supersaver

Author Topic: Darkest Desires BAH  (Read 1177 times)

Ithildin

• Topic Author
Darkest Desires BAH
«: December 07, 2007, 02:55:58 AM»
First of all... A BAH in FurN? What are people thinking... But that's not really on topic.

Well, I'm not really sure this is the right place for me to be posting this, nor am I positive it's really an alert of any kind.

Basically, a friend of mine and I were talking and she brought it to my attention that this could really be a scam, or an illegal issue if nothing else... and she asked if I would post it here for her because she doesn't really use FAM all that often anymore.

So long story short... This BAH 'charges' people for rent to have rooms and whatnot within the dream. Maybe it's been done before and there's nothing wrong with it, but my friend started to tell me that it might be considered against some sort of rules, seeing as how it isn't their patches (all from roamheart I believe?) and they're trying to make money off of it.

The whole idea of paying just to stay within a dream is really ridiculous to me, but that's not the point I'm trying to make either.

This is in their site:
"Our BAH is like no other. We've built to keep your slaves/pets with you. Or just build a home to bring home your partner and get your groove on. Either way, noone else is like us. Each home will cost 5GD for 1 month. After your month expire you will have to pay another 5GD again or you will loose your home. We WILL accept digo's for rent on a home. Depending on what digo and how long the digo lasts depends on your home and so forth."

And here's the link showing it: http://www.freewebs.com/darkestdesiresbah/index.htm

This may not be any kind of alert or scam at all, (even though it seems scammish and wrong to charge people for staying there anyway), but I just wanted to toss this up for a friend of mine and for my own curiousity now that she brought it up, so we can see a wider look of what other people think on this matter.

Offline Eevee

Darkest Desires BAH
«Reply #1: December 07, 2007, 03:12:13 AM»
Every BaH even down to Silon's downloadable BaH has always made it where you pay digos to keep your house as it is for so many months and they add the items you used in your house in-ame to the actual dream map in map editor so when they need to reupload, you don't have to redecorate.

Even the BaH I ran offered that as an option.

It's not a scam if people are willing to pay you to keep a section of your dream just for them to freely use and not worry about being deleted until a set date you and that person have agreed to.

Ithildin

• Topic Author
Darkest Desires BAH
«Reply #2: December 07, 2007, 03:14:29 AM»
Ahh, okay.

Yeah, like I said before, it could have already been done but I never go to BAHs and the like and just heard about this from a friend of mine. ^^

Thanks for the info~

Black Rain

• Topic Author
Darkest Desires BAH
«Reply #3: December 07, 2007, 04:07:47 AM»
Actualy, I would consider it partial a Scam. All BAH whom allow pay to keep a house is actualy attempting to scam you from your Stuff. However, if you are ignorant enough to pay some one for a space where as, you can make your own instead and save shitloads of money, then, it's fine by me. However, if you pay for a space and, the dream goes down and never comes back up. It would be your fault for stupidly paying in the first place.

Bayleigh

• Topic Author
Darkest Desires BAH
«Reply #4: December 07, 2007, 08:18:29 AM»
Especially since there are people that can make you an entire dream for free if you can't make your own. But yeah, it's not really a scam, being /most/ people that have GDs are smart enough to not spend it on.. BaHs.

Offline Zim

Darkest Desires BAH
«Reply #5: December 07, 2007, 10:05:56 AM»
Another beekin actually logged onto the channel last night asking about the exact same thing. As far as I've read, there's really no rule against doing this. Yeah, it's stupid, but they're not forcing you to buy anything. If you don't want to pay, you just go to another dream, or learn to make your own.

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Ithildin

• Topic Author
Darkest Desires BAH
«Reply #6: December 07, 2007, 01:13:44 PM»
The beekin that asked it on the channel last night is the friend I was referring to. After that, she figured it wouldn't hurt to ask about it on here just to see what other people think as well.

But yes, I don't believe it to be a scam exactly, seeing as how no one is forced. But still, thinking about them trying to make money off of using someone else's patches (because I believe you can't use some items in the bah unless you pay?) that even though they're free-to-download patches, I don't think it's right to try and make money off of them.

I think some of the creators of those patches putting them up to freely download even mention not taking credit for or making money with them. Though that could be another case entirely...

Even though a person would be foolish to actually pay these people, there are gullible people out there that might fall into the trap. It's happened before. But I suppose they would learn the hard way, as previously stated.

Bayleigh

• Topic Author
Darkest Desires BAH
«Reply #7: December 07, 2007, 02:15:29 PM»
If they do go for it, I wouldn't say it's a scam, more like a bad deal. I've been to some nice BaHs that have specials where if you donate a couple GDs, there's a 'pet' or a small animal patch type of thing that will follow you around whenever you're in the dream. It's not like the people are FORCED to have it. Same with perms. If you pay a digo, your home doesn't poof on you. But you don't HAVE to pay. Just go to a different BaH if you really don't like it. Maybe this should go in In-Depth though, if people are going to really want to converse about what's fair, what's not in BaHs.

Offline Narnia

Darkest Desires BAH
«Reply #8: December 07, 2007, 02:42:55 PM»
This is not a scam. I'll lock this before it turns to BaH bashing. If you want to pay to be part of a dream that's your loss. FAM welcomes everyone for free (but we don't let you build a home). Oh, make sure you pay your monthly worshiping tax to me of 5GD ASAP if you want to remain a FAM member. =P
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Alt Market, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."