai

«Reply #12: December 23, 2007, 07:50:27 PM»
I say move them. Dx It's so hard to not run around AI back when there was actually SPACE to move, lest you fall into some random feral dream. ): It's no fun playing tag in AI anymore.
[da] <--- PORTS/DIGI ART etc. xD   [[わ! この なまえ は おもしろい です よ!]]

Offline Cristina

«Reply #13: December 28, 2007, 03:29:54 PM»
I think the move is a great idea. As of now, the Wylde is basically rotting because not many feral dreams utilize it. If the feral dreams are all forced to go there, the people who visit these dreams now will move with the dream, and then the map will be populated.

What i like about the wylde is all its different locations, which can organize the different types of feral dreams if their owners follow suit. If you want to find a lion/savannah dream, you simply go to the savannah. Like someone already said, all the horse dreams are in Farm area. It makes finding what type of feral dream you are looking for so much easier.

And I don't find it hard to navigate at all... at least not with the F3 teleport command. As of now, furcadia putting in the wylde was a total waste, so I think the move will be very positive and make things a lot easier, while also freeing up AI's space. And i don't think Furcadia will have a hard time getting everyone to move.. like Narnia said, they always get what they want, lol.

Offline ali

«Reply #14: December 30, 2007, 04:14:25 PM»
Personally, I'm both for and against.

FOR?

AI is way too cluttered, and should only be specific humanoid/anthro/things with two legs, the feral dreams just mess everything up. Same with the stupid anime / pokemon dreams there, they just get in your way.

AGAINST?

I'd get lost looking for most of the dreams I keep my alts in.

Offline MAU

«Reply #15: January 26, 2008, 03:01:53 AM»
personally, i'm really happy to see people are more accepting of the move on FAM than what i've seen so far in-game (which has just been a bunch of 'meh-if-we're-forced-to-move-the-dream's-closing' griping).

AI is getting packed with everything and everyone from idlers, dreams of all kinds, active people, cliques; it's furcadia's main nexus (forget the vinca! :lol:) it's hard to navigate now and honestly, i'd have a lot more fun browsing feral dreams if they weren't all crammed together in AI.

the wylde is going through a series of large modifcations, to quote emerald flame: "it's now a bigger map that you can walk between biomes, it has an overlook now, added navigation and it looks like an island for our new minimaps that will be going in soon!" here's also a screenshot of the updated map.

Sookan

«Reply #16: January 26, 2008, 03:43:40 AM»
wylde map looks amazing now i must say. i saw it a week or so ago. im still not happy and i still say i wont go unless im following, but at least the wylde is in a sensible order now.

(and 195 x bigger than the biggest map)

Offline Belial

«Reply #17: January 27, 2008, 04:54:05 PM»
They have their own map for a reason, move them. Plus I swear I heard a rumor about making ANOTHER feral map. Because we all know they already use the one they have and more than 95% of AI.

Offline Sync

«Reply #18: January 27, 2008, 05:07:35 PM»
Quote from: "Dai"
They have their own map for a reason, move them. Plus I swear I heard a rumor about making ANOTHER feral map. Because we all know they already use the one they have and more than 95% of AI.
it's really a remake, which looks a hella lot better than the original.

Offline Dil

«Reply #19: January 28, 2008, 07:06:17 PM»
I'm ALL for the move.
I've seen some of the dreams threatening to shut down.. and honestly, I don't see the big deal. If they're all forced to move, the Wylde will automatically gain more visitors anyway. Simple logic. I'm thinking they'll get even MORE visitors, because people who are looking for feral dreams will know exactly where to find them.
And it's not like Furcadia will suffer if a feral dream or two shuts down. It wasn't meant to have ferals in it in the first place.

Erde

«Reply #20: January 28, 2008, 08:21:35 PM»
thought i do agree the wylde is hard to navigate, it was the ferals whining and moaning about having their own map, avatars, etc. if they want them so bad, they should have to live with it. :/

Offline Zim

«Reply #21: January 28, 2008, 08:22:44 PM»
Quote from: "xenon"
thought i do agree the wylde is hard to navigate, it was the ferals whining and moaning about having their own map, avatars, etc. if they want them so bad, they should have to live with it. :/

They're actually redoing the map so it's easier to navigate.

Plus, f3 works great.

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Erde

«Reply #22: January 28, 2008, 08:53:55 PM»
Quote from: "Baroque"
Quote from: "xenon"

They're actually redoing the map so it's easier to navigate.

Plus, f3 works great.

good. then i have no problem with them forcing ferals there. it is a nice map, afterall.

Bam

«Reply #23: January 29, 2008, 11:22:19 AM»
I'm with Narn- move 'em by force.

They won't move of their own accord, because AI is high-traffic. AI will remain high-traffic/feral central unless feral dreams are forcibly moved to the Wylde... Why? Because there's no one in the Wylde, and if a dream moves there, some patrons may follow for a short time, but ultimately:
1. Those few may leave
2. The dream will lose patrons that find them randomly through AI
and thus,
3. They won't gain the population back by being in The Wylde.
The result will be a dead dream.

I'm sure that's how every feral dream manager is thinking right now. Who wants to lose their spot in the high-traffic place, only to move and lose patrons? No one. At least nobody that’s planning on running a successful dream, anyhow.

However, if they are moved by force, then I can foresee this happening: Yes, a lot of the feral dreams will close, but I think the ones that stay will become huge within a short time because the sheer number of patrons looking for feral dreams is so high, and if the number of dreams drop… well, that much I've already stated and should be obvious enough. It may cause a few grumbles, but in the end, I think it's for the best.

The Wylde map may have been created for feral dreams, and that is where they should be, but I think unless that is enforced, they won't move, no matter how navigable/beautiful the map may turn out to be in the end.

Offline Hyorin

«Reply #24: January 31, 2008, 08:23:05 PM»
well i'm sort of caught in the middle. on one hand, i LOVE the new wylde map. really, the size was one of my only issues with it. now i'm all for packing up and moving there. but i'm not an owner of a dream - i'm a patron of several feral dreams. i go there for roleplay. as much as i love the wylde, i'm not gonna rot my alts there when i can be off socializing and rping. and the owners of the dreams i hang out in don't seem to want to move anytime soon. so i'm sticking with them until they relocate.